PDA

View Full Version : Summer Help

skinnywilly
05-14-2006, 07:24 PM
So thanks to all of the info on this sight I am finally able to get a good routine and diet down. But this summer is going to be a problem,

Situation:
I work on a seed farm all summer, around 15 hours a day, eat while you work sort of thing. All I do is drive a tractor all day, my problem is that for the last month I have been bulking and working out my new routine. My job (which starts june 19th) Won't allow me any spare time to hit the gym.

Any ideas what I should do? Should I stop bulking and just maintain?:confused:

Thanks in advance

getfit
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
why? farm work, alot of things you can do on a farm.You'll need all the strength you can get, keep eating!

WORLD
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
lift an animal!

skinnywilly
05-14-2006, 11:01 PM
The problem is I won't be doing fence building or anything that will actually work my body. I'm just going to be driving a tractor all day, sitting in a seat.

skinnywilly
05-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Any help?

getfit
05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
all day long though? do some work afterwards

Jorge Sanchez
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Ask if you can do some haying. That's a great workout.

Slim Schaedle
05-17-2006, 02:31 PM
So thanks to all of the info on this sight I am finally able to get a good routine and diet down. But this summer is going to be a problem,

Situation:
I work on a seed farm all summer, around 15 hours a day, eat while you work sort of thing. All I do is drive a tractor all day, my problem is that for the last month I have been bulking and working out my new routine. My job (which starts june 19th) Won't allow me any spare time to hit the gym.

Any ideas what I should do? Should I stop bulking and just maintain?:confused:

Thanks in advance
You won't have ANY spare time?

I was working way more than 15 hours/day over in the big sandbox and still got my workouts in. It cut into sleep but it was still beneficial.

skinnywilly
05-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Well I don't know my schedule exactly yet, two people I know that worked there all four summers during college said they usually started work at 7am and didn't get home/into bed till 11pm.

Slim Schaedle
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Well I don't know my schedule exactly yet, two people I know that worked there all four summers during college said they usually started work at 7am and didn't get home/into bed till 11pm.
Pop some caffeine around 10:30

Work out 11-12.

Sleep 12:30ish or 1am - 6am.

Work at 7am

I would sometimes get only 2hrs of sleep, work all night long, and still work out in the afternoon after getting relieved. There is always a way, and someone will always have it worse, and still oversome the odds.

getfit
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
i wish someone would offer me a job to work on a farm for the summer,i'd have so much fun with the great outdoors

skinnywilly
05-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Yea, I am looking forward to this job a lot! A great chance to make good money and I love working on the farm/tractor work.

Slim: About you saying that I should get around 6hrs of sleep a night do you really think I should do that? I know that I could do it, and I am willing to so that I don't start back at square one. But I heard/read that when lifting and training that I should be getting at least 8hrs a night.

Slim Schaedle
05-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Yea, I am looking forward to this job a lot! A great chance to make good money and I love working on the farm/tractor work.

Slim: About you saying that I should get around 6hrs of sleep a night do you really think I should do that? I know that I could do it, and I am willing to so that I don't start back at square one. But I heard/read that when lifting and training that I should be getting at least 8hrs a night.
It is very rare that I get 8 hrs of sleep throughout the week. It is normally around 6hrs.

It is not optimal but you can still consistently reach goals. It would depend on other factors such as diet, obviously.

Jordanbcool
05-20-2006, 10:17 AM
It is very rare that I get 8 hrs of sleep throughout the week. It is normally around 6hrs.

It is not optimal but you can still consistently reach goals. It would depend on other factors such as diet, obviously.

I'd say 10 hours is optimal but reality is a pain and most of of us on this board (being fairly young) are in college/have jobs/have a wife and kids. So 6 hours is probably the most sleep we get here.

-jordan

Slim Schaedle
05-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I wasn't declaring an optimal number of sleep hours, only stating that 6 hours is not completely optimal.

Just to calirfy.

Jordanbcool
05-20-2006, 10:58 AM
I wasn't declaring an optimal number of sleep hours, only stating that 6 hours is not completely optimal.

Just to calirfy.

O slim I know that I was just saying ;)

Its been a while slim. Alas if only I could meet you in person....we could swap stories about my ranting raves of earlier posts. Haha.

I'd actually like to meet alot of people on here by the way. Namely brickt, built, you, and a host of others. But considering most people live 100000 miles away. I doubt that will happen :(

:offtopic: Sorry

-jordan