PDA

View Full Version : Critique my diet please!

ScroogeSF
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi,
I'm a new member, and new to proper nutrition. I've been working out since Nov 05, but with no knowledge of how important nutrition is...

I'm a vegetarian (egg protein from nitrean and opticen only), and at 162 lbs.
My fitday logs are at http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=ScroogeSF
I've been eating pretty much the same thing for the last month. I'm gonna call Nov 05 - April 06 my dark age...working out but not eating right. Thanks to a friend and this forum, I think I'm eating a lot better (more protein)

My general worry is, I was at 155 a month ago, and am at 162 as of yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm noticing I've gotten fatter (bigger love handles...). I haven't done a body fat testing or anything.

I have no goals as far as weight goes...if I can look good without being fat...the actual number doesn't matter.

Thanks for the help!

getfit
05-11-2006, 02:46 AM
diet looks pretty good,i'm vegetarian as well,i wouldn't bother with the cereal bar though.Do you eat eggs?

what's your training split like?

TheGimp
05-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Props on eating that much protein but get some more fats in there: nuts and seeds would be an excellent choice, also olive oil, avocados etc.

I'm also a vegetarian, check out my journal (link in my sig) for my diet details.

ScroogeSF
05-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I've doing the WBB#1 routine for 2 weeks now. Before that, it was chest + triceps, legs + shoulders, back + biceps.

I ate the cereal bar yesterday...cause I was hungry for the first time in a month. It's needless sugar, but I didn't have any other food around me. I'll avoid it from now on. I don't eat eggs...just the stuff from Nitrean and Opticen. I wish I could stomach eating eggs...but I can't.

Thanks the heads up about the fat. I'll add more olive oil in my diet.

getfit
05-11-2006, 03:42 PM
yep, some natural peanut putter, nuts as well ,if you like them

TheGimp
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I wish I could stomach eating eggs...but I can't.

I can't stand them either :)