PDA

View Full Version : Steel Chopsticks

AlecB
05-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Whats up everybody? My name is Alec and I just found WBB a few days ago. Great website y'all got here - lots of good info and dedicated pepole. Me and my roommate Nathan are from Virginia but we're living in China now teaching English. We came here Aug 2004 and its been fun so far but really stressful. Imagine being stared at, pointed at, shouted at, heckled and cheated every day. NOT cool. Anyway, the gym has been our savior...

I started working out seriously (3 days/week) in Oct 2004. Made some good gains and put on a little weight but then I met my girlfriend. All of a sudden I had no time for the gym...

Flash forward to January 2006. My girlfriend and I got married and my body is back to its scrawny old self. I started going to the gym again and now go 3 days a week every week. Ive put on the 5kgs I lost and Im happy to see that my strength has come back very quickly. I just tried deadlifts for the first time and I can garuantee they are going in the rotation.

OK, here are my starting numbers-

Oct 2004
weight - 60kg (132 pounds)
bench - 60kg
leg press - 160kg
squat - 60kg
dead - none

Jan 2005
weight - 60kg
bench - 80kg
leg press - 240kg
squat - 70kg
dead - none

May 2005
weight - 65kg (143 pounds)
bench - 100kg
leg press - 280kg
squat - 70kg
dead - 22.5kg (1st time, to get the form down)

If you want to see pictures and/or rag on my tattoo, go here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78943).

Im trying out Chris Mason's reccomended split for beginners (gain 15 pounds (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=69605)) and so far so good. Ive done the first two days and my legs are feeling it. The workouts are much, much quicker than Im used to, and I dont feel as pumped by the end. Chris said to "have faith" so Ill be patient and see what comes of it.

GOALS (May 2007)
Weight - 75kg
Bench - 120kg
Squat - 150kg

ottomanart
05-10-2006, 11:03 AM
GOALS (May 2007)
Weight - 75kg

:windup:
I will push you at the gym every day and we'll cook big meals every night but that weight won't ever crawl onto your scrawny ass till you are back home in the SOUTH and are eat'n you're Aunt's home cook'n:D and then you had better invite me over... though I may not need the weight, I could sure go for some of that good eat'n.:nod:

AlecB
05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
OK, here it is. Bear in mind that this is my first time doing deads and squats with CORRECT FORM. The weights are really low but I definitely had a good workout as my legs are still sore today (Thursday).

All weights include a 9kg bar. (*) = working sets

SLD
8 @ 13.5kg
8 @ 13.5kg
6 @ 18kg
6 @ 18kg
15 @ 22.5 (*)

The working set was easy so I will increase the weight next week now that I have the form down. I felt my lower back got a better workout than my hams.

Squats
10 @ 22.5kg
8 @ 31kg
6 @ 41kg
8 @ 54kg (*)
8 @ 63kg (*)

I could do a little more on the working sets but not much lol God my legs are weak!

Calf Raises
10 @ 32kg
10 @ 54kg (extra set)
20 @ 32kg (*)
20 @ 41kg (*)
20 @ 41kg (*)(extra set)

I really want to hit my calves hard cause they look like chopsticks. It seems to take a lot of working to exhaust them so I threw in a few extra sets. Even with the extra sets they didnt feel too tired and the next day they werent sore. Even so, I cant add much more weight cause my form suffers and I cant hold the barbell that long at that weight.

Good Mornings
10 @ 18kg
10 @ 18kg

Not part of Chris's split but Ive heard good things about them and I wanted to give em a try.

Other notes - ate a bunch of food (for me, still less than I should) and got good sleep.

AlecB
05-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Wednesday - hamstrings still sore from mondays workout.

Standing Militray Press
8 @ 18kg
8 @ 18kg
6 @ 32kg
6 @ 36.5kg (*)
4 @ 51kg (*)
4 @ 55kg (*)

55 was definitely my upper limit. Had a spotter and almost needed him to assist the last one. My back was shaky and twitchy but I got all 4 of them up. I lowered the bar in front, down onto my collar bone. Is this correct form? Ive never done SMP before.

Weighted Dips
10 @ BW+5kg
10 @ BW+11.5kg (*)
10 @ BW+16kg (*)

Easy. Ill add more weight next week. I love dips.

Weighted Chinups
10 @ BW
8 @ BW+2.25kg (*)
8 @ BW+4.5kg (*)

The last set was tough but I got em all. I saw in another post Built recomends jumping up and focusing on the negative resistance if you cant get all the reps in a set. Ill add some more weight next week and try that.

Back felt used and so did my tri's but I felt like my chest didnt get any work.

Other notes - ate more than usual, slept plenty. I make shakes every night before bed and today I bought the wrong kind of ice cream. Thought I was getting vanilla but I accidentally bought corn. Yes, CORN ice cream. F-ing disgusting. Chinese people have strange taste...

Weight - 65.5kg :thumbup: Gained a pound in 3 days but it may just be water. We'll see.

AlecB
05-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Well I wasnt supposed to go today but I really wanted to get in there so I went anyway. Sorry Chris ... I DO have faith in your workout. Looking back at yesterday I just dont think I got a good hard workout, plus I dont think any exercises in the routine work biceps. I was feeling pretty stressed all day so I just popped in the gym for a quick workout. Heres what I did - in the actual order, all weights include the bar, (*) is a working set. (BTW - Im not exactly sure what a working set is, but I figure its where I would fail if I tried to do a few more reps...Is this right?)

DB Curls
10 @ 5kg
10 @ 8kg
10 @ 10kg
10 @ 12kg
7 @ 15kg (*)
3 @ 18kg (*)

Inclines (didnt hit my chest hard at all yesterday)
10 @ 29kg
10 @ 43kg
10 @ 52kg
7 @ 56.5kg (*)
5 @ 61kg (*)

Incline DB Curls
10 @ 12kg (*)
8 @ 12kg (*)

Hammer Curls
10 @ 10
8 @ 12 (*)
8 @ 12 (*)

Pull ups
10 @ BW

Skis (forearms)
60 @ 8kg
60 @ 8kg

Forearm DB Curls
20 @ 8kg
20 @ 8kg

Good workout, felt great after I finished. Im not sure if Im overworking or if I should even have done this at all. Chris said dont F*** with his routine but I just had to get in to the gym today.

