PDA

View Full Version : I need more filling foods

SuperTerrorizer
05-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Currently I'm cutting while my wrist recovers and I'm constantly hungry.

Here is basically a day's eating:

- 6-12 egg whites, 2 pieces of whole grain toast, banana

- tuna sandwich

- chicken salad or chicken sandwich

- either fish, chicken, or lean beef with sweet potatoe or brown rice

- celery, carrots, cucumbers, and organic peanuts for snack

I also take two whey shakes with water only. No soda or juice throughout the day, only water.

-----------------------------

I fear I'm eating too much on a cut. Are there any other foods that will fill me up without too many calories?

TheGimp
05-09-2006, 05:06 AM
Try eating some fats :)

SuperTerrorizer
05-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Try eating some fats :)

Fats on a cut?

TheGimp
05-09-2006, 05:30 AM
Hell yes, they are essential for life, not to mention a lot more satisfying than all those carbs you have been eating.

HILL
05-09-2006, 05:34 AM
even on a cut you should be getting 0.5 g of fat per pound of lean body mass. plus fats are more filling ive been cutting for 9 months almost slowly and trust me they are more filling i notice it just for 2 or 3 extra spoons of olive oil in my shakes

ddegroff
05-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Currently I'm cutting while my wrist recovers and I'm constantly hungry.

Here is basically a day's eating:

- 6-12 egg whites, 2 pieces of whole grain toast, banana

- tuna sandwich (bread)

- chicken salad or chicken sandwich (bread)

- either fish, chicken, or lean beef with sweet potatoe or brown rice

- celery, carrots, cucumbers, and organic peanuts for snack

I also take two whey shakes with water only. No soda or juice throughout the day, only water.

-----------------------------

I fear I'm eating too much on a cut. Are there any other foods that will fill me up without too many calories?

All that bread would make me hungry as hell. Try chicken with veggies (red peppers, tender green beans, etc.) Fats are also great they fill you up for longer.

Built
05-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Read the cutting link in my sig.

Fats on a cut are the bomb!

Stackattack
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
While i was cutting i was adding a tablespoon of oil (olive or flax) to every shake. My appetite was so non existant that i had trouble hitting 3000 cals each day.
Add some fats.

Intense
05-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, good fats..flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, ect. Natty peanut butter is great. also get some more slow digesting carbs, that will help :)

CBrons
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah fats... as in the EFAs. For Omega-3, 6 and 9. For Omega-3 I suggest Carlsons Fish Oil which is available at many retail outlets. For Omega-6 I take Evening Primrose Oil gel caps. Obviously Omega-9 can be covered by a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Take one tablespoon of the
Carlson's fish oil with your first non-workout meal, one tablespoon of the
extra virgin olive oil with your second, and Evening Primrose gel caps for
Omega 6 (use bottle instructions for dosage) with the bedtime meal.

Alternatively you could use flax seeds/oil for Omega-3 but it has been suggested that flax may increase the risk of prostate cancer. Your call.