PDA

View Full Version : Isopure whey - the way to go?

crunch101
05-16-2006, 04:17 PM
today i had such an exhausting workout session in the gym i decided i need more than my normal post-workout 40g protein bar. so i buy an already made Isopure Apple Melon whey drink (40g protein), and it was DELICIOUS! my question is this: did it taste so good just because it was the already mixed in a bottle type? i'm just wondering because if the powder makes shakes that good, i'm gonna buy a year's worth of that stuff! so has anyone ever bought this powder before? i can't afford getting a bottle every day after i workout (it costs $4).

Eszekial
05-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Holy crap. 4$ a bottle!

Post workout nutrtion is key. I don't know what's in the stuff, but I would make sure that you at least get this meal right.

Take a look at the ingrediants, if it's not junk sugars, (high fructose comes to mind) than perhaps it's ok (although pricy).

Do a search and you should get quite a few post workout meals worked up by other WBB'ers.

Stumprrp
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
same thing happen to me when i tried a vanilla Muscle Milk, i didnt see anything bad in the ingredients and that crap tasted like heavy creme and vanilla ice cream! my friend used to take isopure whey and it tastes very good, but doenst mix very well.

smalls
05-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Carbs are going to more important to your overall goals than an overpriced protein that tastes good.

Just take in some cheap whey and dextrose/maltose, wait an hour and eat a meal. Hit your total calories for the day, rest, repeat.

Optimum08
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
:withstupi