PDA

View Full Version : The move from 85/15 to 93/7

Pages : [1] 2

ArchAngel777
05-30-2006, 06:54 PM
I have a son on the way in a few days and I really hope to stick to this diet. For any of you that have read my old journal, you will know that I stayed on a diet for the past 7 months, losing a total of 69 pounds. I am no longer fat, my wife thinks I look skinny (she didn't know the difference between skinny and trim, so she meant trim). This is the lightest I have been since exiting High School 7 years ago. I am pretty proud of the weight loss. I rewarded myself with lots of ice cream and cookies for 1 week, last week. So, now that I have my cheat week out of the way, time for some serious dieting again.

So, currently, I am sitting at around 196 pounds with normal eating. Last week, when I had been on 0 carbs I weighed in around 191 to give you an idea of my current weight, depleted, which is what I will be most often during weigh in. I am currently right around 15% bodyfat. My suprailiac measures in around 11/12 mm (12.2% + 3% = 15.2%), and my tanita scale registers 14.3%. These are just guidelines and my actual percentage might be different, of course. My goal is to hit 7% bodyfat here in the next 3 months.

My LBM is 172 pounds when on a balanced diet. On no carbs, I would figure it to be about 166 pounds, due to much less water weight. To set a baseline, I will be doing my estimates based on my carb depleted LBM, which will be the 166 figure.

Diet is going to be PSMF. I have dabbled in this during my initial weight loss and I plan to keep doing short bursts of it. So far, despite the fears of losing LBM, I havn't seem to have lost any muscle. So, until I start noticing muscle loss, I don't plan to alter my current plans to attain this. My target weight is 178 pounds. When this is all over with, I do plan on posting some pictures. But, if I get derailed with the baby and wife and all of that, well... forgive me.

May 30th, 2006

Day 1 of 56

Weight: 194.0, Down from 198 the evening before.

clawhammer_33
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Awesome dude. Congrats on the baby!

Coke
05-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Wow, can't believe the time has come for little Gabe to make the scene, lol...best of luck to you and the Mrs.

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Excellent! congradulations man! we need pics when he is born!! :D

Bob
05-31-2006, 05:50 AM
Congrats on the kid...
& on the weightloss.. great progress..

Sensei
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Having a kid will affect your training... A LOT! Congratulations on what will be one of the greatest milestones in your life.

TECHO
05-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Congratulations! Children are so wonderful.

ArchAngel777
05-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys!

May 31st, 2006

Day 2 of 56

Weight:191.8 (was 190 before I drank 1 quart of water). Back to where I was on the 22nd. The good news is that it really only took 1 day of hard dieting to take off a week of gorging.

Let me expound upon something here. I do not believe people have much control over their eating habits if they are eating the wrong types of food. When I decided to eat cookies and ice cream, I turned into a monster. This isn't the first time this has happened, in fact, it happens everytime. I think eating wrong foods breeds wrong eating, even to the point where you are somewhat powerless to change it. The entire week I gorged, I would think with each bowl of icecream (I really need to stop after this bowl) and it day after day I kept eating another bowl, sometimes two a day. Well, basically, after a week I had to use all my willpower to obliterate this crazy, evil, insatiable appetite.

So, it never fails, I generally fast almost the entire first day to kick start a diet. Most people may not understand the logic, but it makes total sense for those of us who need to go cold turkey on things. The best type of eating to accomodate a fast is PSMF, in my opinion. On my own personal varient of PSMF, I have two ways I do it.

1) Switch it up. I never keep things the same for a long time. Some basic ideas are doing something like this:

Weekday
Breakfast: 3 fish capsules, 1 can of tuna. 150 calories.
Lunch: 1 can of chicken. 150 calories
Dinner: 2 cans of tuna or chicken. 260/300 calories.
Total for the day 600.

Weekend (Saturday, Sunday)
Breakfast:3 fish capsules, 1 can of tuna. 150 calories
Lunch: 1 can of chicken. 150 calories
Dinner: Normal meal that is tailored for higher protein. Hamburger, Turkeyburger, Chicken Breast, etc... Anywhere from 400 - 800 calories. A few carbs, but mostly fat + protein.

This is one method I have used. You can really mix it up anyway you want. You have to learn your body and what you can and what you cannot do. If skipping breakfast is easier than having a small dinner, then remove breakfast and add it to your dinner. If you want to eat a little bit more, hit the gym. Many ways to vary a modified PSMF type diet.

