PDA

View Full Version : More ANABOLIC... hGH Or Insulin?

MonStar1023
01-23-2002, 08:31 AM
I am curious as to what you guys think about which of your body's hormones is more anabolic, hGH or insulin? As you all know I am following NHE where he greatly supports hGH and IGF-1 hormone secretion. I was thinking though that maybe insulin is more anabolic than hGH. Rob recommends protein and fat postworkout, not carbs. But I am thinking that insulin is more anabolic so carbs would be favorable and more promising postworkout.

What do you guys think?

:confused::confused:

syntekz
01-23-2002, 08:53 AM
Can't have one without the other. So....

PowerManDL
01-23-2002, 09:00 AM
Testosterone.

MonStar1023
01-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Test huh? Wow interesting..

Because NHE maximizes test and hGH during the high-fat days or whatever and supposedly maximizes insulin during the carb-ups.. what do you guys think of this?

:cool::cool:

01-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Monstar, insulin is more anabolic than hGH in terms of protein synthesis and eventual hypertrophy (muscle building). But it's downside is it's also more lipogenic (fat building).

In terms of packing on the most amount of lbs and weight possible over a given period of time, I don't think the NHE plan is the best. The NHE plan is more geared at packing on as much lean muscle mass as possible while adding as little fat as possible in the process. So its almost essentially a slow 1 step forward, 0 steps back process, and leaving you near lean all-year round (depending your starting bf). I also love the easibility it has in switching from the bodybuilding back to the cutting plan for a few weeks then switching back again, while still staying in the fat burning mode.

While a high insulin producing diet may pack on muscle the quickest it also packs on fat the quickest, so remember the fat you put on eventually you have to re-diet off during a time where an NHE dieter is still packing on that solid muscle. So a bulking diet thats highly insulin producing is essentially 2 steps forward, 1 steps back, for the knowledgable dieters, but for most its more like 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-23-2002, 10:37 AM
If i had to choose between the two i'd say Insulin. hGH is good for lipolysis and muscle recovery but for anabolism alone insulin is 'better'.

failing that, test.

gino
01-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Insulin is by far the most anabolic.

Wizard
01-23-2002, 02:02 PM
We can't compare two totally different things..

Insulin is super anabolic.

IGF-1 is super anabolic too.

HGH is not anabolic.

Test is anabolic.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Wizard
HGH is not anabolic.

Yes it is.

Wizard
01-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Yes it is.

No it is not. :o

Growth hormone has been claimed to promote IGF-1 as a mechanism of its action.

the doc
01-23-2002, 02:57 PM
uh oh

:disagree:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Go tell that to Ronnie Coleman.

Wizard
01-23-2002, 03:03 PM
I'll tell him to STFU...

Maki Riddington
01-23-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Yes it is.

*** Not by itself it really isn't.

Severed Ties
01-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Slin is the single strongest anabolic hormone in your body.

ST

MonStar1023
01-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Severed Ties-
Slin? I lost you bro sorry... slin is the most anabolic hormone in your body? I am confused if IGF-1 is super anabolic, and so is test, and so is insulin- whats the BEST way to optimize all of your body's natural hormones? What type of diet?

:help::help:

I guess NHE doesnt do it then..?

skinnykid
01-23-2002, 11:44 PM
can you give me a link (website url) for the NHE diet or program?
I want to try it

Qea
01-23-2002, 11:59 PM
The official site is www.extique.com I believe

They're selling the books on bodybuilding.com too

MonStar1023
01-24-2002, 07:10 PM
bump

gino
01-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Severed Ties
Slin is the single strongest anabolic hormone in your body.

ST

Monstar, that's insulin he's referring to, and yes it is the most anabolic.

PowerManDL
01-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MonStar1023
Severed Ties-
Slin? I lost you bro sorry... slin is the most anabolic hormone in your body? I am confused if IGF-1 is super anabolic, and so is test, and so is insulin- whats the BEST way to optimize all of your body's natural hormones? What type of diet?

IGF-1 isn't a hormone, first of all. Its a growth factor. The two are similar, but not quite the same thing.

IGF-1 is the main mechanism by which all the other anabolic hormones in the body exercise their influence. Insulin and test have anabolic qualities in themselves as well, but even those work with or stimulate IGF-1 in some way.

Best bet for bulking? Forget all the hGH crap and EAT goddammit!

01-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

Best bet for bulking? Forget all the hGH crap and EAT goddammit!

when bulking.. ya..

the doc
01-25-2002, 07:40 PM
no doubt insulin is the most anabolic. Insulin is a storage hormone, thus growth MUST be the result. fats, sugars, aminos all are shuttled into cells under its influence.
is is the most muscle building? i'd say that is a hard one. As st was saying, steroids used without insulin (by using a low carb diet) received poorer results than those who ate a lot of carbs. What this means is that muscle cannot be built without testosterone AND insulin.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 05:32 AM
IGF-1 is anabolic like insulin, but it not fat storing like insulin [right?]

Anyone know how this is?

the doc
01-26-2002, 06:41 AM
IGF-1 is a growth factor, not a freely circulating hormone. I believe its effects are localized within the cellular matrix which produced it.

IGF is part of a cascade of factors which support celluar growth. It alone is not anabolic persay but is part of this larger ligand/receptor cascade

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-26-2002, 07:10 AM
lol, ok Doc, i'm still non-the-wiser haha..