PDA

View Full Version : My calorie intake and diet program....Input Appreciated!

en1222
05-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I was wondering how my calories intake and macros look for workout and non workout days. I am trying to cut up. I am 5'11 189 13%bf. I want to avoid LBM loss. I think i am making pretty good progress being that i lost about 10 pounds in the last two months but i want to take it to the next level so i am getting stricter. I want to see my abs again!!!!!!!!

A few facts about my program:
-I do cardio 5x a week 40mins @65% max heart rate in AM.
-Most of my fats are from almonds, olive oil and EFA's.
-My carbs are from oats, Whole wheat pasts and PWO shake
-My protein is from lean meats, eggs and Whey.
-I eat carbs in the morning 1.5 hours after am cardio.
-I eat carbs 1-2 hours before workout and then for PWO nutrition.
-Sometimes i have a shake before my am cardio
-I have 1-2 cheat meals on Sun but always do 55 mins of cardio in am on that day.

Workout days:
cals 2500-2600 fat 57 carbs 220 protein 310

Non Workout days:
cals 2200-2300 fat 100 carbs 85 protein 273

ddegroff
05-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Diet looks great! The foods that your eating looks good too. BUT what I would change is your cardio. I would do HIIT (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1374804#post1374804) twice a week and maybe SS cardio after workouts two more times (~20mins).

These are just suggestions, if you've seen some good progress so far then keep it up. If you've stalled with all that extra activity, then the cals should be dropped a little.

en1222
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
How do my cals look??

Built
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Your cals? What kind of deficit are you running on average? (And I agree on the cardio - way too much SS)

en1222
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Your cals? What kind of deficit are you running on average? (And I agree on the cardio - way too much SS)

What do you mean deficit? The amount i am consuming minus the amount i should be consuming to maintain... I was wondering if the total number of calories i consume for workout and nonworkout days were in the right ballpark..

ddegroff
05-10-2006, 02:29 PM
DIET LOOKS GREAT (meaning your cals look good), you lost 10lbs so your doin something right. Did you stall out and thats why you want to do all that cardio?

en1222
05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
DIET LOOKS GREAT (meaning your cals look good), you lost 10lbs so your doin something right. Did you stall out and thats why you want to do all that cardio?

I thought doing the cardio 5x times a week would help decrease my BF%... What cardio do yo u recommend and when during the day??

ddegroff
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
DIET decreases BF% not cardio. what your looking to do on a cut is create a caloric deficit (eating less than you burn). The more active you are the more calories you burn. Don't get my wrong cardio is good for you and you need some. I just want you to understand that doing more cardio wont make you lose BF, it will just increase caloric needs. I would suggest doing two days of HIIT plus your normal weight lifting. As far as time do it when you can. If your gonna do HIIT and lifting, do lifting first. See how your progress goes for two weeks, if you've lost around a lb then your good to go. If you've gained then your eating to much. Adjust from there.

en1222
05-12-2006, 06:27 AM
DIET decreases BF% not cardio. what your looking to do on a cut is create a caloric deficit (eating less than you burn). The more active you are the more calories you burn. Don't get my wrong cardio is good for you and you need some. I just want you to understand that doing more cardio wont make you lose BF, it will just increase caloric needs. I would suggest doing two days of HIIT plus your normal weight lifting. As far as time do it when you can. If your gonna do HIIT and lifting, do lifting first. See how your progress goes for two weeks, if you've lost around a lb then your good to go. If you've gained then your eating to much. Adjust from there.

ok i will make sure i do HIIT training 2 times a week.... But could i still do SS cardio the 2 more times a week? Cardio burns calories and if i am burning more calores than i eat that is good... so doing the extra cardio couldn't hurt could it?

Also i do cardio in AM in empty stomach except a protein shake before.. Is that ok to do HIIT for 20-25 mins?

ddegroff
05-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah you can do SS cardio two days also. I just don't want you to think its making the fat go away (which you understand:thumbup:). Protein shake before is great.