PDA

View Full Version : Rate this routine and help me make some predictions please...

piothepio
05-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Alright, this is basically what I am doing in terms of total exercises
-Squat
-Bench Press
-Incline Bench Press
-Calf Raise
-Various Abdominals
-Leg Lifts
-Curls
-Forearm Curls
-Deadlift
-Snatch
-Power Cleans
-Military Press
-Pullups
-Glute/Ham

I group them like this...
Monday: Power Clean, Bench press, curls, military presses, Leg Lift, abs.
Tuesday: Deadlift, pullups, Glute/Ham, Abs
Wednesday: Bench Press, Curls, Abs
Thursday: Incline Bench Press, Snatch, Abs, military presses, and glute/Ham
Friday: Calf Raise, Pull Ups, Abs, Squat, Leg Lift

I do not overwork my abs, I just work them a little every day.

My first question is is this a good routine?

My second question is if I continue this routine hoe much progress will I make by the end of August on the bench press and curls?

Bench Press: 1 set of 5 x 115, 1 set of 5 x 125, 1 set of 3 x 135. That is what I did last Friday.

Curls: I do 3 sets of 5 reps of 55.

I weigh 140 pounds and I am between 5-10 and 5-11. I am very skinny and I am trying to gain weight.

getfit
05-13-2006, 05:59 PM
what you eating?

piothepio
05-13-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm eating a lot now. And I'm gonna be eating more in the summer. Oh yeah, I want to gain twenty pounds by next august too.

getfit
05-13-2006, 06:33 PM
another thing, you don't need to work your abs everyday,just hit them like you do any other muscle group.

so what's your diet like?

piothepio
05-20-2006, 06:44 PM
I eat pasta every day. Two bowls of cereal every day. 1 fruit at lunch and one at dinner. Around 6-9 glasses of water. Usually about three glasses of milk. Meat sandwich almost every day for lunch. For a second after dinner I usually eat a meaty product with vegetables such as string beans. So basically it goes

Breakfast:
Cheerios with milk, fruit

Lunch:
Meat sandwich of some type, fruit, water

Dinner:
Pasta, meat, veggie, fruit, water

I eat another bowl of cereal and assorted snacks throughout the day. I try to keep everything healthy and also eat a lot of meat. Sorry about the long time to reply, I've been busy. So what do you think?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Do you track your calories?

piothepio
05-20-2006, 07:14 PM
No, I've tried FitDay but it never seems to have exactly what I ate so I quit looking for foods on it.

Davidelmo
05-20-2006, 07:21 PM
That's what the "custom item" tool is for ;)

ottomanart
05-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok, get on fit day... USE the "custom item tool"... and count calaries (I can already tell you should probably be eating more!!!).

let us know how tall yuou are, how much you weight, how old you are, and what you lift now... it'll be easier to tell you what kind of gains you can hope for after that.
Am I right in saying that you want to gain 20lbs in 3 months? If so... That's not impossible but it'll be really hard... especially if you are eatingthe way you are now. I would look into a protien suplement and/or a weight gainer of some kind... that will really help up your cals. Also, try to have snacks with you all the time. If you aren't talking have something in your mouth or on the way down your throat. The more you eat the more you'll grow and be able to lift.
The work out itself looks "decent":
1. just do abs like everything else... have a day or two that are ab days. don't just do leg lifts and sit ups... through some other stuff in there and give them their own full work out.
2. If you haven't yet, take a look at some of the WBB workout rutiens... they are really good.

Get back to us with some weights and more personal info... we'll do what we can!

narbi
05-21-2006, 07:08 AM
1. just do abs like everything else... have a day or two that are ab days. don't just do leg lifts and sit ups... through some other stuff in there and give them their own full work out.

What do you recommend for a full ab workout geared towards a skinny person (if that makes a differnce)...WBB1 states ...
"Abs to be done on any training day of personal choice.
Crunches : 4 x 8-10 reps"

and the only thing I have been doing to target abs are the ab machines w/ weights and leg lifts

Clifford Gillmore
05-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Hanging knee raises, Cable crunches, Decline crunches (Weighted, very easy to stick a couple of 45's on your chest once you build your core up a little), swiss ball crunches are fun too.

SaVvY
05-21-2006, 10:57 AM
prediction?...PAIN!

piothepio
05-21-2006, 02:38 PM
This is what I can do in each thing.
Bench: Five reps of 125
Squat: Like 135 cause my coach makes me go down so low it's like impossible to get back up.
Curls: 25 pound dumbells, 55 with the bar
Deadlift: 135
Power Clean: 95 I believe

I'm 5-10 and I'm scrawny. I weigh 140 right now. I need to gain weight desperately guys! I'll start tracking again on Fitday and send you a thing for it.

piothepio
05-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Alright today so far I've had 1529 calories. Just to make sure how many cups is a half a pound of pasta?

piothepio
05-21-2006, 02:47 PM
How many calories should I be shooting for per day?

Detard
05-21-2006, 04:47 PM
hmm im about 150 pounds and i need to eat at least 2000 calories a day to maintain and around 2500 to gain (super fast metabolism). eat lots of nuts (dry roasted, almonds, peanut butter)its not too hard to eat like 3 or 4 peanut butter sandwhiches throughought the day. 2 or 3 for lunch, then afterschool aswell. just eat everything you can get your hands on if you want to gain weight.

Chronic
05-22-2006, 12:51 AM
hmm im about 150 pounds and i need to eat at least 2000 calories a day to maintain and around 2500 to gain (super fast metabolism). eat lots of nuts (dry roasted, almonds, peanut butter)its not too hard to eat like 3 or 4 peanut butter sandwhiches throughought the day. 2 or 3 for lunch, then afterschool aswell. just eat everything you can get your hands on if you want to gain weight.

You think that is a fast metabolism? I think mine is somewhat fast and I have to eat 4000 to maintain. Some guys on the site eat 8000 on a bulk, or they claim to at least.

Detard
05-22-2006, 01:50 PM
You think that is a fast metabolism? I think mine is somewhat fast and I have to eat 4000 to maintain. Some guys on the site eat 8000 on a bulk, or they claim to at least.

mabye i calculated my calories wrong or something becasue it seems like i am alwas eating.

Skinny Fat
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah - 2000 maintenance - 2,500 gaining is more like girl-territory for calories. If you're tracking them correctly, you just have appetite problems.

RedSpikeyThing
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
If you keep you calories on fitday, it's a lot easier to eat what you need. MAKE yourself choke down food until you hit your requirement.

Since you've never bulked before, I would suggest adding 100-200 calories every day or so until you hit your target. It's very hard to go from eating 1500 cals to 2500+ overnight, so take your time. I had that problem at first, but about a week later I found myself hungry after eating the same amount of food that made me sick before!

Turnip
05-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Personally If I find im not eating enough due to low appetite or whatever I spread my meals out even more than 6/day. Just eating constantly if I can.

SaVvY
05-23-2006, 07:23 AM
'Squat: Like 135 cause my coach makes me go down so low it's like impossible to get back up'

:bow:

Huh?0083
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
How many calories should I be shooting for per day?

I'm kind of in your same situation except for Im 6'5", but I'm pretty scrawny to for my high. So far I have put on 5lbs. in the 3 weeks that I have been bulking and Im eating roughly about 4000-4500 calories. From what I have read its best to go up 500 calories a week and then once you start seeing some gains adjust as needed. Also the way I line most of my meals up is I try to eat at least every 3 hours, also go to the "recipes" and diet & nutrition" threads to get some good ideas on some stuff to eat. I know sometimes eating all the time feels like alot of work, but in order to get the pay off you must put in the work.