PDA

View Full Version : Summer Training

Pages : [1] 2 3

KevinStarke
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Well my "wandering" is done for now since i'll be in a set place with a set gym for the entire summer. Gonna focus on getting as strong as I can for some competitions comming up.

My deload week has just started so i'm just chilling for all of next week till I head up to Newtown, CT and start my summer training at the Gym of Newtown. Its a sweet gym and has everything I need so im pretty pumped to start training. I recently got a Rage X bench shirt and am gonna start training in it once I get my routine flowing so hopefully i'll be able to put up some good numbers in it. I'd like to buy some briefs too and/or a squat or deadlift suit, have my eyes on a few pieces. Also have a 10 lb bag of whey on the way and plan to keep my diet down pat the whole summer which will hopefully yield some good results.

My new routine isnt THAT much different from my current one but I do plan to try and have it a little more structured. Not quite positive what the days will be yet but I plan to have a 4 day split, possibly 5 if I do grip work during the week. The 4 days will consist of...

- Heavy Lower Day
- Heavy Upper Day
- Light Lower Day
- Light Upper Day
- Grip Day

Heavy Lower Day: Will mainly consist of 3 lifts; Squats, Goodmornings, Deadlifts. The way I will rotate each is each heavy lower day I will do one of the lifts heavy first and then do the other 2 lifts after with medium weights. For example say I do heavy squats first, then i'd do medium goodmornings and medium deadlifts after, then next week start with heavy goodmornings followed by medium deadlifts and then medium squats, then heavy deadlifts, medium squats, medium goodmornings, etc.. etc.. you get the point. Every 2-3 weeks I will also be taking a week off from deadlifting since due to past injuries my lower back needs lots of rest. I'll also be doing 2-3 accessory exercises on Heavy Lower Day as well.

Heavy Upper Day: Will always start off with some variation of heavy bench pressing. I'll most likelly cycle through heavy RAW full presses, heavy close grips, heavy 2-boards, heavy 3-boards, heavy dumbells, and heavy full press shirt work. Might start her off with heavy dips every now and then too since I love doin em. After the heavy benching I'll move on to another pressing movement like incline dumbells, dumbell floor presses, or dips. I also plan to incorporate plenty of upper back work in to this workout like heavy - max effort pullups, rows (barbell or dumbell), and other back exerices along with plenty of tricep work and a wee bit of bicep work.

Light Lower day: Is just what it says, a light lower body workout. I plan to focus on box squats, pullthroughs, and speed pulls in this workout with other light lower body accessory work. Will either do some plymometrics on this day or at some point during the weekend or another off day.

Light Lower Day: Same concept as above only with upper body. Speed bench, dumbell bench, light back work, BW pullups, BW dips, and other light upper body accessory movements.

Grip Day: Grip Day will involve lots of CoC Gripper work along with levering, card tearing, pinch work and other such things.

I also plan to do a fair ammount of swimming this summer since i'm living at a house with a really nice inground pool and lots of land. With all the land im hoping to do something in an exercise sense, not too sure yet though, but definitelly plyometrics and sprints will be included this summer.

I'm definitelly going to at least 1 powerlifting meet at the end of the summer with Drew if not 1 or 2 more depending on my schedule so i'm hoping to get some good strength going this summer so I do well in the competitions since most are full meets, others push pull. My squat stance has changed so my max has gone down a bit but its slowly climbing back up. My current maxes are as follows...

Squat: 415
Bench: 320
Deadlift: 445

The squat was done with a wide stance and in a monolift. The monolift is definitelly nifty but I really hated the wide stance, was strong but just wasnt comfortable and I could feel an injury comming on if I kept squatting like that. My new stance is much closer, shoulder stance but might move it out an inch or two more, pushin around 375/385 with my new stance but plan to push it up especially if I can purchase some breifs and a suit. My bench has been moving verrrrry slowly but If i can learn this shirt I expect it to really shoot up. I've finally found my niche in deadlifting which happens to be sumo stance so i'm expecting these numbers to move as well. I usually hate setting expectations since not meeting them blows but fully equipped in a suit, briefs, wraps, and a shirt I would like to hit at least these numbers by the end of the summer, early fall...

Squat: 440+
Bench: 365+
Deadlift: 475+

If I can get my lifts up to at least those numbers i'll be extremelly happy, if I can get more then hell yah I get more. Anyway I know that was a long read but thats basically my routine setup and expectations for this summer. I also took my measurements for fun just to see if I improve any size wise in my quest for more strength. I'll also post a few pics that were taken a couple months ago so I can see if there is any improvement as well. I no longer have a camera but hopefully my girlfriends brother will be able to tape any big lifts I go for this summer. Here are my stats and current pics...

Kevin Majoros
18 years old
5'3.5"
162 lbs

Measurements:
Shoulders - 48.5"
Chest - 40.25"
Waist - 31"
Biceps/Triceps - 15.5
Forearms - 13"
Ass - 41"
Quadriceps - 24.25"
Calves - 16"

Pictures 5/14/06:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=550384968&photoID=2908165740090600590&security=Ejcned
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=550384968&photoID=2717652240090600590&security=fescmM
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=550384968&photoID=2221779370090600590&security=zBDUpt

I know that was a reallllll long read so to those who actually read it I salute you :thumbup: to those who didn't, **** you guys! :ninja: Anyway i'm really pumped to start training and hope everything goes well and my shoulder heals up asap. Hope everyone else also does some great training this summer.

Stumprrp
05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
sounds sweet my nig! looking huge in the pics, and somewhat confused? hahah.

drew
05-14-2006, 10:26 PM
I didn't read it all, but you look like a cute litte monkey. Greasy, and strange, but still cute.

So, that's enough gay out of me. Looks like a solid plan. We's gon' tear shizz up agin this summuhtyme BOYEEEE!

Clifford Gillmore
05-15-2006, 05:26 AM
Looks like a very very solid rotation split, kind of like the one I'm doing :) looking forward to seeing you break some PRs again Kevy.

Isaac Wilkins
05-15-2006, 05:38 AM
Looks like a good time, man. Have a good summer and enjoy the land. Get outside and mess around. Build some cheap-ass strongman **** and have some fun.

Coke
05-15-2006, 06:29 AM
I read the whole thing, lol...plan looks ace as does them pics.

Guido
05-15-2006, 09:45 AM
You look like you're ready to get shot into space. Space Monkey!

Sorry. Fight Club reference.

Traps are Hyuuge.

Oh yeah, those equipped numbers are conservative bro. Especially on bench/squat. With your raw numbers, I'd say 500 squat, 405 bench are realistic goals.

-TIM-
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Looking solid in those photos Kevin. It's hard to believe you're only 18. Meant in a good way of course.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Stump - haha yah my girlfriend always tells me i look confused in pictures.

Drew - awwww yah son awwww yaaaaaah

Risk - Thanks man

Borris - haha hell yah thanks man

Coke - Thanks Coke!

Guido - Yah? I just didnt wanna set huge goals and then dissapoint myself, im gonna go for it though man thanks.

TIM - I get it all the time man, thanks

getfit
05-15-2006, 12:24 PM
good luck with everything kevin, looking awesome

Sidior
05-15-2006, 12:38 PM
new split looks good, gl with the summer training and the new gear

MixmasterNash
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Bulk about 20 more lbs, grow a beard, and when the film the Hobbit, you can be one of the burly dwarves.

biggimp
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
man if you are pressing 320 right now, you can easily set 405 shirted as a target for the end of the summer. most people gain at least 80lbs or so with a shirt, and with you doing lockout work and board presses, i bet you can squeeze at least 100 out of one. good luck man.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Getfit - Thanks, you too ;)

Sidior - Thanks man!

Nash - My ticket to stardom! **** powerlifting!

biggimp - Your gettin me all giddy man haha, thanks. I'm definitelly gonna shoot for as heavy as I can go, just gotta learn the shirt and the groove.

offhegoes03
05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
looks like you've got a solid plan for the summer.. good luck with everything

McIrish
05-15-2006, 06:44 PM
hell yeah Kev, those numbers are goign to fly up. I hear that Special K is good to throw back before a powerlifting meet.

Gutz981
05-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Best of luck big guy. I'm pullin for ya.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 08:31 PM
offhegoes - Thanks man, knowing me i'll probably alter the **** out of it though.

McIrish - Oh I make sure to get in some special k my friend

Gutz - haha thanks man.

So far no luck on finding a job, my next purchase is gonna be a dead suit since alot of the meets I go to are Push/Pull. Hopefully i'll be able to find some funds to get a squat suit sometime durign the summer as well.

