PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Away - fhornheads journey

fhornhead
05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Wow! I don't know quite where to begin, so I am going to break it all down as best I can. My current Stats:

6'1"
220 pounds
43 years old
36" waist

I have been a member of this board for about 3 years, but rarely make any posts. I have been an anonymous "learner" for the majority of that time. Reading daily, checking out journals and pics and aquiring inspiration for my goals. I am starting this today in hopes of creating some self imposed expectations..... just trying to keep myself in check.

Now, these are my stats before I started working out.

6'1"
400 pounds
39 years old
58" waist

I'm going to blow your mind with some after pictures, but that will come in the next post. I have not really recorded any measurements of my muscles (bi's, tri's, hams, quads, etc) because that was not important to me at the beginning of my journey, but now I wish I had them. Losing over 175 pounds has changed my life without a doubt. But I will never look like one of you guys due to the loose skin factor. I hope everything will tighten up over time, but I have been in a holding pattern on weight now for over 6 months and I can not tell that things are tighter, but it is hard to judge yourself sometimes. I lost this weight without any surgery or diet aids. Only working out and diet control. I bought a Mountain Bike about 2 years ago to facilitate the exercise. First bike I have ridden since I was in college.... 17 years earlier. Now I ride constantly.

My current workout routine consists of some form of cardio daily with muscle toning exercises, but I have only been lifting once a week. Kinda hitting all general muscle groups at once. I have overcome some injuries on my journey, one of those being a rotator cuff injury that pissed me off an entire summer. Working through the pain has paid off though. It's all better, but I am still weaker than average in my opinion. I have become addicted to cardio! I do step, kickboxing and spinning for the most part and muscle toning (you know.... those little colored coded dumbells), but once a week I lift for real. I want to increase that and break up the workout. Iím not quite sure how Iím going to split my workout yet, so I am going to experiment a bit.

Time is a factor since I work M-F from 8am to 5pm. I usually go to the gym directly after work and am there an hour plus. I am also a musician and that takes a lot of time too. Many times I have been on stage in a tux stewing that I had to miss the gym to come to this gig or rehearsal. Summer time is way slower in the music business (except July 4th) so luckily I wonít have to worry about that until August 15th or so.

Another very positive for me is recently gaining my Spinning Certification, which I am happily using at my gym. I teach one class a week and sub and I only hope I can inspire others to do something positive for themselves. A big positive about working at the gym??? Employees get to use the gym for FREE!!!! Hurray! Plus I get paid to teach. I will be getting my Group training certification in July unless something snags. Yet another goal to keep things fresh and exciting.

OK, hereís my before pictures. I held my weight pretty well while standing, but sitting is a different ball park.

McIrish
05-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Hell yeah FHH, way to take control of your life. Just a recommendation - try a lifting split in addition to the cardio. Your body won't know what hit it!! :thumbup:

fhornhead
05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
i just took these a few minutes ago. maybe something shirtless after summer or around christmas depending on how my recomposition progresses.

kw1k
05-16-2006, 01:40 AM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

fhornhead
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
ok, i'm going to make it a habit to come here everyday after the gym to record my work.... even if I dont achieve my goal.

Today was not like I wanted it to go since I did no lifting and all cardio. I did work on abs, but I was hoping to isolate and split. maybe I'll call this my day off :)

Ill try again tommorrow..... tt

fhornhead
05-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Well, here's what I've got today....

10 min cardio - spin bike

upper
87.5lb Chest Press 3x15
50lb Preacher Curls 3x15
50lb Shoulder Press 3x15
75lb Tri Press 3x15

lower
160 lb Leg Press 3x15
160 lb Calf Raises 3x15
100 lb Leg Curl 3x15
100 lb Leg Lifts (quads) 3x15
1x10 Leg Raises

75 min cardio group class - turbo kick
about 45 mins of cardio and 30 minutes of other misc exercises (ie:lunges, squats, upper body with weights, lower body with weights, and a killer ab workout) awesome flexibility and balance stuff too.

