PDA

View Full Version : BUNCH of questions..mostly my weight.

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 02:31 PM
So, here is what I am doing. I am working out daily or every other day. I wanna loose some weight but don't know how. I am not just gonna stop eating, because from someone I heard that your body eats muscle before fat, which is the total opposite of what I am trying to do. How can I go about loosing weight, fat weight, and not muscle? Another question is, is it true that you should eat tunafish within 2 hours after your workout? Sorry new to this..so if I have any other questions I will post..thanks alot.

getfit
05-09-2006, 02:34 PM
how's your diet looking like now?

ofcourse, don't stop eating dear god!

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I eat whatever I want..junk food all of that good stuff.

getfit
05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
you want to loose weight no?
time to start tracking what you eat and clean up your diet

getfit
05-09-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Here is what I ate today..

2 bowls of frosted flakes with 2% milk.
Big glass of 2% milk

---------------------

School chicken, no bread just chicken with ketchup maybe I forget
One school 1% white milk
One school 1% chocolate milk

---------------------

Tuna in a can..no mayo or anything..worked out today to.
Big glass of 2% milk
Birch Beer with ice..

And now I am here..prolly won't eat anything else for the night..

Unreal
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Your diet sucks, bad. If you want to accomplish any body recomposition, wether it be losing weight, or gaining muscle, you seriously need to get diet on track first.

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 07:40 PM
How..I don't know how..

Built
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Read the cutting link in my sig, RATM

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't know exactly what to eat though..if not, then I don't know. I don't eat any fruits or vegatables..at all. Not "directly at least. Like I don't eat tomatoes..but I eat ketchup..

Built
05-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Did you read the link in my sig, RATM? The food choices don't matter as much as the amounts.

Edited to add: why, exactly, do you eat no produce?

RATM1731
05-09-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't like the taste of it. At all.

getfit
05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
sorry, if you don't sort out your diet and all not much will come of out of it!

getfit
05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
if you're serious about getting in shape,you'll have to change your diet.What's your training split like?

betastas
05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Think about what you want more. The temporary taste in your mouth, or an everlasting feeling of satisfaction and success. Your call.

RATM1731
05-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Hm. True. My split? I don't know I workout everyday..

getfit
05-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Hm. True. My split? I don't know I workout everyday..
how does your training routine look like?

RATM1731
05-10-2006, 07:45 AM
I gotta talk to my buddy, I will get back to you after I ask him what days we do what.

Unreal
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
First step would be to figure out your own routine. How can you be serious if you don't even know what your doing? If your working out everyday then your already doing something wrong. Read the WBB1 routine, and BGB routine. Those are both excellent routines. Notice one is a 3 day and the other 4 days routine. Rest is right up there behind diet when it comes to training.

RATM1731
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I knew what we did..just not on what days..I tried WBB1 for like 2 months..nothing.

Pecs and Tris
Back and Bis
Legs and Shoulders

Repeat all week. My buddy told me everyone does that..in are school on the football team..(I am on but just started working out again).

RATM1731
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
That pisses me off..because it's like I don't know what to do..

Unreal
05-10-2006, 07:44 PM
It is easy. Start one of the quality routines on this site. Get your diet fixed up by following the guides on here. Honestly all you have to do is read the stickies and the top of each forum, follow them, and your gains will be great.

Stupendous
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't know exactly what to eat though..if not, then I don't know. I don't eat any fruits or vegatables..at all. Not "directly at least. Like I don't eat tomatoes..but I eat ketchup..

Easy on the ketchup. Lots of sugar!

RATM1731
05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah I suppose so.

RedSpikeyThing
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I tried WBB1 for like 2 months..nothing.

Nothing? In what sense? No weight loss? or no strength gains?

Not losing weight is a result of an improper diet. You should track everything you eat for a few days on www.fitday.com and post them here.

Easy on the ketchup. Lots of sugar!

I don't think that is source of the problem right now lol

Paul Stagg
05-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I fyou are really serious about making body composition changes, you need to learn some basic things about nutrition. Don't get frustrated, it takes time to learn, and lots of experimenting to find the optimal diet (as well as routine) for you at a given time for specific goals.

Based on your post, you are in high school, yes? If so, focus on some basic stuff:

Eat 2 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegatables per day. A glass of Oj ain the morning and a box of raisins with luch wipe that out (the OJ isn't optimal, but it's easy - if you prefer, eat an apple sometime during the day). 16 oz of V8 gets you two servings of veggies. A nice big salad is another one.

Not necessarily optimal, but better than what you are doing now.

Eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight. It doesn't have to be exact, .8 - 1.2 is a good range to shoot for.

Minimize the junk food.

Start there. See what happens.

At your age, I'd rather you focus on nutrition rather than calorie counts. Young men tend to have fast metabolisms, as long as you are active you'll be pleased with your progress. If you find yourself getting fatter, just eat a little less.

As far as your lifting, I think you should start a thread in the appropriate forum to get more specific advice, but really, it doesn't matter all that much as long as you are training your entire body. Your breakdown above is fine, I'd like to see you train 4-5 times a week - something like this:

Monday: Legs/shoulders
Tuesday: Back/biceps
Thursday: Chest/tris
Saturday: Legs/shoulders
Monday: Back/biceps
Tuesday: Chest tris
Thursday: Legs shoulders
Saturday: back/bis

etc.

Doesn't have to be in that order or those days, but that's where I'd start if you insist on matching someone else's program.

If you want to design your own program, I would train full body 3 times a week, and do some other training 2-3 days a week (running, play ball, swimming, etc)