Other notes - Im up to 66kg today, the heaviest Ive ever been. And Id appreciate it if all you 250 lb mother****ers would keep your mouths shut and not laugh ;)

Friday is day 3 of the routine - Deadlifts and Leg Press. Since our gym doesnt have a leg press machine, can anyone recommend a substitute? Thanks.

offhegoes03
05-11-2006, 08:02 AM
hey man, good work so far. You might have done a little bit too much direct bicep work, but try things out and see what works for you. I'd keep the pullups and maybe one or two of the other bicep exercises. good luck with gaining the weight so far. It can be tough for us smaller guys, but just try to fit in calories here and there and they'll add up.

McIrish
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
alec - greatt to see you hitting the weights out in china. i spend a considerable amoutn of time out there too and it's refreshing to see another person interested in bodybuilding/weightlifting out there. haha. im moving to Nanjing this august for 8 mos, so i'll check in on this journal so we can both gripe about how much of a pain in the ass it is to eat healthy out there unless you rent some lady from one of the provinces and explicitly tell her 'make me PLAIN CHICKEN every night' otherwise everythign i get is oily beyond recognition! zhongguo, hollllllllerr

ottomanart
05-11-2006, 10:07 PM
alec - greatt to see you hitting the weights out in china. i spend a considerable amoutn of time out there too and it's refreshing to see another person interested in bodybuilding/weightlifting out there. haha. im moving to Nanjing this august for 8 mos... zhongguo, hollllllllerr

I do believe this is the 3rd of 4th laowai I have seen in here... China is being taken over by WWB Weight lifters!!! HELL:thumbup: YEAH!!!

AlecB
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
im moving to Nanjing this august for 8 mos, so i'll check in on this journal so we can both gripe about how much of a pain in the ass it is to eat healthy out there unless you rent some lady from one of the provinces and explicitly tell her 'make me PLAIN CHICKEN every night' otherwise everythign i get is oily beyond recognition! zhongguo, hollllllllerr

good to hear it man, its a great country. What will you be doing out here? Teaching English?

Youre right about the food. Im in Guizhou so its all really really spicy. Everything is DRENCHED in oil, but I guess thats good for my skinny ass. Helps up the calories. I sure am looking forward to sandwiches and burgers again. Oh god, and my aunt Lindas pot roast :drooling: A little slice of heaven with carrots and onions and potatos...

Nanjing is gonna be hot as hell in August so get ready.

AlecB
05-12-2006, 05:13 AM
Today is day 3 of the split. Chris reccomends doing:

Deadlifts - 10/6/3/3*
Leg Press 10/8/10*/10*/10*

Our gym doesnt have a leg press machine so I ended up doing this:

Deadlifts
10 @ 32kg
6 @ 41kg
3 @ 64kg
3 @ 73kg (*)

Hack Squats
5 @ 41kg
8 @ 32kg

DB Lunges (each leg 1 time = 1 rep) (weight = 1 DB)
10 @ 12kg
8 @ 12kg
10 @ 15kg

Calf Raises
20 @ 32kg
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 41kg

The last set of deadlifts was f'ed up cause my spotter didnt know what he was supposed to do. He was a trainer (a chinese guy with a mullet...I kid you not) and I told him "help me if I cant get all the way up." He took that to mean "help me lift this" so every rep he kept trying to help me up and I kept telling him to **** off. I repeated "Dude...just help me if I cant lift it." He still kept trying to help me up. :swear: The great communication gap.

On the calf raises I was holding a 9kg BB and doing flat-footed raises. 1...2...3... Two guys come over and stand RIGHT NEXT to me (this is very common in China) and start commenting on my form. 7...8...9... One of em starts grabbing my arm and commenting on the definition in my tri's. I almost dropped the BB and punched him in the face but I just kept going. 11...12...13... The other guy says "Hey" in Chinese. 14... "Hey, friend" 15... "How old are you?" 16... "Hold are you?" I ignore him, keep going. 17...18... "HEY FOREIGNER IM TALKING TO YOU" 19... The other guy says "He doesnt understand you man." 20 I drop the bar look at him and say "I understand every word you say. Im hear to lift weights not chit chat. This is a gym not a kindergarten. Shut the **** up and let me work out." (Its times like these I wish my vocabulary was better so I could really let em have it) The first guy goes :omg: the second guy goes :hide: and I just walk out.

Except for the two a$$clowns it was a good workout. We'll see how bad my legs are tomorrow.

ottomanart
05-12-2006, 05:41 AM
HAHAHA what a day for me not to go to the gym with you:( I really wish I was there for that buddy... sorry!

NEXT TIME!!! I PROMISE!!

AlecB
05-12-2006, 05:50 AM
there would be one less living person in the world and we'd be giving our statements to the cops.

Mullet boy was all over the place today man. I asked Wu Xiaojun to spot me for the last set of deadlifts cause 1) my legs are weak 2) the belt is too big for me and 3) I cant lift ****. He gave the new guy to me instead. He said "this guy is my coworker. Let him help you." :swear: Im glad I only have three more weeks of this ...

McIrish
05-12-2006, 05:26 PM
heh, want to know a whole list of swears to curse out people who mess with your workouts? I'm your guy, haha... every time I would be benching or something, a huge crowd of guys would come and ogle me and loudly comment "Wow, look at the foreign devil. He's really red when he lifts," etc. etc. Sometimes pretending to not speak Chinese is more fun, though ;)

Yeah, Nanjing in the fall should be a kick in the nuts. I'm drinking water already to prepare. I'll be an exchange student at Nan Da for the fall semester.

Hah, have you noticed how ludicrously easy it is to pick up girls in gyms in China? At least at all the Qingdao gyms I went to previously, all the receptionists out front would be cute girls and if you drop 2-3 words Chinese you're in golden. Mind you, I wasn't actually interested in picking up girls (have a g/f back home) but DAMN, if I were...

