PDA

View Full Version : Question about water

AndresC
05-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I bought a gallon of drinking water to keep in my car. It's been hot outside and the water doesn't taste the same. Then I got to thinking about bacteria growth. Should I throw away the water or am I thinking in to it to much?

I don't mind the taste difference, it was expected. I don't want to give myself the poops or make myself sick though lol.

TECHO
05-19-2006, 03:56 PM
am I thinking in to it to much

lol, i'd say so.... it's a gallon of water. If it tastes funky, dump it out, rinse, and refill... or if you don't have a sink, then spend 99cents and buy a new one..

Progress
05-19-2006, 05:22 PM
One thing to note; don't continue to drink and refill the same plastic bottle. After a while you won't be able to clean it sufficiently and bacteria will grow. Food for thought ... and to scare you.

razorcut
05-19-2006, 07:36 PM
It should be ok, unless you bought the water in Mexico.

JimR
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Its not ok..you need to get a hard plastic container like Nalgene. Ive seen several warnings recently concerning soft plastic bottled water,especially in hot climates. Tons of info out there. Google away.

http://woi.brynmawr.edu/node/607

AndresC
05-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Right on good info.

The water taste like butt, but after running I don't really care, I just want some water!

I had diarrhea which I thought was odd as I have been doing very good on my fiber intake. I got to thinking about how mosquito are born in to this word, as I watched them swim around in warm-ish water as a child. This kind of weirded me out.

I think I'll spend the $0.75 (QFC advantage member) for a new gallon of water.

SkinnySadMan
05-19-2006, 11:12 PM
One thing to note; don't continue to drink and refill the same plastic bottle. After a while you won't be able to clean it sufficiently and bacteria will grow. Food for thought ... and to scare you.

Cool, thanks. Now I know that.

Spartan936
05-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Cool, thanks. Now I know that.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/Spartan936/GIJoe_Green_Knowing-Tee.jpg

Clifford Gillmore
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM

The bacteria that formed in my water bottle made me clean 1000lbs. True story.

Progress
05-20-2006, 10:23 AM
The bacteria that formed in my water bottle made me clean 1000lbs. True story.

That same bacteria has migrated to your brain and has made you as smart as you are as well.