Tommorrows goals?

work 8-5
teach spin class 5:30 - 6:30
meeting (music crap) 7pm - 9pm

no lifting tommorrow because of time. sux! im gonna have to take my dumbells to the office so I can catch up at least on upper body. Looking to accomplish a split starting on Friday. be back tommorrow...... tt

fhornhead
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
well, everything went as expected. with the exception of the major high I got from my spin class. I kicked everyones butt as well as my own. I love it when people come in and work hard. good stuff!

tommorrow's goal?

Upper body work
abs
cardio (45 minutes)

see you tamale

If you have ever driven I-95 in NC or SC, you will recognize this...... Pedro's weather forcast is "Chili today" and "Hot Tamale". haha....crazy stuff.

fhornhead
05-20-2006, 06:41 PM
im such a slug!

Friday - 45 minutes cardio and 15 minutes abs.

Saturday - 4 hours+ of doing yard work at my mom's house. she doesn't have a yard, she has a jungle. I'm trying to change that. I think I burned a bunch of calories today.

alas, no lifting to report.

tommorrow?

I'm going to ride my bike if the weather report is correct. hope to make it to the gym to lift. :)

fhornhead
05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Sunday - I fell off my bike, lol. I rode for about 16 miles and was clipped in and stopped..... you bikers know what I mean. I see it all the time. You are stopped, one foot on the ground, one still clipped in and for some reason you end up shifting your weight the other direction and can't clip out fast enough. ahhhh, sweet pavement. anyway, small bumps, nothing major. Got a decent work out regardless.

Monday - Finally, I got my butt in gear and did what I wanted to do.

Upper Body

80lb Chest Press 3x15
50lb Preacher Curls 3x15
50lb Shoulder Press 3x15
70lb Tri Press 3x15
70lb Back 3x15

Cardio

45 minutes of mind altering step aerobics. motivating instructor! she has a following of folks that are serious about getting their heart rates up. Im one of them :)

till tommorrow.

Patz
05-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Your progress is phenomenal...truly.

That said, I'm quite positive you can take it to that next level you want by dumping most of that cardio and hitting the weights hard, and heavy. You mentioned "toning" class in that first post..lol..I hope that was a joke, considering the amount of time you've spent around here.

It's no problem to teach a spin class and get in some regular cardio, but if you get a bodybuilding split and hit some heavy weights (i.e. free weight bench press, squats, deadlifts, rows, chinups, pullups, etc) you WILL be amazed at how your body responds. All that cardio is negatively affecting your muscle mass, unless you're eating **** tons of protein. You being someone who's been dieting for a while, I don't think that's the case. Your arms look pretty lean. I'd say you have the arms of someone with a typical 15% bodyfat, which is superb. But, you have loose skin like you said.

There's two ways to conquer that loose skin at your age (no offense!)..

1. surgery

2. fill it with muscle mass

#2 is much more fun..

You might have to do what you probably fear most, and bulk. It's the only way you'll put on that much-needed muscle. But, you'll see changes in your body that you love.

If you feel you still have more fat to lose, that's fine. Lose that fat if you like, but you'll be much better off to do it using the calorie-burning and muscle MAINTAINING benefits of lifting in the 3-12 rep range with a bodybuilding routine. Continuing with all that cardio will bring you more weight loss, but you'll start dropping muscle (if you haven't already to some degree), which will basically keep you looking exactly the same and thereby deflating your resolve to continue what is the best decision you've ever made..

