PDA

View Full Version : Public Embarrassment

The Grognard
05-27-2006, 10:27 AM
As I said in the Intro section; here are two photos of my fat self. Hopefully a little public embarassment will give me the kick in the pants that I need to get going. Please, make with the 'Fat Bastard' comments; I need motivation!

:whip:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/thegrognard/May2720061.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/thegrognard/May272006.jpg

DavyRen
05-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Where art thou pics?

The Grognard
05-27-2006, 10:36 AM
They ain't art, but they're there. I hit the post before I added the images.

DavyRen
05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah mate see them now, what routine are you planning on doing and what is your diet like?

gains2385
05-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I suggest doing carb cycling. That would be about the best if you plan on working out and hitting the gym.

You are not too fat, but you could stand to lose a "few" pounds. My suggestion, find a picture that can motivate you and when you get tired of wanting to look good, look at the picture. That works best for me.

DavyRen
05-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I'd suggest you browse the diet/nutrition forum, you'll get loads of help on this board. The more info you give us the more you will receive.

sharkall2003
05-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Yes, please explain your diet and any exercises you participate in. As of now you're bodyfat percentage is way to high to be living healthily. I would suggest eating your fair share of oats, vegetables, fruits and meats. Also, if you haven't already looked at it, try out Wannabebig's weightlifting routine number one. It's an awesome routine that will build a lot of strength and it will help a lot in the development of muscles you either don't or didn't think you have.

Tofer
05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, look at it this way: the worse you look when you start out, the more impressive your transformation pics will be later on. Work hard, eat clean, and use proper form and you'll look great a couple years from now! Good luck.

Andre3000
05-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Just curious, are you flexing at all in your 2nd pic?

Goodwinm
05-27-2006, 05:40 PM
You want inspiration. Well here it ****ing is man!!
If you stay around here for as long as possible. Read some super articles posted,

I recoomend Baby Got Back, and follow the WBB1 2,3 routines, and keep track of yourself. Create a journal. As well as the correct diet, exercise and sleep. Keeping constant pictures of progress. You WILL lose that excess fat which you wanna get rid of. And you will feel so much better when you can clearly see teh difference in those pictures of before and After!

It is possible, of course it is. Not going to be easy, but with your onwn motivation and ours, you'll be shedding those pounds and packing on that hard earned muscle! Good luck man! Hope to be reading your progress in the journal setion real soon!

The Grognard
05-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Just curious, are you flexing at all in your 2nd pic?

Nothing to flex yet, brother.

Andre3000
05-28-2006, 12:59 PM
You're not even squeezing or anything, I mean come on, there's gotta be SOMETHING there, its not like you don't have bi's or tri's or anything until you start lifting. You're a big guy, you gotta be pretty strong and have something!

theVict1m
05-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Am I the only one who really doesn't think he's that fat?

Of course, in America we're so use to super obese people that someone like you is tame.

SuperTerrorizer
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM
With help from these guys I dropped 15lbs in 5 weeks. You came to the right place.

Bikkstah
05-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Keep pics like these, on you when you're at the gym. I have my high school ID where I weighed 450lbs and others and they just keep me pumped my whole workout, every workout.

Ron Burgundy
05-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Keep pics like these, on you when you're at the gym. I have my high school ID where I weighed 450lbs and others and they just keep me pumped my whole workout, every workout.

I need pics now of you before and you now lol, that will modivate all of us!

The Grognard
05-29-2006, 02:32 AM
You're not even squeezing or anything, I mean come on, there's gotta be SOMETHING there, its not like you don't have bi's or tri's or anything until you start lifting. You're a big guy, you gotta be pretty strong and have something!

Sorry, man; I'm the Incredible Bulk. Don't care about cuts and all that; just want to lose the fat and gain some poundage.

Like I said, I don't care if I'm 260, I just want it not to be fat.
:spam:

The Grognard
05-29-2006, 02:34 AM

High School? I'm going to my 20th reunion in August!

