PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Today

Twan
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Breakfast (7:00 AM) - Two bowls of Cheerios with skim milk
Lunch (10:30 AM) - Protein Shake with Skim Milk
After School (2:30 PM) - Two Sausage, Egg, Cheese Hot Pockets and a banana

So far, do you think I am doing okay? I only want to cut a little.

And I'll probably run tonight because I'm interested in losing weight. Unless there is something else that will help me lose quicker.

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
It's hard to say, we really need a lot more information. Start with generic info such as age, weight, estimated bf, lifts, etc etc.

And if you're trying to lose weight, i'd say ditch the cheerior and the hot pockets now....

Unless youre morbidley obese.

2nd, cardio is not always your friend when losing weight.

Eszekial
05-25-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74607

Read twice, rock on.

Twan
05-25-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm 15, 175 lbs, 6'1

I'm a little over. If I dropped 20, I'd be happy. Couldn't I do it within like 3 weeks?

What is my best friend when trying to drop?

Also, I'm not much into lifting. I just want to cut now, so that I'll be more inspired to lift.

TECHO
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Lifting heavy is an integral part of cutting. It tells your body to retain its muscle while consuming below maintainance calories.

Check out Built's profile/cutting routine, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Twan
05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Well the only weights I have is a bench, the thing you benchpress with (barbell I believe), and a couple dumbbells. And some ab roller. That's really it...what can I do?

Saint Patrick
05-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Lose the hot pockets.

Twan
05-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Lose the hot pockets.

Ya

I figured that was a good idea. I'm just so damn hungry.

What can I eat alot of that's not like oatmeal (after school) that will fill me up. I mean, I need food. A banana and water doesn't do it.

TECHO
05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
If you can find some way to support the barbell a little below neck height safetly you can do squats. You can do deadlifts. You can benchpress of course. You can clean (although this is a difficult lift that takes lots of practice to get right..). Straightlegg deadlifts. Shrugs.

But seriously, if you can squat, deadlift, and bench, there isn't a whole lot else you need. You can get a bar to go between a doorframe and do pullups :D

Twan
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok, I'll do Deadlifts, squats, and bench, and maybe some ab and dumbbell exercies every other day. Is that enough time in between? I mean, that's 48 hours

Rogue
05-25-2006, 04:24 PM
48 hours should suffice, providing you are getting adequate rest, and proper nutrition....

TexasDevil
05-25-2006, 05:22 PM
um u know how many calories and fat and crap are in a hot pocket yet alone 2 of them. Just look around and look at the beginers guide to cutting by patrick D. thats what im doing. and im down 2 pounds after a week.

Nosaj
05-25-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm 15, 175 lbs, 6'1

Reading those stats my initial reaction was "Damn, beanpole!"

I'm a little over. If I dropped 20, I'd be happy.

Seems you lack LBM if you're feeling overweight with those stats.

Also, I'm not much into lifting. I just want to cut now, so that I'll be more inspired to lift.

I understand and respect your goals to see some changes in order to motivate you into lifting, but my advice to you would be to seriously reconsider this and aim for a body recomposition. With the shape your body is in now, and the foods you're chosing to cut on, you're most likely going to lose what little LBM you have before you see yourself dropping to a weight you feel satisfied with. My advice would be to look semi-long run. Why cut now then slow bulk in two months? You'll end up looking the same as you would if you started a slow bulk today, but it would take you three extra months of hard work to get there. The first couple of weeks will be hard, but you put the time and energy into it and you'll start FEELING stronger, and it becomes euphoric. Persistance and hard work and your body will have no choice but to start looking more and more like what you desire. My advice as is follows.

1) Build a new diet. 2g protein/lb bodyweight. 1g fat/lb bodyweight. Rest of your calories come from carbs til you hit your desired daily caloric intake (which I suggest doing a couple hundred about maintenance) <-- Ask if you don't know what maintenance calories are.

* http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 *<-- Replace processed foods with these.

2) Start WBB#1 lifting routine. Tried and tested, hands down your best bet and bang for the buck.

3) Take a picture for reference, label it "Panty Remover in training."

Dedicate yourself and you will acheive whatever it is you are looking for. Good luck.