PDA

View Full Version : Need some diet help.

Haaji Dont Surf
05-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I am currently ~175 lbs at 6'2" and I am looking to slowly bulk up... My last attempt at a bulk last month left me with way too much fat. I've got ~155 lbs of LBM. I want to be able to do cardio, 2 miles three days a week and 1 mile two days a week, play tennis with the gf when she wants a partner, and hit the heavy bag whenever I feel in the mood for it, but I need to get bigger. How much fat/carbs/protein do I need? Calories? My last bulk I went on about 4000-5000 calories a day and took a lot of my calories from Taco Bell. This time it's going to be an all around clean bulk. My goal right now is to put on about 15-20 lbs of LBM. Any help at all is appreciated.

Built
05-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Okay, well, track your cals.

Gain slower.

How fast did you gain before when you did this?

Read the link in my sig and do it backward. Plan to gain about 5 lbs a month.

Haaji Dont Surf
05-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Okay, well, track your cals.

Gain slower.

How fast did you gain before when you did this?

Read the link in my sig and do it backward. Plan to gain about 5 lbs a month.
Word, I already use FitDay. I'm not sure how fast I gained because I didn't way myself frequently enough.. I figured with all the fluids going in and out and food it wouldn't be too accurate.

Built
05-09-2006, 01:32 PM
It is over time.

You learn to pay attention to the fluctuations and you'll know what they mean.

Weigh yourself first thing in the AM naked, empty and unfed.

To gain a pound a week, overeat 500 cals a day.

Haaji Dont Surf
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
It is over time.

You learn to pay attention to the fluctuations and you'll know what they mean.

Weigh yourself first thing in the AM naked, empty and unfed.

To gain a pound a week, overeat 500 cals a day.
How do I account for cardio? If you tell me I missed this when reading the link in your sig, I am going to feel like an ass. :p Thank's for such quick and warm replies kind mam.

Built
05-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't account for exercise when I diet because it doesn't change - it's a given.

If you're adding it in, eat a little extra to compensate depending on how much you do. There may be some formulas online that will help you ballpark - beyond this for me there be dragons.

You're welcome. :)

Haaji Dont Surf
05-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Using a calculator I found online I determined that my maintenance calorie level is 2780 and I added the 500 for bulking and got 3280 a day. This was with saying I would be exercising 5 days a week. I'm putting my LBM at about 155 for all of my fat/carb/protein levels. Now I just need to clean up my diet and consume to meet these needs.