PDA

View Full Version : Body fat % and HIIT calorie loss question!?

crazyskater52
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering, how can I find out my body fat %? And also does anyone know how many calories burn while HIIT sessions? And if my body could take it, can I run like 3 HIIT sessions a day, and still burn calories?

kw1k
05-22-2006, 12:48 AM
good question

ddegroff
05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
BF test at any gym, some charge others don't ask around.

Not sure exactly how many calories HIIT burns, but if your doing it correctly one session twice a week should be all you need. IF you were to do it three times a day it would still burn calories each time (all activity burns cals).

d'Anconia
05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah but if you're doing full HIIT sessions, then 3x a day would be absolute overload. Stick with 2-3x a week, not a day.
Naturally it will burn calories (you're moving around, ain't ya?) BUT there is kinda a gray area in HIIT research I think because it's hard to calculate how many calories are burned AND even if they calculate that, from what I understand most of the fat that is burned gets burned over the course of the next 12-18 hours.

I've wondered this question for several months and it's ridiculously difficult to get a good answer.

crazyskater52
05-23-2006, 08:04 AM
It gets burned after? Are you sure? How wierd... No I'm not going to do it 2-3 times a day, I was just wondering, I want to do it once a week and maybe osmetimes two times in a day, but it kills me so idk lol

teck
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
if you got a good strict diet and say twice a week at the most then you should be fine, and lifting consistingly then you will be fine.

When you do your session you have about a 50min window where you burn fat at the highest rate and then it slows down through the next 12 hours. Just like your window of oppertunity when you work out it is the same for cardio, correct me if i am wrong that is

ddegroff
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
It gets burned after? Are you sure? How wierd... No I'm not going to do it 2-3 times a day, I was just wondering, I want to do it once a week and maybe osmetimes two times in a day, but it kills me so idk lol

HIIT training oxidises fat molecules to burned later on after exercise (i believe). I'm sure a good search will answer that question.