PDA

View Full Version : Updates on my cut.

sharkall2003
05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
These are pictures of my before and after. First picture is me at 215 pounds, and the next picture is one I took just a few minutes ago at 201 pounds. As for measurements my waist went down nearly four inches, my legs dropped a couple inches and my arms amazingly stayed at seventeen inches. I was really surprised. All my lifts have stayed the same.

As for my diet I am on a 2000 calorie diet and I have about 150 grams of protein a day. I stopped taking creatine, and that's about all. Oh yeah, I am doing WBB Workout 1.

Hockey66
05-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Nice, I recently cut and lost over 4 inches on my waist also, but lost a 1/2 inch on my arms. Good work man. Cutting sucks.

sharkall2003
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Nice, I recently cut and lost over 4 inches on my waist also, but lost a 1/2 inch on my arms. Good work man. Cutting sucks.

Thanks. In the recent picture I look somewhat fatter than what I really am. I just ate a full plate of spaghetti and had four Milano Double Chocolate Cookies. Those cookies alone where nearly 300 calories.

I find it hilarious the looks I get when I eat "fast food" with my friends. Today when I was at McDonalds I ordered a ceasar salad with grilled chicken and no dressing. The lady started laughing becuase I had to look at the nutritional value sheet to find a high protein low calorie food.

SpecialK
05-15-2006, 10:41 PM

You lost a half inch on your arms? You still looked pretty big in the pic you posted. I'm cutting now and you got me worried with that comment.

Fenrir
05-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Good work on the cut mate, what are you aiming for?

WBBIRL
05-24-2006, 07:58 AM
I find it hilarious the looks I get when I eat "fast food" with my friends. Today when I was at McDonalds I ordered a ceasar salad with grilled chicken and no dressing. The lady started laughing becuase I had to look at the nutritional value sheet to find a high protein low calorie food.

You can laugh at them the next time you go swimming, when they wont even want to take their shirts off.

ederon
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
dont bother going to mcd's at all if your cutting its all crap!

JaCelica2k
05-24-2006, 11:22 AM
dont bother going to mcd's at all if your cutting its all crap!

Sometime you can't help it. As long as he's not doing it all the time it's not going to kill him. Plus...as long as he sticks with the grilled chicken sandwiches/salads etc. he should be fine.

ederon
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Nah you can always avoid it, always! Nothings going to kill anyone it all depends on how strict you are. Cutting is all about routine and strictness

ederon
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html
so much empty carbs/calories/fat

knucks
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
That is not close to enough calories or even protein for your cut. When I was cutting I was ingesting 300g of protein and I am 50 pounds lighter than you.

WILL006
05-24-2006, 12:55 PM
i am cutting and for lunch sometimes i'll go to mcdonalds and order the classic grilled chicken no mayo. As long as you can fit it in your diet.

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 05:54 PM
go to subway. then mcdonalds. hehe

Eat fresh, Eat $hit ;)

sharkall2003
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Good work on the cut mate, what are you aiming for?

Well, the sig says 7% bodyfat, but realistically I would like to be about 190 lbs, with about 10% bodyfat. I would be satisfied with that.

sharkall2003
05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Nah you can always avoid it, always! Nothings going to kill anyone it all depends on how strict you are. Cutting is all about routine and strictness

I cut out all the McDonalds as of now- too expensive for my budget. I mostly eat peanut butter, whole grain oats and breads, yogurt, milk, and whey protein now- lots of benefiber too.

ederon
05-24-2006, 10:01 PM
good to hear, bud. Sorry i didnt see your cardo routine and workout routine
if you wanna post ofcourse

Phelon
05-24-2006, 10:52 PM
dude, ur pretty big, are ur stats in ur sig right?

sharkall2003
05-25-2006, 11:46 AM
My current bench is 235, squat is 250 and deadlift is 335. My stats are low because I had osgood schlatters syndrom for nearly a year which kept my physical activity at a low. I also used to run a lot and never weightlift. My bench really bothers me because I tore my rotator cuff in baseball and played through an entire game with the injury, further injuring it.

sharkall2003
05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
That is not close to enough calories or even protein for your cut. When I was cutting I was ingesting 300g of protein and I am 50 pounds lighter than you.

Your metabolism is probably entirely different than my own. When I weighed in at 188lbs I had a 1500-2000 calorie diet, cycled 150+ mpw, and was taking thermogenics.

Also, I can take in 100 grams of protein and I will keep nearly all the muscle mass I have, even on a cut.

sharkall2003
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
good to hear, bud. Sorry i didnt see your cardo routine and workout routine
if you wanna post ofcourse

WBB routine 1, 200 pushups before bed, and whatever exercise I do at work. Work is mild cardio (pushing carts around) for about four hours five days a week.

knucks
05-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Your metabolism is probably entirely different than my own. When I weighed in at 188lbs I had a 1500-2000 calorie diet, cycled 150+ mpw, and was taking thermogenics.

