PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

Mike G
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Had a journal on here about a year ago. Was powerlifting at the time and getting strong following Westside, but also getting fat. After having a physical and being told I had gained 40 pounds during the year, decided to lose some weight. I continued to lift the entire time, but not as consistently as I should have been. I have also changed routines about five times over the course of the year, just read too much and end up second guessing myself. Never used to do that and that is when I made the best gains. I decided to start reading the forum again and read the journals of guys who were just entering their first comps when I stopped reading the site (Drew, Starke ect..). This got the fire going again and now I am dedicated to just getting stronger without putting on a lot of fat. I am going to follow the Westside principles I had used before. Numbers are low right now, but I expected that after following so many different routines over the last year.

ME Squat
Good Mornings - 215 for one (down about 40 pounds)

SLDL 225 x 4
275 x 4 (grip slipped on smooth bar)
245 x 4

Hypers BW x 8 3 sets

Obliques 60 x 10 3 sets

Didn't go crazy today. I had to hurry through my workout so I could get to my first grad class today. Tomorrow will be better, no classes. ACL surgery destroyed my squats and after two and a half years of getting quad strength back they still suck. Oh well, just have to work harder. Any tips on routine would be great and very welcomed.

Mike G
05-23-2006, 02:35 PM
ME Bench

Flat Bench
335 x 1
355 x 1

Close Grip
225 x 8 3 sets

Shrugs
315 x 10
355 x 10
385 x 10

OH Bent Rows
185 x 8 3 sets

Light shoulder work

Good workout. First time maxing on bench in a long time. Not great, but about what I expected. I wanted another five pounds, but was done after 355. Now I have my starting point for bench and will test it again after a few months of lifting. I have cut the workload because I think that hurt my gains when using Westside before.

Eszekial
05-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Rock on home fry.