PDA

View Full Version : Fear System's Kettlebell Clips

Chubrock
05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Took some video from tonight's KB class. Took me awhile to edit it, as I'm still trying to learn the software. Messed up one of the black title screens, the first screen you see that says something about Television, should read "1 Arm Clean to Press to OH Squat." I apologize for the big download, but I don't have a compressor yet, so it's the best I could do. My form sucks on the OH squats, but get over it haha. Let me know what you think, and if there's enough interest, would ya'll please rehost it for me. Thanks guys.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DF0BEFD34FEF69F4

fhornhead
05-18-2006, 05:47 AM
awesome vid. It looks like a freakin killer workout. Is this something your gym is doing for it's members? Or are you going to a special place (gym) to do the KB workout?

if you need the vid hosted, let me know.... i got the space.

Anthony
05-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Cool vid bro. But during your KB swings, why do you go only half way? Get that thing over your head! :p

Sensei
05-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Someone please compress and host it - I'd like to view it but can't!

Chubrock
05-18-2006, 07:14 AM
fhornhead- Thanks man. I may get you to host the video if you don't mind. As far as the training. We do the kettlebells at our jiu jitsu studio. We hoped on as an affliate with Steve Maxwell awhile back after learning about them, and that's what we've been using as our strength and conditioning base.

Anthony- Thanks man. Didn't realize I was going a bit low, though I don't shoot for over the head. We try to keep the KB swing a purely lowerbody movement, and if we focus on going very high, people have a tendency to try and pull it with their arms instead of letting their hips do the work.

Chubrock
05-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Sensei- Sorry about that man. It was all I could do to get ahold of some editing software that dealt with .mov files.

MixmasterNash
05-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Anthony- Thanks man. Didn't realize I was going a bit low, though I don't shoot for over the head. We try to keep the KB swing a purely lowerbody movement, and if we focus on going very high, people have a tendency to try and pull it with their arms instead of letting their hips do the work.

If you slackers used a heavy enough weight, you couldn't pull it with your arms. :D

Cool video.

Chubrock
05-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Haha thanks Mix. I don't pull with my arms, and I'm pretty confident I've got enough hip drive to get it up to eye level, but as far as going overhead, I dunno.

Anthony
05-18-2006, 08:43 AM
I've seen it done both ways, I was just breaking your balls. :D

Chubrock
05-22-2006, 09:03 PM
HUGE Thanks go out to Fhorn for hosting the video. Man you're awesome. Thanks a lot.

Here's the link so ya'll don't have to download it:

???

Nosaj
05-23-2006, 03:21 AM
http://www.fayettevillesymphony.org/images/KBs.htm

LOL, nice blastoff Armstrong. :p

Chubrock
05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
LOL, nice blastoff Armstrong. :p

Am I missing something?

Sensei
05-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Am I missing something?
Apparently, you are. I don't know what you get when you click the link, but all I get is a clip of a cheesy black&white romance movie w. phallic symbols spliced in...

Chubrock
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
What in the world? I clicked the link when he sent it through the PMs, and it came up as my clip. Hmmmm I'll take it down until I can figure out what in the hell is up.

Sensei
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
It's nothing obscene at all, but makes you think "what the hell? Where are the kettlebells???"...

Chubrock
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Haha alright. The first clip should be of me doing some two arm swings, so if that isn't what ya saw, something's up.