PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein?

zeek39
05-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey first off, I am starting to watch my diet now, I am 6'4 205 lbs.... I'd like to gain some bulk, while doing cardio every day, which of course takes away lbs. So I was thinking of bulking up using whey protein as a substitute for one or two of the three meals I eat per day. This way I am taking in healthy stuff right? Is this a good idea? Also what type of brand of whey protein is good.. I know there are many types, but I'd like to start somewhere... Appreciate all the comments ahead of time!

getfit
05-15-2006, 03:58 AM
you want to bulk and drop lbs?*confused*

KingWilder
05-15-2006, 07:56 AM
A lot of people here will probably tell you to try Nitrean

if you don't want to spend that much I would go with Optimum Whey

also if you're trying to "gain bulk" you might want to drop cardio to twice a week or not at all

ddegroff
05-15-2006, 10:31 AM
You can't gain lbm and lose bf at the same time. Subing protein shakes for meals will help you cut calories, which will lead to weight loss. BUT adding protein shakes doesn't just make you gain lbm.

Pick one, bulk or cut.

seK
05-15-2006, 10:37 AM
You can't gain lbm and lose bf at the same time. Subing protein shakes for meals will help you cut calories, which will lead to weight loss. BUT adding protein shakes doesn't just make you gain lbm.

Pick one, bulk or cut.
Some people can but yes it isn't very often that we see someone that can naturally.

Also to OP cardio won't necessarily make you shed lbs and you really won't lose any weight on a proper bulking diet.
As for the protein, http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family Is what I use.

If I had the money though I would ditch it all together and get it from food, having a shake on a cut really doesn’t help with hunger