HeavyBomber
05-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks like a good time, man. Have a good summer and enjoy the land. Get outside and mess around. Build some cheap-ass strongman **** and have some fun.

yea dude, make a sled and do some sled pulling too.

pinky8713
05-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Looks like you have a solid plan bro. You're gonna tear it up this summer.. no doubt.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
HeavyBomber - yah I definitelly wanna do some sleg dragging for recovery work.

pinky - word

DumbellDude
05-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Split is good Kev - I like the rotation every week for the heavy lower workout. Awesome back shot, nice lat spread. I envy you for having a pool dude! I'll have to drive some 1.5 hours to get to the ocean, but plan is to do so every week, I freaking love swimming. Good luck bro.

drew
05-15-2006, 09:41 PM
HeavyBomber - yah I definitelly wanna do some sleg dragging for recovery work.

pinky - word
Dude, if I suck up and buy a prowler, I'll give you my sled.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Sounds good to me man, wtf is a prowler? Want my blast? haha

drew
05-15-2006, 09:50 PM
It's like $500 with shipping, but I want one bad: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=257&pid=1006

I already got a Blast, thanks. I actually cut the back on it and I can put it on pretty easily now. Don't know if I'll ever use it though.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Dayam, expensive ****, i'll buy the lady though.

HeavyBomber
05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
oooh hell yeah baby. I'll take her.

Keith
05-15-2006, 10:25 PM
You look old as **** for a 18 year old man. And not only big, but you look strong too. Great job man, keep it up and good luck!

WORLD
05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah I went straight to the pics, cause it's getting late,and my eyes are tired... so I appologize for not being able to talk about your plan..
But your pics are awesome buddy. You have a great physique to work with, especially being your age. Keep it up.

HeavyBomber
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Eh, you look like a little pussy whip mama's boy... JUST KIDDING dude. You look strong man.
If I had had your mindset at your age who knows where I would be now. Keep lifting hard bro.

DGabe24
05-15-2006, 11:10 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that you won't modify this workout in some way, shape, or form so let the re-adjusting begin ;) On the other hand I have complete faith that whatever you do, you will make it work and really hit hte next level you beast.

KevinStarke
05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Heavybomber - haha yeeeeeeah booooooy. Haha thanks man, I only look big cause im wee tall.

Keith - Thanks man!

World - Thanks man, its all about the strength though

DGabe - Yah, i have trouble sticking to a set routine, but my methods have been working for me thus far.

Clifford Gillmore
05-16-2006, 03:47 PM
It's like $500 with shipping, but I want one bad: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=257&pid=1006

Didn't Tate only JUST review this? You fanboy ;)

drew
05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm a total fanboy, but I still want one!

Kev, Burlington meet has been cancelled. Not sure what happend, but Brent is no longer the VT chair. He musta done something to piss Scott off. Anyway, they're planning to do a VT meet this summer still, just not scheduled yet. Sucks.

Goodwinm
05-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Good luck kev!! im sure youll be putting some super effort in this summer! as will I :)

KevinStarke
05-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Drew - Laaaaame, what about the Walingford meet? Any interest?

Goodwinner - Hell yah

Sensei
05-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm a total fanboy, but I still want one!
These are out of stock right now, but get one of these before you get the prowler - it will only set you back about 1/5 the $$ (I realize it's not the same, but unless you are going to be loading 100s of lbs on it, it will probably do the job): http://www.power-systems.com/nav/closeup.aspx?c=19&g=1950&Power/Sled%99

drew
05-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Kev, it hasn't been posted, but I'm totally down for it.

Sensei, I could just weld some handles onto my sled and get the same effect.

Canadian Crippler
05-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Does that fit bitty come with it?

f=ma
05-17-2006, 01:43 PM
40 posts in the journal and not one workout

hope the injury heals up. maybe try some bw work this week and hit it hard next?

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh im feelin fine f=ma (knock on wood). Its just on a deload week man :) Just taking a break before I jump in to heavy shirt and lockout work. Workouts will be flowing in here come next monday when I hope to do some shirt work, see if I can get the hang of it. Funny you should say do BW stuff today because I did so some for fun since I was bored and hate not workout out.

Random Workout:

*Tons of Rotator Stuff*

Pullups (Full Extentions Nice and Slow) -

Pushups -

Bodyweight Squats -
x Lots

*Some other light shoulder stuff with dumbells*

*Stretching*

Did a bunch of yardwork today too since its nice out. I feel pretty good my shoulders feelin better but still feels a little funny and my back is little tight/uncomfortable when I squat down deep. Deload weeks are boringgggg but i'm sure it'll be worth it, cant wait to get up to Newtown since theres NO ****ING FOOD HERE I've barely eaten anything the past few days and my mom refuses to go grocery shopping. My whey should be here sometime next week and i'm gonna order an Inzer Hardcore squat suit this weekend but am more excited to use it for sumo deads. Gonna go rip some 2x8's to slim em down a bit and make a 3-board.

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I've been thinking lately... my right side always seems to be the side that gets the injuries, pulls, strains, aches, etc... I've also always deadlifted left hand over rigth hand under. I definitelly feel more of a flex in my right pec and right shoulder while having my right hand under and i'm just wondering if that just might be a reason as to why my right side seems to be more suseptable to injury. Anyone have any opinions on that?

Eszekial
05-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I've been thinking lately... my right side always seems to be the side that gets the injuries, pulls, strains, aches, etc... I've also always deadlifted left hand over rigth hand under. I definitelly feel more of a flex in my right pec and right shoulder while having my right hand under and i'm just wondering if that just might be a reason as to why my right side seems to be more suseptable to injury. Anyone have any opinions on that?

Odd.. My right side is my stronger side. Always feels like it takes more brunt, flexes more, has more mass, get's more strain per work out.

ANd i always get injured on the opposite.

Chalk it up to bad luck?

It's common sense that the body likes some level of symetry when lifting. I would put some consideration into that. Might be your answer.

Sensei
05-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Sensei, I could just weld some handles onto my sled and get the same effect.Cripes! If you can weld, I don't know why you'd buy half the products they sell for inflated $$ at elite... Don't get me wrong, I've never regretted a cent that I've spent there, but you definately pay a premium for their stuff...

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Eszekial - Oh no no, my right side is definitelly sllightly bigger, slightly stronger and pumps quicker than my left, i just feel like that might have something to do with it somehow, maybe im just ******ed though.

f=ma
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM
maybe its a masturbation side effect haha

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Thats just it, I use me left hand to masturbate (gotta use the right one to work the mouse!) but maybe thats just made my left side superhuman or something?

Coke
05-18-2006, 05:47 AM
Too much info there bro, lol...funny how you mainly get injuries on your right side.

KevinStarke
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey he brought it up. Its probably all in my head but meh, maybe one day I'll start deadlifting for a while with left under right under, see how it goes.

Stumprrp
05-18-2006, 06:22 PM
kev, i tryed some Pullthroughs? ive been seeing you powerlifting cats doing them and i wondered wtf is that? it kicks the lower backs ass pretty nice!

drew
05-18-2006, 08:22 PM
The ass too. Make sure to contract your ass at the top when you do them.

drew
05-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Kev, if they don't set a new VT meet in August, you want to try for Hanover? I could try and get a half day from work and it's about a 5 hour drive (if there's no facking accidents again) so we could probably get there for early weigh-in. Plus I know a motel in gettysburg for like $35 a night.

Coke
05-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Hey he brought it up. Its probably all in my head but meh, maybe one day I'll start deadlifting for a while with left under right under, see how it goes.

No biggie dude, I'm completely right hand dominant, lol...I've never liked using the mixed grips but some swear by'em.

KevinStarke
05-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Stump - Yah it can get your lowback alright but its mainly a hipstrength exercise. Use cables or bands whatever you can get your hands on, its really helped my hip strength/sumo deads/wide stance squat.

Drew - **** yah i'll go to Hanover, i didnt go last time so this time is a must. When is it? I'm in.

Coke - Haha word, if I could double overhand 445 I would but it aint happenin

Guido
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Plus I know a motel in gettysburg for like $35 a night.Oh my. I don't wanna know about any hotel that costs only $35 a night. :zipit:

KevinStarke
05-20-2006, 12:22 AM
My boys came back from Berlington today which makes me very happy. I went to see The New Riders of Purple Sage tonight with my dad and got quite drunk in the process. Then I went to see the guys, am very happy. They brought back with them shrooms, so i say to my self. Kevin...? should I go to Newtown tomorrow and prepair for training...? or stay another night and do shrooms with the boys? Me thinks i'll stay another night/

drew
05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Shroomin it up. Nice.

8/19 is the Hanover meet.

Guido, its not a bad place, and the dude that works there is a total redneck. Last time I was there he had a Rebel Yell hat on. I tried to buy it from him.

KevinStarke
05-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Gah, what a ****ed up night... 8/19? Sounds good man, im definitelly in if your going. I'll bring my showtunes collection for the car ride.

biggimp
05-20-2006, 03:29 PM
i love pullthroughs. so you are starting your new routine monday then?

KevinStarke
05-21-2006, 09:42 PM
**** that routine, i've created another that i'm liking the looks of, hopefully it'll work and wont bother my back. My back is the only issue which is why i've been squatting and deading on the same day but i've created this new routine which is basically a 2 week rotation switching between the two weeks. Heres the setup...