AlecB
05-13-2006, 08:38 AM
I dont know what I did but my ass is aching like it just went through an all-night paddling. By an angry 800 pound sumo wrestler. With a canoe oar.

All I did was a few deadlifts, hack squats, and lunges. My hams quads and calves are all fine but my glutes are feeling it. Whats goin on here?

Im gonna drink protein shakes til I cant feel no more pain :alcoholic

ottomanart
05-13-2006, 09:21 AM
heh, want to know a whole list of swears to curse out people who mess with your workouts? I'm your guy, haha... every time I would be benching or something, a huge crowd of guys would come and ogle me and loudly comment "Wow, look at the foreign devil. He's really red when he lifts," etc. etc. Sometimes pretending to not speak Chinese is more fun, though ;) ...

Send me a PM with everything you got... I want to compare note!!! If I have anything you don't I will pass it on!!!!

Hah, have you noticed how ludicrously easy it is to pick up girls in gyms in China? At least at all the Qingdao gyms I went to previously, all the receptionists out front would be cute girls and if you drop 2-3 words Chinese you're in golden. Mind you, I wasn't actually interested in picking up girls (have a g/f back home) but DAMN, if I were...

I know what you mean... I have been trying to get with the "belly dancing" instructor for the last few weeks... no joy yet but.... MMMMMMMM it hurts so good!!!

AlecB
05-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Here is what I ate Saturday. I dont use fitday, Im just gonna to measure my progress this way - if I gain weight, good, if I dont, eat more.

Meal 1:
2 eggs, hardboiled
2 cups pumpkin, boiled with sugar
1 cup black coffee

Meal 2:
2 cups white rice, steamed
1 1/2 cups veggies, stir-fried in oil
4 oz meat, stir-fried in oil
1 can of coke

Meal 3:
1 egg, hardboiled
1 Snickers bar

Meal 4:
1 cup of rice, steamed
3/4 cup veggies, stir-fried in oil
2 oz meat pork, stir fried in oil

Meal 5:
protein shake (ice cream, protein, weight gainer - approx 500 cal)

Meal 6:
1 1/2 cup of rice, steamed
3/4 cup veggies, stir-fried in oil
2 oz meat pork, stir fried in oil
22 oz beer

Im guessing this is around 3000 to 3500 calories. Its more than I usually eat but Ill try to keep this up and really pack on the weight.

edit - me no spell so gud

offhegoes03
05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
good luck with the new diet.. I used to religiously track on fitday, but I've been lazy lately and just try to eat as much as possible. More cals is the way to pack on the lbs, so just try to eat as much as possible and stick to it.

AlecB
05-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Made some gains today on stiff leg DL's and squats but thats because my first week's lifts were pathetic. I didnt have a spotter or much time so I kept it short today.

Last weeks weights in ( )'s

SDL's
8 @ 18kg
8 @ 22.5kg
6 @ 27kg
6 @ 31.5kg
15 @ 36kg (22.5kg)

Squats
10 @ 27kg
8 @ 36.5kg
6 @ 50kg
8 @ 64kg
8 @ 68.5kg (63kg)

Calf Raises (used Smith machine today)
20 @ BW
20 @ 50kg
20 @ 50kg
20 @ 50kg (41kg)

There was a dance class full of dudes at the gym today all in business clothes. Dont ask cause I have no idea. The usual staring began until I asked them "is there a problem here?" They left. Sweet. I had the gym all to myself. I put my workout CD in the stereo (Metallica/RATM) cranked that **** up and I was bustin ass in no time. Right when the time to max came around, our 4 eyed dress-shoe wearing friends came back. I HATE people staring at me when I lift but it also kinda focused my anger so I guess it evened out.

Im back down to 65.5kg which is wierd cause Ive been eating like theres no tomorrow.

AlecB
05-17-2006, 05:35 AM
got in to the gym late today so it was CROWDED and the workout took twice as long as it should have. I didnt eat much today because of travel so I was surprised to see my weight was up - 66.5 kg. Woohoo! That means Ive put on a kilo and a half (3 pounds) in just 9 days. Ive also be really dehydrated the last few days so I know its not water weight. At this rate Ill gain almost 10 pounds in a month. Im sure I could gain more if I ate more but I just ran out of weight gainer and protein so we'll see what happens (speaking of which, Nathan if you're reading this can you pick some up in GY? Thanks man). Overall it was a good day at the gym. Unfortunately the dance floor next to the workout area was occupied by a dozen smoking-hot Chinese girls belly dancing so needless to say it was a little hard to concentrate on my lifts.

Standing Military Press - I screwed up and did 10 reps for the first 2 sets instead of 8.
10 @ 18kg
10 @ 27kg
6 @ 31.5k
6 @ 36kg
4 @ 41kg
4 @ 55kg

My max was the same as last week but it went up easier and I didnt need a spotter. Definitely felt more controlled this week than last week on SMP.

Weighted Dips
10 @ BW + 11.5kg
10 @ BW + 16kg
10 @ BW + 21kg

Last weeks dips were too easy so I added 5 kg to each lift. Struggled on the last set but I got them all unassisted. I feel really strong doing these, more so than any other lift.

Weighted Chins
10 @ BW + 2.25kg
8 @ BW + 4.5kg
8 @ BW + 4.5kg

Had to cheat on the last rep of the last set and hop up. Overall it was a good workout and I noticed the belt was a little tighter today. :nod: Hahaha I guess only us WBB dudes like it when we have to loosen our belts a bit to make room.

ericg
05-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Nice journal man, hate converting the damn kg to lbs though ;)

Why are all the people staring at you? You have one eye or something?

AlecB
05-17-2006, 08:08 AM
lol I know what you mean about the kilos. Ive been here for two years and I still have to do the math in my head. The big ones - I weigh 146, bench 220 (x1), DL 80 (x15 havent found 1 rep max), squat 150 (x8, no 1 rep max). Todays maxes were standing military 4 @ 121, weighted dips 10 @ bw + 45, weighted chins 10 @ bw + 11.

