PDA

View Full Version : Which should I choose??

WBBIRL
05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Nitrean or 100% ON WHEY... price is "sort" of an issue.

I could get 20lbs of ON for what I would pay for 13.8lbs of Nitrean.....

Mind you that the ON would last 2 months and the Nitrean would last about 10 days less. Both contain the same protein per shake, but the ON is obvisouly only whey and the Nitrean is a blend. Is it worth it??

leveque
05-23-2006, 07:59 PM
From what I hear, protein blends are more beneficial. If price is a factor, you can shop around for a cheaper protein blend...or a smaller sized one. I usually only buy 2 lbs of a product at a time because I like switching up flavors.

Whey protein isn't bad either though. If you go with ON 100% Whey, I recommend the rocky road flavor. It tastes pretty good (with milk anyway). I didn't like the cookies & cream though.

WORLD
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Can you buy them at the same place? No shipping charges?

WBBIRL
05-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I would get the nitrean right off of atlarge.com and the ON from allsportsnutrition....

Prices would be similar, very similar...

Im just wondering if the blend is really worth giving up an extra 7lbs or so of whey... if I wasnt getting the ON at half retail price then I would undoubtly get Nitrean as its a better producet at a much better price then ON (at retail of course).

Optimum08
05-23-2006, 10:20 PM
at the price your saying, i would go for the ON. i mean your getting such a great price that its something that i couldn't pass up.

Optimum08
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
but u also said the ON would only last you 10 days more than the Nitrean? i don't know how your gonna consume ~6 lbs. of protein within 10 days, but if thats the case about only lasting you 10 more days go with the Nitrean.

WBBIRL
05-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Each shake has 24g of protein in both kinds... I would use 5 per day (im thinking maybe a tad less on weekends?? or would that be a bad idea).

The ON has 155 servings per 10lb bag, so thats 310 total divided by 5 per day gives me about 2 months and 2 days to eat 20lbs of ON whey.

The Nitrean has 70 servings per 4.6lb container so that equals out to 210 servings. 42 days is all I would get out of the Nitrean and that would still only be 120g of protein per day and about 110$ per month.

So your right, I would get an extra 20 days on the ON but would sacrfice the casin and egg for the extra whey.

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm biased because I buy AtLarge and I hand this stuff off like it's candy. People are jacking the stuff from me left and right.

I like the taste better, i like that it has a slower profile, i like that the customer service is just damn good.

I'm sorry but AtLarge is just the way to go.

They eat shipping and they pick up your phone calls at freaking 10pm their time.

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 12:42 PM
And Chris writes you a love letter.