PDA

View Full Version : oh wtf do I do now?

phatmonky
05-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I started the year off screwed from hurricane Rita. Then I hurt my shoulder at work. I've spent the last 2.5 months busting my ass with good determination and put a lot of size right back on quick (~15lbs gain and one inch off the waist)
Sounds great? Right?

Well, almost. I'm tall, and thin.

I'm 6'3" and 193 empty in the morning. So close to 200, but still look like a stick (at least in my opinion).

So I should bulk, right? Well again, that would be the case if this was september and not may, and I wasn't atleast a little vain about being lean during the summer. I've always held around 9-10% body fat until late last year and am sitting at 13% now. I'm lean looking due to my height, but the 'pooch' on my stomach is less than flattering, no matter how much I have been adding to the rest of me.

So I don't want to lose the bit of muscle I DO have, but I want to be leaner. I read a bunch on other sites about body recomposition (which is what it sounds like I did in the first place by gaining weight and losing some belly), but now I've read several forums tellings me that recomposition is hard and doesn't work well once you are as low body fat as I am. I know 13% is nothing for this board.

So, what do I do? Cut real quick and then bulk clean until I can get fat for the winter? Is recomposition that hard? If I just maintain my weight and keep lifting heavy will my body change?

Just and FYI, current diet looks like:

3048 calories
141fat 245carb 223protein

Thanks for any input

Margin Of Error
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Trust me, 99% of women will forgive a little "pooch" if you have some real mass on your body.

Plus, abs are overrated. I say keep clean bulking.

UrbanSmooth
05-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Why is it always about what they want? What do you want? I'd say keep bulking, man. If you think you're skinny, then, start bulking! Don't waste time being skinny, just eat everything in sight! Bump the calories up to 4500 a day and get back to us. You're a man, remember!

Jordanbcool
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Why is it always about what they want? What do you want? I'd say keep bulking, man. If you think you're skinny, then, start bulking! Don't waste time being skinny, just eat everything in sight! Bump the calories up to 4500 a day and get back to us. You're a man, remember!

Great point. Abs are icing on the cake but I just want to be proud of my body. If your happy with yourself with a little stomach then thats great. Most girls dont care about six packs anyways. The only time they will see them is if they are banging you or your at a pool. Get some ass behind you, then if you still want to lose the tummy then do it.

-jordan

TexasDevil
05-23-2006, 09:09 PM
^^^ Jordan ur fukin hillarious, o and nice video btw watched about 3 times now

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Plus, abs are overrated.No.

Most girls dont care about six packs anyways.The ones that don't count about six packs don't. ;)

To the OP. It really is up to you. If you want to continue putting on mass, then keep bulking. If you are happy with what you have right now, then go on a cut and enjoy your muscles in all their low body fat, shredded glory.

motoko013
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
i would bulk up and then cut....it'll be better in the long run

Phelon
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
do a clean bulk.

Saint Patrick
05-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Agree with the others, keep bulking and quit being so vain.

Good thing Arnold's not here, or he'd call you a Girlie man :)

teck
05-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Good thing Arnold's not here, or he'd call you a Girlie man :)

haha! "if it wobbles its fat!" i love that quote!

Dude bulk! i used to care about my abs (i still do at times!) but if you got a big back and pounding chest they aint gonna care! and if they do...:whip: or just squat them!