PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from this store ? [Weightlifting shoes]

SkinnySadMan
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.weightliftingshoes.ca/

Well, I'm glad I found a site that will allow me to pay VIA Money Order/Cheque since I am not old enough to own a credit card.

Is the site trustable ? The site seems so... simple, but straightforward. It would be like me, creating a website that says... I will make hats for you, just mail me money/cheque at this address, and I will send you the hat...and make sure you choose what colour you want !

Sensei
05-30-2006, 02:39 PM
I think I've known some people who have ordered from there, but I'm not sure. You could check the Eleiko site http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/

SkinnySadMan
05-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot sensei... I will definately check out that site.

I got a question, when buying weightlifting shoes, your suppose to buy a size 0.5 smaller than your normal shoe size? For example, buy size 8.0 weightlifting shoes if your normal shoes are 8.5.

khari
05-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I know the guy who owns that site. He runs many competitions here in Winnipeg. It's very trustworthy, and the shoes are quality. We have guys who have had them for the better part of a decade and they're still in decent shape.

SkinnySadMan
05-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Alright cool.. I'm waiting for an e-mail reponse from the other site that sensei provided. If they don't accept foreign checks I'll just buy from the weightliftingshoes.ca site.

SkinnySadMan
06-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I ordered from http://www.weightliftingshoes.ca/ They e-mailed me and said that it should arrive within 3-4 business days. That's either tomorrow (Saturday, or Sunday). Saturday is my squat day.... man I hope they arrive tomorrow morning or before I do my squats! That would be awesome.

biggimp
06-10-2006, 12:09 AM
saturday and sunday are not business days.... but regardless, they look nice, have fun with them!

SkinnySadMan
06-10-2006, 03:22 PM
aww damnit :( ... arghhhhhj I get to squat with plates under my heels today.

rookiebldr
06-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Nice price advantage for the US folks. Looks like they've not updated the prices to take into account the 90cent Canadian Dollar. The US are paying something likel 110 CDN for those shoes not 135!

Good luck with shoes tho.

SkinnySadMan
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
When I get them, I'll reply again... so then if any younger folks don't have a credit card but have personal cheques can order from them.

I wonder if my Squatting will become better? When I squat on elevated heels on plates it seems like I can't transfer power more effeciently from pushing off the heels.

CDONDICI
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
When I get them, I'll reply again... so then if any younger folks don't have a credit card but have personal cheques can order from them.

I wonder if my Squatting will become better? When I squat on elevated heels on plates it seems like I can't transfer power more effeciently from pushing off the heels.

Let us know how they workout after you get them, Ive been thinking of getting myself a pair.

johnnytang24
06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Maybe you should try to get your parents to pay for it on their credit card and give them a check or something. It's safer to use a credit card cause most companies have some sort of fraud protection, whereas checks and MOs can get lost, stolen, or you can just plain get ripped off.

Thanks.

SkinnySadMan
06-11-2006, 06:10 PM
I already tried that, parents are from the 1700s and think Internet shopping is unsafe. Not to mention I think their both in credit card debt. lol

SkinnySadMan
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
The shoes arrived today.

This is my first pair, so I can't really say if their good or not. ANyways it feels good wearing them (obviously I'm not going to wear them in public lol). The heels are about 1.5 inches elevated from the ground.... but I'm not quite sure, it's a guestimate :p My squat stance feels a lot more solid to, the shoes keep me from losing my balance.

Here's a pic... they look nice.

khari
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Good choice on colour. The black are much nicer than the blue.

If you want to really appreciate them, do some front squats or snatch squats at your next session. They make a huge difference.

Nicoman
06-15-2006, 07:53 AM
I just squat barefoot.....I dunno it just feels right for me to do it that way.

Nice shoes though.

~Nico