2) Another method is you could cycle every other day instead of weekdays/weekend. You can do PSMF one week at a time, or two weeks at a time, etc... Don't be affraid to learn your body and appetite curve.

Another thing I want to stress is the importance of taking photos. Just last week I was somewhat bummed. I was looking pretty good, but it just didn't seem like I had made much progress from 217 to 191. Well, I learned that I indeed made a ton of progress when I compared my photos side by side on the computer. There is just no way to explain it. The difference between me at 191 and 217 is extreme! I had no idea and why is this? Because our memories are faint, very faint. So, take pictures, and compare them. The only thing I would caution is not to take them too often. People like seeing big changes, that is what keeps them going. If you are taking weekly pictures, you may not find the motivation to keep going. I suggest monthly or even once every 2 or 3 months to get a very accurate and pronounced difference that your routine has made.

Edit: One thing I left out was that I didn't use any appetite suppression drug/herbs. In other words, I didn't use ephedra/ephedrine. But I have to be honest, if it was readily available, I would be taking it right now. So, I personally have nothing against it and wish I could find it locally, since in the past years when I had done a diet, it helped tremendously. But thus far I have not used it, nor have used it in the past 3+ years.

WillKuenzel
05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Damn, congrats all the way around!

I also wanted to say that I love the journal title. Its just a classic. Good job and good luck in everything new heading your way!

ArchAngel777
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Much thanks HY!

June 1st, 2006

Day 3 of 56

Weight:191.2 lbs.

Competely carb depleted at this point. Wife said the doctor told her she will probably go into labor sometime this weekend. 3cm dialated, which is up 2cm from the last weekly visit!

ArchAngel777
06-02-2006, 04:57 PM
June 2nd, 2006

Day 4 of 56

Weight: 190.6 lbs.

ArchAngel777
06-03-2006, 11:15 PM
June 3rd, 2006

Day 5 of 56

Weight: 189.6 lbs.

Note: I was 188 in the morning and I was 188.2 when I weighed myself 10 minutes ago. I drank plenty of water today as well, so I am not sure where it is all going. Anyway, I had not taken my creatine, so I drank 24 ounces of with it and re-weighed myself, which is when I came up with 189.6. My entire goal isn't to skew these results, so I am very carefull and methodical when dealing with my weigh-ins each day.

Coke
06-04-2006, 07:50 AM
...so I am very carefull and methodical when dealing with my weigh-ins each day.

We know that ain't no lie, lol...the weight is gradually coming off. I can't imagine the (good) stress you must be going through right now with the baby coming and all. Maybe by next month everything will wind down and become more stabilized...gonna be sweet to see you fine tune it all with the diet and also add more sessions into the mix.

ArchAngel777
06-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Cocoa! We still have no baby yet though! Bummer, I was hoping we would have the little guy by now. I was hoping the baby would go today or tomorrow morning for sure, that way I can skip out on work. Work is going to be extremely busy this next week, because half of our staff is gone. I do computer support and consulting, which means I am going to get torn apart next week working at 200%. Well, better than being slow I guess. When work is slow I tend to think about good, so I guess it is better to be busy. When the baby finally comes, I will be sure to take some pictures.

ArchAngel777
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
June 4th, 2006

Day 6 of 56

Weight: 186.6 lbs.

Note: Empty stomach, empty bowels, moderately hydrated. I expect the weight to be the same or higher tomorrow. Almost 1 week into PSMF. I have not decided if I am going to go two weeks PSMF, or bring up the calories to 2,000 on Tuesday. I suppose, I may just keep PSMF until I find I can no longer stand it. Health is good, alert... A tad tired, but when you have zero carbs, that does tend to happen.

ArchAngel777
06-06-2006, 08:39 AM
June 5th, 2006

Day 7 of 56

Weight: 187.6 lbs

ArchAngel777
06-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Broke PSMF last night and had a large bowl of ice cream and a two bagels with lots of peanut butter this morning... Going to raise calories to around 3,000 for the next week. Weight should shoot up to 195ish by the end of the week.

WillKuenzel
06-06-2006, 08:48 AM
The baby coming out today on 6/6/6? :p

ArchAngel777
06-06-2006, 11:49 AM
The baby coming out today on 6/6/6? :p

Most likely... She is in labor as I type this out... Unless she has a ridiculously long labor experience, sometime before the end of the day we should have our bambino.

f=ma
06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
congratulations!! g/l with the youngen

getfit
06-06-2006, 12:04 PM
oooh! congrats, good luck :)

clawhammer_33
06-06-2006, 03:51 PM
awesome, great birthday to have... name the kid damian...

