PDA

View Full Version : Take a look give me some feedback please

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Here's a summary of what occured this year:
I started bulking in September of 05, but I didn't really start seeing significant gains until I started taking a protein supplement (and adding 1000 calories of canola oil to each shake once a day), and I significantly cut back the amount of running I did.
I got up to 160 pounds, dropped a little weight before spring break, worked slowly on my strength until the end of the school year (ate around maintenence), and then started a slow cut about 3 weeks ago. I've lost about 2 pounds since I started cutting, as I really want to protect LBM.
The first pic is me at 160, the rest are of me now.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Heres more:
I want to drop my body fat significantly, like drop down to 6 or 7%, and then do a slow bulk for the rest of the summer. If I could be bigger, and at the same bodyfat I am now I would be happy. I want more mass, but I really don't want to put on any more fat this summer than I have now. What bodyfat % would you estimate I'm at now?
EDIT: I'm only flexing in the legs, and bicep/tricep pics. The back and chest pictures are me relaxed.

WillKuenzel
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd force feed you some cheeseburgers, dude.

If you're this lean now, don't worry about putting on fat, because, really, you won't. You're lean and your body will stay that way. I started the same as you and bulked until over 200 with relatively the same body fat. Bulking doesn't have to mean getting fat. Gain about a pound every other week and you can bet it won't be fat.

drew
05-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Eat more. Lots more. I gained almost 40 lbs last summer and put on very little body fat, and I'm not very lean to begin with.

Also, who's the chick in the first pic? Is she hot? And if so, post more pics of her. If not, disregard.

getfit
05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
i'm with Will and Drew, eat son,eat and get big and strong!

RBB
05-24-2006, 03:01 PM
don't worry about getting fat on a bulk. you're naturally lean. you can gain a lot of quality mass without putting on too much fat. take hy's advice and start pounding the cheesburgers.

Nosaj
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Looking good man, lean and strong. I recommend you bulk. Do a slow bulk (HY's advice of a pound every other week would be a good goal) and you will avoid any excessive fat gain. You are very lean and do not need to be worrying about your bf%. Realistically, even if you gained some substantial weight you seem to have good genetics and will most likely only increase your bf% by a minimal amount. And as far as personal perspective goes, your goals are your own and in the end you will do what you want but losing a defined six pack to put some quality LBM on a skinny frame will do you much more good in the long run. Thick shoulders, delts, chest and lats can all be seen with a shirt on and off, abs only come into play with a shirt off, and if you only have em' because you're a stringbean you're probably not impressing anyone anyways. Think long term, what do you want your body to look like, and what would be the fastest way to achieve that? Good luck and good work so far.

Skinny Fat
05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Dude:

1) You're not built very big at all.
2) You can see your abs right now.

Why on Earth would you be cutting? You could eat an extra cheeseburger at every meal and probably still see your abs. You need to gain muscle before you can show it off.

(<-sad, fat man :()

Tofer
05-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I have to agree. You're way too skinny right now. If you keep cutting you're going to cross into Gollum-territory. Take Nosaj's (and everyone else in this thread's) advice.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 04:24 PM
So the general conensus is I can bulk slow without putting on the fat? Should I eat like 300 above my maintence, and load up on the protein?
EDIT: I really don't want to look like I did when I was 160.

lso, who's the chick in the first pic? Is she hot? And if so, post more pics of her. If not, disregard. haha yeah, but I think it might cross some moral boundaries if I post pictures of a someone up on the internet without their consent...

WillKuenzel
05-24-2006, 05:18 PM
What's your maintenance caloric intake right now?

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Its around 2200 calories give or take. I'm waiting to do fitday again until I get my nitrean in the mail. But the week I did do fitday, I was eating a little over 2200 calories a day and my body didn't change. So I'm going to bump that up to 2500 and see what happens.

WillKuenzel
05-24-2006, 06:11 PM
It takes something like 2500 calories to put on a pound of muscle and 3500 calories to put on fat. So to get an extra pound of muscle over the course of 2 weeks you need an extra 180 calories a day. This is for an extremely slow lean bulk. Remember that activity cuts into that though so on more active days you'll have to eat more.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 08:37 PM
It takes something like 2500 calories to put on a pound of muscle

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

Jorge Sanchez
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Let's say you need to sleep 8hrs/day and workout for another 1hr/day. The remaining 15hrs of your day needs to be spent eating.

Mercuryblade
05-25-2006, 12:00 AM
he remaining 15hrs of your day needs to be spent eating.

That made me laugh, but I put on weight so terribly when I do a serious bulk that I can't do it in the summer. I basically just get more and more pear shaped.

Chronic
05-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Its around 2200 calories give or take. I'm waiting to do fitday again until I get my nitrean in the mail. But the week I did do fitday, I was eating a little over 2200 calories a day and my body didn't change. So I'm going to bump that up to 2500 and see what happens.

I'm so jealous of people that only have to eat around 2000 calories to maintain. I'm eating 4000-5000 and I'm stuck at 183 lbs. This blows

Gabrielle
05-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Definitely keep bulking. Look at your leg pics. You have a lot of room for growth, just look at your shoulder to waist ratio. I know it is a tough hurdle to get over the super lean ecto not get fat ideology, but trust me bulk slow, put on the size and then cut down. Keep a photo journal so you can see your progress also. Good luck

Clifford Gillmore
05-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Id get someone to hold your jaw open and you learn to swallow whole food, rather than chew it. Grow man!

MM
05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Eat more. Lots more. I gained almost 40 lbs last summer and put on very little body fat, and I'm not very lean to begin with.

Also, who's the chick in the first pic? Is she hot? And if so, post more pics of her. If not, disregard.

As usual, Drew gives out great advice. Definitely post more pics of the girl if she's attractive.

Oh yeah, and the other thing. Lots of the ****ing other thing.