Week 1-
Monday: Heavy Bench
Tuesday: 5x5 Squats
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Volume Bench
Friday: Heavy Deads
Saturday: Grip Work
Sunday: Rest

Week 2-
Monday: Heavy Bench
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Heavy Squats
Thursday: Volume Bench
Friday: Grip Work
Saturday: Active Recovery (Upper/Lower)

Thats the 2 week split i'm going to follow starting tomorrow (Monday). I'll explain my concept for this routine. For starters my back cant handle deadlifting heavy each week, i've tweaked it and thrown it out way too many times. Im lucky I can still deadlift or squat at all and i've grown to the love those lifts so I wanna make sure I can still do em. Anyway heres the breakdown...

Week 1...

Monday: I'll do heavy shirted bench work, working up to a heavy double or single. After the heavy shirt work i'll take the shirt off and do board presses using either the 2-board or 3-board working up to a heavy triple or double. What I do after that will switch up from week to week but it'll definitelly be 1-2 more tricep exercises, this day's pretty much devoted to killing my triceps. Also each week or every other week i'll swap board presses for rack lockouts.

Tuesday: Tuesday of week 1 will be a 5x5 squat day. Nothing crazy, i'll add weight as I go along but it'll all be done raw. I'll also do high box squats after along with possible squat lockouts and/or partials, all in all not too crazy a day, saving some energy for heavy deads this week.

Wednesday: Rest, possible plyometrics and/or sprints.

Thursday: Volume Bench Day! I'm pretty excited for this since speed bench was kind of boring me. This day will involve comp grip and close grip benching hittin upwards of 10 rep sets. I also plan to do dumbell presses or weighted dips along with weighted pullups during this day each week. I'll figure out the exercise set up as I go along, I dont do routines with a set number of sets x reps planning the days out is as routine as i'll get. The weight on this day wont be anything crazy, speed and explosion will be a factor but I also wanna hit my chest which doesnt get too blasted on Monday.

Friday: Heavy Deadlift Dayyyy. I'm pretty pumped about this day since i've FINALLY found my niche with deadlifting. This day will occur once every 2 weeks obviously and the heavy work will be done in a suit after my warmups working up to a heavy double or single. Speed deads will follow as well as pull throughs, etc...

Saturday: Grip Work day will involve using my grippers, hammer levering, phonebook/card tearing and other grip training exercises.

Week 2...

Monday: Same thing as the other week with the shirt work and such except I might switch out the board presses for heavy lockouts and/or modeatelly heavy barbell floor presses.

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: This is really where this week differs from the other week. This day involves the heavy squats, using a squat suit, wraps, belt, etc... I'll be working up to a heavy single, double, or triple on this day and will follow it with Goodmornings and speed pulls. This day will give me a chance to squat heavy in my suit and take some time off heavy deadlifting.

Thursday: Same thing as the other week.

Friday: Grip Work, same as last week.

Saturday: This day will revolve around active recovery and sometimes take place the day before (Friday) depending on how im feeling. I'll work on light, low box squats, light benching, etc... just to get some blood flowing.

Sunday: Rest... then repeat week 1, followed by week 2, followed by week 1... etc... etc... etc... I really like this split and its kind of nice to have SOME structure to my workouts. I'll never be able to do the whole, "ok im gonna do this many sets of this many reps with this weight..." the only thing I can do that with is 5x5 and im only using that setup for 5x5 squat day.

This setup will give my lowerbody (especially my back) enough time to rest between usage and get me used to using the gear since I have a meet in PA comming up in August with drew.. gotta get used to this gear as much as possible so I can use to as much of an advantage as I can on Hanover. I've moved all my crap to the house in Newtown and am ready to start the summer training tomorrow, so after pages and pages of no workouts there'll be plenty to come starting tomorrow! Pretty pumped about this setup and real excited to try my shirt out tomorrow, hopefully I can get the bitch on correctly...

drew
05-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Looks like a solid plan bro. I'm going to have to make a trip out to bench with you sometime.

KevinStarke
05-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Dude PLEASE do, its a real straight gym and my womans brother is a complete metrosexual and not interesting in anything involved with powerlifting, guy lifts every day of the week... anyways I'd trust your spotting on the real heavy sets and your help gettin the shirt on would be very much appreciated. My cellphone is almost dead and I havnt bought a new charger yet, i'll PM you some new numbers.

drew
05-21-2006, 10:15 PM
What time do you lift on Mondays? If you can do it at 6, I can bench with you every week. I'll just come straight from work.

KevinStarke
05-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Hell yah i plan on going between 6-7 almost every day, I can go at literally anytime tomorrow

drew
05-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm going to shoot for next week. Don't know if I will be able to lift at all tomorrow (plus I just maxed on friday). But I'll switch my ME and DE days and make it up there next Monday.

KevinStarke
05-21-2006, 10:29 PM
**** yah man sounds awesome.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Im pumped to star the new routine posted above, just monged a huge breakfast and am waiting for 5-6pm to roll around so I can hit the gym. If everything goes well and I can get the shirt on correctly i'll be real happy. I've talked to some real experienced guys and they told me to not go too crazy with the shirt yet and definitelly dont pull the weight to my chest, just stop where the shirt stops it and press. The weight will get closer and closer to touching as I add weight each week so I just have to be patient is all I suppose. If seperating my squats and deads during the week proves to not work afterall i'll just have to alter it once again but im really hoping it'll be all good, i like this routine.

ericg
05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
the plan looks sweet bro. Do you have another meet before the one in August?

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 10:48 AM
No I think im just gonna train my nuts off for the Hanover, PA meet in August, hopefully hit some good numbers. I've been looking around other boards and 165's in my agegroup just dont seem to be benching much. They all have really good squats usually 550+ (which is damn good to me) but their benches are pretty lacking, I seem to be the odd man out with a not so great squat and a pretty decent bench. Im curious as to what my deadlift will be in a suit though...

f=ma
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
g/l with the new routine

nice effort the other day on page 2.. somehow i missed it the other day when i checked.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks man, just a few bodyweight things had to do somethinnnn.

f=ma
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
yeah thts what i did on sat.. my back is still messing with me though i feel a lot better

deads and bo rows just rock me in a bad way whereas squats feel fine.. weird

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Yah same man, I dont even do bo rows anymore my back just wont let me. Hopefully this routine wont bother my back since i've had alot of issues with it.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Ooooooooooh **** my 10lb bag of whey and tub of cellmass just arrived! Once my suit gets here i'll officially have everything I need to kick ass this summer... **** yes.

Stumprrp
05-22-2006, 03:53 PM
the routine looks very solid, any lat work?

Gutz981
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Throw your ass in a suit and some soild wraps you'll be squatting 5 easy bro. God I don't even wanna think about that kind of strength...scares me...Be sure (if possible) to get some vids man. I wanna see some sick equipted lifts.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Stump - Oh hell yah theres lat work, I just didnt get in to the finer details. The bulk of the lat work will involve heavy weighted pullups and heavy rows.

Gutz - Hell yah man, one of the guys im living with Nate has a sweet camera im gonna try to get to the gym when I can. Who knows, maybe i'll even have a new vid... TONIGHT!

Gutz981
05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
****in right!

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
**** this ****. When I called Inzer i talked to some ****ing woman and I told her my chest measurement and said that I have pretty big arms for my size so should i get a size up or something, she said "no its only the chest measurment" with real attitude, this is when i ordered the shirt. Talked to another friend of mine who said that sounded real ****in small and told me to get a 42 instead of the size 40 she suggested. After 5-10 minutes i got the torso of the shirt on alright but after another 25 minutes of intense struggling, Nate with the fitting gloves pulling his damnded and me resisting like hell the sleeves wouldnt make it to even halfway up my forearm, im talkin not even CLOSE to being even halfway to getting all the way past my ****ing elbow like its supposed to be... Im not HUGE or anything but after warmups and what not my forearms are 14" and my biceps are 16" which is a little more than decent for a guy my height.. im about ****ing done with this whole equipment business this is such a ****ing hassle it isnt even funny, after all that struggling my whole torso was shot and the rest of my workout blew ****ing ass. I'm so ****ing pissed right now its not even funny. Todays ****ty workout...

Heavy Bench:

*Rotator Stuff*

BB Bench -
45 x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 1
*Attempted to get shirt on for 35 minutes*
325 x miserable failure

3-Board Bench -
325 x 3
335 x 3
335 x 3
335 x 3

Floor Press (Flat Back) -
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Pullups -

Tricep Press Downs -
25 x 10
80 x 8
80 x 8

DB Hammer Curls -
25 x 4
40 x 4
60 x 5
60 x 6

Dumbell Shoulder Press -
25 x 10
50 x 5
50 x 5

Reverse Curls -
40 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8

*Rotator Stuff*

*Little bit of basketball*

Pitifull, absolutelly pitifull. After the extreme shirt failure my body and moral was straight up destroyed and it killed the rest of my workout. Inzer customer service is so ****ing ****ty i'm pretty postitive i just give up on the whole equpiment thing, **** this.

drew
05-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Dude, don't sweat it. We'll try again next week. Get that bad boy on, no problem. You shoulda tried using it with the 3-board.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Thats just it though drew no ammount of trying will get this thing on, i know they arnt supposed to be easy to get on or anything but the sleeves literally wouldnt even move a mm up my arm, the openning is just way too ****ing small. I think I might just pull in August... haha ironic isnt it. The 325 attempt was raw by the way.

