PDA

View Full Version : Mike's hardgainer journal

mikeryanrebecca
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
yo to everyone on this board. I'm starting this thread after about 5 months straight of consistent training. I started college in late august and weighed about 150 lbs. After a few weeks, my weight went down to a horrible 147. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall, so those were terrible numbers. Well I got serious around Christmas break, and now I'm at about 167 lbs. Well I'm starting off this summer and I plan on getting even more intense. I'm gonna change up my whole routine, and add alot to my eating regimen. It's gonna be tough with work and summer classes, but I plan on staying dedicated and consistent. I have become seriously addicted to lifting and not much can stand in my way.

My goal by the end of summer is to be 180 lbs, but i will still be bulking up, so i wont begin attempting to cut down on fat or do cardio stuff until i get to at least 185. It's not gonna be easy but i don't plan on quitting.

Goodwinm
05-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the board. Hope you get a workout posted up soon! If you wanna be big(ger). You came to the right place ;) Just keep the motivation up, with the intensity and you will be fine!!

regards
Mike G.

mikeryanrebecca
05-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Alright, here's my regimen as of now. (I'm gonna do a completely different routine starting around June 1st, just to change everything up.). I've been doing this one, with slight variations in exercises, since the beginning of January.

Monday- Chest, Biceps: chest- Bench press (4 sets w/increasing weight evry set), incline dumbell press (3 sets increasing wt), dumbell flyes (3 sets)
Biceps- Concentration curls (3 sets), Barbell curl (3 sets increasing weight)

Tuesday- Legs: Squats (4 sets increasing weight), Stiff-legged deadlift (3 sets increasing wt), hamstring curls (2 sets inc wt), quad curls (2 sets inc wt), standing weighted calf raises (3 sets)

Wednesday- Shoulders, Triceps: Shoulders- seated military press (4 sets inc wt), standing flyes/ front dumbell shoulder lift supersets (3 sets), shrugs (3 sets inc wt)
Triceps- Dips (4 sets to failure), seated dumbell triceps extensions (3 sets inc wt)

Thursday- Back: Pull-ups (4 sets to failure), Dumbell Rows (3 sets inc wt), Lat pull-down machine (3 sets inc wt), row machine (3 setss inc wt)

I do abs on Monday, wednesday, and thursday.

Like I said, I'm changing it all up in a couple weeks, and I'll post it up when I do.