PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

corygoose
05-25-2006, 01:21 AM
I have been trying to gain weigth forever now and nothing is working I take in all the callories, carbs, and protien I can, but still i don't gain weight. my metabolism is way to fast. So I've decided to to work on getting toned and defined, or I mean getting lean. I was wandering is there any good protien mixes or supplements that would help. thanks

Built
05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
How many calories a day do you eat?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-25-2006, 01:26 AM
I have been trying to gain weigth forever now and nothing is working I take in all the callories, carbs, and protien I can, but still i don't gain weight. my metabolism is way to fast. So I've decided to to work on getting toned and defined, or I mean getting lean. I was wandering is there any good protien mixes or supplements that would help. thanksYou'd be surprised how much some people have to eat in order to gain weight. Do you track what you eat?

corygoose
05-25-2006, 01:27 AM
also I know I will likely loose weight while trying to get lean, is there anything I can take that will turn the body fat weight into muscle weight so I can stay the same weight.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Fat doesn't turn into muscle. Calories turn into muscle. How many calories are you eating a day?

corygoose
05-25-2006, 01:29 AM
I don't keep that good of a track and I'm not sure how many calories I'm taking in, but i want to get lean now so I'm trying to cut it down

corygoose
05-25-2006, 01:37 AM
what kinda supplements would you guys recomended?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I don't keep that good of a track and I'm not sure how many calories I'm taking in, but i want to get lean now so I'm trying to cut it downYou can't cut down on something that you're not aware of. You have to start tracking everything you eat. Sign up for a free account at www.fitday.com. Supplements aren't going to help you unless your diet is in order. That's also a reason why you're having a hard time gaining weight because you don't know what you're eating and when to add more calories to see progress. You said your original goal was to add weight. The only way to do this is to EAT MORE. If you're not gaining, that means you're not eating enough.

Start tracking your calories and take it from there. Diet is KEY to both bulking and cutting. You have to know what you're eating. It's hard work, but it pays off when you get the hang of it. Good luck! :thumbup:

Also, check out these links:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848
http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

corygoose
05-25-2006, 01:51 AM
thanks for the advice, I will start tracking everthing I eat, but still are there any good supplements that will help me get lean and toned

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Your diet will help you get lean. What's your training routine look like?

corygoose
05-25-2006, 02:01 AM
I go to the gym everday and run on the treadmill for 20 minutes and I work one major muscle group a day. Like 1 day is chest the next is arms, then back and shoulders, and finally then legs. I do mutilpe exercises on each muscle group. usally 3 sets

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-25-2006, 02:05 AM
I meant your full routine. Like each exercise and the sets/reps for each.

corygoose
05-25-2006, 02:15 AM
well lets see I do 3 sets on each excersise and usally 8-10 on the first 6-8 2nd, and 4-6 3rd.
chest: benchpress, flys, dips, and one other that I can't remember the name.
arms: cable curls, db curls, tricep skull crusher, and cable pulldown, lateral raise
I can't really remember what the other ecersise for the shoulders, back and legs. oh and I always work my abs everday

Nosaj
05-25-2006, 03:30 AM
You have a lot to learn. Take the advice posted above and start recording your daily intake on www.fitday.com and find out what your maintenance calories are at. You would be surprised how many calories it takes to bulk and how full you feel when you actually consume that many calories. As far as workout routines go, your routine could use some work. Easiest advice is look up WBB#1 and start doing it. I noticed "arms" is one of you major muscle groups that you work on, when in reality, a lot of people don't even have a specified day for arms because they get hit indirectly during back and chest workouts.

So basically...

1) Record everything you eat on www.fitday.com for a week.
2) Start the WBB#1 workout routine for a week.

Post back here with your results, comments, questions.

Good luck.

Rogue
05-25-2006, 06:52 AM
If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. Believe me, I've gained 13 lbs. in one month and I'm at 173 now, and now I have to eat even more to keep gaining. I constantly have to keep feeding my face with food. Remember that you want to be on a high protein diet because it will help build muscle with reletively quick results. Buy some whey protein powder and mix it with a glass of milk and drink 3 or 4 of them per day. You want to have at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Gelfey
05-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Hello Dear,

losing weight is basically a long term process. you can lose at sudden,you have to be very much concious about each of thing you take.proper diet,diet pills review and proper excercise all matters in losing weight.

you have to be goint throgh all these aspect first to lose proper weight.
i suggest you to go through weight loss (http://www.search4health.net) section of http://www.search4health.net

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-31-2006, 02:34 AM
^^

There is plenty of information on this site already. And I don't agree with some of the things in that site's weight loss section.