As for the stares, remember this - Im living in China, I got blue eyes, a giant tat on my back, and the biggest nose ANY OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE EVER SEEN. When people look at it they get a dazed expression, like they just saw a bloody car wreck or something :cool:

AlecB
05-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Dinner - smoked meat stir-fried with bamboo and leeks, white rice, 22 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon (hell yeah they got PBR over here :alcoholic ).

Dessert - can of tuna & 2 hardboiled eggs

ericg
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Haha, nice pic bro. Where was that photo taken?

AlecB
05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
thats the Tiger Leaping Gorge, the worlds deepest river canyon - 9000 feet from peak to river. Great place to hike if you ever come to China. Me my brother and wife went last August and took a few days to carve out that rock. Im sure its still there :clown:

ericg
05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice. Its funny that one of the mountain faces matches your profile.

Eszekial
05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Lol. That picture cracked me up.

Looked like a beautiful place though.

Keep it up!

AlecB
05-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Ive decided to put Chris's split on hold until I get back to the States in two weeks. Although Ive only done his routine for 2 weeks I can see how its gonna build mass quickly. Im gonna keep a few of the exercises (SMP, weighted dips and chins, SDLs) and when Im all resettled in Virginia with lots of free time and fried food Ill jump back in. Ill go back to my old split for the next week and then take a week or two off as I travel and get my wife and myself readjusted.

I hit the weighted dips hard yesterday and my back and chest are feeling it so I did Arms/Shoulders today. I didnt sleep more than 4 hours last night ... (dont know why just couldnt fall asleep) so I was pretty tired for my workout. Also the modern interprative dance class was back so between the lack of sleep and the dozen or so chinese men doing erotic dance moves it was hard to focus.

DB Curls
10 @ 8kg
10 @ 12kg
10 @ 12kg
7 @ 15kg

Incline DB Curl
10 @ 10kg
10 @ 10kg

Hammer DB Curl
10 @ 10kg
10 @ 10kg

Arnies
5 @ 5kg
5 @ 5kg
5 @ 8kg
5 @ 8kg
5 @ 10kg

Lateral DB Raise
10 @ 5kg
10 @ 5kg

Front DB Raise
10 @ 5kg
10 @ 5kg

Weight - 66.5 kg (67 after I drank all my gym juice ;) )

Im gonna eat some eggs & tuna and take a nap. Hope everyone is having a good day.

offhegoes03
05-18-2006, 04:24 PM
nice workout man.. I can't imagine having people stare at me all the time while I worked out. What do you think it'll be like once you move back to the states? Is it going to be a tough adjustment?

ericg
05-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice curl jockey session ;)

AlecB
05-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Chris - Yeah its gonna be tough but worth it. Virginia in the summer is heaven. Fishing, swimming, drinking lemonade on the front porch. I cant wait.

Eric - Glad you like it man ;)

Today was legs but I had to keep it quick cause Elf and me had a ton of **** to do. Set a new PR on Deads so that was cool. Drew blood on my shins also, so I guess that makes me an official lifter now, right? Dont I get some kind of award or something lol

weight - 66.5kg (146.9 lbs)

Deads
10 @ 32kg
6 @ 41kg
6 @ 64kg
3 @ 73kg
3 @ 84kg (184.8 lbs) (not too hard so Ill add another 9kg next week)

DB Lunges
10 @ 12kg
10 @ 12kg
10 @ 15kg

Definitely got a good workout on these but Im not sure about my form. I want to focus on my hams so Im not sure whether I should lunge long or short.

Calf Raises
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 41kg
20 @ 50kg

Ab "Bows" - not sure of the name, but I knelt with the cable behind my head and knelt down to the floor.
10 @ #5 plate
10 @ #5 plate
10 @ #6 plate
10 @ #6 plate

Time for dinner. Hot pot is the BOMB - a big cauldron over an open flame, full of soup and meat and potatos. Mmmmmm....

Coke
05-19-2006, 06:38 AM
That would be one helluva culture shock for me to be living in China, I know it ain't nothing like Virginia, lol - wish you the best while over there. You have the best reason to be there though, teaching english and all.

The workouts are looking good Alec, keep on'em.

Eszekial
05-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Damn! As of now i've only gotten some minor bruises on my shins!

I'll swing the bar and smash my shins to catch up.

AlecB
05-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Cocoa - Thanks for the support. Its gonna feel good to be back home ... in exactly 12 days and 12 hours I will be landing at JFK airport. Oh yeeeaahhh ... Thanks for stopping in and sayin hi.

Eszekial - I want blood on those shins and the pics to prove it!

McIrish
05-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Mmm...bellydancing Chinese girls. Ahh, brings me back...comin home in two weeks? Get some brokeass North Face and buy some fake DVD's this week!!

AlecB
05-21-2006, 06:39 AM
I got a big white puffy Nautica jacket and a binder full of dvd's. The customs officer is gonna LOVE my ass. "Hey boy...you got reciepts for those?" :whip:

AlecB
05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
66.0 kg / 145.2 lbs (lost half a kilo over the weekend ... damn kids makin me run around the classroom :swear:)

BP
10 @ 40kg
10 @ 50kg
8 @ 60kg
6 @ 70kg
3 @ 85kg
1 @ 95kg (209lbs)
1 @ 105kg (231lbs) (Failed)

I got up to 100 kg and did one rep, matchin my PR. Then my roommate pointed out that I added wrong and I only did 95kg. ****! I added 10kg to try and set a new PR but it didnt go up. Close tho.

Incline BP- Smith Machine
8 @ 40kg
8 @ 50kg
5 @ 60kg
1 @ 70kg (154 lbs) (PR)

I think I could have gotten more reps on that 70kg but the Smith machine was all f'ed up. No lube on the tracks. Damn lazy gym staff...

BB Row
10 @ 20kg
10 @ 30kg
10 @ 40kg
10 @ 50kg
10 @ 60kg

Single DB Row
10 @ 8kg
10 @ 10kg
10 @ 12kg

DB Flys
8 @ 8kg
8 @ 10kg
8 @ 12kg

Good Mornings
10 @ 18kg
10 @ 32kg

Overall not a great workout. Felt stong on bench but my back didnt feel used up at all by the time I left. Gotta hit it harder next time.

ericg
05-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Nice sessions bro. The kids put gum chalk in your erasers again?

offhegoes03
05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
sweet work man.. don't worry, the weight will go up. as CoCoa once taught me, your weight won't change a whole lot over a short amount of time. It's probably just water weight. I've always noticed that my weight is lighter on the weekends and heavier during the middle of the week, so go figure.

