PDA

View Full Version : Body Crashed???

WBBIRL
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Crippy and Nito have informed me that my body is "crashed" and that I should talk to someone who knows more about it.

They say its "crashed" because I need to go as low as 2000 calories to slowly cut. Id say im about 5'10" weigh about 296lbs. Chest measures 56" right now, quads are 33", calfs are 19", neck is 21.5", biceps cold are 18.25" and waist is 44".

I serisouly tracked my calroies and stuck to a good low cal diet for about 6-7 weeks in which I went from 315 to 292 and have since gained back about 6lbs. I was takeing in on average 1800-2100 cals and loseing just over 2lbs per week.

TECHO
05-22-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't even know what "crashed" means :(

DoUgL@S
05-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Your metabolism has adapted to the extremely low (for your size) caloric intake, and has actually become more efficient than before at utilizing calories. This may mean using lean mass as fuel and holding on to fat because you are probably in starvation mode.

You may need need to reset your metabolism by taking in more calories. You can do a refeed, but you have been at this long enough that you need to eat at maintenance for a bit longer than a day or two. By maintenance I mean the caloric intake at which you maintained previously. If you do not know what this is raise your caloric intake to something more reasonable. 14-15 cal/lb body weight appears to be the consensus on this forum for maintenance for a ball park figure.

4000 cals/day would by my first guess, then adjust as necessary. I am sure others with more knowledge will chime in shortly.

Davidelmo
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
^^ Yup.

This worked for a friend of mine. He was 260lbs, eating around 1500kcal a day and not losing any weight.

I had him eat 4000kcal for 2 weeks and now he's cutting on around 3000kcal and it's working.

WBBIRL, dont forget that your maintenance cals fall as your weight falls. If you were losing 2lbs a week, your maintenance cals will be falling slightly too.
However, those calories do seem VERY low for a guy your size!

HILL
05-23-2006, 02:01 AM
yeh your far to low on the cals mate which is why your metabolism has slowed down and you wont be loosing weight. have a refeed at 4000 or so cals. then start cutting at 3000 mcals i know fine well you will loose weight at these cals. if you dont or when you stop loosing drop them to 2700 then 2500