WBBIRL
05-22-2006, 09:48 PM
That sucks big ones..

Just tell Inzer like it is, their jackass people suggest a shirt that was wrong for you and you want them to take it back and get a bigger shirt. If not you could try to ebay that one and take the money and get a new one. Dont quit over this, it would be the easy way out.

Chubrock
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Hell yea, I'd demand to Inzer they fix this ****. It's not like the company can afford to lose customers. Stick with it bro. I wanna see the fire breathing, special K eating, whore ****ing Kevin shatter some records.

drew
05-22-2006, 10:09 PM
We could always grease you up and then try to put the shirt on. Then, y'know, we could chase you around the gym and try to catch you. And you could talk like the greased up deaf guy. "Nyou guyns ah nebuh gonna catsch bme."

DumbellDude
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey kev. Nice work man. Get that shirt exchanged, we want to see some serious benching here... lol

Coke
05-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Im not HUGE or anything but after warmups and what not my forearms are 14" and my biceps are 16" which is a little more than decent for a guy my height...

That is bs, lol - no one can even mess with you and that is at any height and before warmups, lol.

Super 3 board benching Kevin, fine effort overall.

f=ma
05-23-2006, 07:24 AM
We could always grease you up and then try to put the shirt on. Then, y'know, we could chase you around the gym and try to catch you. And you could talk like the greased up deaf guy. "Nyou guyns ah nebuh gonna catsch bme."
haha scary mental image

Guido
05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Dude, Inzer customer service IS CRAP. It took a good month and a half before they even sent me the right belt. F***ers. I highly recommend returning the shirt you got from them and order one from Titan. Order from Ken Anderson, that's where my whole team get's their stuff and they WILL do different size arms and chest. Lots of guys I know have them like that. BTW, keep in mind the shirt is supposed to be F***in' tight, and if it's easy to get on it's too loose and you won't get nearly as much out of it. Don't get me wrong, I'd say by the sounds of it your arms on your shirt are definitely too small if you can't get them past your forearms. One size up would be better, or maybe even 2 sizes. I believe Titan will ask for arm measurements.

Inzer morons!

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
WBBIRL - Yah im gonna call them today

Chubrock - Haha awwwww yah son

Drew - my wildest fantasy come true..

Dumbelldude - Yah man i wanna break 400 so bad

Coke - Thanks man

f=ma - or slightly.. erotic?

Guido - Yah man im thinking of getting an F6

EDIT: Just called Inzer again and once again a lady answers the phone. She tells me I can send it back to Texas with a 6$ money order for the sending and a 25$ money order for the alteration to the sleeeves and then in 5-10 business days they'll send it back... this is so ridiculous.

Sensei
05-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Dude, Inzer customer service IS CRAP. It took a good month and a half before they even sent me the right belt. F***ers. I highly recommend returning the shirt you got from them and order one from Titan. Order from Ken Anderson, that's where my whole team get's their stuff and they WILL do different size arms and chest. Lots of guys I know have them like that. BTW, keep in mind the shirt is supposed to be F***in' tight, and if it's easy to get on it's too loose and you won't get nearly as much out of it. Don't get me wrong, I'd say by the sounds of it your arms on your shirt are definitely too small if you can't get them past your forearms. One size up would be better, or maybe even 2 sizes. I believe Titan will ask for arm measurements.
Inzer morons!
I've personally never, ever had problems w. Inzer. They've always shipped stuff damn quick and replaced things if I had problems. You could always order Inzer products through House of Pain and probably get better service though. I've heard nothing but horror stories about Titan's customer service - Take Guido's advice about ordering from a private distributor rather than ordering directly from them if you decide to go with Titan.

edit: btw Kevin, I know how you feel about the whole equipment thing. Until you get used to how wasted you can be from just putting on a stupid piece of polyester, it can be frustrating. It's fun in a sick way though... Did you try puting trash bags on your forearms to help slip the suit onto your arm? It might not do anything though - the RageX's arm openings ARE freaking small. I wish I could have checked your log before you ordered that.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Yah i tried the trashbags. What im pissed about now is that i spent my last penny on a Hardcore which is on the way so I NEED to get this job on Wednesday.. but even if I do then its 1-2 weeks till I get a paycheck and can actually BUY the ****ing mother****ing money orders just to get what I need. Im interested in this seperate provider thing but where do you find these other providers?

f=ma
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
you could always turn to prostitution for your currency needs

Sensei
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Priscilla Ribic (Titan)
http://www.plgearonline.com/

Lifting Large (Titan)
http://www.liftinglarge.com/

Iron Gladiators (Brent Mikesell - Inzer)
http://www.irongladiators.com/home.htm

House of Pain (Inzer)
http://www.houseofpainironwear.com/

I'm sure there are others, but these are the link I had on hand.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Oh awesome, thanks Sensei.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Alright... I called my dad and he just let me order ANOTHER Rage X from IronGladiators.com where you give em your shoulder measurement, chest measurement, height, weight, arm measurement and they even have an option to cut 2" off the sleeves before they send it... THANK ****ING GOD! Should be here by Friday so you can help me get this sucker on, on monday drew!

drew
05-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Count on it brutha.

I'm gonna bring my trashed up Blast, just for Hahas.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Haha **** yah man, we'll look like wierdo's together! Everyone their gives me wierd enough looks when I use wrist wraps and you wouldnt believe the ******ed glares I get from the gym guru's there when I do board presses, always classic. Todays workout was pretty good, went just as I planned and hopefully back soreness will be minimal and be gone by Friday when I plan to pull heavy. Before you say, "What the **** Kevin? Whats with the short, mega douchebag, pussy fart workout?" I'll explain. This is one of the weeks thats more devoted to heavy pulling on Friday, my heavy squat day will be next Wednesday ****face's. For the high boxes i'm not really sure how high the box was, couldnt have been more than 16-18". Wanted to work the squat lockout and get some heavier weight on my back, i'll add weight to my 5x5 squat on this every other week when I do em. Depth was great on the 5x5's and everything felt smooooooth. Here's what today looked like, oh and I also trained Sonja today, her first leg workout of the summer. She catches on to things really quickly im lookin forward to seeing her progress.

5x5 Squat Day:

*Bike for a few minutes*

45 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
265 x 5
265 x 5
265 x 5
265 x 5
265 x 5

High Box Squats -
265 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 3
385 x 3

Hyper Extentions -

Side Bends -
25 x 30
25 x 30

*Core Work*

*Stretching*

All in all I enjoyed this workout. This days isnt about going crazy, just about keeping my form down, focusing on good depth and working my squat lockout, the real leg work this week happens on Friday, then next week theres 1 big day devoted to killin my legs. On a good note a friend of mine ordered a shirt from the place I just ordered my new one and said it'll probably be here by Friday which makes me happy, hopefully my damn squat suit will get here before Friday...

drew
05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Dude, that's more volume than I do on my regular training days. lol

Wallingford Push/Pull Sept 16: http://www.apa-wpa.com/nutmegopen.pdf Just posted.

I still want to do Hanover though. Gotta squat!

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Dude **** yes im down for Hanover, let us trek to another land to rain down our judgement upon the unsuspecting public! I just might do Walingford in September too though.

HeavyBomber
05-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice squat day dude. I have never used a shirt partly because I don't want to have to screw with them but the day is coming I'll probably be scwerming around trying to get into one too.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Yah i've gone raw for years now but its just a little depressing lifting at all these equipped meets raw and losing out to guys I could beat raw, so I figure i'll get in the gear game for a year or so, then go back to raw.

WBBIRL
05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I would pick one and stay with it, traning in a shirt probably wont do **** for your raw bench and benching without the **** will more then likely kill your shirted bench.

I dont know how sucessfull you can be at doing both.

HeavyBomber
05-23-2006, 08:40 PM
A lot of times in the local meets I do they recognize raw lifters in a separate category but yeah, I want to put up some shirted numbers too.

HeavyBomber
05-23-2006, 08:42 PM
You know what though, deep inside those shirted lifters know that you actually beat them. lol

Are you still at 165 lbs dude?

ericg
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Nicw squatting bro, gotta love the volume too. Glad to hear you will be getting another shirt, that fits.

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
WBBIRL - Meh, i'll try

HeavyBomber - haha yah probably, yah man im still competing 165, waking weight is around 161-163 lbs.

ericg - if this shirt doesnt fit i give up.

Saint Patrick
05-23-2006, 11:04 PM
I never noticed your stats before, Kevin. Are those PR's in your sig raw? Either way, impressive.

I've always thought being short was an advantage in both Bodybuilding and Powerlifting. And Tim Leary, wasn't he the one behind the electric Acid Kool-Aid test?

