PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

JustinF
05-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Yup. I might as well be a new guy, since it's been so long since I have posted here. I've still been behind the scenes with the moderating, but as far as working out and posting I have been doing pretty much nothing. Things are much better in life right now, so I am ready to start back up. Heather is doing much better as well, for those that know the story, she appreciated all of the well wishes, as did I. Thanks.

Anyways, life is good. We are looking at selling our condo in the near future and buying a house. This will be a big step for us in starting the new family. The new job is still going well, everything now seems to be in order with exception to my training.

Football has started, man have I missed it. I should've never stopped. If the knee goes, it goes. I figure getting a replacement will be almost better than the bum knee I have now, so screw it. May as well have fun when it goes.

Had a chat with ericg last night, we have decided to have a cutting contest. It will last 4 months, and hopefully the end result will be both of us being lean and fit. I'll post pictures when all is said as done, as I'm too damn embarrased to post them now. I have ballooned up to around 320lbs, not obese or anything, but definitely carrying around too much weight. I think between the cutting contest and playing football I should be pretty successful. I'll be doing a 3 day split, with cardio on Tuesday, football practice on Thursday and some form of cardio on the weekend.

I'm looking forward to finally getting this part of my life back on track.

First workout to follow.

getfit
05-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Nice to see you back Justin.Good Luck with the cut :)

JustinF
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
5/22/06

Training:

Flat Press
15x225, 8x245, 8x245, 8x245

Preacher Curls
10x115, 10x115, 10x115

Incline DB Press
8x75's, 8s75's, 8s75's

DB Preacher Curls
10x65's, 10x65's

Pec Dec
12x180x3

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 1 white scrambled, multi-vite, 4 FOC's

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 can tuna

Meal 3: 2 Tuna sammiches, 1 apple, 4 FOC's

Meal 4: TBD

Meal 5: TBD

Meal 6: TBD

Water: TBD

Calories Eaten Today
TBD

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

ericg
05-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Weak session???

Looks like I am in for a tough battle.

HILL
05-22-2006, 09:09 AM
6'5 at 320 pounds is big man and thats no weak session. Looking forward to see how this goes and i no its tough as im about 8 months into a cut now.

KevinStarke
05-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Hell yah man great to see you back and see that everything is on track. Dont know about you but that looks like a strong session to me. Oh and your officially 2 of me now.

Phelon
05-22-2006, 10:13 AM
good session, glad to see you back.

f=ma
05-22-2006, 10:20 AM
holy ****, 6'5 320, youre a big ass dude

very nice workout bro.. where are you buying a house at? just curious.. im about to buy a condo this winter in chicago if at all possible

Coke
05-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Muscle memory kicked in right from the start, lol - numbers not bad at all...best wishes on everything!!

cphafner
05-23-2006, 06:07 AM
congrats on the house and football. Now starting making us all feel weak.

JustinF
05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Sylvia- Thank you much!!

eric- We both are bro, we both are.

HILL- I am well aware that cutting is not easy. My last cut was succesful, but very long ago. I have much further to go this time around, as well.

Kevin- LOL. In this case, 2 of you in not a good thing. When I am 2 of you @10% BF, THEN I'll be happy! ;)

Phelon- Thanks man.

f=ma Yeah, I'm a big dude, but fat too, right now. Looking to buy a house in Central Mass.

Coke- I appreciate your support, as you always have. It did feel like a weak session to me!

Conor- It'll be a bit before I satrt makinh ya feel weak! Believe that!

JustinF
05-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Right now my biggest obstacle is getting enough food. I am so busy at work, I just lose track of time and don't set aside the time to feed myself. I have been low on calories all this week, and for that matter for the past 6 months or so. My metabolism is likely that of a snail at this point. Food choices have been clean this week, but not near enough. I am going to work this out and be ready to go for next weak.

I missed my session today, as I couldn't drag my ass out of bed. I have no choice but to get up from now on, as work has been so busy, by the time I get out it's the last thing I want to do. I can't wait until I finally buy a house so I can get my home gym, the dungeon set up again.

Football practice tomorrow, so no gym. I am going to start using my fitday account again next week.

That's about it for now. I'll update in a couple of days.

p34c3!

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 05:36 PM
wow your more than two of me!! and a whole foot taller too! ****!
what u mil press?
soz im obsessed with mil presses! hehe

ericg
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I with ya on the slow metabolism. Hell I have a hard time getting 2000 clean calls in per day. I just started my fitday back up and it has helped so far. Have fun at practise tomorrow bro - knock some heads!!