PDA

View Full Version : Cardio

atreyuballa87
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I've done a little reading on doing cardio on off days. What they say is don't do it too much because it effects your ability to gain muscle. Is that correct? I currently do a modified WBB#1 and want to add 2 days of elliptical into workout (20 minute sessions each). I was thinking something like lift on M W F and do elliptical in morning on T and TH. Is this ok?

teck
05-23-2006, 09:36 AM
what are your goals?

Cardio will cut into your gains a bit as your body will call on muscle for fuel, we do try and reduce this as best as we can but you will lose some gains, also depending on the intesity of your cardio.

Why do you want to do cardio?

McIrish
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Cut the cardio, add some sprinting instead.

Rhino290
05-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I've done a little reading on doing cardio on off days. What they say is don't do it too much because it effects your ability to gain muscle. Is that correct? I currently do a modified WBB#1 and want to add 2 days of elliptical into workout (20 minute sessions each). I was thinking something like lift on M W F and do elliptical in morning on T and TH. Is this ok?

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish, Decide that then inpliment your cardio as needed. For example, I start my cardio 6 weeks before a show, low intensity, becasue i weigh so much, I let the diet and supps do most of the work for me.

If you are a straight powerlifter, I would think cardio is uneccessary and detrimental. Again, what is your goal, then choose your plan of execution.

teck
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish, Decide that then inpliment your cardio as needed. For example, I start my cardio 6 weeks before a show, low intensity, becasue i weigh so much, I let the diet and supps do most of the work for me.

:withstupi
i was waiting till i see your first post!lol

i normally have 1 cardio a week and that is for soccer. i cant escape it but i enjoy it and keeps my heart in nick. but if your trying to bulk then dont bother.

charles_316
05-23-2006, 03:09 PM
yeah i do it sometimes for soccer as well...