ArchAngel777
06-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Sidior
06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Beautiful baby, best of luck in the future. Glad the three of you are all doing well.

TwiloMike
06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Awwwww!!!!! Congratulations!! Best of luck to you, your wife, and the baby!

That said, stay on course and be a good example to the little human you'd created.

Coke
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
This is truly a wonderful thing!! - what sweet pictures...congrats.

DGabe24
06-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm expectin a baby journal, lets get him on the weights asap ;) I hear Gerber is making baby protein shakes muahaha :evillaugh

getfit
06-08-2006, 06:58 PM
pics look awesome, congrats, gorgeous!

MixmasterNash
06-08-2006, 07:01 PM
"9 pounds and 1.75 ounces"
Holy crap! Get your wife a gold medal!

ArchAngel777
06-09-2006, 07:17 AM

ArchAngel777
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
As for the diet... I guess you could say I am doing an unintentional dirty bulk... I know, I know... Bad me... Actually, I know I should not be eating the way I am, but all of this cause for celibration? I cannot stop eating.

Ice Cream by the pound... Foot long subway's... Cookies, even... Applebees huge ribblet platter (yum yum, been almost a year!). Yeah, I think I might have hit near 4,000 calories yesterday and I sure as heck feel sick as a result. This morning was 4 peices of toast with tons of peanut butter. Were talking 6 tablespoons or so, maybe more. So yeah, I am doing a dirty bulk. I am back up to about 190 after all of this. Could be worse... Everytime I go off of a diet, I make a rule where I cannot go above a certain weight or back on the diet I go. So, this number is 195.

:-(

Coke
06-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Been eating everything up like there's no end in sight, lol - you deserve it though proud Pops...beautiful pics there.

ArchAngel777
06-12-2006, 09:47 AM
There is no way I am going to be able to keep a strict diet and working out through these difficult first weeks... Lacking sleep, time, etc... I been eating like a pig and tipped the scale at 195 last night... Which means... Time to fast today and then remove sweets from the diet again. Very stressfully time... I will have to start an official cut after the baby settles down in a few weeks. No sleep, work, millions of stress and yeah, that is it.

Very happy though! :D

getfit
06-12-2006, 09:49 AM
pics are so beautiful, the first one is breath taking!

RickTheDestroyer
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Big congratulations, man.
Don't sweat the diet right now- there are more important things, and you'll be able to get back into the swing of it soon enough.

clawhammer_33
06-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey

I'm hitting up your gym today, even though your probally busy with the little yard ape.....

Built
06-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Your baby and your wife are beautiful.

If she looks THIS good after a C-section - WOW!

I'm so happy for all of you. Such a blessing!

KevinStarke
06-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Really cute baby man. I was 11 lbs at birth no joke, C-section for the win!

clawhammer_33
06-17-2006, 05:08 PM

What happened since then?!?!:p

Built
06-17-2006, 05:21 PM
My grandfather was 12 lbs when he was born. (His mother died in childbirth having his little sister.)

Grampa was 5'2" when he reached adulthood.

Go figure.

clawhammer_33
06-17-2006, 05:27 PM
My grandfather was 12 lbs when he was born. (His mother died in childbirth having his little sister.)

Grampa was 5'2" when he reached adulthood.

Go figure.

Imagine the poor woman who had to birth that....amazing what the human body can do...

D Breyer
06-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Congrats, hope all is going well

Imagine the poor woman who had to birth that....amazing what the human body can do...
C-section?

getfit
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
my niece was a little over 11lbs my poor sister :(

Sensei
06-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Happy Fathers' Day, Dad!

KevinStarke
06-18-2006, 05:38 PM
What happened since then?!?!:p

I get that alllll the time... you bastard..:fart:

Stumprrp
06-18-2006, 06:05 PM
amazing gabriel really, such a great feeling that must be to become a father, awesome!!

ArchAngel777
07-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, appreciate ALL the comments! Really, I do!

But, the stress has gotten to me... The non-stop crying etc... Well, I am sad to report that I did a little unintentional bulk! I got up to 207.4!!! Of course, the majority of the weight gained was water, but I still gained a good 5 - 8 pounds of actualy fat, for sure. So, I decided to join the gym again and start working out.

So, in 5 weeks I managed to eat at LEAST 5,000 calories a day, sometimes more... But, not that I have gotten that out of my system, I am hoping (fingers crossed) to make better progress.