McIrish
05-22-2006, 08:39 PM
:withstupi

I'm similarly inspired - keep it up, man. It's a great new lease on life, eh?

fhornhead
05-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Tuesday - only Cardio (45 minutes)

Wednesday - lower body

200 lb Leg Press 3x10
200 lb Calf Raises 3x10
112.5 lb Leg Curl 3x10
112.5 lb Leg Lifts (quads) 3x10
2x10 Leg Raises/Abs

I'm reducing my reps from 15 to 10 and bumping the weight up.

upper body
i just touched UB briefly to kill time

100lb Chest Press 2x10
62.5lb Shoulder Press 3x10

cardio
75 minutes.

fhornhead
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
mrelwooddowd- dude, thanks for the awesome comments. you said things that I needed to hear and gave me a good bit to think about. Even though I really enjoy cardio, Im sure I need to cut back. and yes, the muscle toning was a joke.... i consider that cardio.

I'm already taking your advice and increasing weight and reducing reps. I'm also considering hiring a personal trainer for about 12 sessions to get me where I need to be. I really, REALLY need a training partner, but haven't really looked for one as of yet. Maybe one will fall in my lap one day soon. (fingers crossed)

You are so right about one thing.... the thought of gaining weight scares the crap outta me. I'll get through it though. thanks man!

McIrish- dude, thank you so much for the support. If I think too hard about all that I have accomplised, it is very easy to get teary over it. It's the best feeling in the world and to know that I did it on my own (no surgery or pills) is the best part. It's the best mid-life crisis a person could hope for.... and a lot cheaper than a Stingray or Z car. This is truely going to be the best summer of my life and I can not wait.

Im getting things started this weekend. Im going to Washington DC to ride the bike trails and see DC from a different perspective. We are planning to be out all day on Saturday and Sunday. the weather is supposed to be almost perfect. I could not have done something like this 3 years ago, so I am totally siked. peace out McIrish and again, thanks for your support.

fhornhead
05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I went to DC over Memorial Day weekend. Haven't lifted any weight since Wednesday. Got a killer workout though.... rode just over 50 miles around northern virginia and DC. Trail system up there is pretty nice. Some great hills. Weather was perfect!!!

Well, now Im home and it's back to business.........

fhornhead
06-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Tuesday - Cardio only..... 60 minutes

Wednesday - Lifting only (10 minute cardio warm up)

Upper Body
Chest Press - 3x10 (100 lbs)
Shoulder Press - 3x10 (67.5 lbs)
Tricep Press - 3x10 (100 lbs)
Lat Pulldown - 3x10 (100 lbs)
Preacher Curls - 3x10 (67.5 lbs)

did some crunches/ab work too.

Thursday - Cardio only..... 60 minutes.

On another note, I hired a personnal trainer at the gym a couple days ago. Our first session is this Sunday. I only purchased 12 sessions which I plan to take 3 sessions a week for 2 weeks, then reduce to 2 per week for 2 weeks and then 2 follow up sessions to make sure I'm still on the right path. We are only going to be working with free weights, and mostly upper body which is my very weekest point. My lower body is amazingly better.... i guess the biking really paid off. Plus, I love lunges and squats, the crosstrainer, etc. I really need a workout partner, but for now, I will use my personnal trianer and hope she can introduce me to someone that would be a good fitness level match for me.

good luck me :)

fhornhead
06-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Friday - lifting and cardio

Upper Body
Chest Press - 3x10 (90 lbs)
Shoulder Press - 3x10 (50 lbs)
Tricep Press - 3x10 (60 lbs)
Lat Pulldown - 3x10 (90 lbs)
Preacher Curls - 3x10 (50 lbs)

last day doing machine weights. I won't post again until sunday which will be after my first personnal training session. looking forward to it.

cardio
45 minutes
15 minute ab workout/various crunch, olbique and leg work.

Im planning to do some cardio tommorrow am and work in the yard in the afternoon. Sunday will be weights only.... maybe a short bike ride. :thumbup:

till sunday.......cya

Patz
06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
good work in here. i'm interested to see what the trainer has you doing.

trainers can be pretty hit or miss, unfortunately...

