PDA

View Full Version : how does this look?

beginner18
01-22-2002, 08:15 AM
breakfast: bowl of cerial

2nd meal: boiled beans

3rd meal: piece of chicken & pea's

4th meal: piece of chicken & fruit

kinda tryin to scetch up a low carb diet to loose some weight.. im doin cardio 4 times a week.. for 30 min and weights 3 times a day
5'11 @ 200ish lbs..

kinda thinkin it has to much protein so far? or is thee no such thing as too much?
i cant cut down on carbs too much coz i need my brain workin for uni :mad: hehe

any help would be great!
ohh.. and i need help with a meal b4 i goto bed.. something besides eggs?

beginner18
01-22-2002, 08:17 AM
for a 5th meal maybe something like low fat jello?
i think its got like per 1g protein its got 2g fat and 0 carbs

beginner18
01-22-2002, 08:18 AM
ps. i drink 2 lt of water a day.. (if thats any help)

Pup
01-22-2002, 08:26 AM
I think you meant weight train 3x a week. Cereal and beans have carbs, get rid of em. On the low carb (ketogenic) diet, you need to eat fat and protein, in a 75/25 ratio, you need green veggies, i would make sure your carbs don't go above 20g to start out, no need to knock yourself outta ketosis. The sugar free jello isn't a bad idea, will help with the sugar cravings. You need more water too, 2L is only 1/2 a gallon, up that to 4L a day.

gymtime
01-22-2002, 12:55 PM
At your age, you don't need a keto or adkins diet, so don't sweat the carbs, just keep them limited. Suggestions:

Plain oatmeal is best for the am cereal. You can sweeten it up with an MRP, equal, something like that.

Chicken is good, also get some tuna, turkey, even some lean steak (london broil is best for that IMO). Make that your 5th meal. It's difficult to eat too much protein in a day, so don't worry about that.

A small serving of fruit is ok, but no more than one per day. I'd add it to the oatmeal if I were you.

Good carbs include stuff like brown rice, whole wheat or multi-grain bread (better), oatmeal. Avoid white bread and pasta and simple carbs (sugars).

Keep the dairy (cheese, milk) to a minimum.

Drink 4L of water per day. Diet soda, iced tea with artificial sweetener, and crystal light are all good additions. Don't replace your water with them, but you can drink that stuff as well.

beginner18
01-22-2002, 07:55 PM
any suggestions as to what i can have for breakfast n the next meal?

TreeTrunks
01-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Sounds like you could use more protein. I have a protein shake and half a bagel for breakfast. Need to protein in the morning from the lack of food at night. A 5th meal wouldn't hurt.