I feel kind of bad about eating the way I did for those 5 weeks, but I didn't care... Like 3 weeks into it, I thought "Oh, I really should stop eating all this ice cream" but two more weeks... Until, finally... I noticed a small gut. I was like, YIKES!!! So, here I am on day 2 of regulated eating.

Going to be eating around 2,000 to 2,500 and will start lifting again. Wish me luck! Thanks again for all the kind comments!

Coke
07-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Even if U continued to eat and snack the same way, just getting some sessions in here and there is where it's at...no one should expect too much from a new dad, especially since this is the first one. Wish U and the family well!!

ArchAngel777
07-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks Coke!

I joined the gym last night again... Got my first workout in. Surprisingly, I have not lost any strength. Power Cleans were strong as heck.

Been eating much better. Been trying to work on getting more fiber in my diet. So, I purchase some all bran cereal... Actually, it tastes pretty darn good. No sugar is needed. Gives me a good 20g of dietary fiber.

The gym feels fresh again... You know, towards the end of my diet previously, I was getting very tired of hitting it. It seem to have lost its fun. Now, I am back in the game and it feels great! I plan on being a bit more conservative on this diet.

TwiloMike
07-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Welcome back! I'm certain that being a new daddy isn't easy so you get a lot of passes for that. 207.4 isn't awful- you'll lose it in no time, just get back into a routine. The baby pics are absolutely adorable! Wishing you and your family all the best. *knocks on wood*

ArchAngel777
07-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome back! I'm certain that being a new daddy isn't easy so you get a lot of passes for that. 207.4 isn't awful- you'll lose it in no time, just get back into a routine. The baby pics are absolutely adorable! Wishing you and your family all the best. *knocks on wood*

Twilo, you are a good man outside of general chat :D Just kidding! Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

Well, I have gotten back into a routine. So far I have been taking it slower. I am almost scared to post here because I change my goals after I write something down it seems... I really want to take a more relaxed approach to weight loss and so far it seems to be treating me well. The weight loss is slower, but I am pretty confortable at all times. Been eating about 1800 - 2500 calories a day.

I am all carbed up still and have plenty of water retension. I weight 203.2 right now. I did gain fat during those 6 weeks, about 10 pounds I believe. But then again, eating 5,000 calories a day will do that!!!

Twilo, looking good (I looked at the journal)

Take care guys.

TwiloMike
07-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Twilo, you are a good man outside of general chat :D Just kidding! Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

... snip...

Twilo, looking good (I looked at the journal)
Thank you! It means a lot to be appreciated by people I've butted heads with (no pun intended).

I'm actually in the same boat as you are right now- trying to slowly melt away some fat while keeping the muscle on me. I think some call that "toning". I've found that reducing portions and adding a couple of days of heart-rate specific treadmilling is helping.

Regards,
Mike

ArchAngel777
07-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank you! It means a lot to be appreciated by people I've butted heads with (no pun intended).

I'm actually in the same boat as you are right now- trying to slowly melt away some fat while keeping the muscle on me. I think some call that "toning". I've found that reducing portions and adding a couple of days of heart-rate specific treadmilling is helping.

Regards,
Mike

It appears to be working just fine... Looking ace in that picture dude!

I am down to 201 today... I am taking the diet slowly. I really am enjoying it more. Last sunday I decided to eat a LOT of ice cream... Normally that would have thrown off my diet, but naw, I just called it part of my diet and havn't had any sense. I think a "refeed" like that is totally acceptable now that I go over the logic. I probably ate 3,500 calories that day instead of around 2,000 - 2,500 I eat on most days. The weight seems to be going off, keeping water weight up (which is good) and havn't really restricted anything except junk food. Also been eating bran cereal for the fiber content every morning. Kinda funny, when I was a kid, you couldn't pay me to eat it, now I actually think it tastes good! Go figure...

Well, just letting everyone know that I am still on track. Lifting about twice a week and doing one HIIT session. No need to overdo it :D

Stumprrp
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
glad to see your on track dude, dont worry about cheat days! they make you feel ****ty afterwards but as your eating its godly lol

Coke
07-26-2006, 09:08 AM
... been eating bran cereal for the fiber content every morning. Kinda funny, when I was a kid, you couldn't pay me to eat it, now I actually think it tastes good! Go figure...

Nobody could pay me to eat some of those type cereals to this day, more power to you bro, lol.

Hearing you've stayed on track with a couple of sessions plus HIIT weekly is great, you don't need more than that.

Guido
07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Nice baby. Seems like you have no problems losing the weight when you want to.

BTW, what does your journal title mean?

ArchAngel777
07-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Nice baby. Seems like you have no problems losing the weight when you want to.

