PDA

View Full Version : I want to look like this, is it impossible?

gains2385
05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43d85bc0zed0d77c7/afcdre2/__sr_/d860re2.jpg?phw8NdEBx8nhhsCv
Alright, so I figure some of you might realize where I got this picture from. It is the flagship photo for this season of Abercrombie stuff. I have been a lurker for probably about 3-4 months on here and really appreciate all the stuff on the site. One of the things that I really noticed is how ripped Built is. What really sold me on the whole diet thing was when I saw the Spring Break Cruise Photos that Beast put up. I then pm'd him a few times and he hooked me up with the t-nation carb cycling diet and I have been on it for 5 weeks now and have seen positive results. My split is:
Monday: Chest
5x5 Flat Bench 225 lbs
3x10 incline bench
3x12 Reverse push ups

Tuesday:Back
5x5 Deadlifts 285 lbs
5x5 Shrugs on Trap bar 225
3x10 bent over rows 135 lbs

Wednesday: Shoulders
5x5 Arnold presses (dumbbell) 70lbs each arm
5x5 Bent over to work the back of shoulders 70 lbs
5x5 Front barbell raise 60lbs

Thursday: Arms
5x5 Preacher Dumbbell curls 45lbs
5x5 Lying Triceps Extension 45lbs
5x5 Wrist Dumbbell Curls 45lbs
3x10 Hammer Curls 40lbs
3x10 Tricep Kickbacks 40lbs
3x10 Reverse Wrist Curls (N/A)

Friday: Wheels (Legs)
5x5 Squats 185 lbs
3x12 Lunges 70lbs
3x10 Calf Raises holding 70 lbs in each arm dumbell

Weekend Rest

So I guess that is about what I do, give or take a little. I get in the amount of protein, carbs, and fat that I need each day and never go over the amount that I am suppose (never means only once in a while :) ). Since May 12, I have lost about 10lbs I think. I am trying a EC stack, but have only been on it for about a week. Any advice or critique would be great. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=gains238 here is my fitday link for today. I just kind of started on it but here is an example of what I am doing. Think I will ever have abs like those guys? FYI, my arms are huge compared to theres, along with traps, shoulders, maybe chest, and probably everything else they got. I just want the abs though (praticuraly the middle guy). Thanks people and keep on keeping on.
:strong:

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I can tell you right now, it is DEFINETLY POSSIBLE to look like a "page not found" web address.

Start with the hair.

Really, just kidding. - Less arm work. More chins.

2nd, Tues, Weds, Thus, are all extremely shoulder intensive.

Split them up or eliminate from them.

Deads should be enough to blast your shoulders

Shrugs should be enough. - That's my thoughts, but i'm just a fattie, so don't mind me.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 05:50 PM
You can get abs but you need abwork (I didn't see any abs in your split), but most importantly diet. If you are eating right and losing fat they will appear eventually.

gains2385
05-24-2006, 05:51 PM
www.abercrombie.com

Check out the photo that pops up if the link I gave is not working. Sorry about that.

gains2385
05-24-2006, 05:53 PM
You can get abs but you need abwork (I didn't see any abs in your split), but most importantly diet. If you are eating right and losing fat they will appear eventually.
yeah, but I am always hearing people say that deadlifts, squats, yada yada yada already work abs enough. I have a good set of top abs, but the bottom half does not look so hot.

Eszekial
05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm on a similar carb cycling diet (and actually just read the article i'm thinking he showed you at t-nation) and i can tell you now from personal experience that diet will work. It's very similar to Built's (if not the same) and i'm a short time away from seeing my own 6.

That being said, those guys look vomitous. They have absolutely no traps, look like skeletons.

Den Fisher
05-24-2006, 06:30 PM
That being said, those guys look vomitous. They have absolutely no traps, look like skeletons.

I'd love to have the body of an abercrombie and fitch model. I wonder what their diet & routine looks like.

Mercuryblade
05-24-2006, 08:43 PM
I'd love to have the body of an abercrombie and fitch model. I wonder what their diet & routine looks like.

The guy on the far left at the popup isn't that super cut, just has really good genetics, the guy in the middle has really low bf%.

I hope you are being sarcastic.

WORLD
05-24-2006, 08:51 PM
It depends on the frame of your body. Someone with a different looking frame will never look exactly like them. But sure, you can definately get into that condition with or without the same body frame. It's very possible.

RedSpikeyThing
05-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Fitday comments:

The total cals and fat both look low. Fat helps you feel full and 0.5 g/ lb of lbm is usually reccomended. You've lost 10 lbs in 12 days? Congrats, although that is pretty quick. Some may be water weight, but I'd be careful about dropping weight that fast. You would be sacraficing a lot of LBM. Generally losing more than about 2 lbs/week means you are losing some muscle.

gains2385
05-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Fitday comments:

The total cals and fat both look low. Fat helps you feel full and 0.5 g/ lb of lbm is usually reccomended. You've lost 10 lbs in 12 days? Congrats, although that is pretty quick. Some may be water weight, but I'd be careful about dropping weight that fast. You would be sacraficing a lot of LBM. Generally losing more than about 2 lbs/week means you are losing some muscle.

Yeah, I just started working back at Wal-Mart in the garden center. Been sweating like no tomorrow so I imagine a lot of that is water weight, but it was a crazy amount of loss either way.

gains2385
05-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm on a similar carb cycling diet (and actually just read the article i'm thinking he showed you at t-nation) and i can tell you now from personal experience that diet will work. It's very similar to Built's (if not the same) and i'm a short time away from seeing my own 6.

Yeah I know, they would rock it out in "Fight Club" but would get knocked out in the gym. Either way, they got some abs that I wish I had. The middle guy anyway. The left guy sucks. :thumbup:

MM
05-24-2006, 09:55 PM

Bench, curl, crunch, organic protein shake, gay orgy in the back room, repeat.

Good luck.

TOBART
05-24-2006, 11:05 PM

Good luck.

I hate to make a post that just says "lol" but this deserves it.

LOL

Nosaj
05-25-2006, 03:44 AM
My comment on this would be to be careful about your cut. It seems you've put a lot of weight on lately and your not holding that much weight in your midsection so it seems you've put on a decent amount of LBM. You don't want to cut too fast and lose all that LBM. Muscle will be the first thing lost if you cut too fast, so just be catious with your calories. I would double your fat intake and adjust calories as needed (ditching carbs before protein). Healthy fats (olive oil, flax seed oil, natty pb, salmon etc.) will leave you feeling fuller longer, which really helps out during a cut. You absolutely can achieve A&F model abs, it's all about sticking to the right diet for a long enough of a period of time to achieve a drop in bf%. Keep lifting heavy and eating well and you'll shrink wrap your midsection and hopefully not lose too much LBM. Good luck.

Rogue
05-25-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm not very impressed with those pics, but I guess I have different goals. I would have that build if I cut right now and lost some body fat, but I WANNA BE BIG!!

Saint Patrick
05-25-2006, 12:15 PM

Good luck.

Bingo.

I know some of us have different goals than others, but to aspire to look like an A&F model, or any model, for that matter......just makes my skin crawl.

Reminds me of that scene in Fight club when they're on the bus and Brad Pitt points to the Calvin Klein ad and says "Is that what a man is supposed to look like?" then they both laugh.

Beast
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
gains, I'm glad you started posting here.
One thing that I'm sure of is that your current lifts that you listed are probably twice as much as any of those A&F guys lift... maybe 3 times.
It sounds like you're having good results so far, so keep it up!
To answer your original post question... YES, it is possible.

I agree with Eszekiel that you have too much arm work in there. You could do with a lot less.