Eszekial
05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Do people call you Godizlla and run in fear of you? I can't imagine that not being fun....

AlecB
05-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Do people call you Godizlla and run in fear of you? I can't imagine that not being fun....

LOL something like that. People stare, shout, spit, curse, you name it. One time I went to a bus station to buy a ticket. The ticket seller lady was behind a glass wall, reading a magazine. "One ticket to Guiyang please" I said in Chinese. The woman said "OK" and looked up AND SCREAMED! I mean a blood curdling, please-dont-kill-me kinda scream. I guess she was expecting someone a little more...Chinese? lol she realized how stupid she was and just kinda laughed it off but there ya go.

Thursday, 5/25

ATF Squats
10 @ 25kg
8 @ 40kg
6 @ 50kg
8 @ 60kg
8 @ 70kg (PR - 68.5kg last week)

I dont feel strong doing these. I can do more weight if I dont go ass to floor but Ive heard going all the way down is the best way to build mass. Is that true?

SL Deads
8 @ 20kg
8 @ 30kg
6 @ 35kg
6 @ 40kg
15 @ 50kg (PR - last week was 36kg)
10 @ 55kg (PR)

I struggled through the first 4 sets before I realized my form was all f'ed up. I tweaked it someohow and put the weight more on my hams and less on my lower back. MUCH easier and better for the legs. I added another set because I funked up the first 4 sets.

Calf Raises
20 @ 40kg
20 @ 40kg
20 @ 45kg
20 @ 50kg
20 @ 50kg

Weight - back at 66.5 kg. Cant keep it at 67 but thats because I havent been eating enough.

This time next week Ill be back in VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah baby! Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, iced tea, cherry pie :drooling: Ill be 70kg in no time. And the best part? All the weights will be in good ol' american pounds! No more of this crazy kilogram nonsense....

Eszekial
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome home bro!

AlecB
05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
wont be posting for a while ... on the road from Beijing to NYC, DC, and finally home. Have fun lifting guys.

ericg
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Wow, take care man. Have fun.

McIrish
05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
welcome back to a country where they don't have "la duzi" ohhh, duzi, you'll be sorely missed.

AlecB
06-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Finally made it back home with my wife, 2 cats, a bass, and 9,082,417 pounds of luggage. Just so you know, carrying everything you own in two giant bags through the New York metro is great conditioning! Here are the highlights of the trip-

Flight from Beijing to NYC, 13 hours nonstop. Went OK....slept the frist 5 hours, had a couple beers and listened to some tunes, read "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn (read it if you havent, great book). I was there in no time.

Got to NYC but all flights to DC were cancelled cause of the rain. Took the metro to get on a train but they wouldnt let us board b/c of the cats. Took metro to the next station to get a bus ticket but they wouldnt let us ride b/c of the cats. :swear: Amtrak and Grayhound are on my "to kill" list. Finally my brother found me a Delta flight from NYC to DC and now Im back home.

First American food - pastrami and corned beef on wheat with swiss and mayo :drooling:

First work - took down rotted wood off the split rail fence and put up new ones. Gotta dig holes and replace some posts this week.

First workout - havent gotten one yet but I saw the gym and I like it. Its in the middle of a white collar part of town so only yuppies go in on their lunch break to run off the 3,000 calorie business lunch they just ate. Free weights are in the basement. Its got everything I need plus a full stereo system and nobody else uses it. The best part? Membership for me and my wife is $10 a month. MUHAHAHAHA! Im going in tomorrow to weigh in and do a light workout.

Its good to be home... :hump:

AlecB
06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Irish - lol the funny thing is I got Mao's Revenge two weeks before I left China. I had it ONCE for the two years I lived there and then I go and get it right before I have to take a 13 hour plane ride. Doh.

Stewardess "Sir...the fasten seatbelt sign is on. Please sit down."

Me (unbuckling pants, running down the aisle) "**** THAT!"

Eszekial
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Irish - lol the funny thing is I got Mao's Revenge two weeks before I left China. I had it ONCE for the two years I lived there and then I go and get it right before I have to take a 13 hour plane ride. Doh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

McIrish
06-06-2006, 09:58 AM

HAHA that's awesome. And yet you still managed to take a pastrami sandwich to the dome - I'm impressed :)

I've had similar experiences while taking tests in China... the teacher says something like "blabblah please don't leave your seats" and I'm thinking "hmm, unless you want a pool of crap on your floor, you'll understand this time..."

YEAH CHINA.

AlecB
06-10-2006, 01:44 PM
lifted twice this week but I was rushed both times so I didnt get a good workout. Tuesday was chest/back (horizontal) and today was a dogs breakfast of legs/arms/back (vertical). I didnt record Tuesdays workout but it was basically flat and incline bench, pull ups, barbell rows and db rows. Todays numbers -

Weight - 145lbs

ATF Squats
10 @ 65
10 @ 85
8 @ 115
6 @ 135
4 @ 165
2 @ 195 (could've done more but no spotter)

SL Deadlift
10 @ 95
8 @ 115
6 @ 135
4 @ 155

Chins - this one is palm's facing in, right?
10 @ BW
10 @ BW + 10
10 @ BW + 25

Dips
10 @ BW + 10
10 @ BW + 25

Had to stop early because of hunger. I worked out at 2:30pm and Id only had a big bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and some milk because I had a big test in the afternoon and I went straight from there to the gym. By the end of the workout I was real shaky so I quit early. No point dropping a 45 on my feet and missing the next month due to broken toes.

Overall Im pleased with my progress since beginning and now that Im back in the USA with good, fattening food I should put on weight quickly.