BTW, what does your journal title mean?

Oh, it means I was 85% lean and 15% fat and wanted to get 93% lean and move to 7% fat... It is somewhat of a referrence to ground beef that you buy at the store. Some of it is fatty, some is less fatty.

Yeah, I can lose weight when I want to and set my mind on it. Sometimes it is just difficult to set my mind on it. I am very determined, but sometimes I lose focus and just say "who cares!"

Thanks for the comments guys... Lunch time soon!

Stumprrp
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
oh lol nice reference im a fan of the 93/7 but 85 is better for burgers :D :D

ArchAngel777
07-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Actually, from what I have read, the difference between 85 and 93 after they are cooked medium or well done is quite negligable. Being that I love my burgers extremely well done, I am sure there is probably not much of a difference at all. With that said, I seem to like the leaner meats much better than the fatty ones. So, I gotta say, I am a 93/7.

Did a HIIT session yesterday at noon. Fun stuff, was on the treadmill for 33 minutes and did 1 minute intervervals run/walk.

Yesterday we pretty much finalized the deal with Home Depot and carpeting... This entire spring we have been working hard on the basement and it is almost finished! We are litterally only a few weeks from it being completely done! That means I get my computer room back (gave it up for our child) and then I can setup my 5.1 sound again and game like a pro! When building the basement, I wired two rooms with 5.1 sound so the TV can have it and also my computer (which has a screen the size of a TV! 30" Widescreen)... "The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!" Haha! How true!

ArchAngel777
07-31-2006, 07:05 AM
Didn't get a chance to touch a weight this weekend, or get any other exercise. I had to go to a wedding and then some other stuff took priority. Had some ice cream both Saturday and Sunday to get that out of my system. Tasted heavenly... Now that I abased that craving, I can go on with the work week eating perfectly healthy :D

Tonight is power cleans and bench press... Now sure much else. Son is sleeping better at night :D

ArchAngel777
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Workout was good tonight...

Power Cleans

135 X 5
185 X 6
185 X 5
185 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 1
205 X 1
205 X 1
205 X 1
185 X 4

Bench Press

135 X 10
185 X 6
185 X 6

Good workout, felt great... Did 8 million errands after that and finally got home around 8:30... Time to turn in :D

Coke
08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Nothing wrong with a little ice cream here and there, really don't need to let it go completely imo.

Made good on the power cleans and bench press as planned, nice job Gabe.

ArchAngel777
08-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks Coke :D

Weighing in at around 199 right now... Down about 8 pounds since the 13th of last month. Still taking it slow... Going to workout tonight, hopefully.

Stumprrp
08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
gabriel - still got nasty power cleans! hows the baby and wife?

TwiloMike
08-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Nice power cleans, man!

ArchAngel777
08-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys... Well, last night I enjoyed my weekly adventure with the ice cream bucket! I have been eating this special kind made by Edy's that doesn't use sugar, but splenda instead. Essentially, the same taste, but fewer calories. It sure is good though...

Going to do some power cleans tonight... Then I am going to install Windows XP OEM for my brother that he just purchased legally :D and then going to hook him up with World of Warcraft so we can play and stuff... Should be cool.

ArchAngel777
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Power Cleans

135 X 5
185 X 7
185 X 6
185 X 5
205 X 1

Bench Press

135 X 5
185 X 5 (very slow, controlled)
185 X 5 (very slow, controlled)

Tricep Pushdown

80 X 6
80 X 6

Woot! The workout looks wimpy, but I tell you doing 7 power cleans nearly BW is very difficult... It takes EVERYTHING out of you. More than anything, I lose my grip and that is VERY strong (no jokes! lol).

I almost posted my before and after pictures, but I really hate the way I looked and don't want that on the intARnet!

Getting excited... I am losing weight, gaining strength again. Still enjoying the ice cream. Had almost 1 quart last night (7 servings X 110 calories) and it tasted heavenly! Down to 198ish fully carbed. Give me another 3 weeks and I will be back where I left, if not even in better shape.

Coke
08-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Damn dude, be brave about the pics, lol...we'd be glad to pick you apart - :D

ArchAngel777
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
197ish for weight... Gonna do some HIIT tonight after work. Should be good. Still taking it slow on the diet...

ArchAngel777
08-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Tuesday I did some power cleans and bench press. Went to 215 on power cleans and 225 on the bench press. Weight 197ish and almost peering into the 196's... Diet is in check. All is going well, so far *fingers crossed*.