McIrish
06-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Likewise, I'm with mrelwooddowd on that one... I've heard some trainers say some fairly bogus things in my time in the gym (hmm, I'm no expert, but I've eaten a 500-1000 calorie shake every night for the past year, and according to the trainer's calculations, I should have put on 50-100 lbs of pure fat due to all of that energy being magically stored as fat when consumed post-8 p.m.).

At any rate, real solid workouts, horn! I love DC, myself - I'm moving there (most likely VA, actually) come next April. Gosh it's a punch in the nuts - how expensive!

fhornhead
06-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I hurt..... BAD! :) but it's a good hurt. I have worked harder at the gym in the past 3 days than I can remember.

The personal training session smoked my arms/upper body. My upper body is so weak..... and guess what? My left side is way weaker than the right side. It is no doubt from the rotator cuff injury from last summer, but since I had been using the machines instead of free weights, I didn't really know how bad it was. It reared it's head on the military press. left shoulder..... but I feel pretty confident I will get by this before the 6 weeks is up..... i have GOT to find a workout partner.

Saturday

Cardio only.... I know this is kinda bad, but I did 2 hours of cardio. It rained here and the yard work I had planned got cancelled, so I went to the gym and went crazy.

Sunday

Upper Body
Here's the planned breakdown......
Day One - Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders
Day Two - Chest and Back
Day Three - Lower body/legs

Today, we did the following...... 30 minute sessions.
Biceps - Seated Incline Curls alternating...3x10 50lbs
Triceps- Rope Pull Down.... 3x10 60lbs
Shoulders - Upright Military Press... 3x10 40lbs

All this weight seemed way heavier than normal compared to the machine weight I had been lifting (with the exception of the Tricep), but I had to kinda compensate for the weak left side. I noticed a considerable pump compared to normal and I was pretty sore the next day... and still am.

Cardio
45 minutes

Monday

Lower Body
220lbs Leg Press 3x10
220lbs Calf Raises 3x10
100lbs Leg Curls/Hams 3x10
100lbs Leg Lifts/Quads 3x10

Cardio
45 minutes
15 minutes ab/oblique work

I'm packing in as much protein as I can as I am not on a suppliment as of yet.....but planning on taking care of that this week without fail. I will never be able to eat the amount of food to get the required protein. I weigh 220 pounds, so I was planning on a 250g day of protein to start. That is way more than I get now for sure. Can't wait to see how that works for me.

mrelwooddowd
dude, thanks for checking in.... the girl that is training me is someone that I requested. she is a group instructor there as well and has inspired me with her knowledge and energy in the group arena, so I decided to give her a try in the personal arena too. She did not disappoint me. we talked a lot about my goals, and what I needed to do to acheive them. I felt like we were on the same page..... I'll be sure to post my progress with her as I go along. Let me know what you think about the suggested split and any upcoming direction. I'm thinking the following based on the 3 day split.....

Day One - Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders
Day Two - Chest and Back
Day Three - Lower body/legs
Day Four - Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders
Day Five - Chest and Back
Day Six - Lower body/legs
Day Seven - REST <---- this will be Saturday since that is yard boy day for me.

McIrish
she hasn't said anything strange yet, but I have overheard other trainers saying some pretty crazy stuff. Almost like they are talking and don't realize what they are saying....their minds are miles away while their mouth is running in the gym, lol.

dude, NoVa is mega rich! People are commuting way past the HOV lane zones now.... the suburbs of the suburbs of the suburbs.... and so on, haha! If you are lucky enough to live close to a metro stop, you are golden if your job is in DC. It sucks to drive up there. Cars are almost useless.

fhornhead
06-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Tuesday

Upper Body

Back and Chest today with PT.
the following were done on the crossover cables unit
Lat Pull downs 3x10 110 lbs (wide grip)
Pull Downs 3x10 110lbs (close grip)
Chest Press CC 3x10 50lbs
these were done in a seated incline bench
Chest Press DB 3x8 40lbs (met in front like hammer)
Chest Press DB 3x8 40lbs (upward like a bench press)

I was in a rush, so I did not right down the descriptions of these routines. I met with the trainer during lunch. That worked well for me since the sessions are 30 minutes and I get an hour for lunch. I'll get it straight.

