PDA

View Full Version : Same Protein Intake On Your Off days?

PeterGriffin
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Just curious to know if and when you guys have an "off" day, do you still intake the same amount of protein on the days you'd be lifting? Or is it free for all/ anything goes?

Intense
05-12-2006, 10:34 AM
For sure man, being in the gym isn't even half the battle. Recovery is key, keep feeding the machine, and it will keep growing. What is your protein intake and weight as of right now?

K.Huget
05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Make sure you don't ditch the carbs just to get your protein intake. When recovering, carbs are going to help you more than anything else.

ddegroff
05-12-2006, 01:10 PM
IF your bulking then eat the same everyday, probably can drop the dextrose if your not lifting.

IF your cutting same PRO day to day but lower the carbs and up the fats on off days.

K.Huget
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
IF your cutting same PRO day to day but lower the carbs and up the fats on off days.

Would you or somebody be able to give me a good link or just explain to me why this is what you should do?

ddegroff
05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Mostly because it carbs make most of us hungry. When your cutting you tryin to eat less so if your hungry its tough to do. On workout days you want most of the carbs around workout for energy and recovery. Then on off days you lower the carbs up the fats so you arnt so hungry. Its more of a comfort thing for most of us.

I don't have a link for ya, but I'm sure Built will chime in and give you one.

CBrons
05-13-2006, 09:43 AM
I dont know - you shouldn't eat the same amount of calories every single day or your body will get used to the intake and it will do nothing.

betastas
05-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I dont know - you shouldn't eat the same amount of calories every single day or your body will get used to the intake and it will do nothing.

Your logic is flawed.

If he maintains at 2500 and eats 3500, he will grow. Day in, day out, he will still grow. His body may adapt and growth rate may slow, but his body won't "do nothing". This is why you keep a record of what you eat and do so you can evaluate your progress.

Intense
05-13-2006, 12:38 PM
250-300 grams per day on 2K calorie? What is your body weight? You probably need to up your good fat intake(flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, natty peanut butter). Eating those fats while you cut is good for you so don't worry about it. If you are curious how, just google flax oil benefits and stuff like that, you should get some good answers. Where are all of your calories coming from? What is your body weight?

PeterGriffin
05-15-2006, 09:39 AM
My weight is around 285. I'm one of the ex fat a$$ recovering here on WBB, hahaha. Around January and early Feb I was 300 lbs.

Basically, I've been eating 2 Foster Farms chicken breasts a day. Each fillet has 46 g's of protein and 200 calories.

The rest of my calorie intake is made up by: 100% Whey protein shakes, tuna, fat free cottage cheese, whole grain bread rolls, beans, lettuce, bananas, and fat free milk.

That's my entire diet in a nutshell. Sometimes I'll add a steak or some hamburger meat.

Intense
05-15-2006, 11:08 AM
diet seems pretty good man, up your fats a bit. i suggest a flax seed supplement and olive oil. they will not make you fat, give you some extra calories and do good for your health..