ArchAngel777
08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
About ready to head to the gym for some power cleans and some bench press. Weight seems to be stuck around 197ish or so... But, I have been eating more pasta and drinking less water. I think my body is holding water or something. Today I decided to drink a ton of water to test and see if water retention was the reason.

Been eating around 2,300 to 2,500 calories a day on average... Definately a lot more lax than I was the previous 7 months of my diet.

Baby & Wife are good... :D

Coke
08-22-2006, 06:38 AM
Glad to hear that you and the whole crew is doing great!!

Holding steady at 197lbs is actually nice, your body must want to stay around there, just let it restructure over time.

Con
08-22-2006, 06:43 AM
hey angel, been checkin out your journal, nice stuff and you must really like power cleans :D. I wanna try them one day, they look ........interesting. Gj and keep at it.

ArchAngel777
08-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks Coke and Con.

Weight -- yes, I suppose I wouldn't mind if I was 10% BF at 197... :D

As for power cleans, yes, I do really enjoy them because they are a full body workout. They work your calves, quads, hams, lower back, upper back, abs, traps, triceps (jerk part of the lift) delts. Every major muscle group with the exception of your chest is hit with Clean + Jerk movement. Promotes speed as well... In addition to cleans, I also bench press, because I consider the chest muscle important

Did cleans last night...

135 X 5
185 X 1
205 X 1
215 X 1
205 X 1
185 X 1 (X15 for form).

Bench Press

135 X 8
185 X 6
225 X 3

Did 20 minutes of HIIT...

ArchAngel777
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Massively sore this morning... Last night went on a walk with the child and wife around the lake. Those power cleans have every muscle hurting in my body.

Coke
08-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Last night went on a walk with the child and wife around the lake.

How wonderful Gabe.

Those power cleans have every muscle hurting in my body.

That's great too, lol.

ArchAngel777
08-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks Coke.

Did some running last night... I started with just 7 mile an hour pace looking to run a mere few minutes, but realized how much easier running was becoming for me, especially when compared 4 or 5 months ago. I ended up running 2 miles in about 17 minutes (not a great pace). The first mile was cake and easy, then the next 1/2 mile was starting to get a bit more difficult, I had to concentrate and the running no longer became "free and fun"... The last 1/2 mile was utter torture, but I endured. After that I walked for about 10 minutes and then did two sprint sessions on the tread mill. Overall, it was a great run. Based on my performance there, I expect that I am under a 7 minute single mile and if I were in a race, possibly even a 6 minute mile. My left hip has some pain, but not so much my right.

I plan to add another cardio session (2 instead of 1) to my weekly routine for a while. The plan (wifes idea) was to bike around the lake on Saturdays. Good idea, now if only SHE would exercise... I gotta get her on a WBB routine... Actually, getting her to pick up a dumbell would be better than it is now... :D

Weight is 196ish, fully carbed up.

Con
08-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Sounds like things are steadily progressing. Keep goin, and stay on the wife, shes gotta come around soon :)

Stumprrp
08-25-2006, 07:37 AM
nice running gabe good to see your still active

ArchAngel777
08-29-2006, 11:49 AM
MASSIVE CHEAT DAY last Friday evening... I must have eaten well over 4,000 calories... Then the next day, I cheated again by eating an unhealthy 3,000 calories (most of which was ice cream). Then Sunday I went to the state fair and didn't cheat once and ate about 2,000 calories... Monday was around 2,000 calories as well. So, I HOPE I undid the damage from Friday by now.

I went up to the local high school where I grew up (I love close now) and checked out their track. It is brand new! So I did quarter mile runs and then walked 1/8th miles and alternated. After doing 8 intervals, I decided to do 100 yard sprints - 4 of them. I didn't bring a watch, but I realized that I am a pretty fast runner. I am going to bring my stop watch sometime here in the next few weeks to see just how fast I am when running the 100 yards. I might start focusing on this type of training if I find I am naturally good at it.

Today major DOMs from last nights running... I tell you, running like a sprinter is just like lifting weights, no doubt.

Weight is somewhere in the 196's again... Moving slowly, but surely.

Thanks for the comments guys...

Gabe

Coke
08-30-2006, 04:42 AM
Better get plenty of running in over at the high school's new track before the chill set in unless you are the hardcore type...sprinter's have quads for days as do a few soccer players I know at my gym.

ArchAngel777
08-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, every part of my legs are sore.

Last night I did some upper body workout and did an easy bike for 20 minutes and then walked a decent pace for another 20 minutes... Woke up extremely sore again. Feels good though!

