PDA

View Full Version : I work for 8-9 hours outside, then lift, enough cals for my bulk?

ShadyRensch
05-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm currently in the process of my first ever bulk, I'm 6'0'' and 190ish pounds, and 20 years old. I just started my summer job which is working for the City. I do jobs outdoors from 7 am-3 pm. I usually end up lifting a bunch of heavy things and lots of physical work. I eat breakfast at about 6 am, usually a cup of oatmeal, and a protein shake or something like that. Then we get "lunch break" at 10, I know its early, and eat another meal, then get off at 3 and come home eat some more and go lift.

Do I need to eat more because I am burning off calories during the day? I am currently taking in 3500 cals on my lifting days, and 3000 on off days, but I'm not sure if that's enough with working these hours before?

TechMetalMan
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
IF you are gaining weight then you are getting enough cals. If you are not gaining weight than you are not getting enough calories.

That's my simple way of looking at it.

ShadyRensch
05-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok, new question?? Am I taking in too much protein for a bulk? My fitday is in my sig.

TechMetalMan
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure you are taking TOO much in. You are taking in a heavy load for your body weight, but I am no expert on how your body will use it or if any is "wasted". As long as you are not feeling any detrimental effects then I would say you are probably fine. Unless someone else knows how this might effect you negatively then I wouldn't worry about it.

I would say just try to stay consistent with your heavy calorie load and make sure you get a good amount of carbs and fat to balance and work with your protein intake.