Cardio

45 minutes - I really took it easy today and did a "recovery" cardio workout. Very low intensity.... heart rate between 50%-65% of my max. My legs are still smoked from yesterday, so big energy was not happening.

10 minutes abs/obliques...

I'm spent. I plan on doing a cardio class tommorrow, but no lifting. I need recovery time.....my muscles are aching, but it feels great. I'll probably lift again on Thursday, Friday (saturday off) and Sunday for sure.

Saint Patrick
06-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Congrats on all the progress thus far. Good to see you stepping it up and hitting the weights hard.

You may want to re-organize your split a little, the main reason I say that is because you're working chest & back only 24 hours after working your bi's and tri's.

I recommend you swap days 2 and three, and drop the extra lifting on day 4 and take an extra rest day.

Keep in mind that you're working bi's and tri's on chest/back day too.

Good luck with your goals.

fhornhead
06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Just installed a new phone system this week at my job. It's been crazy and I have been forced to stay after regular hours which has severly hindered my schedule. Needless to say, I have not lifted any weights since Tuesday.

Wednesday
60 min cardio / 15 minutes abs/obliques. One Positive this day.... I picked up some Isopure today. tried it, it's OK. I hate the calorie intake, but it seemed like isopure had the most protein per serving. Hard to tell with all the friggin scoop sizes. anyway, im hooked up for a while.

Thursday
had the best class I have had thus far. It was packed with people, the energy was up, and I was stoked. 60 minutes.

Friday
Thought I was going to lift today.... since it was friday. The phone tech did not leave until late. Screwed my lifting up again. I chose cardio. 45 minutes..... I know.... I shouldv'e chose weights, but I've been chowing and I always get afraid when I eat what I want and don't do cardio.

Short term? Tommorrow, I become yard boy, so still no more weights. but sunday, I have a PT session, so I will definitely be lifting then. Hopefully I will be back on task next week.

Patz
06-09-2006, 08:26 PM
You get a PRI at the office?

*hopes that makes any sense*

I agree with StP about the split. I don't see ANY reason to work the tri's separate from chest day. You really can't do one without the help of the other. It only makes sense to put them together. It's the same for back and biceps. I know people like to have an arms day and all, but it really is best to think "push" "pull" "push" (chest/tri's) (back/bi's) (legs/shoulders)...that'll also give you the most recovery ability, and least double-ups on muscles. Really, my delts are the only thing that seems to get doubled-up, but they're overpoweringly big against my physique and probably interefere as a result.

fhornhead
06-13-2006, 11:03 AM
oh yes mrelwooddowd!!! PRI all the way. You know the lingo! awesome. We all have DID's and all the calling features you would have at home. It rocks!

Saturday

Cardio - 60 minutes
did yard work all afternoon. it was hot, but the sunshine was great.

Sunday

Lower Body

Leg Press - 230lbs 3x10
Quad Press - Drop Set starting at 100lbs about 50 reps WOW!!!!
Leg Curl - Drop Set starting at 100lbs about 40 reps

Monday

Cardio - 45 minutes

Tuesday is another PT day. I will try to post tonight. TT!

fhornhead
06-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Saint Patrick - dude, good advice and thanks for the suggestion. makes a lot of sense. Right now, I am taking days off between each workout since I just started with the PT. we only meet 2 days a week, but in the process, I am building my routine in my head. I did not think that one thru, but yea! thanks.

mrelwooddowd - yep, I am finding out real quick that recovery time is going to be essential. I hit my lower body pretty hard on Sunday and I could not imagine trying again today..... heck, not even tomorrow. My legs "hurt so good" still. Those drop sets smoked them good. So yea, I would be happy waiting till friday or after to attempt the legs again :)

Tueday

PT session.....
Upper Body

Bicep Curls DB 25's 3x12
rope pull downs tri's 60lbs 3x10 CC
rope pull ups bi's 60lbs 3x12 CC
single arm cable tri's 40lbs 3x10 each arm
single arm cable bi's 40lbs 3x10 each arm

that took the whole 30 minutes and I went back to work as I was doing this during my lunch hour. I work close to the gym, so it works well as I still have time to eat when I get back.

