PDA

View Full Version : Diet Gurus (BUILT!) and Ripped Fools, Please Advise

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Soo, long story short, been cutting for about 4 months (first cut) down 22 lbs.

Minimal muscle loss. I've gained a great deal of str in my bench (about 40 lbs worth)

Just recently actually had some regression in my bench. Feel like i've been flat in the muscle dept.

Been working real hard and been very clean on the diet.

Sex drive has drastically tapered off. Went from doing the dirty twice a day to once a week (This comment is up for open interpretation :D)

Have serious bouts with depression.

Read some articles by Kelly Baggert (http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html)

He mentions a lot about diet periodization where bulkers eat for 2-4 weeks above maintenance to gain mass, then cut that off for 2-4 weeks back to maintenance to throw their system off. They cycle this.

I'm thinking, my metab might be taking a serious dive. I've been cutting for quite a while at about 1850 calories a day. Perhaps my body needs to get out of famine for a while? Lost 2lbs in the last two weeks, but i'm concered that 1/2 of that is actually muscle.

Would now be a good time to kick up to maintenance (3045) for about a week, then resume my diet?

I'm really against this, because it's just another week that i will have to wait before I can see my 6.

What do you guys think?

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Soo, long story short, been cutting for about 4 months (first cut) down 22 lbs.

Minimal muscle loss. I've gained a great deal of str in my bench (about 40 lbs worth)

Just recently actually had some regression in my bench. Feel like i've been flat in the muscle dept.

Been working real hard and been very clean on the diet.

Sex drive has drastically tapered off. Went from doing the dirty twice a day to once a week.

Have serious bouts with depression.

Read some articles by Kelly Baggert (http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html)

He mentions a lot about diet periodization where bulkers eat for 2-4 weeks above maintenance to gain mass, then cut that off for 2-4 weeks back to maintenance to throw their system off. They cycle this.

I'm thinking, my metab might be taking a serious dive. I've been cutting for quite a while at about 1850 calories a day. Perhaps my body needs to get out of famine for a while? Lost 2lbs in the last two weeks, but i'm concered that 1/2 of that is actually muscle.

Would now be a good time to kick up to maintenance (3045) for about a week, then resume my diet?

I'm really against this, because it's just another week that i will have to wait before I can see my 6.

What do you guys think?

Dont feel bad. For some reason I got more ass when I was an obese cow then now. O well.

It does sound like your metabolism is scretching to a halt. What type of cut are you on?

-jordan

KingWilder
05-18-2006, 01:23 PM
surprsingly, the thing about getting ass as an obese cow is true for me as well :(

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=518bf2zf.jpg

Here is my offical picture.

Please rate my bodyfat %.

Taken with my dinky RAZR phone this morning about 3-4 hours after waking up (Woke up at 3am for some reason ((I think it's the depression))).

No back or leg pics... Why you ask??? BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!

Have no fear, i will bulk my back and my legs to par in a short amount of time.

There will be no stopping me.

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=518bf2zf.jpg

Here is my offical picture.

Please rate my bodyfat %.

Taken with my dinky RAZR phone this morning about 3-4 hours after waking up (Woke up at 3am for some reason ((I think it's the depression))).

No back or leg pics... Why you ask??? BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!

Have no fear, i will bulk my back and my legs to par in a short amount of time.

There will be no stopping me.

You bf is probably around 11-13%. Very hard to tell.....when I flex my abs it looks like im at 11% but when I just let it all hang off i know that im really 13%.

Anyways.......I think you should put on some size. Be glad your as tall as you are. Im 5"8 :( Its easier for me to put on muscle but I still cant put on as much as you can in the long run.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 02:29 PM
surprsingly, the thing about getting ass as an obese cow is true for me as well :(

Ok why the hell is that? Are girls starting to like fat people? Has the world taken a new turn???

-jordan

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
You bf is probably around 11-13%. Very hard to tell.....when I flex my abs it looks like im at 11% but when I just let it all hang off i know that im really 13%.

Anyways.......I think you should put on some size. Be glad your as tall as you are. Im 5"8 :( Its easier for me to put on muscle but I still cant put on as much as you can in the long run.

-jordan

I have so much room for back and leg growth, that I'm planning on putting on 60lbs of LBM in the next two years.

Yeah it's a long shot, and yeah, it'll be sick, but i'm going to cut to 190 and bulk till im a 250 lbs tackeling fool.