Anyone who trains w/ Drew is ok in my book.

late

KevinStarke
05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Saint Patrick - Yah, my current bench, squat, and deadlift PR's are all raw, hoping to set some good equipped maxes soon though.

Gah, my throat started hurting yesterday and its hurtin like hell today... better not be anything serious, to the general health forum!!!

biggimp
05-24-2006, 12:40 AM
you definitely need to give it more than one try to put a shirt on man. it took me 3 people and a half hour to get mine on, that was after about a week of trying. get some heavy duty trashbags and it should slide up easier. baby powder also works to help it slide along.

the thing with titans is, i like their fit, but the shirts stretch FAST. i got about 6 workouts in my fury and the thing had lost half of its pop. if you go the titan route, buy one to train in, and buy another one to use for the first time at a meet (same size of course)

and a rule of thumb i have always heard and worked for me was measure cold, and go down an inch for your shirt.

Clifford Gillmore
05-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Yah i've gone raw for years now but its just a little depressing lifting at all these equipped meets raw and losing out to guys I could beat raw, so I figure i'll get in the gear game for a year or so, then go back to raw.

Stay raw you ****ing pussy.

Chubrock
05-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Stay raw you ****ing pussy.

Stop your blaspheme!!! Don't fill his head with such things. I want to see Kev shatter everybody's records haha, though I have no doubt that he could do it raw if he keeps his head in the game.

AlecB
05-24-2006, 11:07 AM
do shirts really make that much of a difference? How do they help you?

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 12:11 PM
at the slightest hint of sickness i start downing echinacea like it's candy.

Seems to keep me on the up 'n up.

Give it a shot 'ol boy

drew
05-24-2006, 12:31 PM
do shirts really make that much of a difference? How do they help you?
If you can learn how to use it, a shirt can make a huge difference. It takes a lot of stress off the shoulders and gives tremendous resistance at the bottom of the lift. It will generally help with the first few inches of the lift, making the triceps very important in lifting bigger weight. The lats also have to be very strong to keep the bar in the correct path without tossing it back onto your damn face.

KevinStarke
05-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Haha my heart is still with raw lifting but I feel its time to give geared lifting a shot for a while. The shirt can definitelly help if used correctly, taking alot of strain of the shoulders blah blah blah... what drew said. Haha speaking of throwing weight in your face remember the guy in the red Rage X at the Keene meet?

drew
05-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Yikes. Bet that dude was sore the next morning. I'm surprised he didn't poop himself.

KevinStarke
05-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Haha yah that **** look like it hurt.

KevinStarke
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh snap, I got the job at GNC. I start June 12th and begin my 3 weeks of "training" to learn how to sell suppliments? haha.

drew
05-24-2006, 04:25 PM
BOY!!!

That's awesome.

JustinF
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Nasty leg session bro. Looking good!!

DumbellDude
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Kev doesn't know s*** for supplements... LOL

Crazy squats man!!!

KevinStarke
05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Drew - haha word

Justin - Thanks man, first week of my new routine

DumbellDude - Haha yah I guess theres all sorts of cool secret ninja methods of selling them or something. Guess i'll find out.

For some reason im ******edly sore, both my upper and lower body. My heavy bench session and 5x5 squat sessions were hardly "EXTREME" so this confuses me as Phil would BUST my ass in the gym and id only be a little sore for a day or so after. I can barely move for some reason though and odds are I wont be doing the kind of weight I wanted to do tomorrow for volume bench day. My Hardcore is supposed to get here tomorrow so my ass/hams/ and quads BETTER be better by friday... gotta get me some ETS when I get a paycheck.

cphafner
05-24-2006, 10:16 PM
great leg session dude.

KevinStarke
05-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks man, glutes and quads are really killin me.

Coke
05-25-2006, 06:42 AM
They better hit you up with a nice discount on stuff over at GNC, good luck there dude...ace squatting Kevin.

f=ma
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
very nice bro

i'm catching up to you lol

too bad i weigh like 40 more lbs :(

KevinStarke
05-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Coke - haha yah, will probably STILL be cheaper to get the stuff online though

f=ma - this is week 1 foo!

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 12:25 PM
They better hit you up with a nice discount on stuff over at GNC, good luck there dude...ace squatting Kevin.

He'll be able to load up on all the N02 Products and HotRox that he never wanted!

KevinStarke
05-26-2006, 10:07 AM
haha wtf is hotrox?

Deadlifting today, a muscle in my middle back is buggin me though its real tight and I cant seem to find a good stretch to stretch it out. Yesterday I ran in to that real big retired powerlifter I mentioned last summer. We were talking and I mentioned my "delt strain" and he chuckled and without even asking me where it was takes his index finger and pokes the EXACT spot that kills on my front delt. I went "ow" and he said "thats not a delt strain its bicep tendonitis". He's a real nice guy and a real beast, old but still huge and real strong. He lives in CT and said if i compete at the Walingford meet in September he'd come and check it out. Gah, my glutes and quads are still sore as **** so im not sure how well i'll do today, my bodies ****in fallin apart haha.

Bruteman
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
my bodies ****in fallin apart haha.
hehe, fallin' apart at 18?! Wait till you get over 29.

drew
05-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Stop being a homo and lift some weight.

KevinStarke
05-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Brute - Haha cant wait

Drew - sucka ma nutsa

Todays workout was awesome, despite being sore and tired and what not I pulled pretty well. I really wanted to deadlift in a suit today but went raw instead seeing as I still have to learn how to put the damn thing on... got a PR which is all that matters and ended up doing alot of other exercises to make up for this weeks ****ty workouts. Feelin pretty good about this workout.

Heavy Deadlift Day:

*Bike for a few minutes*
*Rotator Stuff*
*Squatted with just the bar for a bunch of reps*

Sumo Deadlift -
135 x 4
225 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 1 <-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=aaZ3g8dJwGg
405 x 1 <-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=STz1bqO4198 (405's cake now)
455 x 1 (10 lb PR) <-- http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D_q2L_91Kg
405 x 1

Speed Pulls (Sumo, 5-10 second rests) -
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1

Cable Pull Throughs -
80 x 8
100 x 10
130 x 10
130 x 10

HS Single Arm High Rows -
1pps x 5 (Overhand)
1pps x 5 (Underhand)
2pps x 8 (Overhand)
2pps x 8 (Underhand)
2pps x 8 (Hammer Grip)

Low Cable Rows -
80 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 5
130 x 5

DB Shrugs -
70 x 10
80 x 10
95 x 10
45lb Plate in each hand x 12
45lb Plate in each hand x 12

Reverse Fly's -
95 x 10
95 x 10

HyperExtentions -
+20 x 10
+30 x 10

Side Bends -
40 x 12
50 x 12

*Bunch of core work, cable crunches, incline leg raises, etc...*
*Stretched*
*Rotator Stuff*

All in all a solid workout, i'd like to get 475-500 in the suit at the meet if at all possible.

f=ma
05-26-2006, 01:40 PM
rock solid on the sumo deads & speed pulls

keep it up bro

KingWilder
05-26-2006, 01:57 PM
damn, you're a beast

next time you do squats would you mind making a video...I'm trying to improve my form and I think it'd help

KevinStarke
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
f=ma - Thanks man, the 455 pull didnt feel too bad didnt really stick at any point too hard. I think if I wasnt sick and was pulling in my suit I could get 480 at least at the moment.

KingWilder - Yah im squatting heavy next wednesday (HOPEFULLY in my suit). I'm by no means a "perfect" squatter, im constantly trying to work my form and what not. I think i've got my form down alright though and i'll definitelly try to take a video of some squats.

KevinStarke
05-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Haha, i think sniffing that ammonia during my workout today cured whatever sickness it is I had, i feel fine now (knock on wood).

DumbellDude
05-26-2006, 07:48 PM
the least impressive lifts man. i like how the camera shakes according to the weight droped on the floor...

KevinStarke
05-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Haha thanks man. My body is beeeeeat today, a good beat though. Lower back is sore but not "overworked" sore like it used to be, sumo deads are much more friendly to my lower back.

drew
05-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Really nice pullin' bro.

Go back and watch how you started that 405, and try to do that every time. The 455 would have come up faster if you had started it the same way. Always pull like it's going to go up fast.

KevinStarke
05-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks man i'll try that

Coke
05-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Was having difficulty getting those vids up but I'm sure you are badda$$ as always...in full effect mode here bro.

Time+Patience
05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
You take pride in your Deadlifts the most don't you?

I do both stances for Deadlifts. When it comes to PLing I have 2 use the sumo stance, but when I'm looking 2 really work all the back muscles I'll go conventional.

Just skimmed through your journal, going 2 look back through on it.

DGabe24
05-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Always impressive Kev, just work on getting that shirt on and Im sure you'll tear those comps up :thumbup:

KevinStarke
05-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Coke - Thanks man!

You take pride in your Deadlifts the most don't you?