I can already tell I am having progress.....quads and hams especially. Bi's and Tri's have changed as well. I have a feeling I will see progress quickly if I develop a consistant schedule and get the protein intake right.

tommorrows plans are to play it by ear. I'll report in soon. tt

Patz
06-13-2006, 09:50 PM
oh yes mrelwooddowd!!! PRI all the way. You know the lingo! awesome. We all have DID's and all the calling features you would have at home. It rocks!

I work for a major telco. I am a PRI guru. If you hve any questions, I'm happy to answer them...lol

jordonwuff
06-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey, just now started reading your journal. Nice progress and dedication :bow: It's definately giving me some motivation to go to the gym and lift =)

fhornhead
06-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Wednesday

Upper Body
3x10 rope rope pull downs CC 60lbs
3x10 Shoulder Press DB 20's
3x10 DB curls alternating 25's

Cardio
60 minutes

Thursday

Cardio
60 minutes

Friday

Cardio
60 minutes

Saturday
on my way to mom's house to be her yard boy. it's going to be an awesome weather day!!! Lifting tomorrow..... PT session.

mrelwooddowd
right on elwood! lol... the smart jack is in place (our telco is Sprint/Embarq) and hopefully it will just sit there and hum. Now if you can help with the actual phone system (Toshiba CIX 670), I may take you up with your offer, hehe. It's actually kinda easy but you never know. What a killer job you have! (PS: i own a punch down tool and a toner :) )

jordonwuff
awesome jordan! thanks for checking in on my progress. motivation is the name of the game........ I am full of it now....just hope I never lose it.

fhornhead
06-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Sunday

Upper Body
Flat Bench DB Flys 25's 3x15
Lat Pulldowns CC 100lbs 3x10 wide grip
Lat Pulldowns CC 100lbs 3x10 close grip
Chest Press BB 105lbs 3x10
Inclined Chest Press BB 90lbs 3x8

Cardio
45 min. 15 min. abs/obliques

got lots of sun yesterday and today. the weather here is has been perfect. ahhhhhhh

KingWilder
06-18-2006, 07:12 PM
just looked at your before and after pics, AMAZING transformation

keep up the good work!

fhornhead
06-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Monday

cardio
50 minutes - 10 minutes abs

another PT day tommorrow.

KingWilder-thanks king, i appreciate the compliment. Everytime I see people that I haven't seen for a while, they trip for a minute. It's a great feeling. I still have a long way to go though. It's almost in reach.

GO CANES! <---killer 3rd period.

fhornhead
06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Tuesday

Shoulders

this was a lesson in humility. My shoulders are absolutely the weakest part of my body.

modified arnolds 15's 3x15
DB press incline bench 25's 3x15
flys 15's 3x12
alternating DB side up/front up 15's 3x15
upright rows DB 20's 3x10
shrugs 25's 3x15

NO Cardio today with the exception of a 2.2 mile walk and short warm up before lifting.

If I don't work out anything else in a week, I will not miss shoulders. I gotta get them up to the rest of my upper body. I'm convinced if I get them stronger, the rest of the upper body will soar beyond expectations (fingers crossed)

peace........

fhornhead
06-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Wednesday

Cardio

90 minutes

Thursday

Cardio

120 minutes. awesome class today! had lots of compliments. lifting this afternoon. no PT session though.

fhornhead
06-27-2006, 07:05 AM
I have been bad! been very busy (at least that's what Im telling myself)

Friday
Cardio only - 50 min / 10 min ab work

Saturday
worked in moms yard. 3 hours or so.... nice weather!