Davidelmo
05-29-2006, 06:45 AM

You'd be suprised. I know big and weak people. Most people don't have the strength until they start training. With a lifetime of sitting on your ass feeding your face like a "typical" person, you're not going to gain a lot of muscle. But a big guy will probably gain strength and have more potential for strength than a guy with a smaller frame.

Am I the only one who really doesn't think he's that fat?

Of course, in America we're so use to super obese people that someone like you is tame.

He's definately overweight but not the worst I've ever seen.

Start lifting, following WBB1 and tracking your diet on www.fitday.com
Look at the diet/nutrition forum for what to eat etc.

That'll get you off to a better start than 90% of people who try and lose weight.

Thomas
05-29-2006, 10:04 AM
i reccomend sticking to cardio for a while first, nothings better for losing weight then good diet + lots of cycling

Ron Burgundy
05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
i reccomend sticking to cardio for a while first, nothings better for losing weight then good diet + lots of cycling
I concur that would be wize, but cardios no fun

sharkall2003
05-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I concur that would be wize, but cardios no fun

You kidding? I love the feeling of wind blowing across my face and sweat dripping off of my hair into my eyes.

Thomas
05-30-2006, 11:31 AM
lol so true, cardio sucks balls

Ron Burgundy
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
You kidding? I love the feeling of wind blowing across my face and sweat dripping off of my hair into my eyes.

I hate cardio unless im playing soccer, frisby or basketball, ect. all sports not just plane jogging

Bob
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
:zipit: Stop Noobies!!!!!
Don't come on WBB and say "Stick with Cardio for a while"...
What the heck is that????
Have you seen the progress of the posters on WBB? Built, Anthony, etc....
Cardio ain't crap...
Lift.. Learn to lift right... and then learn to lift hard...
Lift first and often...
Squat, DL, Pullups, BP... etc..
Do WBB # 1.. # 2.. Back got Back programs!!!

Yes, cardio is important.. but after lifting and eating right...
Build the underlining muscle and you'll be burning more calories though the day...

And when it's time for cardio.. either do the fun stuff you like.. BB, soccer, raquetball, etc.. or HIIT.. or GPP.

The Grognard
05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Only if I'm playing something. It's the weights for me, that has worked in the past to lose the fat. Plus the chicks are diggin' ya when you're banging weights and not in some step-aerobics class. Not that there's anything wrong with that . .. . . .

Ron Burgundy
05-30-2006, 04:40 PM
No but just to get to a base where you can see the results kicking in, and it loses exces fat faster then lifting.

Patz
05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
here ya go, man. straight outta the fatty archives!

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1368710#post1368710

I haven't done much cardio. I've done 3 serious cuts, dropping about 40lbs between them. I've managed to put on some muscle in the meantime, although I've never truly "bulked."

But, from one fatty to another...don't get discouraged. The changes will be great, along with confidence and stamina. Trust me..

sharkall2003
05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Only if I'm playing something. It's the weights for me, that has worked in the past to lose the fat. Plus the chicks are diggin' ya when you're banging weights and not in some step-aerobics class. Not that there's anything wrong with that . .. . . .

If you're doing it for the ladies you'll get nowhere fast.

Just eat properly, often, and don't cheat often. Follow WBB Workout #1 and do some cardio. Some great cardio activities include: walking with a spouse or animal, disc golfing (run after the discs), HIIT, basketball, soccer, cycling, running, jogging, swimming ect. There are so many things. First thing you have to do though is educate yourself on proper nutrition, and how to lift correctly and efficiently.

The Grognard
05-31-2006, 06:16 PM

Doing it for myself and the nagging from the wife. ;)

But seriously I've worked out semi-serious on and off for the past 15 some-odd years. Now that I'm approaching 40 (in 18 months), I want to be something other than the 'fat old bastard'.