Time+Patience - Hardly, I just havnt made any deadlift progress in a long time so im pretty happy about this pull. Deadlift is my worst lift, I have short as arms and am more of a bench press specialist. As for this journal its like my 3rd or 4th and I just started it so theres only a few workouts listed but my others might be floating around somewhere in the journal section.

DGabe - Thanks man, hopefully it'll come by Tuesday.

Sensei
05-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I've said this in other threads, but your training is going great!! Congrats on the PRs and the new job!

KevinStarke
05-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks man, if my shirt comes tomorrow i'll hopefully have some good benching to show.

McIrish
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
solid PR, beast. so whats the cure for bicep tendonitis, pray tell?

f=ma
05-29-2006, 04:50 PM
rest

KevinStarke
05-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I dont really know? It hurts alot sometimes but I just give it a little time and it goes away till I lift again.

drew
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Does it hurt more when you're on your period?

KevinStarke
05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Not at all cause im always too busy stuffing myself with icecream. Still no bench shirt yet, guess I should expect it to take a while since this ones custom fitted. I'm also gonna be very tight on time tomorrow and will most likelly have to lift before shipments usually get here so it looks like another RAW bench week, oh well.

Rex
05-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Congrats on the Deadlift PR. You've certainly worked hard for it!

biggimp
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
good deadlifting. at the end of the 455 video did you say "smoke rocks?"

also, your 5x5 was nice squatting. if you are a woman.

KevinStarke
05-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Haha yah I said smoke rocks... the 265 5x5 was easy man its the first week of my meet peaking cycle sucka bitch!

Bruteman
05-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Great pulls bro'.

Interested in seeing what you can do with a bench shirt on. Probably just demoralize me some more.

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Great pulls bro'.

Interested in seeing what you can do with a bench shirt on. Probably just demoralize me some more.

HAHA thanks man, I dont know though I could rule with it or I could suck with it I guess we'll see next week.

ericg
05-30-2006, 07:37 AM
All these posts and only one workout?? At least it was a PR, nice work.

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Ahem... 3 workouts... it was week 1 of my new routine suck my ass! There'll be another today.

f=ma
05-30-2006, 07:58 AM
kevin is a posting machine

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Fun workout today. I was planning on benching shirted today but I called IronGladiators and it still hasnt been shipped out yet, damn custom cut shirts. Was gonna do board presses but there was only 1 other guy in the gym so I just had fun with the workout. Everything went well but the 315 single was pretty sloppy due to having my belt too high, couldnt bring the bar to where I usually bring it but meh, got it up... the rack lockouts felt good and I took a video of one to show people who might not know how to do em, how to do em. That last 1-2" is killer for some people so I think its key to work kit plus im getting a good feel for real heavy weight in my hands. Heres the workout...

Heavy Bench Day:

*Rotator Stuff*

BB Bench Press -
45 x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 2
275 x 3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DZvYNA5cnCQ&search=
275 x 3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=9LNbMune3ug&search=
315 x 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=2OOlqBwcd1U&search=

Rack Lockouts -
45 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
385 x 3
385 x 3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DdFv_wdy2R4&search=

DB Bench -
75 x 8
95 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=MWF32P6S_9Y&search=

Dips -
+45 x 8
+100 x 5
+100 x 5 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XOI-7UH7Haw&search=

Press Downs -
60 x 10
80 x 8
80 x 8

Single Arm Press Downs (Left arm only) -
30 x 15

*Stretching*
*Rotator Stuff*

All in all a solid workout. Everything felt easy especially the 110s, im confident I could handle the 120's or 10 or so fresh, even after all the previous work the 2 sets of 110s wasnt very difficult. The dips felt pretty good too, i'd missed weighted dips very very much.

KingWilder
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I wish I wasn't cutting, I miss doing that much when I go to the gym :(

solid workout (ahaha smoke rock muthaf*cka), don't forget to video some squats if you get a chance :rolleyes:

Sidior
05-30-2006, 03:34 PM
great vids....your shirt is awesome lol

Stumprrp
05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
sweet workout and great videos, extreme arch haha.

drew
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Nice Rack lockouts. lmao.

biggimp
05-30-2006, 04:51 PM
so was that squat day kind of a speed/de day then? because you didnt go easy on the deadlifting 2 days later, lol

very good bench day, your dips are the most amazing though!

Gutz981
05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Sick workout bro. Lovin how you document the lifts. I should start doing that after the cut of course. How exactly do you get those on the pc?

Rex
05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
315 x 1 - [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=

Nice ****ing lift bro!

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Kingwilder - Im squatting tomorrow i'll take some videos.

Sidior - Haha yah man WBB REPRESENT!

Stump - Thanks man, my arch isnt that good.

drew - Haha thanks?

Biggimp - yes actually, if you read my first post you'd see that I said I alternate my squats and deadlifts each week, 1 week has not so heavy 5x5 squats adding weight each week with heavy deadlifts later in the week. The Week 2 is heavy squats and goodmornings and no deadlifting, so yah the squats then were more DE work than anything.

Gutz - thanks man, you should do it. The camera has a wire that plugs in to the computer and then i transfer it over and upload em on youtube.

Rex - Thanks man!

biggimp
05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
sorry i dont remember very well. i read it but that was like 3 weeks ago. lol

i cant wait to see some heavy squat workouts, your dl's are amazing man.

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 08:50 PM
My DL's are alright, they were stagnant for a loooong while but are finally moving. My squats are far from impressive though, my 415 was done in a monolift with a much wider stance than i use now which I hated (thus the reason i've changed my stance). I'll go for some heavy singles/triples tomorrow.

Chubrock
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Damn bro. Nice lifts. Lovin all the vids. You're gettin as bad as me.

DumbellDude
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Solid lifts bro. Thanks for sharing about the rack lockouts man.

KevinStarke
05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Chub - thanks man

Dumbelldude - no problem man I love them, nothing worse than getting a big weight up and burning out before those laaaaaaast few inches of the lockout, thats where the rack lockouts come in.

Coke
05-31-2006, 07:26 AM
Crazy numbers throughout Kevin, and these are not even pr's - :thumbup:

Guido
05-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Those are some really high rack lockouts. I don't think I ever do them from that high. Lovin' da vids, man.

KevinStarke
05-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Coke - Thanks man

Guido - I was taught not to rack lockouts any greater than 2-3" range of motion. Instead if your gonna lower than that I was taught to just do board presses. Any lower on rack presses is just a really unnatural position and just doesnt simulate the actual benching too well.

f=ma
05-31-2006, 12:11 PM
sick dips and benching bro

is lockout your sticking point?? [on bench]

KevinStarke
05-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Not really but it can never be strong enough.

Looks like my video stint is over, the guy whos camera i've been using told me he doesnt want me using his precious camera without him there and we lift at different times so looks like there wont be videos for a while. I also couldnt find any plastic bags today so **** messing with my suit, i'll wait to the slippers get here.

Eszekial
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
That sucks man, your cat won't get to make his second appearance!

drew
05-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Dude, we're benching AND squatting monday. I'll get your suit on ya.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

KevinStarke
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Eszekial - haha HER name is Emily.

Drew - **** that im not squatting on monday, just praying my shirt will get here before then which it probably wont... :(

Gah, it seems like every week I have a mandatory ****ty day... today was that day. Everything just felt like a million pounds.

Heavy Squat Day:

BB Squat -
45 x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 2
315 x 2
335 x 3
365 x 2
335 x 3

GoodMornings (Medium Stance) -
135 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Speed Pulls -
225 x 3 (uhg.. felt really heavy)
225 x 3
225 x 3

HyperExtentions -
+25 x 10
+25 x 10

Pullups -
+45 x 5 (made my shoulders uncomfortable)
+45 x 5

Ez Bar Reverse Curls -
50 x 8
60 x 8
70 x 8

DB Hammer Curls -
35 x 5
50 x 8
50 x 8

Low Cable Rows -
80 x 10
120 x 8
140 x 8
160 x 8

Single Arm High Rows -
1pps x 10 (hammer grip)
1pps+25 x 8 (hammer grip)
1pps+25 x 8 (overhand)

*Assorted ab work*
*Stretched*

Bleh... felt really crappy. I couldnt believe how heavy 225 felt on the "speed" pulls... I just hope my shirt comes before Monday other wise week THREE of benching raw on a "shirted" bench day.

drew
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Are you sumo on the speed pulls? Marc Bartley and Jim Wendler have both said speed pulls with a sumo stance are a bad idea. Maybe use convo. Something to think about.

Nice lifting no matter what broseph.

WBBIRL
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Be gratefull you only have ****ty days, I have ****ty months or years or whatever. Strong lifting either way

Chubrock
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Good session even though it wasn't quite like normal.

KevinStarke
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys, you still commin to bench on Monday drew?

drew
05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Hell yes. I'll most likely be doing some work with the tre.

You gotta let me know how to get to your gym or your house. I'll come straight from work and should be able to get there by 5:30 or so.

DumbellDude
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
I guess s***ty days ARE mandatory bro. How will you appreciate the strong days, otherwise? Strong lifts, regardless.

