PDA

View Full Version : New need alot of help

Irish92
05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Ok I've been doing bodybuilding for a little more than 8 weeks and I have decided to switch to a strength training program. Anyone one here got any suggestion? Also it needs to be as safe as possible like clean and jerks look way to dangerous for me to do at such a young age I'm 14.

Phelon
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
eat, eat, and lift, lift, and sleep.

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Stick to the basic movements:
Chest: flat bench ,incline bench, flat dumbbell presses

Legs: Heavy Squats, stiff legged deadlifts

Back: Lat pulldowns, one arm rows, rack pulls

Shoulders: Seated Militery press to front, side lateral raises, rear delt raises,HEAVY DUMBBELL SHRUGS

Arms: Hammer Curls, Close Grip bench, Skullcrushers

Keep it basic hitting everything once a week, train in the 6 to 8 rep range and when you can do a weight ofr 8 reps go 10 pounds heavier next time.Make sure you document everything so you can see where you need to work and where you need to move up at.

Hope this helps, Wolfy!!!!

spectralshadow
05-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Stick to the basic movements:
Chest: flat bench ,incline bench, flat dumbbell presses

Legs: Heavy Squats, stiff legged deadlifts

Back: Lat pulldowns, one arm rows, rack pulls

Shoulders: Seated Militery press to front, side lateral raises, rear delt raises,HEAVY DUMBBELL SHRUGS

Arms: Hammer Curls, Close Grip bench, Skullcrushers

Keep it basic hitting everything once a week, train in the 6 to 8 rep range and when you can do a weight ofr 8 reps go 10 pounds heavier next time.Make sure you document everything so you can see where you need to work and where you need to move up at.

Hope this helps, Wolfy!!!!

I've got a question about the bench...

Does it matter all that much if it's a DB or BB? I've only been doing DB, and I've also noticed in other people that the more you can DB press the more you can BB press....

Also, is it necessary to have 2 DB's when you are doing DB presses? I only have 1 (lost the other, hehe) so I'm forced to do it doing about 6-10 reps in one hand then switching.

diesel_dan
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I've got a question about the bench...

Does it matter all that much if it's a DB or BB? I've only been doing DB, and I've also noticed in other people that the more you can DB press the more you can BB press....

Also, is it necessary to have 2 DB's when you are doing DB presses? I only have 1 (lost the other, hehe) so I'm forced to do it doing about 6-10 reps in one hand then switching.

There really isn't a ratio of how much you db bench to how much you bb bench. It's good to switch it up. Do db one week and bb the other (or switch every 2 weeks, month or whatever feel best to you). On only having one dumbbell you might want to get another one, but if you can't make do with what you have. Just make sure your progressing.