PDA

View Full Version : How is this for a cut?

ClubberLang
05-19-2006, 01:07 AM
This is what I ate today according to fitday. It was a moderate lifting day. Focussing on shoulders and tri's.

23 year old male
5 10 190
Approx 17% Bodyfat

56g Fat
146g Carb
230 Protein

2069 Calories

Built
05-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Those are some low-ass calories. Fats are a little too low.
What's maintenance for you?

ClubberLang
05-19-2006, 03:01 AM
mmm to be honest I don't know my maintainance. I think it's relatively low.

There is probably about a 1 rounded tablespoon of butter as far as fats go that i didn't throw into fitday. I also took one [I]Zantrex[/I pill. I didn't buy the crap...my mom bought a bottle that was sitting around going unused. It's mostly caffeince. Would you reccommend sticking with this setup...and maybe boosting my fats/calories with some fish oil?

*Note. I am up unusually late working on some school work... I ate about 6 hrs ago and I am feeling hella hungry. I might add a protein shake with water/2% milk boosting my daily total by about 250 cals.

ClubberLang
05-19-2006, 03:10 AM
my meals today looked like this...

M1
3 whole eggs
2 strips Bacon
1 slice white bread (usually go whole wheat) turned into french toast by soaking it in some leftover egg with water and a tiny bit of vanilla whey
Small amount of OJ

m2
Protein Shake

m3
Tuna sandwich:
I can tuna
2 slices of white
mustard ketch pickles onions
little bit of cheddar cheese/bacon bits

m4 (Pwo)
Half a bannana with Whey water and 2% milk

m5
Chicken Breast
about 4 oz of white rice
4 oz of coleslaw w/ light mayo

Ferdo
05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Hmm, I think it might be ok, i think everyones maintenance is different. However, you need to test for a week, if your loosing to much add extra cals if your not loosing decrease your cals. you can start at the 2000 mark if you like.

I weight 145, and my maintainence is around 1700 cals. Fortunately, i have been able to lose some pretty good body fat 15 days into my cut without losing any weight Which has been good, cause I dont want to go lower than 140 after this cut then bulk up to 160 ( which in the end of my cuts and bulks i hope to be at 165 with about 8 percent body fat).

Just make sure you dont lose to fast, thats what i have done in the past which takes you to aplace you dont want to be. Youll weigh less, but you will have a flabby look. Make sure your only losing 1-2 pounds a week.

Built
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Ferdo, my maint at 145 is 2300 a day and I'm an old woman. 1700 sounds LOOOOW.

Clubber - if you lose faster than a pound or at MOST two a week, increase your cals. Personally, I try to drop by as little as possible. I'd bring those fats up to at least 80g if I were you. And eat some produce! Broccoli, green beans, romaine, avocados, berries!

Ferdo
05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Built, I was reading one of your posts, my metabolism might be messed up due to years of dieting, could that be a problem that makes my maintenace so low?

fizzle21
05-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey thats a good question. I was wondering the same thing due to the fact that i maintain at about 2500 or even a little less

crazyaoshi
05-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey thats a good question. I was wondering the same thing due to the fact that i maintain at about 2500 or even a little less

Could be your metabolism crashed. I had the same problem before from dieting for such a long time...was maintaining on 2400 cal/day at 185 then realized I have nothing to cut down to. Now I'm maintaining on 3300/day [off/cardio days] and 3500/day [lifting days]. If you raise calories little by little for a week at a time and see how your weight fluctuates, you may find out your maintenance is higher.