How are you guys coming along?

p.s. my new gym membership costs $5 a month :hump:

offhegoes03
06-10-2006, 04:26 PM
welcome back to the states.. you're in VA, right? I'm living down here in Williamsburg this summer and I just started getting back into things after being gone for 2 weeks. hah you got me beat on the gym membership.. mine's 70 bucks for 3 months, so not too awful. Great workout, keep up the good work.

AlecB
06-14-2006, 12:53 PM
OHG03 - thanks man. Yeah Im in Virginia. Its good to be back.

Weight - 147.5 lbs

Flat Bench
10 @ 95
10 @ 115
10 @ 135
7 @ 165
3 @ 185
2 @ 205
1 @ 215

BB Row (bar weighs...?)
10 @ 25 (+ bar)
10 @ 45
10 @ 70
10 @ 80

Incline DB Press
10 @ 25
8 @ 30
6 @ 40
6 @ 50
0 @ 60 (damn those are heavy)

DB Flys
10 @ 15
10 @ 20
10 @ 25

Single DB Row
10 @ 15
10 @ 25
10 @ 35

Forearm Curl -> Skis
20 @ 25 -> 40 @ 25
20 @ 25 -> 20 @ 25

Overall a decent workout. Im glad to see my weight gains even though I havent been really trying to eat more, or supplement w/ weight gainer. Then again the 7-11 next to my house has 2 hotdogs for $2. Awwww yeaaaahhhhh. Ive had about half a dozen chili cheese dogs in the last week. With saurkraut. And onions. MMM MMM MMM.

Eszekial
06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
He Lives!!!!

offhegoes03
06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
nice workout man.. that's some strong pressing for your size. I got 210 for 2 reps a little while ago at 155, so 215 at 147.5 isn't bad at all. Are the DB rows like this: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/DBBentOverRow.html ? You might want to hit back a little harder since it seems a little out of sync with your strong bench pressing.

ottomanart
06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Had to stop early because of hunger. I worked out at 2:30pm and Id only had a big bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and some milk because I had a big test in the afternoon and I went straight from there to the gym.

"THAT JUST DON'T MAKE NO SENCE"
Now what did I tell you 'bout eating boy?!?!?!?! Carry food with you at all times!!! :bang: Now that you're back home there ain't no reason... none... not to be eating like a hoss!!! When I get back I wanna to see those "hay bale curls" you have been talking about!!!
As for me, I am hitting up KFC or Dicos almost everyday as one of my 4 meals. :thumbup: And I emptied the market of all the frozen chicken breasts again!!!! Though with out you here, I don't think I can eat it all in one sitting.
Looking forward to working out with you again in a few months... hopefully we'll both be a lot bigger!

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!!!!:moon:

ottomanart
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
...Then again the 7-11 next to my house has 2 hotdogs for $2. Awwww yeaaaahhhhh. Ive had about half a dozen chili cheese dogs in the last week. With saurkraut. And onions. MMM MMM MMM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats what I like to hear!!!.... you animal!:hump:

That 215 bench? that a PR? If not it's close... I am still holding you to our wager... 1/2 ton!!!! GET IT UP!

AlecB
06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Well the chili dogs are paying off! I hit 150 pounds today for the first time in my life. WOoHoO! I was 147.5 a week ago so thats good progress in my book. Ive been eating more and adding calories wherever I can. Im eating 4 meals a day and I got 2 pints of Ben & Jerrys in the fridge. Yesterday I had a sandwich, and instead of my usual PB&J I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with bacon, cheddar cheese and a fried egg. And LOTS of mayo. Im also getting a ~700 cal shake every other night before bed. Unfortunately the blender broke last night. Im kinda pissed cause I need it now more than ever but I guess I shouldnt be mad ... 15 years of good use aint too bad!

Did legs last week but my workout sheet is MIA so Im gonna try and do it from memory...

6/16 - 149 lbs

ATF Squats
10 * 95
10 * 115
10 * 135
8 * 155
6 * 185
4 * 195
2 * 205
2 * 215 (PR?)

Deads
10 * 135
8 * 155
6 * 165
4 * 185
2 * 195
1 * 205 (PR)

Calf Raises
10 * 70
10 * 120
15 * 120
20 * 120
15 * 120

Today was arms, shoulders, and back (vertical plane)

6/19 - 150 lbs

Weighted Chin Ups
10 * BW
10 * BW + 10
10 * BW + 25

Weighted Dips
10 * BW + 10
10 * BW + 25
10 * BW + 35

Standing Military Press
10 * 65
8 * 85
6 * 95
4 * 105

Arnies
10 * 15
8 * 20
8 * 25

Incline Hammer DB Curls
10 * 20
8 * 25
10 * 25

Lat Pulldown
10 * 60
8 * 80
6 * 100
6 * 120

Decent workout. Im lovin the weighted chinups. They wreck my biceps faster than any curls and they get the lats to boot. Im not sure if I should have even worked out today though. My right hand is numb from the ring finger over. The pinky is barely workin (typing this post is taking forever) and my forearm feels numb too. Im not sure whats causing this but if its still around in a few days Im going to the doctor. Until then ... MORE CHILI DOGS!

offhegoes03
06-20-2006, 01:35 PM
nice workouts man, I love weighted pullups too. Congrats on the PRs.

AlecB
06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Im busier than a one legged man in an asskicking contest so Im sorry I havent been posting in yall's journals. In the last few days Ive had 3 job interviews, mowed and trimmed 2 yards, setup my aquarium, visited family and friends, gone to church, cleaned the house, built a scratching post for the cats, worked in the garden, cooked meals, bought and planted a ton of perennials (lillies, coriopsis, butterfly bushes, black eyed susans), signed up my wife for social security and gone to the gym. Whew. Just writing that out makes me tired!

Good legs day yesterday, probably my best ever. There was only one other person in the room (a 6'2" 250 black guy) who spotted me and man he was freakin awesome! "Git that **** up there boy! This is light weight! Explode mother****er EXPLODE UP on that ****!" He brought some major intensity and it translated into a better workout. I hope I run into him again.

