PDA

View Full Version : Squating Video!!!

Speedwagon
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
just a little video of my buddy squating, he was pretty proud of this, and since then has moved up to 365

http://video.google.com/videouploadfinished?docid=8208685915744276900&filename=wsb64__MTAwXzAzMTQ.mov

PeterGriffin
05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
The video don't work.

WillKuenzel
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
You have to have Quicktime to see it.

My knees hurt just watching that. I'm not saying its not good that he's moving 315 for that many reps through a pretty good range of motion (its difficult in the video to tell if he's parallel or not although again its a long ROM). 315 is at least respectable but damn, that form is horrendous. Even for oly style squatting his knees come way too far out over his toes. He needs to sit back more and push his knees apart.

Not meaning to sound ragging. It looks like he has good strength. Would just like to see his form change up before something bad happens to his knees.

Stumprrp
05-17-2006, 06:17 PM
cool video that dude is pretty strong, but i agree with homeyield his knees come to far foward.

Progress
05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
You have to have Quicktime to see it.

My knees hurt just watching that. I'm not saying its not good that he's moving 315 for that many reps through a pretty good range of motion (its difficult in the video to tell if he's parallel or not although again its a long ROM). 315 is at least respectable but damn, that form is horrendous. Even for oly style squatting his knees come way too far out over his toes. He needs to sit back more and push his knees apart.

Not meaning to sound ragging. It looks like he has good strength. Would just like to see his form change up before something bad happens to his knees.

Going ATF would probably help the knee issue, wouldn't it? Among other things.

WBBIRL
05-17-2006, 06:25 PM
In the last few you could tell he was getting gassed, he doesnt want to move up until he gets his form down better. Tell him look up, thats where you'll go. Looking forward or down will produce lifts like the last few reps, where he leans forward to much at the very end of the rep.

Depth looked decent, alot deeper then I would guess the majority of your gym rats actually go.

bill
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I second HY,
Don't look up, find spot eye level stay focused there or straight ahead
Turn around the rack LOL
Nice strong lifting though.

Canadian Crippler
05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
The form can use some work, but definitely a strong showing.

gator
05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Just for a safety concern I would put the bar on my back facing the other way, that way when you rack the bar your facing forward. I feel like I might miss the rack trying to rack the bar backwards.

Matt04
05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
im loving the tool music in the background, their new album is mad.

oh and good strength aswell man.

teck
05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
yea thats some power! it looks like there would be alot of strain on the lower back?

Phelon
05-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Good video, form needs work.

Sidior
05-22-2006, 10:51 AM
tool ftw

WillKuenzel
05-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Going ATF would probably help the knee issue, wouldn't it? Among other things.
It would. Going ATF puts less stress on the knees because it takes the knees through their normal ROM. It would also require the squatter to sit back more. With the knees going that far forward, there's a ton of stress being pushed onto the knees.

ectx
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
It would. Going ATF puts less stress on the knees because it takes the knees through their normal ROM. It would also require the squatter to sit back more. With the knees going that far forward, there's a ton of stress being pushed onto the knees.

And that is why my physical therapist made me do ATF squats after I tore my MCL (not immediately after, but when he tried to strengthen my legs back up again). going atf and focusing on sitting into the squat makes a huge difference in how it hits your legs too.

Willma...you think box squats might be good to improve on the form for him?

and before you think otherwise, that's an impressive show of strength, regardless of form.

WillKuenzel
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Willma...you think box squats might be good to improve on the form for him?
I think immediately it would do more good to learn to squat ATF. Learning to do box squats are a bit difficult, I've found. Too many people just sit straight down until they touch and their weight is still on their toes and not on their heels.

If I have the time to work with somebody, I'll show them how to box squat first as flexibility might be an issue with ATF squatting. But if its sombody that I can't properly teach or spend a lot of time with them, I'll have them squat ATF and tell them to point their toes up in their shoes. This helps shift the weight back on the heels and keep it there. Weight on the heels is important.

schmitty199
05-26-2006, 07:58 PM
whats he max about 445?

He probably need to keep the weight back more instead of leaning forward it puts more stress on the knees and back then nessecary..... good lift tho.