PDA

View Full Version : How many cups is one plate of pasta?

Boson
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Anyone know the unit conversion? (for fitday's spaghettis with tomato sauce, meatless)

Eszekial
05-16-2006, 10:27 AM
that's the most asanine question asked ever.

Ever.

eps
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I feel very sorry for you, so I will answer the question:

There's no standard unit for a 'plate' of anything. So you need to at least directly know how many cups (U.S. measurement?) of pasta you consume or know how much you consume in another real unit.

Boson
05-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Let me try to clarify my question. Anyways, if you use fitday at all, you'll know that there is standard serving size for most things (for example, you can select a 'slice' unit for bread). Although 'plate' might not be a common kitchen standard as a 'cup', if I tell you over the phone "prepare one plate of pasta", and repeat this experiment with an ensemble of 100 different forums participants from this forums, I think that we can both agree that the distribution of the "serving size" (preferable measured in mass units, althought we'll have to settle for a 'cup' volume here) will fall into a nice gaussian curve. So, what I'm asking is, what is the mean of this curve?

In other words, how many 'cups' is one average 'plate' of pasta?

eps
05-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Okay, what you're looking for is more clear. And .. I think you found a possible solution to your own problem :cool:

Jordanbcool
05-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Let me try to clarify my question. Anyways, if you use fitday at all, you'll know that there is standard serving size for most things (for example, you can select a 'slice' unit for bread). Although 'plate' might not be a common kitchen standard as a 'cup', if I tell you over the phone "prepare one plate of pasta", and repeat this experiment with an ensemble of 100 different forums participants from this forums, I think that we can both agree that the distribution of the "serving size" (preferable measured in mass units, althought we'll have to settle for a 'cup' volume here) will fall into a nice gaussian curve. So, what I'm asking is, what is the mean of this curve?

In other words, how many 'cups' is one average 'plate' of pasta?

You cannot measure that. No offense but you answered your own question. I could have a very small plate (the size of my fist) and pack it to the ceiling with pasta. Yes im over-exaggerating but its the truth. People are all different so plate sizes is not really measurable. For example; at my grandmothers house her plates are much smaller then mine. Why? Im a bodybuilder, I need a ton of food. The plates I buy are HUGE. People buy different sized plates to fit their tastes. There fine china, dinner plates, appetizer plates, plates plates.

Now you know why there isnt a serving suggestion or size that says "one plate".

-jordan

But if you REALLY want to know. Maybe 2 cups for a normal person and 4 cups for myself :) Im a pig

WORLD
05-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Did you know that in FitDay, you can take 1 cup, for ex, and divide it in half, or even 0.3 cups? So this way you can specify exactly what serving size you ate.

Skinny Fat
05-17-2006, 11:28 AM
3.2 cups.

Seriously.

I did the math myself.

In my head.

JustLost
05-17-2006, 11:33 AM
3.2 cups.

Seriously.

I did the math myself.

In my head.

Yeah, but it's different when using a metric plate.

SaVvY
05-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Anyone know the unit conversion? (for fitday's spaghettis with tomato sauce, meatless)
i dont know, i only eat from mixing bowls - plates are small and worthless

Eszekial
05-17-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont know, i only eat from mixing bowls - plates are small and worthless
lol

Jordanbcool
05-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, but it's different when using a metric plate.

Is it just me or am I the ONLY one who uses plates that come in gallons?

Geez Little did i know...

-jordan