KevinStarke
06-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Sounds good man i'll talk to you online and give you mapquest directions to the house since my carless ass needs a ride anyway. I dont start work till the 12th so i'm currently broke and it costs 10$ to use the weightroom if thats cool with you. Once I start gettin mah paychecks I'll cover you though. I might work the 2-board, or maybe some full presses, or maybe ME floor presses, or maybe... i dont ****in know.

DumbellDude - Thanks man

Coke
06-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Great job overall man...lots of stuff there.

Goodwinm
06-01-2006, 06:20 AM
awesome stuff Kev. you are a great Inispiration!!

drew
06-01-2006, 07:55 AM
That's cool, I think I can handle 10 bucks.

I'll do whatever the hell you're doing as long as it's not full ROM. I just did those 2 weeks ago.

biggimp
06-01-2006, 10:08 AM
kevin if i call you a whore will you start squatting harder

Guido
06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh, Kev-o. It's gon' be aight.

KevinStarke
06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Coke/Goodwinner - Thanks guys

Drew - Alright sounds good, I dont feel like doing full ROM either, my 2-board is your 3-board when it comes to arm length really and I have both. Hopefully my shirt will get here by Monday..

biggimp - Haha i love squats man squats just dont love me.

Guido - Yah I know I just get pissed and like to complain alot :(

biggimp
06-01-2006, 11:14 AM
yeah i have had times like that as well. just keep at it man, i know you have potential for some big squats if you are pulling 455 in your workouts.

KevinStarke
06-01-2006, 02:07 PM
As much as I didnt like squatting with a wide stance I was so much stronger with it, i squat shoulder width, sometimes a little wider now and I just done feel as strong with a wide stance. I have alot of trouble getting wide in the squat rack and walking the weight out :(

biggimp
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
i dont know what to tell you... i have never squatted wide for long periods before. i am a couple inches outside shoulder width so i really dont know anything about squatting sumo. how long have you been using close stance now? if it hasnt been very long, of course you are going to be weak! i have tried sumo one or two times and i was at least a hundred pounds below what i normally did. just give it time!

Sensei
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
You got a lot of volume in some of your sessions. Having that heavy BP session on Tuesday is bound to make the weight on your shoulders feel like a ton. Nice work.

KevinStarke
06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
biggimp - just a few weeks, im just really impatient especially with an upcomming meet.

sensei - thansk man

WBBIRL
06-01-2006, 05:02 PM
I try to squat wider, it helps with the reduced ROM. If its un naturall for you then do what you have to do.

Stumprrp
06-01-2006, 06:15 PM
workout looked ace to me kev

Gutz981
06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm the same way big guy. I like a narrower stance on my squats. Accually latly I've been going narrower than shoulder width and going atf in hopes of bringing out the sweep in the quad.

Do whats comfortable bud. Looking forward to seeing some numbers man. SMOKE ROCK!

cphafner
06-01-2006, 10:10 PM
great squatting kev.

KevinStarke
06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Oh man, what a night. My woman wanted to see some friends from school in Trumbull today and offered to drop me off in Fairfield to hang out with my boys. I took her up on the offer and went and to celebrate my not smoking anything in the past few weeks I treated to myself to several spliffs and many rounds of Quinns hooka. Sonja came to get me and I invited her in to say hi to my friends and she freaked out and stormed off and the whole way home insisted I "blew smoke in her face" when I did no such thing. She pulled the car over at one point and told me to get out to whic hi responded "...**** you?" of course. I cant stand living with this bitch im pondering the thought of going home tomorrow. There aaaaare alot of persk to being here though, but its driving me crazy.

biggimp
06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
sounds like... fun? lol

women are the devil, always and forever. just remember that.

Guido
06-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Devil inside. Devil inside. Every single woman is the devil inside.

HeavyBomber
06-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I usually don't comment on personal things but Ditch the bitch dude. Life is too short. If you're not happy then move on.

Workouts are looking good.

KevinStarke
06-02-2006, 11:31 PM
The perks to being up here are pretty key so I think i'll stick around for a bit. Got in a nice little speed/active recovery workout today and im feelin pretty good other than the tendonitis acting up a bit. My new shirt came today and the sleeves were cut back 2" shorter than the stock sleeves. They asked for my other measurements as well and im not sure if everything was custom cut but the tag on the shirt says "44" which is a size bigger than the last shirt, hopefully the torso wont be too big on this one now. Benching with drew on Monday so hopefully it'll be a sweet workout. I'd also like to suggest that no one EVER order anything directly from Inzer since they are ******ed and have awefull customer service. I ordered my suit sleeves 3 days before I ordered this custom shirt from an independant provider. The shirt had to be custom cut, then shipped to the provider, and THEN shipped to me and I got it today and STILL havnt gotten my suit slippers from Inzer... Anyway here's my workout..

Speed/AR Day:

*Stationary Bike*
*Rotator Stuff*

Low Box Squats (5-10 Second Rests) -
45 x Lots
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3

Pullthroughs -
Random Weights x Lots

BB Bench -
45 x Lots

HyperExtentions -

*Ton of Rotator Cuff Work*
*Stretching*

Workout felt real good, lower backs felt better than ever the past couple days (knock on wood)

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 12:33 AM
The perks to being up here are pretty key so I think i'll stick around for a bit. Got in a nice little speed/active recovery workout today and im feelin pretty good other than the tendonitis acting up a bit. My new shirt came today and the sleeves were cut back 2" shorter than the stock sleeves. They asked for my other measurements as well and im not sure if everything was custom cut but the tag on the shirt says "44" which is a size bigger than the last shirt, hopefully the torso wont be too big on this one now. Benching with drew on Monday so hopefully it'll be a sweet workout. I'd also like to suggest that no one EVER order anything directly from Inzer since they are ******ed and have awefull customer service. I ordered my suit sleeves 3 days before I ordered this custom shirt from an independant provider. The shirt had to be custom cut, then shipped to the provider, and THEN shipped to me and I got it today and STILL havnt gotten my suit slippers from Inzer... Anyway here's my workout..

Speed/AR Day:

*Stationary Bike*
*Rotator Stuff*

Low Box Squats (5-10 Second Rests) -
45 x Lots
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3

Pullthroughs -
Random Weights x Lots

BB Bench -
45 x Lots

HyperExtentions -

*Ton of Rotator Cuff Work*
*Stretching*

Workout felt real good, lower backs felt better than ever the past couple days (knock on wood)
good stuff dude. God damn, that shirt thing seems like a nightmare!! How much was your shirt of out curiosity.

KevinStarke
06-03-2006, 01:00 AM
165$

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
165$
quite damn expensive! But i spose its worth it in the end.

KevinStarke
06-03-2006, 01:09 AM
We'll know when I try it out, benching with drew on Monday.

drew
06-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Nice squattin today man.

Coke
06-03-2006, 09:27 AM
A lot of people don't realize just how difficult it is to do those squats that way with miminum rest and set after set.

DGabe24
06-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Some sick squats man, and good to hear your lower back is feeling better, and as far as the girl goes, i think before you bounce maybe you two are due for a sit down and a long chat over what you both have in mind. But yea, easier said than done, so good luck with that :P

KevinStarke
06-03-2006, 10:34 AM
drew - thanks man

coke - its cardio for me, i was sweating like a pig

DGabe - Haha nah we've been together almost 3 years now I think were both just pretty bored with it. Theres alot of practicality to being together at the moment though so i think i'll hang around.

DGabe24
06-03-2006, 10:42 AM
oh sh1t lol, 3 years? Kk nm, you know better than me, i've never ventured into that 3 year terrirtory yet :p Again, good luck with that big guy.

KevinStarke
06-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Haha thanks man I got it all under control. Now she's just mad Im growing a beard for the competition. Heavy bench with drew today, goin for some shirt work!

Bruteman
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Girl drama. Isn't it grand? :D

Carefull with the shirt the first time. Don't want to read about you dropping the weight on your face in Drew's journal.

KevinStarke
06-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Haha oh no worries im gonna try my best to not have that happen, just gotta trust drew for a tight spot.

f=ma
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
solid speed day, thats quite a few speed sets at 135

KevinStarke
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks man.

Todays workout was awesome even though I couldnt do any shirt work. The new shirts sleeves came on fine and I got em past my elbows with the suit slippers on which made me happy but I dont know if we couldnt get the shoulders back far enough or what because the chest almost seemed a little loose and folded over a bit. Try as we might we couldnt really figure it out and it just didnt feel like it was on correctly since I wasnt even able to move my arms out far enough to get the grip I usually do on bench, but what the **** do I know. Im gonna give Phil a call this week or next week and see if I can come down and tweak it out a bit with him and see if he can help me get it on correctly. Despite that though the workout was great and I just felt stronger and like I had more energy lifting with someone who wasnt a ****in ******. We both hit PR's on the 3-boards which made me happy.

