PDA

View Full Version : Fish Oil - Multiple Uses?

-TIM-
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Is fish oil mainly used to add fats to your diet? I thought I read something about it helping with joints as well. I did a search and all I saw were references to it being a way to add fats to your diet.

Kind of a side question. If I'm taking a few tablespoons of olive oil each day, should I still be taking fish oil capsules? Maybe the better question would be, is loading up on only olive oil or fish caps fine, or should I be doing a mixture of both to get my daily fats?

Thanks!

getfit
05-25-2006, 09:29 AM
have you read this Tim? Anthony posted it awhile back.It'sa a sticky in the supplement forum
http://www.oilofpisces.com/

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 09:31 AM
I take 10 a day regardless of my fat consumption for the day. There's so much speculative beneficial research on it that it's hard to say exactly what it helps with.

The thing that most interested me was that it helps with calorie / nutrient partitioning, IE, less stored fat.

-TIM-
05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
have you read this Tim? Anthony posted it awhile back.It'sa a sticky in the supplement forum
http://www.oilofpisces.com/No, I haven't seen/read it yet. I just pulled it up and I will be sure to take some time reading through all the information. Thanks a ton GF. You know you're the only woman for me. Well...online of course. :D

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
No, I haven't seen/read it yet. I just pulled it up and I will be sure to take some time reading through all the information. Thanks a ton GF. You know you're the only woman for me. Well...online of course. :D
LOL - Rock on, lover boy.

Beast
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Check this out, too:
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4632

-TIM-
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks Beast. Another good read.

Ferdo
05-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Ive been taking a mix of 3 pills per day of fish oils 1000 mg cps. How much are we supposed to be taking in. Just wantr to make sure getting enough.

This is on top of my normal fat intake which is about 30 to 35 percent of total cals.

Holto
05-27-2006, 10:41 AM
The thing that most interested me was that it helps with calorie / nutrient partitioning, IE, less stored fat.

This is a really bold statement.

I'm not putting this on you 'cause I realize that it's a common opinion.

The truth is that a hypothesis like above is incredibly easy to prove.

Group A: Fish Oil
Group B: Control

Give them both the same cals for X # of weeks and monitor body composition.

I think there is a reason we don't have studies like this.

UrbanSmooth
05-27-2006, 09:33 PM
No, I haven't seen/read it yet. I just pulled it up and I will be sure to take some time reading through all the information. Thanks a ton GF. You know you're the only woman for me. Well...online of course. :D

Sorry, boy, she's taken. :strong:

ddegroff
05-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Ive been taking a mix of 3 pills per day of fish oils 1000 mg cps. How much are we supposed to be taking in. Just wantr to make sure getting enough.

This is on top of my normal fat intake which is about 30 to 35 percent of total cals.

Most around here take in 6-10g of flax/fish oil. I take just fish oil, 6g a day (6 pills). If I were you, I would take a few more a day.