Sunday
rain all day - 40 min cardio

Monday
again, cardio only - 60 min.

Yes, I have been a slug on the lifting......but personal trainer is out of town and I have a huge test coming up on July 8th that I am studying for, so time is a factor and it's so easy to make excuses..... im gonna shut up now.

fhornhead
07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm embarassed to say I have been slack the last 2 weeks or so..... I have done cardio almost everyday, so I won't list any of that. I also just got done taking the AFAA certification for group training on July 8th, so I can say without guilt that most of my down time with the weights was turned into study time instead. I had to cram the last couple of weeks.... there is tons of information. I am happy to say that I feel pretty good about the test, even though I don't get scores for another 4 to 6 weeks. PLUS, my personnal trainer/spotter has been on vacation, thus another source of my lack of motivation, ugh. Anyway, we met today and did lower body

Lower Body
Leg Press 230lbs 3x12
Calf Press 240lbs 3x15
Quad Press/Lifts DROP SET <---this always rocks my world. started with 100 lbs and went down from there in increments of 5, 10
and 20 pounds. mind altering!!!
Hamstring Curls 50lbs per leg 1 set of 22 reps on each leg.... time up!

Wow!!! after not lifting for a long while, this routine wiped out my lower body. I went straight home and ate lunch and dosed on protein supps. I feel like a million $$$.

Planning on doing a spin class after work today. 60 minutes of cardio.

hope to be back on track now with lifting. I have another session with the PT scheduled for Thursday. peace.

fhornhead
07-13-2006, 01:35 PM
my lower body is still very sore..... i have to hold the hand rails going down the stairs still. Good stuff!!!

Yesterday I taught a class at the gym, so 60 minutes of cardio........

Today: Upper Body/Arms

Alternating curls 25lb DB's 3x10
reverse curls 20lb DB's 1x10
Rope Pulldowns/tri's CC's 60lbs 3x12
Rope Overhead/tri's CC's 60lbs 2x10
Tri Press CC's 80lbs 3x10

went home, ate lunch, dosed on protein supp.......then back to work.

Doing 60 minutes of cardio after work today.... teaching again. Hoping to lift more very soon, but will not for sure on Friday or Saturday because of other obligations.

fhornhead
07-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm having some consistancy issues here..... well, I was supposed to lift on Tuesday, but had issues at work and could not leave. (i am trying to lift during lunch now) I did lift on Thursday during lunch though.

Upper Body / Chest and Back
overhead press, DB's 25's 3x10
Flys, DB's 20's 3x8
more shoulder and back work....gotta blast outta here, may edit later......

fhornhead
07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Monday

Shoulders the absolute weakest area of my body!

Shoulder Press 15lb DB's 3x8
Modified Shoulder Press 15lb DB's 3x8
Shrugs 30lb DB's 3x12
Reverse Flys 15lb DB's 3x10
Shoulder press Drop Set....started with 20lb DB's...about 40 reps.

I am lifting again tomorrow. I have been lax on updating this page, but don't worry..... I have not given up, just busy. Doing a lot of teaching at the gym cause folks are on vacation and what not. Work work and House/yard work keep me busy otherwise. I do find an occaisional time out to get with friends or go to the beach, but I have to make that time happen.

Be back soon..... I'm still doing cardio daily. I am gaining weight though, (5 to 8 pounds) so that is hopefully all muscle weight :D

fhornhead
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!!! I just got the news that I passed the AFAA Primary Group Training certification. I was worried that the written part would get me, but I passed with flying colors. Only missed 8 out of 100 questions and I was worried that I was going to miss more than 20 questions which is the max you can miss. (i must be a good guesser :) No really, YEA ME!!!! I am feeling quite accomplished at this moment....... ROCK THE HOUSE PEOPLE!!!!