PDA

View Full Version : psmf refeed

PoutineEh
05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
sounds like this subject has been beaten to death, but thought id ask one last question. im on my 2nd week of psmf and am going to do my 2nd refeed tomorrow. as i understand it, im supposed to eat enough carbs on a refeed day to come about 500+- my maintenance. thing is, i dont know my actual maintenance. should i just assume its my lbm*15 = maintenance cals? also, would you say its better to overeat on carbs by a few hundred calories than to undereat, or should i just shoot for maintenance if i had to choose one?

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 02:41 PM
sounds like this subject has been beaten to death, but thought id ask one last question. im on my 2nd week of psmf and am going to do my 2nd refeed tomorrow. as i understand it, im supposed to eat enough carbs on a refeed day to come about 500+- my maintenance. thing is, i dont know my actual maintenance. should i just assume its my lbm*15 = maintenance cals? also, would you say its better to overeat on carbs by a few hundred calories than to undereat, or should i just shoot for maintenance if i had to choose one?

Finding out your maintenance is a biotch on things like this. Uhhhh. I have no clue what to say. I was wondering what to do myself when I got off my PSMF. I was thinking about just guesstimating. For example. My maintenance used to be 3300. After this PSMF (and the 2 months before this that i've been dieting) Im going to say its dropped to 2800-3000. Then I'll play around with the numbers for a few weeks till I find out and go from there.

IMO on a refeed its better to go over 500 cals then under 500 cals. Refeeds are just that. A refeed. It keeps your body in a somewhat better state then if you were to straight PSMF. Not only that it protects your LBM and gives you some energy when you go back on your PSMF.

Try the 15xLBM if you'd like. You know your body the best. Other then that someone like brickt or anyone thats done this before would know alot more then me. Maybe my post will bump this up so more people can help out.

-jordan

PoutineEh
05-15-2006, 11:25 PM
yea, ill try to hit my maintenance cals on spot, or go a little over. thanks for the reply.

Jordanbcool
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
yea, ill try to hit my maintenance cals on spot, or go a little over. thanks for the reply.

Well I'm making this post again partly as a bump. I was sure someone else would respond after mine.

I would really start from what you already know and go from there. Hopefully you found your maintenance earlier before you started dieting. If so you can play around with those numbers much like I plan to do. If not then you will have to get a general area with which you can work with. You said your at 20%? I think thats what you said or someone said it I cant remember. What are your stats? Bodyweight, LBM, bodyfat percentage and how long you've been dieting/how much weight you've lost. Maybe then we can come up with some artifical numbers for you to go on. Most of it is really dumb luck and expirementation so dont feel bad or worry if its not 100% accurate.

-jordan

IronJay
05-16-2006, 12:40 PM
psmf? I have been debating on whether or not I should ask. What is it?

JaCelica2k
05-16-2006, 12:48 PM
psmf? I have been debating on whether or not I should ask. What is it?

protein sparing modified fast....basically a liquid diet with lots of protein.

Jordanbcool
05-16-2006, 12:55 PM
protein sparing modified fast....basically a liquid diet with lots of protein.

Sorry to say but thats a terrible way to describe it.

PSMF is basically a starvation diet where you eat SOLID foods to keep hunger down and motivation up. Workouts are usually full body done twice a week. You are allowed an unlimited amount of veggies, diet soda, water and other non-calorie (or very low) foods. Protein will consist of 75%-90% of your total diet. PSMF is only for very overweight people. The only other reason you would be doing a PSMF is if you have a competition to go too or want to look good for a special occasion.

-jordan

IronJay
05-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok, thanks

PoutineEh
05-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Well I'm making this post again partly as a bump. I was sure someone else would respond after mine.

I would really start from what you already know and go from there. Hopefully you found your maintenance earlier before you started dieting. If so you can play around with those numbers much like I plan to do. If not then you will have to get a general area with which you can work with. You said your at 20%? I think thats what you said or someone said it I cant remember. What are your stats? Bodyweight, LBM, bodyfat percentage and how long you've been dieting/how much weight you've lost. Maybe then we can come up with some artifical numbers for you to go on. Most of it is really dumb luck and expirementation so dont feel bad or worry if its not 100% accurate.

-jordan

alright, well i started the diet at 193 with id say between 20-22% bf. so LBM is around 154 lbs. after two weeks of psmf, i measured in at 183. probably about 3-6 lbs of the lost weight was water. i appreciate the help, btw.

i tried gettig about 400g of carbs today for my refeed, but i think i failed miserably. it was a lot harder getting all those carbs in than i thought it would be. i tried pigging out on cheerios and pita bread at the end of the night, but if i were to guess, i only got about 200-300g of carbs for my refeed total. next one, im going to have to start eating a lot more carbs earlier in the day. im just upset my family finished off the goldfish before my refeed day. i probably wouldve achieved my carb goal if i had some of those. ahh well, ill do better next time.

brickt.
05-17-2006, 04:42 AM
When you refeed you usually go way over maintenance.

Jordan, like I said, PIGOUT after you do your 2 weeks, with lots of carbs. You need them to stimulate the hormone Leptin.

Jordanbcool
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
When you refeed you usually go way over maintenance.

Jordan, like I said, PIGOUT after you do your 2 weeks, with lots of carbs. You need them to stimulate the hormone Leptin.

I plan on doing a PSMF for 13 straight days then going to a buffet twice on the 14th day. Depending on how much I can eat I might even go to burger king or something. Basically total trash but I guess its a good reward. I wont eat too much crap, probably make some pretty good choices at the buffet. Man I cant wait. Havent been to a buffet in months. Last week I had my first snickers bar in 13 months and it was heaven....

-jordan

O yea brickt; my PSMF has been going much better then I thought. I did my first full body workout and didnt go down a single lift. I also went up in my tricep pulldowns! Check out the journal if you want.