PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Workout

UPtown
05-17-2006, 07:06 PM
im going to be a sophmore next year and i need a workout to get big for varsity basketball! can someone draw one up for me?

height: 6'1" (yeah i know....a little short for a center)
weight: 165 lbs
bench max: 190 lbs
body fat: 4.6%
position: center/power forward

Jedi Knight
05-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Eat 3500 to 4000 calories a day, MOn. chest and bicep day. Work on form, slow and collective lifts. Flat bench 3x10 starting out. Warm up first. Do the same w/ some incline bench. Do some pullovers... I'm assuming around 45 or 50 lbs, and do some fly's 3x10. Biceps, do some curls... whatever you like or you feel works the best. I personally do standing curls w/ dumbells and do dropsets... Starting w/ a higher weight then work my way down. Burns like a MF'er! Probably don't wanna shoot on these days, if you do, just relax and shoot later... but eat like crazy when you get home. If mom has baked a loaf of bread, eat the whole thing... get my point? Protein is a must... eat it after your workout.

Jedi Knight
05-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Tues
Squats, deep, good form:
3x10 w/ 135, have someone show the form if you don't know it, but go low.
Lunges are good for basketball, another one is step ups on a bench. Helps w/ explosion... 3x10 when starting out... stay light. Leg press, do 3x10 again. You could do calves on this day too... calve machines are usually good. I like standing machines. I do sets of 20. Then eat and pound the protein. Get good rest and sleep alot.. 8-10 hrs a night.