PDA

View Full Version : PL/OL Hybrid w/a dash of BB

CDONDICI
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Ok, I just put this together a few mins ago, looking for a new routine, I currently train every other day focus on bench, rows, deads, squats, C&J, Snatch, Im just looking to shake things up a bit.

19 yrs old
5'9 184lb
bench 265
C&J 185
Dead 365

This is influenced by westside, with the OLs incorperated and a few BB exercises to focus on some weak spots in my physique.

~Lower~
Squat (PL) (max effort)
Good Mornings or RDL 3 sets
Front squat (OL) 2 sets
Claves(BB) 2 sets
Abs(crunches/situps) 2 sets
Adductor/Abductor(BB) 4 sets

~Upper~
Flat bench (max effort)
Pullups 3 sets
Rows 3 sets
Incline 3 sets
Bis/Tris(BB) 4 sets
Shoulders(BB) 2 sets

~Off~

~Fullbody~
Snatch
Clean & Jerk
Speed Bench 50% 1RM, 8x3, vary grips
Hanging Leg Raises 2 sets

~Off~

Any suggestions, comments, or questions are welcome.

MixmasterNash
05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Looks fine for exercise selection. You may want to periodize load over a few weeks or vary load/reps each session.

CDONDICI
05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Looks fine for exercise selection. You may want to periodize load over a few weeks or vary load/reps each session.

Yea I have been trainign for a while, I don't normally plan out weigth and reps, I usually go by instinct and vary reps and wieghts every workout, but I do make sure I am constantly progressing.

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats a strong lookin routine in my opinion, Oly lifts are taxing though I personally could never do PLing and OLing at the same time but if thats your fancy do it up brother!

CDONDICI
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Thats a strong lookin routine in my opinion, Oly lifts are taxing though I personally could never do PLing and OLing at the same time but if thats your fancy do it up brother!

Thanks, Yea they are taxing, but I don't plan on using max weight for them, maybe 65-70%, they are kind of taking the place of Lower Body Dynamic effort if this were a true PLing routine.

KevinStarke
05-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Sounds good to me man, should get real strong with that split.

Clifford Gillmore
05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm with MMN, maybe use your oly day with one of the big lifts and do an amount of accessory work, alternate each cycle? Maybe be swap out your front squats for over head squats, and cleans somewhere on upperday.

Sensei
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
I totally agree w. Mix. If it were me, I'd be changing the ME exercise at least every two weeks (and the aux. exercises a little less frequently), and put another day off in that rotation.