6/20 - Legs - I tried a couple 5x5's and Im pleased with the way it came out. Good pump and good DOMS the next day. I know that doesnt mean **** but it makes me feel good about the quality of my workout.

weight - 150lbs

SL Deadlift
10 @ 65
10 @ 75
8 @ 95
6 @ 115
4 @ 135
3 @ 155

ATF Squat
5 @ 135
5 @ 155
5 @ 165
5 @ 185
5 @ 205

Deadlift
5 @ 135
5 @ 135 (forgot to add weight. Doh)
5 @ 145
5 @ 155
5 @ 175

Calf Raises
10 @ 135
10 @ 135
15 @ 160
15 @ 160
20 @ 160

My legs are still skinny as all hell but theyre definitely getting bigger. Ill get some pictures up when I get free time. Hope yall are lifting hard and bustin out the big gains!

McIrish
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Damn, awesome squatting, especially for being 150 lbs... JIA YOUUUUU.

Eszekial
06-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Nice work bro! Keep it up!

Coke
06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Gaining some mass gradually is a good deal Alec, I'll take slow gains over no gains at all anytime...ace session.

ottomanart
06-23-2006, 09:14 AM
150!!!! HELL yeah muffin!!! glad to see that American food is doing what you wanted it too.
GREAT LIFTS TOO! Good luck meeting up with that guy at the gym again... sounds like a good guy to work out with!!!

AlecB
06-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Nathan - Chris - Irish - Zeke - Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I really appreciate the support.

Coke - Ive never take BF measurements but just from looking at myself in the mirror I think Ive consistently put on LBM with very little fat. Im gonna try to keep this level of gaining for as long as I workout. Slow and steady...

Had a good one today, bench press always makes me feel like a beast. Unfortunately that good spotter wasnt here today, actually I got his complete opposite: instead of a 30-something 6-foot black guy with major intensity I got a 50-something 5 foot white guy (he looked like a lawyer) who was freaked out by my grunts and screams. Oh well, still got my PR :hump:

Friday, June 23rd - Chest/Back (horizontal)

Weight - 150lbs

Flat Bench
10 @ 45
10 @ 95
8 @ 135
6 @ 155
3 @ 185
1 @ 205
1 @ 225
1 @ 235 (PR) - look out Nathan, Im gonna beat your ASS son!

BB Row
10 @ 45
10 @ 70
8 @ 80
8 @ 90
6 @ 115
4 @ 135 (PR) - need to get more strength in this area

Incline DB Bench
5 @ 25
5 @ 35
5 @ 45
5 @ 50
5 @ 55

Single DB Row
10 @ 20
10 @ 25
10 @ 30

Flys
10 @ 15
10 @ 20

Got too hungry to finish up. Didnt eat enough today (bowl of cereal for breakfast, soup for lunch. DEFINITELY not enough) but I had 2 post-workout chili dogs so Im catching back up to my calorie target.

offhegoes03
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
damn man, you've got some great bench strength. keep up the eating

AlecB
06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Chris - Thanks bro! My roommate is gonna be pissed when I pass his bench since he is 40 pounds heavier than me (lol Nathan, you better hit that **** HARD!)

Updated pictures taken today. All poses are flexed. Old pictures (May 9th) are here - http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78943. Ive gained 7 pounds in a month and 10 days. Kinda slow but its clean, LBM growth.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/front1.jpg
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/front2.jpg
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/front3.jpg
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/back1.jpg
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/legs1.jpg
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mbauserm/june_23_2006/legs2.jpg

ottomanart
06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Chris - Thanks bro! My roommate is gonna be pissed when I pass his bench since he is 40 pounds heavier than me (lol Nathan, you better hit that **** HARD!):thumbup:

Bring it on tiny!!!! I am all over you!!!! Remember to get those legs to... 1/2 ton... right?:)
You may also want to check my journal... broke my Bench Press record the other day.... slow going but it's getting bigger!!!

Nice pictures though!!! Your extra pounds are showing.... the ribs are dissapearing fast buddy!!! Keep it up!... still need to work on those legs (Steel Chopsticks indeed).

Coke
06-25-2006, 08:40 AM
The lean gains show very well…pr's are always nice man, doing great on the bench press and bb rows.

Eszekial
06-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Looking swole in those pics, cat!

Keep up the great work! Seem to be staying rather lean!

AlecB
06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Coke - Zeke

Thanks fellas

AlecB
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
This is one of those workouts you wish you had EVERY time. I felt strong, full of energy and ready to smash some weights.

June 27th - Arms/Shoulders/Back (vertical plane)

Weight - 149.5 lbs

Weighted Pullups -> Weighted Chinups (superset - basically I repped out pullups, got dow & switched grips then did chins)

10 @ BW -> 10 @ BW
10 @ +10 -> 10 @ +10
7 @ +25 -> 1 @ +25
10 @ BW -> None

Standing Military Press
10 @ 45
8 @ 75
6 @ 95
4 @ 115
3 @ 125 (PR - last week did 4 @ 105)

Arnies
10 @ 15
10 @ 20
10 @ 25
10 @ 30 (PR)
10 @ 25

Incline DB Curl
5 @ 20
5 @ 20
5 @ 25
5 @ 30
5 @ 30

Lat Pulls
5 @ 90
5 @ 100
5 @ 110
5 @ 120
10 @ 130

Weighted Dips
10 @ +10
10 @ +25
10 @ +45

Swollen like a mofo after this one. My new goal - standing military press my body weight. :strong: Aw yeeaahhh....

Coke
06-28-2006, 05:33 AM
This was no doubt a good session bro, with a couple of pr's to boot.

McIrish
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
DAMNNNN nice benching, I would kill to rep up 235 once. I'm stuck at 190! :cry:

Awesome work on the pull-ups and chin-ups, too, btw. May your next workout be one of the same! :thumbup:

offhegoes03
06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
sweet job on the PR's.. keep up the good work man

Eszekial
06-28-2006, 02:19 PM
That standing bodyweight military press sounds ideal! I'm going to see about getting that done too!

edit: Just gandered at the pics again. Your abdominals are FREAKING HUGE! almost twice as wide as mine. Gunna be sick after you cut.

AlecB
06-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Zeke - Chris - Coke - Irish - Nathan - Thanks for the props fellas. Coming from you ogres it means a lot. :bow:

Felt kinda out of it going to the gym today (fight with the wife...stoopid alec) so I wasnt expecting much.