ArchAngel777
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Went to the track last Saturday during the day and did some sprints. I ran the 1/4" mile in 1 minute and 19 seconds. I am looking to improve that time, hoping to bring that down to a minute at some point. I ran two of those and then did the 1/8" mile twice... Best time for that (I was tired) was 35 seconds... I wasn't completely rested for it, but I now have a ball park for my times. After those four sprints, I decided to try the 40 yard dash... That was a mistake, I pulled my quad right off the start and ended with a weak time of 5.44... Knowing that it isn't wise to just stop once you get hurt, I decided to stretch it and did some jogging (jogging did not hurt, but walking did)... So, I jogged about 1 mile and then went home. I went home, filled the bathtub up with the coldest water and took an "ice bath"... It was probably 50 degrees or so... Made my legs and lower bak numb for about 15 minutes, then I got out. Next day everything was a lot better, almost completely healed. Now, three days later it is almost as good as new.

Yestersday I had an insatiable appitite... I ate over 5,000 calories and couldn't stop eating. I don't know why, but everything I ate did nothing to curb my hunger. I tried junk food, health food, everyfood! I just ate and ate until my stomach protruded way way way out... Bummer, but luckily I am done with that part. I am much better today.

Today all of our hard work is finally going to be noticed... The basement is getting carpeted right now as I type this! I can't wait to go home and have usable basement!!!

Going to workout tonight... I think I will be cleans today... Next Friday I plan to run the track again.

Weight? I don't wanna know... LOL, this last weekend was maintenance and one day +2000 calories, so I am probably heavier than my last check-in.... Bummer.

Coke
09-06-2006, 05:15 AM
That is awesome Gabe, I appreciate having a big full ridiculous stomach more and more, lol...the sprints will be ace again, you just got a little over zealous is all. Good deal on the carpet, you like your basement area man.

Sensei
09-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Ewww...cardio.... How bout some iron?

ArchAngel777
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Ewww...cardio.... How bout some iron?

Plenty of Iron last night....

Hang Cleans

135 X 5
185 X 5
185 X 5
185 X 5

Power Cleans

185 X 1
200 X 1 (X10)

Hang Cleans (again)

185 X 4
185 X 4

Bench Press

135 X 8
185 X 5 (slow)
185 X 5 (slow)
185 X 5 (slow)

Cardio, light HIIT session, if you can even call it HIIT (12 minutes).

Best workout I have had in ages...

Thanks Coke! I'll be posting some pictures of the basement here shortly.... Looks really nice!

Coke
09-07-2006, 05:29 AM
This session was a damn good one bro.

ArchAngel777
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Last Friday I did some major HIIT...

5.0 incline...

3.6mph 1 minute
8.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
9.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
10.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
8.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
9.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
10.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
8.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
9.0mph 1 minute
3.6mph 1 minute
10.0mph 1 minute

After that I walked for about 10 minutes and ran here or there with varying inclines and speeds. The machine said I burned over 1000 (I know, not actual, but a good gauge) calories... Over twice what I normally do.

Saturday I lifted by 36" HDTV down the stairs with my Dad... I was the one going forward down the steps and my back killed for like 2 minutes after that while it uncompressed. The TV must weight at least 400, possibly 450.

Diet has been pretty clean for the most part, but last night (Sunday) I had another major refeed. Consumed about 4,000 calories (not as many as the last one)... Feeling pretty lean this morning and I plan to hit the iron pretty strong today. This evening will be Hang Cleans again and some bench press followed by some running.

Instead of losing weight, my focus has somewhat changed into being an athlete more so. I really am enjoying running a lot more than I ever have... I can't say I love long runs, but I do love the ability to do them. I also like the sprinting aspect of it. I love running the 100m and 400m around the highschool track. I am looking foward to improving those times as I lose weight and gain strength, stamina and endurance.

ArchAngel777
09-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Hang Cleans

135 X 5
165 X 5
185 X 5
184 X 5 (failed to rack 5th one)

Power Cleans

185 X 1
205 X 1
215 X 1
195 X 1 (15X)

Hang Cleans (again)

185 X 3
165 X 5

AF Squats

165 X 8
185 X 6 (Left hammy starting spazzing out and locked up)

Bench Press

135 X 12
185 X 7
205 X 2
225 X 5

Tricep Pushdowns

60 X 10
70 X 8

Running HIIT (medium) 45 minutes...!!! o.O

Coke
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey man, looks like somewhere along the line you got the runner's high, lol…fine effort.

