PDA

View Full Version : Whats up guys?

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey guys Mike Wolfe here from Westside Barbell. Just joined the At Large Nutrition Team and Chris Mason asked me to come over and check things out over here. So I'll be hanging out answering any question you guys got to the best of my ability. But so you know I'm still learning to, so if I cant answer it I'll try and find an answer for ya.

Look forward to helping out and making my presence felt!!!

Wolfy!!!!

Built
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
WOW!

So awesome to have Westside here in the e-flesh!

Greetings, and welcome!

HeavyBomber
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
That's awesome Wolfy. I'm looking forward to getting your perspective too.

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 07:40 PM
LOL, I'm no one special just trying to helpout :)

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 07:40 PM
So is everyone pretty cool over here or is there trolls here to?

Built
05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Aye, there be trolls.

We eat them - they're excellent for bulking!

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I like them sauted in butter myself :)

Built
05-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh, honey - a man after my own heart!

EVERYTHING tastes good sautéed in butter!

waynedang
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
What's up wolfy? I have been a member here awhile but didn't come around much but with the MM forum down this looks like a good place to be.I don't post alot but I read most things so bring on knowledge.

Wayne

bigbadwolfe
05-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Sup WayneDang, was wondering if that might be you, Yeah Chris asked me to chekc ito ut and since MM is down and probably out I needed a new place to call home. I've looked over the page it looks pretty cool, lots of good info here. Just Hope I can help.

waynedang
05-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah I hang out on the ryanopower forum and chicagopowerlifting mostly but need a place like this to shoot ????'s to people. I also really like the Atlarge stuff so this seemed like a good place.

KevinStarke
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Nice to have you man, lookin forward to learning some good info on benching.

getfit
05-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Welcome

chris mason
05-22-2006, 05:28 AM
I think Mike is too humble. He is an top tier bencher with a mid 800s bench to his credit. We are very glad to have him on the team and posting here.

As for the trolls Mike, these boards are pretty highly moderated so they are kept under wraps.

Clifford Gillmore
05-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Its a huge privalage to have you grace our boards big guy! I'm new to the powerlifting scene, but I'm enjoying thanks to inspirational guys like you :).

How do you feel about your 900lbs goal for October?

Sensei
05-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow is right! Thanks for joining us!

I saw pics of you doing bench w. KBs and I'm wondering if many of the WS guys are using them these days. What kinds of things are you doing w. KBs?

Thanks!

Isaac Wilkins
05-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Good to have you on board here, man. I've enjoyed your posts on Irongodz and we're lucky to have you here.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable.

bigbadwolfe
05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Guys thanks for the kind words.

Senseis as for the KB's i dont know what everyone else does with them, But I use them for some tri work like you seen in the pic. You can use them for tri extensions or for tri presses. We have done both.

TECHO
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Dude!!! You're huge!

Nice to meet you. :D And welcome to the boards!

::modifies Avatar:: "Wannabe2000's Wolfe"

Eszekial
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow... just wow....

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey Mike.

You may remember me from a private party in a nightclub in Ohio after the Arnold Classic. I was with Steve, Melissa and your buddy Nick Winters (the only reason we got into the room really lol).

For anyone who doesn't know, i cannot stress the sheer size and stature of Mike.

bigbadwolfe
05-26-2006, 05:32 PM
yeah I remeber you, Melissa and you guys were super cool tell all of them I said Hey!!! Nick graduated College this past weekend time for him to move into the Real World!! HAHAHA!!!

Take care Bro!!! Wolfy!!!!

Brian O
06-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Mike, I see you wandred over here from the MM site. Never met ya but you is a big mo fo. I'll try to keep my deadlift up with your bench press.lol

bigbadwolfe
06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Whats up Brian,

I had never been here before and Chris from aT Large told me about it, i needed a new place to call home and seeing as how MM is down here I am :)

Keep up the good work on the deadlift :)

Wolfy!!!!!!

ERICDOWNEY
06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
LOL, I'm no one special just trying to helpout :)

OH THE'LL ALL BE WONDERING

WHO THE HELL IS MIKE WOLFE

vikingpower
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Mike, found this forum this morning. since MM went down, did not know where everybody had gone. Seems cool. Anyway, did not get a chance to thank you for the advice on my bench and for watching the videos I send. Will let you know how things go next weekend at my meet and will be sending a video of my first 500 bench. BTW, when is your next meet? chad mcmullin

bigbadwolfe
06-08-2006, 01:31 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! I was wondering how long it would take for that to carry over!!!! Hahahaha!!!!! Nice to see you made it over here Eric :) Hope all is well?

Chad no prob bro I love to give back as much as possible. Keep sending the vids I love to see your progress!!!!

Wolfy!!!!!

bman
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey big boy glad to see you some where I can shout at you again. Hey Chris Mason good going you are deffinately right about Mike. He's one show away from being top 4. This guy has 900 anytime he bothers to get it. I certainly appreciate your support of powerlifting and count me as a customer from now on. Be insulting you soon big boy.

waynedang
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
OH THE'LL ALL BE WONDERING

WHO THE HELL IS MIKE WOLFE

I was going to ask the same thing:thumbup:

bigbadwolfe
06-09-2006, 01:50 PM
The question is do they really wanna know? HAHAHA!!!!!

waynedang
06-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Nope I heard about you so I will just take your word on it :whip:

bigbadwolfe
06-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Hahahaha, I bet it was all good to was'nt it :)

ERICDOWNEY
06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! I was wondering how long it would take for that to carry over!!!! Hahahaha!!!!! Nice to see you made it over here Eric :) Hope all is well?

Chad no prob bro I love to give back as much as possible. Keep sending the vids I love to see your progress!!!!

Wolfy!!!!!

YEAH BRO ALL IS WELL. LIKE I TOLD YOU I STARTED TRAINING WITH JK AND LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING SOME GOOD WORK DONE UNDER THE BAR. BOTH SQUAT AND BENCH.

bigbadwolfe
06-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Squat, what is that?

ERICDOWNEY
06-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Squat, what is that?

ITS THAT THING YOUR GONNA DO WHEN YOU TRY TO OUT DO THE BODYBUILDER LIKE THE LEG PRESS TIME AND THE 405 SHOULDER PRESS.
WHICH BY THE WAY WHEN YOU HURT YOURSELF CAN I COME WATCH HALBERT KICK YOUR ASS ALL OVER WESTSIDE?

bigbadwolfe
06-16-2006, 01:41 PM
No more stupid **** like that for me. Luckily enuf the legpress did not hurt to bad but my shoulder is still sore form the overhead lockouts. I know i'm a dumbass!!!!

Wolfy!!!!

Stumprrp
06-17-2006, 07:15 AM
wolfy - im sure you have heard of the 20 rep breathing squat routine, im currently doing it but i have a free day on wednesday i may devote totally to the bench press powerlifting style, imo benching heavy as hell is still going to get you big, i was wondering how i should set the day up, alot of people i see say to do alot of tricep work, rear delt, and BB Row type stuff, do you think this will still benifit me bulking wise along with getting my bench way up?

bigbadwolfe
06-17-2006, 09:29 AM
The tricep, rear delt, and back work are a must!!! Well at least for a competition bench they are. Are you currently doing a chest day also and are planning on adding in an extra bench day? Or will this be the only day you do any chest work? But yeah to answer your question those will hlep greatly, and try to do about for Max Effort moves rotating them weekly, so every fourth week you are back to the first move and the ntry a PR. Emial me I can help you set something up, bigbadwolfe800@yahoo.com

Wolfy!!!!

Stumprrp
06-17-2006, 09:38 AM
sent.