PDA

View Full Version : Who has a good post-work out shake that i could use?

MFF25
03-08-2001, 12:15 PM
I want a good post-work out shake. I usaully take whey protein but i want sum other good stuff to add to it. Any good ideas?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-08-2001, 12:36 PM
Whey is good after trainning - absorbed nice and quickley and does the job.

You may want to take some simple sugars after trainning, it's the best time although you don't actually have to. I currently take Grape juice (with some creatine) followed by a whey shake.

When i get home i have some Glutamine.

Within an hour after trainning, i eat some more complex carbohydrate, some more protein and some good fats. Then i go to sleep for a bit.

I also take Glucosamine sulphate after trainning, along with some vit C, B and E. These extra vitamins are not necessary, but they help with recovery. The glucosamine is for my tendons. Also, you may want to try cod liver oil for joints - keeps them nice and lubricated.

These are only suggestions for you, not necessities.

Good luck.

Braveheart99
03-08-2001, 01:47 PM
Try some NLarge2 by Prolab.

Joe Black
03-08-2001, 01:47 PM
I donlt add anything to my chake phyisically but post training I take a shake, some bananas an a handfull of nuts to give a good balanced meal .....

gino
03-08-2001, 01:51 PM
Here's a tasty one

8oz water
16oz milk
1 banana
4 egg whites
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract

If you have Vanilla flavored whey, just add a scoop to the shake. If you have strawberry whey, leave out the spices and vanilla extract.

Franco
03-08-2001, 01:55 PM
This is what I have after my workout
1 scoop Prolab Isolate + 5g glutamine, 1g Vitamin C
Oatmeal

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-08-2001, 03:35 PM
Gino (my hero): is that 4 raw egg whites?

YatesNightBlade
03-09-2001, 01:33 AM
CD ...... is that your signature up there ^ or are you still talking to Gino ???

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-09-2001, 07:06 AM
Bit of both really Yates

kAto
03-09-2001, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

I also take Glucosamine sulphate after trainning, along with some vit C, B and E. These extra vitamins are not necessary, but they help with recovery. The glucosamine is for my tendons. Also, you may want to try cod liver oil for joints - keeps them nice and lubricated.

These are only suggestions for you, not necessities.

Good luck.

im glad you mention the glucosamine, when you train heavy this is a must, sometimes eating alone is not enough, and supping with this is a great idea.

ive been doing this for a while now and i feel 100% each time i hit the iron. im glad others have decided to take care of there joints.

btw, what brand do you use?

hemants
03-09-2001, 07:47 AM
Shake for me is a good opportunity to get stuff I normally don't like (eg. fruit, I like it but I'm lazy)

What I have

1 cup milk
1 pear
or 1 apple
and/or 1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries or strawberries
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
3 scoops whey protein isolate

throw it in a blender and drink

this is my first meal in the morning and my post workout drink

i also try to vary the fruit (peaches, plums) all with the peel to get you enough fiber. Make sure you wash'em and get organic if u can.

gino
03-09-2001, 10:26 AM
Yeah C Daddy, those whites are raw.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-09-2001, 12:50 PM
Gino: Eww...

Kato: i use a cheap supermarket brand. It costs about 4 for 30 tabs. I think this is an excellent investment, cause they really do work.

gino
03-10-2001, 01:12 PM
You cannot taste the difference between a shake with or a shake without egg whites.

heathj
03-10-2001, 08:20 PM
I like fruit shakes

Example:
1 cup ice
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup pears
1 banana
1/2 apple slices

Blend this all up...you can add as much or as little fruit as you want..taking certain fruits or adding will obviously change the taste a lot, so find what you like and stick with it. Fruit shakes are cheap and taste very good. Sometimes it's good to pour some yogurt in to make the blending easier.