PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a healthier way to get drunk????

HILL
05-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Saturday night me and a couple of mates decided we would get drunk. We had the vodka but no lemonade,coke or anything however my mam had some flavoured fizzy water. We decided this was better than nothing and drank away. This stuff was gorgouse actually better than with just lemonade we thought.

My thoughts are you are saving cals from any mixer you would normally have with vodka. Also it is recommended that you drink water while drinking alcohol to rehydrate yourself well surely this is covering this aspect as well.

Any other thoughts on this? i just thought it was interesting you could say a drunken brain storm

betastas
05-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Good idea. I'm a fan of scotch on the rocks. I don't drink beer anymore just because of the amount of hard liquor I can consume instead. I also cut it with a bit of plain water just to dillute it and make it last longer.

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Saturday night me and a couple of mates decided we would get drunk. We had the vodka but no lemonade,coke or anything however my mam had some flavoured fizzy water. We decided this was better than nothing and drank away. This stuff was gorgouse actually better than with just lemonade we thought.

My thoughts are you are saving cals from any mixer you would normally have with vodka. Also it is recommended that you drink water while drinking alcohol to rehydrate yourself well surely this is covering this aspect as well.

Any other thoughts on this? i just thought it was interesting you could say a drunken brain storm

If your concerned about calories and what not the rule of thumb is; "the harder the better". If you want to get drunk go with vodka, gin, rum, wiskey etc. Usually plain hardass liquors. Stay away from the beer and mixed drinks. If you wanna drink water while your drunk go for it. Although when im plastered water is usually the last thing on my mind...

-jordan

RedSpikeyThing
05-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, that is definately a BETTER way to get drunk. If you want really hard liquor get Al Kool (not sure of spelling). It is 180+ proof.

I belief is, if you don't get drunk that often, go balls out when you do. Don't worry about your cals, just enjoy yourself!

Also, water is KEY when drinking. I've heard drink water in a 1:1 ratio with booze. I just drinking a couple of pints before I go to bed.

HILL
05-16-2006, 03:20 AM
well thats what id heard and i no keeping hydrated is important when drinking. this way everytime you are having a drink your also having a glass of water and it tastes good to

charles_316
05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
definitely keep drinking water while boozin!! it'll save you the next day from a major hangover

ciscorob5
05-17-2006, 04:49 AM
make a whey shake and spike it with chocolate liquer (lady godiva).

Tastes great, gets you trashed, gives you your protein.

only drawback is the turmoil involved in the porcelain parade the next morning ;)

WORLD
05-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I say just dont drink as often. And before you go to bed, eat some McDonalds!! so you will give your body something to eat through the night.

Jordanbcool
05-17-2006, 11:24 AM
make a whey shake and spike it with chocolate liquer (lady godiva).

Tastes great, gets you trashed, gives you your protein.

only drawback is the turmoil involved in the porcelain parade the next morning ;)

Hill please never do this. Depending on how much you drink this can be really hard on your liver. Most people's livers can take a HUGE beating but if you drink alot and take a ton of protein or something dumb like that you can have some serious problems doing it over a long period...

-jordan

Alcohol and bodybuilding should remain seperate. Drinking is fun no doubt, so dont worry about protein while having some fun. I really think its better for you.

WORLD
05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Damn Jordan, you make me look so small when you post under me. You and your pic of that giant back.

Jordanbcool
05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Damn Jordan, you make me look so small when you post under me. You and your pic of that giant back.

Thats not my back lol. Im bigger then you but not THAT much bigger. If that was my back i'd be in the mr. olympia competing.

That my friend is kevin levrone my favorite bodybuilder. Click on the link in my sig if you want to see his video. Truly a god among men.

O i'd KILL for that back........

-jordan

Actually my back is slightly bigger then yours but you are more cut then me. I only like to get too 10% BF and no lower. Most of my weight is in my thighs and butt. I have huge glutes and quads. All muscle too. Really want to get my upper body up to par with the rest of me.....Chest and biceps arent too shabby but my back really needs work I think. I'll post pictures after my PSMF is done.

MantiXX
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, that is definately a BETTER way to get drunk. If you want really hard liquor get Al Kool (not sure of spelling). It is 180+ proof.
I belief is, if you don't get drunk that often, go balls out when you do. Don't worry about your cals, just enjoy yourself!

Also, water is KEY when drinking. I've heard drink water in a 1:1 ratio with booze. I just drinking a couple of pints before I go to bed.

Had an ole moose hunting buddy (we were drinking something like Al Kool) and he had to take a leak and left the cabin. We watched him walk outside, unzip, start to go and literally fall backwards and there was this little stream up in the air as he wizzed on himself...LOL...... Da.mn, I'm laughing just remembering it....

Anyways, its really strong stuff....

BG5150
05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Just remember my drinking buddies: alcohol in the system inhibits protein production by up to 30%. That's why you see all those old drunks with big liquor bellies and skinny arms and legs--their muscles get catabolic due to little protein.

Optimum08
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Everclear, soemthing like 90-95% alcohol, smells like rubbing alcohol, and is possibly the worst swallow in the history of alcohol. But it will get the job done.

Phelon
05-17-2006, 10:18 PM
psttt. party animals.

::chugs vodka:::

RedSpikeyThing
05-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Just remember my drinking buddies: alcohol in the system inhibits protein production by up to 30%. That's why you see all those old drunks with big liquor bellies and skinny arms and legs--their muscles get catabolic due to little protein.

That plus the hundred/thousands of cals from drinking tons beer and/or mix with their liquor.

Had an ole moose hunting buddy (we were drinking something like Al Kool) and he had to take a leak and left the cabin. We watched him walk outside, unzip, start to go and literally fall backwards and there was this little stream up in the air as he wizzed on himself...LOL...... Da.mn, I'm laughing just remembering it....

Anyways, its really strong stuff....

Thats AWSOME! I had a friend who would put ~5 shots in a 2L bottle of kool aid. Lets just say it was a short night.