The fun starts tomorrow, and it's 18 months to my 40th Birthday. I intend on taking a pic with the 'over the hill' baloons in the background as I hold a cake with a 'big 4-0' written on it with me shirtless and huge.

It can happen, I'll make it happen; as long as I'm satisfied with the results. That's all that matters. Oh yea, and as long as the wife is happy too. :D

Ron Burgundy
05-31-2006, 06:47 PM

Just eat properly, often, and don't cheat often. Follow WBB Workout #1 and do some cardio. Some great cardio activities include: walking with a spouse or animal, disc golfing (run after the discs), HIIT, basketball, soccer, cycling, running, jogging, swimming ect. There are so many things. First thing you have to do though is educate yourself on proper nutrition, and how to lift correctly and efficiently.

Sarcasm Shark =) I love good comedy.

sharkall2003
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Doing it for myself and the nagging from the wife. ;)

But seriously I've worked out semi-serious on and off for the past 15 some-odd years. Now that I'm approaching 40 (in 18 months), I want to be something other than the 'fat old bastard'.

The fun starts tomorrow, and it's 18 months to my 40th Birthday. I intend on taking a pic with the 'over the hill' baloons in the background as I hold a cake with a 'big 4-0' written on it with me shirtless and huge.

It can happen, I'll make it happen; as long as I'm satisfied with the results. That's all that matters. Oh yea, and as long as the wife is happy too. :D

Not to be a dick, but the fifteen years of "semi-serious" working out has accomplished little to nothing according to pictures. I would highly suggest adopting a serious weightlifting routine with good eating habits. It will greatly increase your lifespan and will "diminish" many health problems you could have in the near future.

Ron Burgundy
05-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Not to be a dick, but the fifteen years of "semi-serious" working out has accomplished little to nothing according to pictures. I would highly suggest adopting a serious weightlifting routine with good eating habits. It will greatly increase your lifespan and will "diminish" many health problems you could have in the near future.

Personaly, I think it's more the eating habits then the working out, but you can't be just semi serious, or your not realllllly comited if you catch my drift

The Grognard
05-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Fifteen years of "semi-serious" on and off working out =

Was pretty much off more than on. I was going to the gym here and there maybe once a week, or getting on a roll and going 3x a week for a few months before life kicked in again.

Always seemed that there was something better to do, or moved or found a new girlfriend, job or hobby.

Now that things have finally settled down. Wife, child, house, job et. al., I FINALLY want to make an effort to get some results. Otherwise it will just be one of those 'what if's' of life.

Ron Burgundy
06-01-2006, 06:45 AM
That's what I figured it was, but I'm not ganna recomend anything to you, the guys here are better then me at giving routines, so just let one of them tell you what to do.

sharkall2003
06-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Last year, in September I weighed 188 lbs, benched 160 and was a runner and cylist. I started the WBB Routine #1 and I now bench 230 lbs, weight 200 lbs and I am the same bodyfat percentage as before. Just watch what you eat and exercise frequently and you willl be in better shape withing a couple months.

accuFLEX
06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
I don’t want to sound like a dick, but you ARE overweight. 30+% BF at least.

You need to cut....errr....well at your stage, its more along the lines of a diet to save your health and add some more years to your life.

I don’t care what anyone here says and I may get an ear full for it....but you need to do some cardio. Not only will this help you lose weight, but it will help your heart

Thomas
06-01-2006, 11:15 AM
:zipit: Stop Noobies!!!!!
Don't come on WBB and say "Stick with Cardio for a while"...
What the heck is that????
Have you seen the progress of the posters on WBB? Built, Anthony, etc....
Cardio ain't crap...
Lift.. Learn to lift right... and then learn to lift hard...
Lift first and often...
Squat, DL, Pullups, BP... etc..
Do WBB # 1.. # 2.. Back got Back programs!!!

Yes, cardio is important.. but after lifting and eating right...
Build the underlining muscle and you'll be burning more calories though the day...