Heavy Bench Day:

*Rotator Stuff*

BB Bench -
45 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 1
275 x 1

3-Board Bench -
275 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 3
355 x 3 (PR)
365 x 3 (PR)

BB Bench -
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Drew Pullups (Pullups with weight equalling drews big ass :)) -
+35 x 5
+35 x 5
+35 x 8

Low Cable Rows -
100 x 8
130 x 8
160 x 8

Single Arm Tricep Extentions -
20 x 8
30 x 8
35 x 8

Seated DB Cleans -
10 x 15
10 x 15

*Rotator Cuff Stuff*

All in a very solid workout, the PR's on 3-board make me happy and more confident I can get a good number in the shirt... if I can ever GET IT ON! Meh... still have 2.5 months till the meet so I have time to get it on but i'd like to get in it and learn it ASAP.

Chubrock
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Damn bro. Very nice workout. So how many chins did Drew do at his weight haha?

HeavyBomber
06-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm impressed -three board presses were excellent and all those box squats the other day with mimimal rest would have kicked my butt.

WBBIRL
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
I should 3 board press, but im in much the same situation as you are... the fellow members of my gym are gonads and I dont like to lift with any of them.

Damn nice PR on those 3 boards, is it universal that your weight goes up on the 3 boards??

drew
06-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Damn bro. Very nice workout. So how many chins did Drew do at his weight haha?
10, 3, 4 :D

Kev, you forgot about your 5xBW set on pullups. With the midget box.

Mondays are going to kick ass from here on out. :thumbup:

BTW, door to door in 40 minutes. Yowza.

KevinStarke
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Chub - Drew did real well for being the big toddler-esque looking fellow he is. He nailed 10 pullups which I think was a PR, no?

HB - Thanks man, I never do cardio so I like to get my sweat on while I work out.

WBBIRL - Not universal no, it all depends on your tricep/lockout strength. I happen to have pretty decent tricep/lockout strength which is why my board presses are higher. For the most part an experienced bencher will have a stronger lockout and therefore a better board press. Give em a shot they're fun and real tricep killers.

Drew - haha all hail the midget box! 40 minutes is solid man, takes like 35-40 to get to Fairfield from here too. Monday shall rule man this was week one and we both nailed PR's.

drew
06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah Kev, the 10 reps was a PR at my current weight.

Guido
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow. Driving 40 minutes each way to do a 40 minute workout. You truly are hardcore. :thumbup:

drew
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
It was much longer than 40 minutes.

I also only had to drive half way to get there since I was going from work.

DGabe24
06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Good sh1t on that 3board bro. Double PR is somethin else, and keep at it with the shirt. You should be fine by the comp. Keep hittin the weights like u have been big dog :thumbup:

KevinStarke
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks man. Eddie Debus invited me to come stay at his place for a weekend in Long Island and lift with him at Iron Island where some of the best shirted benchers in New England train to learn the shirt. I start work on the 12th so once I make some money and figure out my schedule i'd definitelly like to take him up on his offer. As for my shirt I think what drew and I did wrong was pull the shoulders back incorrectly which is why we couldnt get them back any further. We'll try a few things different next week.

biggimp
06-06-2006, 12:04 AM
awesome workout. see why i was upset by my 3 boards today? LOL

did you try rotating your shirt sleeves? if they are turned in or out too much it makes mobility damn near impossible...

KevinStarke
06-06-2006, 01:40 AM
They looked alligned pretty ok, pretty positive it was the shoulder positioning. Probably shouldnt have picked the Rage X for my first shirt... but shall tame thee! Thanks man.

Coke
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
That would be great to get Phil back into the fold to help tweak things, he is ace next to Drew of course - :D

You guys rocked in there, and to think it may happen again and again makes me a little jealous, lol.

KevinStarke
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Haha thanks Coke, yah I miiiiiight call Phil but i'd like to give it another shot next week myself. Drew convinced me not to keep going like I usually do yesterday and typically kill my chest for the rest of the week. Yesterday was a sick workout today there is only very slight DOMS in my chest and the most sore area is my upper back from the rows and pullups. This is very good since i really wanna bench twice a week.

KevinStarke
06-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Solid workout today, this week is a 5x5 week with squats so nothing too crazy today. Someone asked if I could make a squat video so I did just that. The point of today isnt to go too crazy since i deadliftin heavy on Friday this week. I wear the belt on 5x5 day to save my lower back any fatigue so I can kill it on heavy deadlift day. The 275 was no problem and I opted to do 3 sets of 5 and 3 sets of 3 instead of 5 sets of 5 to play with stance. Still debating whether to do heavy full range pulls or heavy rack pulls on Friday, any suggestions? I'd like to try whatever I do with my suit bottems on, just not sure how im gonna get em on myself... anyway here's today workout...

5x5 Squat Day:

*Rotator Stuff*

BB Squat -
BW x 10
45 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 2
275 x 1
275 x 5
275 x 5 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DD6G1w1p7BA
275 x 5
275 x 3 (Usual Stance)
275 x 3 (Little Wider..)
275 x 3 (Little Wider...)
135 x 5 (ATF)

Hyper Extentions -

Squat Jumps -

*Calve Stuff*
*Lots of Stretching*
*Rotator Stuff*

I played around with the stance on the triples, I think I liked the little bit wider than stance than I usually do (second triple). I dont know though...

drew
06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Looks good. You gotta get a little more upright and get your arch tighter.

DGabe24
06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Nice squattin man, but in your squats it looks like you are leaning forward a little too much. I know I'm not all that experienced to give advice yet :/ But try keeping your back more perpendicular to the ground. Other than that, sounds like things are looking good for you. Getting with Drew and Phil sounds pretty damn promising for ur future ;)

KevinStarke
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I dont know if its my body structure or if its becaues I moved my stance in so much since Hollywoods but I have a much harder time keeping my back straight with the closer stance. This is why i'm thinking of widening my stance again because I can definitelly see and feel the lean. Squat is my worst lift..

Stumprrp
06-06-2006, 07:48 PM
looks good to be dude pretty deep also! a bit below parallel

SpecialK
06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I just noticed I hadn't posted in your new journal yet. Your workouts are looking good, here's some encouragement: :spam: :spam: :spam:

DumbellDude
06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
solid benching and squats man. so we expect to see lots of PRs in the next few weeks every monday? Still 275 is solid lift for your worst lift man.

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Stump - Thanks man

SpecialK - HAHA love the avatar man

Dumbelldude - My squat strength isnt the issue i have pretty strong legs, its just my stance and form that need work.

biggimp
06-07-2006, 03:54 AM
so were you working in squats with your grandma? thats womanly weight...

jk/ good DE day man. although i dont understand your rep scheme.

275x1, then x5, x5, x5, then x3, x3, x3

Coke
06-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Really went all out with the squats, nice workout.

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Biggimp - Haha this day isnt about weight man. As for my rep scheme I did that for a reason, even though i'm hitting parallel theres too much forward lean due to my stance and it was pissing me off so I opted to scrap the last 2 sets of 5 and do 3 sets of 3 switching my footing each time.

Coke - Thanks brudda.

Alright RANT time!

I went to see The Omen last night which was an alright movie. It was sold out and it took forever to get in to the freakin theatre. Once I got in I could tell this was gonna be bad. People would not SHUT THE **** UP! Yelling and blabbing on their cell phones and being overall obnoxious. The movie started and I figured they'd finally settle down... NOPE. Some BITCH in front of me was using her "boost" mobile phone the whole time with that horrible "BLEEEP!" walky talky **** goin on. When someone in the movie would do something heroic EVERY other patron than me thought it would apparently be awesome to clap loudly like the actor was gonna turn to them and say, "..thank you audience ;)". I wished I breathed napalm so I could have rid myself of every theatre goer there.... gah...

Also my situation here in Newtown is gettin to me. Drew can vouch for how sweet I have it here so "dude get out of there man, go back home!" wont mean **** to me. Sonjas really a great girl and its almost been 3 years now but our relationship is like a joke. We hangout sooooometimes and its always pretty awkward. We rarely have sex anymore especially since she goes to bed at like 9pm and im usually tired by 1-2am. I just find myself fiending like every girl I see like some creepy horney old man. I see every little detail of every womans curves like i'm some kind of pussy finding cyborg. Her and her whole family are at work all day and it always ends up being me and her metrosexual brothers hot girlfriend with the house to ourselves. Theres definitelly flirtation going on an we often go to the gym together in the morning, or walk around town and what not. Does contemplating hooking up with my girlfriends brothers girlfriend in my girlfriends own house make me a bad person...? Nah I dont think so... I just need this summer to end and to get back home right by da beach... with all the skantly clad biatchs.

Sidior
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Go for it! It isn't quite the sister belt, but it's a step closer.

Rex
06-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Does contemplating hooking up with my girlfriends brothers girlfriend in my girlfriends own house make me a bad person...?

No. Thinking about it is fine, acting on it is bad.

If you do go through with it, at least break up with your girlfriend immediately afterwards. lol

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Sidior - haha niether of are married to our respective partners so I see no foul.

Rex - ... why?