Also, I can take in 100 grams of protein and I will keep nearly all the muscle mass I have, even on a cut.
If you say so. It's your body, you know more about it than I..I'd watch the weight loss though. With that little protein I would be expecting more than wanted LBM loss

sharkall2003
05-25-2006, 09:59 PM
If you say so. It's your body, you know more about it than I..I'd watch the weight loss though. With that little protein I would be expecting more than wanted LBM loss

You don't need nearly as much as you think you do. I can manage just fine on 100 grams, though I like to take in more if it's applicable to the foods I eat. It's important, but you don't need as much as you think.

Built
05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice work!

Cutting is all about routine and strictness

Cutting is all about results. If it's working, it's working.
Sharkall - why no creatine for your cut? Creatine's awesome on a cut!

ClubberLang
05-25-2006, 10:50 PM
i've heard that creatine causes your body to prefer glycogen over fat as an energy source and isn't optimal for a cut..

sharkall2003
05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Nice work!

Cutting is all about results. If it's working, it's working.
Sharkall - why no creatine for your cut? Creatine's awesome on a cut!

I had already been taking creatine for three months and I had to stop for the "cycle." Also, I am trying to save my money and stop using as many supplements. None of my lifts were affected so all I really did was lose water weight.

Built
05-26-2006, 12:24 PM
You don't cycle creatine. And creatine helps keep your lifts up, so you keep more muscle on your frame. Take it bulking or cutting.

Clubber, where did you hear that?

sharkall2003
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
You don't cycle creatine. And creatine helps keep your lifts up, so you keep more muscle on your frame. Take it bulking or cutting.

I was informed to take creatine for three months and then go off for one. Right now, as I am not taking creatine, my lifts have not went down. Creatine, if anything, was more psychological than anything.

ClubberLang
05-26-2006, 01:03 PM

someone posted it here. lemme see if i can find.

ClubberLang
05-26-2006, 01:42 PM
i can't find the thread here but i came across this..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14507259&dopt=Abstract

To be honest i don't understand 90% of what they are talking about there.

Built
05-27-2006, 02:50 AM
So it stimulates glycogen storage. That's a good thing.

sharkall - there is no reason why you should cycle creatine. I don't cycle vitamin C or protein either.

gains2385
05-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I have no idea about the details of creatine, but I "heard" that if you do not cycle creatine, your body would cease to create it itself. Not for sure if that is true or not, but that is what I "heard." (Take it with a grain of salt).

sharkall2003
05-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I have no idea about the details of creatine, but I "heard" that if you do not cycle creatine, your body would cease to create it itself. Not for sure if that is true or not, but that is what I "heard." (Take it with a grain of salt).

That's what I heard also. That's I did it. Plus, as I said before, creatine didn't help with the facilitation of muscle. After I stopped taking it all my lifts stayed the same.

ArchAngel777
05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
You don't need nearly as much as you think you do. I can manage just fine on 100 grams, though I like to take in more if it's applicable to the foods I eat. It's important, but you don't need as much as you think.

Yup, totally agree. Everyone likes to pretend that 1g per pound of LBM is essentiall or else! Well, it might be for some people. But I can retain everything with 60 grams a day. It isn't that I have anything against anyone going over that ammount. Heck, probably best to be on the safe side, but a mandatory 1g per LBM is probably only accurate when on a PSMF and the protein is being converted to energy instead of the building blocks. If someone is eating carbs, then they don't have to worry about protein being broken down for energy. Think on this for a minute. If, truly, 1g per LBM was the rule, then we would have people dieing everywhere from lack of muscle. Because when there is no protein, your body breaks it down from the muscle tissue and also vital organ tissues when the muscle runs out. Thus, if indeed 1g per LBM were in fact required just to mantain current LBM, we would all be dead, except for those who actually do ingest more than 1g per LBM.

Well, whatever, but I am with you on the protein thing, personally.

ArchAngel777
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
That's what I heard also. That's I did it. Plus, as I said before, creatine didn't help with the facilitation of muscle. After I stopped taking it all my lifts stayed the same.

What you heard is false... Just do a google search on it, or search this site. The advice given to creatine is sort of what we apply to many things in lives, univerally. Generally, it is a good idea to take a break from many things, but this doesn't apply to creatine and a many other things such as your vitamans and minerals. Take a break from beer, wine, etc... Take a break from cookies and ice cream. Those things are healthy to take breaks from, but more so because they encourage self control.