If i can stay as dedicated as I am right now, there's no freaking way i won't do it.

Edit: Do cows natureally hook up with other cows? I've never been intimate with a girl that wouldn't snap between my two fingers. Luck of the draw, i guess.

ddegroff
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I know a few weeks ago you posted your diet and Built (and few others) said you were very close to not eating enough. You said the less you eat the less you want to eat. Hmmm, well I think your metabolism is crashed. I think it would be a good time for you to up the cals. Eat more for a few weeks (maint cals) then go back to cutting. I'm currently in the process of doing this.

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I know a few weeks ago you posted your diet and Built (and few others) said you were very close to not eating enough. You said the less you eat the less you want to eat. Hmmm, well I think your metabolism is crashed. I think it would be a good time for you to up the cals. Eat more for a few weeks (maint cals) then go back to cutting. I'm currently in the process of doing this.
DD, I value your advice. Care to take a gander at my BF%? I'm not really flexing, by my back is cleary arched.

-TIM-
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
You sound worn out and your energy level is lowering. Your strength, sex drive, and mental outlook are all down. I would increase your calorie intake and maintain for a little while. Might even take a few extra days off in the gym and rest up.

ddegroff
05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Eszekial- I suck at visual BF guesses. BUT sense you asked me I would say your ~11-14%:scratch:. I would get it checked to be more accurate, if you can.

Side note: Fat chicks need lovin too (just not from me).

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Thank you very much for the advice gentlemen!

Just finished a turkey sandwhich (WITH BREAD ZOMG!!1!!1!!!), a salad with olive oil, and choked down a sip of tea.

Now it's off to beans, rice, and a huge chicken burrito......

I don't think i'll make it :D

edited to add '1's' among the '!'s' for visual effect.

Built
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM

ddegroff called it - test levels may be tanking, metabolism is slowing - time for a week or two off dieting. Go crazy for a week or two, then resume.

Alex.V
05-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't necessarily go crazy, but try eating like a normal person for a while. If you start to get ridiculous cravings and find yourself ACTUALLY going crazy, bingeing on odd stuff, then chances are you were far too hypocaloric. But yes, sounds like it got nailed in one of your first replies.

Built
05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
<shrugs>

I did a massive bender mid-cut last year, and it did me a world of good.

At the very least, I'd think going somewhere above maintenance would be helpful.

Eszekial
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you all so very much for the advice! (most of the experts chimed in!)

Still nibbeling my way through this burrito.....

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 05:07 PM
The girls I was banging werent fat! I was! haha...she was just slutty.

Anyways back to the topic at hand :)

Hell i'd probably screw the cut and just bulk if I were you. I never saw my abs until I actually got them first...

-jordan

ddegroff
05-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Thank you all so very much for the advice! (most of the experts chimed in!)

Still nibbeling my way through this burrito.....

Haha, i have about a quarter left of mine and the rest isnt gonna happen.

djreef
05-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Those must be big burritos.

DJ

Eszekial
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Those must be big burritos.

DJ

Wasn't able to finish mine over the course of about 4 hours.

Nibbled on it every time i could stomach some more.

But it was just too fearsome. :help:

Sidior
05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
The girls I was banging werent fat! I was! haha...she was just slutty.

-jordan

ahaha I'm glad you think so highly of her lol. Sluts are a wonderful thing...

Jordanbcool
05-19-2006, 11:27 AM
ahaha I'm glad you think so highly of her lol. Sluts are a wonderful thing...

Eh sadly she was the most recent girl i've been with :(

*sobs* Im so deprived.

-jordan

ddegroff
05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Wasn't able to finish mine over the course of about 4 hours.

Nibbled on it every time i could stomach some more.

But it was just too fearsome. :help:

Finished mine, took a lot longer than I expected thats for sure.

fatbuff
05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok why the hell is that? Are girls starting to like fat people? Has the world taken a new turn???

-jordan

maybe you are just ugly or something:windup:

Jordanbcool
05-19-2006, 10:35 PM
maybe you are just ugly or something:windup:

Hahaha. Ok. Then why did I get ass when I was fat. Being fat and lean dosent make you less ugly (actually wouldnt being fatter make you more ugly?).

Dumbass.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-20-2006, 01:10 AM
The girls I was banging werent fat! I was! haha...she was just slutty.That was poetic...