And when it's time for cardio.. either do the fun stuff you like.. BB, soccer, raquetball, etc.. or HIIT.. or GPP.

thats a load of bull

Thomas
06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
at his stage he definatly dosnt need to be thinking about weight training, he needs to do cardio first and develop a stronger heart + lose excess fat.

Patz
06-01-2006, 08:06 PM
at his stage he definatly dosnt need to be thinking about weight training, he needs to do cardio first and develop a stronger heart + lose excess fat.

This is completely inaccurate. Disregard it.

Cardio is fine. Do it. Your heart does need to be strong, but if you rock out the cardio and diet and start dropping weight you'll lose any shape you have holding up all that fat. Hit the weights, hard and heavy. Do cardio on the off days if you want, but DO NOT skip out on the heavy lifting. It burns more calories per hour, and will help you maintain the muscle that defines your overally body shape, and ultimately your physical well-being.

Patz
06-01-2006, 08:09 PM
And who gives a **** if he's 30+%??

I'm sure I was. I did hardly any cardio. But, I got my ass on that treadmill yesterday and I'm 100% certain I could have run farther and faster than I ever have in my life..even when I was jogging 6 days a week.

Why? Because my legs are stronger and I'm leaner. I did it with lifting and diet. I believe I've lost absolutely no LBM and in-fact gained quite a bit, while still dropping 40lbs on the scale over the last year or so.

WBBIRL
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Its all about diet my man, ALL about diet. Working out in the gym is easy, lifting hard and heavy is easy. Escaping the dinner table without having ruined a weeks worth of effort is HARD.

Clean up the diet and track everything you shove in that piehole, no matter what it is. Track your cals for a few weeks and see whats up, adjust them acordingly. Dont be shocked at the numbers either, I bet I maintain at around 3000 cals on days that I've worked 8 hours and lifted.

accuFLEX
06-02-2006, 04:48 AM
And who gives a **** if he's 30+%??

30%+ BF is unhealthy and disgusting.....thats why you should give a ****!

Do some HIIT, lift heavy and get your diet down to a science. There. You should be droping the weight in no time

Thomas
06-02-2006, 05:34 PM
i dont beleive in lifing when ur in that shape, not good for you at all. People who suffer from obesity suffer from heart attacks, your heart is under an enormous amount of pressure when lifting. You will def get faster and safer results from cario, ive seen it done so many times so dont try and come back at me saying its wrong cos it isnt.

Patz
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
ive seen it done so many times so dont try and come back at me saying its wrong cos it isnt.

Well, despite your stern warning, I'll go ahead and tell you again..

You're wrong.

And how the hell could you claim the heart rate is higher during lifting?

And this is WannaBeBig--not WannaBeSkinnyfat. If he wanted to get on the treadmill and become a shapeless drone, he'd have gone elsewhere for information.

This is exactly why I linked my own picture threads. I was easily as fat as him, and I've done very little cardio. I don't have a fast metabolism. I lifted hard and heavy, and cleaned up my diet. I'm in better shape now--including cardiovascularly--than ever.

Davidelmo
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Look, cardio IS important for helping to maintain a healthy heart, respiratory and circulatory systems etc.

BUT, it should not be relied upon for weight loss.

THe best thing that The Grognard can do is to:
Track his diet on www.fitday.com for a week and post the results in the diet forum
Start the WBB1 lifting routine
Start light cardio a few days a week.

The cardio is not to help with weight loss, but it will help to improve your circulation and endurance.

Patz
06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree. Cardio is great for a lot of things. It'll help him lose even more weight, but the iron is not to be neglected unless he wants to look like crap.

My only point about me, is I've been in his shoes (and worse) and done it without cardio.

Mercuryblade
06-03-2006, 02:28 AM
i dont beleive in lifing when ur in that shape, not good for you at all. People who suffer from obesity suffer from heart attacks, your heart is under an enormous amount of pressure when lifting.

I'd answer your question with a bunch of boring heart terminology, but I won't.
You're wrong.