PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein?

zeek39
05-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey first off, I am starting to watch my diet now, I am 6'4 205 lbs.... I'd like to gain some bulk, while doing cardio every day, which of course takes away lbs. So I was thinking of bulking up using whey protein as a substitute for one or two of the three meals I eat per day. This way I am taking in healthy stuff right? Is this a good idea? Also what type of brand of whey protein is good (cheap and effective).. I know there are many types, but I'd like to start somewhere... Appreciate all the comments ahead of time!

Keith
05-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Substitute whey for meal"s" you intake per day? Definately not a good idea. Shakes are very easy to take down even when your full. Search around on here for different recipes you can make with your shake. If you want to bulk, figure out your maintenance calories and stay 10-20% above. Dont worry about different name brands. Theres not too much of a difference. Stick with something relatively cheap and EAT!

WORLD
05-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah I wouldn't recommend substitution at all. If anything, add these shakes on top of your other meals for extra calories. But before everything, Keith is right, find your maintenance calories, and stay 10-20% above that number. Take in 1g plus of protein per lb of your body weight, and make sure you get your good fats.
Btw, you will find that you will need to be eating more than 3 meals a day. Somewhere around 5-7 meals is what you should be aiming for.

Optimum08
05-15-2006, 04:53 PM
jesus man, out of your 5 posts 2 have started threads about the same god damn subject. whey protein is just an extra way to get protein into your body and is in the liquid form so its easier to get down. its not a miracle supplement and you wont get teh huGGEEE from it. think of it liked powdered chicken breast.