Friday, June 30th - LEGS

Weight - 151.5 lbs

Good Mornings (to get the hams warmed up)
10 @ 45
8 @ 55
6 @ 75
4 @ 95

ATF Squat
5 @ 145
5 @ 155
5 @ 165
5 @ 195
5 @ 215

Deadlift
5 @ 135
5 @ 145
5 @ 155
5 @ 165
5 @ 180

Calf Raise
10 @ 135 x 2
15 @ 135 x 2
15 @ 160
20 @ 160

Calf Press (on the leg press machine)
10 @ 200
25 @ 200 (1 for every year of my lazy life ... )

All in all it was a tough workout. I felt something pop in my head on the last rep of the last set of ATF squats, kinda like a blood vessel went. :shrug: I got blue stars and was dizzy for a bit but it went away. The rep itself was U.G.L.Y. and I kinda tilted and leaned every which way, damn near fell over. I think Im gonna go back to my pyramid and drop the 5x5 for now. It may be too much. Calves were swollen after today.

-Alec

p.s. The weighted pullups -> weighted chins absolutely wrecked my back. I know they say DOMS is no sign of muscle growth but man my **** is hurtin three days later. I will definitely be doin them again.

offhegoes03
06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
strong workout man.. hah sort out things with the Mrs. and start hitting those weights even harder.

AlecB
06-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Chris - lol yeah man, one piece of advice: never get between a woman and her chocolate. Thats all Im sayin...

ottomanart
07-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Chris - lol yeah man, one piece of advice: never get between a woman and her chocolate. Thats all Im sayin...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:thumbup:
You didn't lose a finger or anything did you!!!!

Natetaco
07-02-2006, 10:02 AM
dude your making some fast progress here. Esp. on the bench man.. 235 nice dude. I wish i could get out of my bench plateau at 225. My lower body keeps growing and upper is like no. nice job on chins also. later dude

McIrish
07-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Haha, sorry to hear about the missus... good thing you patched it over sooner rather than later, otherwise you might be using those hard-earned gym gains to fight off a raving she-banshee!

ottomanart
07-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Haha, sorry to hear about the missus... good thing you patched it over sooner rather than later, otherwise you might be using those hard-earned gym gains to fight off a raving she-banshee!

:D HAHAHAHA it is a really good thing the miss' doesn't read the work out forum... Irish... she'd be after you with the red army behind her!! HAHAHAHAH and I would be laughing my @$$ off. I don't think there has ever been a girl that small and nice that scared me so much... I never want to be on her bad side!!! :hide: HAHAHAHA

AlecB
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
havent done any lifting this week except for work around the farm. Ive kept pretty busy - the garden, the yard, putting up a new split rail fence, repairing a rock wall. Plenty to do thats for sure. Ill be back in the gym next week so til then ... SEE YA

Eszekial
07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Cool, give the CNS some time to rest!

ottomanart
08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
OK... its been a while for both of us but I was happy with the results of our lil visit to your local gym!!! good to lift with you again "MUFFIN"... hope to do it again soon!

Let me know when you can come down and do some lifting here!!!

AlecB
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Nothing like a 6-month layoff from the gym! I peaked at 152 pounds in August then got my new job (teaching high school earth science) and worked out a grand total of **2** times since then. Yeesh. Now Im weak and skinny again. I got to the gym today and did a light workout on chest and horizontal back. Nothing fancy, just wanted to get back into the swing of things. Im down to 138.5 pounds and my bench has dropped from 235 to 185 so I got a long way to go before I get back to my peak shape. Im also on a medication with the side effect of curbing my appetite so thats another challenge I will have to overcome. Long story short, I took a big fat break from lifting, lost 15 pounds and now Im ready to gain it back. Here is today's workout.

Bench
10 @ bar
10 @ 65
10 @ 95
8 @ 115
6 @ 135
4 @ 155
1 @ 185

Incline DB Bench
10 @ 20's
10 @ 25's
10 @ 30's
10 @ 30's

Rows
10 @ 45
10 @ 70
10 @ 70
10 @ 70

Single DB Row
10 @ 15
10 @ 20
10 @ 25

Standing DB Flys
10 @ 10
10 @ 15
10 @ 20

I forgot how good it feels to lift! Can't wait to get back in there.

Hope all you WBB'ers are still smashing some massive weights. Peace.
-Alec

AlecB
01-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Bleh ... the flu. I had a on-again-off-again fever and didnt eat solid food for the last week. Just soup and shakes (milk, yogurt, fruit & juice). Somehow I didnt lose any weight. God knows how, but I came out even. Woohoo!

Legs

ATF squats
10 @ bar
8 @ 65
6 @ 95
5 @ 135

SLDL
10 @ bar
8 @ 65
6 @ 95
5 @ 135

Goodmornings
10 @ bar x 3

Calf Raises
10 @ 180 x 4

I felt weak as hell but it was good to get in the gym. Hopefully Im past the contagious stage, otherwise I could have the gym all to myself next week when everyone else gets the flu.

offhegoes03
01-26-2007, 01:24 PM
nice job getting back in there and good luck getting better

ottomanart
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Alright boy, where's the love of the gym! I want to see what you are lifting these days! AND you had better be keeping up with me! You may get me on leg press but I am sure gonna smoke you on bench!!!:thumbup: Good to hear you are back on the shakes but I hope you are eating big all around! :spam: I have not blender at the moment but I am doing 3-5 eggs a day to up the protien. Omlets in the morning, hard boiled at night. I am trying to get a hold of a grill... I found a great place to by chicken breast and ExVirgin Olive Oil... been cooking up a store. IF ONLY I COULD GET SOME ONE OVER HERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO ROAST A PIG!!! *hint hint

Thanks for the call the other day... It was great to hear from you and the wife! Look forward to having you back in China again too, even if it's just for the summer!

ottomanart
10-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Are you still using this anymore?
I am using my journal again to keep track of my lifting! Take a look!
I hope to see you on here soon!
I am looking forward to lifting together while you are in China next summer!