ArchAngel777
09-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey man, looks like somewhere along the line you got the runner's high, lol…fine effort.

Yeah... But now I am extremely sore and barely could walk Tuesday and Wednesday. I am not even sure I will be able to have my friday workout. Well, heres hoping tomorrow I am good enough to run some more. Had a bit of an accident last night, I ate like 1 quart of ice cream (oops!)... So today I backed the calories down to try and make up for it.

Stumprrp
09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
gab - that was a sick workout dont worry about ice cream! my post workout was BK and lots of milk! :D hows the baby?

ArchAngel777
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Last Friday I decided to run my for my life on the treadmill. Running is becoming easier and easier (except that I increase the speed to make up for this).

So last Friday's workout was the following...

2.0 Incline

3.8mph - 1 minute
8.0mph - 1 minute
3.8mph - 1 minute
9.0mph - 1 minute
3.8mph - 1 minute
10mph - 1 minute

Did that X 7 (42 minutes)

Walked for about 4 minutes after that to heal up from the side ache... (happens about at 40minutes or so always)... Then I ran/walked some more until I hit 7 miles. Aprox time was 1 hour and 10 minutes or so.

I actually wasn't that sore the next day and am ready for some iron tonight.

ArchAngel777
09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Had a good workout tonight, but I don't feel like logging it. The usual Monday/Tuesday type workout... Good stuff, I feel great.

Coke
09-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Keep on keeping on Gabriel...looking good although you didn't share all of what you did.

ArchAngel777
09-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, I went running again and just for kicks I decided to run a 1 mile at a pace of 8.5 at 1.0 incline... I was successfull and that puts me at a 7:03 mile... Not bad, slightly above average. I am pretty happy though, because as time goes on I will be able to improve that time no problem. Ultimately, I going to attempt a 6 minute mile before the end of the year. Basically that will ammount to 10 miles an hour for 6 minutes... Going to be difficult, but I know once I lower body weight even more, it will get easier and easier.

I think people who have been reading my journal from the get go can understand why I am switching to running. Since I am cutting, it is very difficult to gain strength. It gets a little discouraging squatting the same weight week in and week out... With running, I can see progress. As I lower body weight, it becomes easier and I can run faster and longer and my times get better and better. So, until I cut the weight off, I probably won't be looking to hit the weights more than once a week. I do enough to maintain what I have and focus all efforts on short distance running.

Con
09-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Well why not try and prove in chins? they get easier with a bodyweight drop.

I can however understand being a bit discouraged with being stagnant at a certain weight on an exercize.

Well gl man, I wish you the best.

ArchAngel777
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Well why not try and prove in chins? they get easier with a bodyweight drop.

I can however understand being a bit discouraged with being stagnant at a certain weight on an exercize.

Well gl man, I wish you the best.

Very true. The problem is that on a cut generally you get weaker, especially after you already have the newbie gains. Typically, it will take me about 2 months to drop 10 pounds of weight (fat, preferably), but in that amount of time, I probably lost 10 pounds of strength to my lats. So, it is pretty much a wash... Take for instance power cleans. At one point (Around 220 BW) I was able to power clean 225 quite easily for several singles in a row. But right now my max single that I can reliably do is about 215, while being about 30 pounds lighter (190ish)... As my weight drops so does my strength to a certain degree and they typically even out for the most part. Same with Squats... Doing 275 @ 220 and I still can only do 275 at 190... LOL... So, ya... Bummer, but that is the way it goes.

Hey, thanks for checking out my journal!

Con
09-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Well there is a difference between losing strength and just not gaining. if you are still squattin 275, at 190 pounds, than arguably you are stronger since you are now doing 1.44X BW while before you were doing 1.25xBW.

Anyway like i said, gl with everything, but id try and stick with weights maybe 2 or 3 times a week, maybe like fullbody workouts and just forget anything extra.

ArchAngel777
09-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Well, today was a pretty good workout... I decided to not hit it with so much volume and just hit it hard and short... So, here it is...

Hang Cleans

Bar X 5
135 X 5
165 X 5
185 X 5
185 X 5
185 X 5

Power Cleans

185 X 4
185 X 4

Hang Cleans

155 X 5

Dead Lifts

225 X 8
275 X 5
225 X 5

Bench Press

Bar X 5
135 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 5
205 X 5
185 X 5

Tricep Pushdowns

70 X 8
80 X 6

Cardio - 20 minutes, mostly walking with a 3 minute (1/2 mile) run in between. I wanted to set my pace for 10mph (max treadmill will go) and go for three minutes. I did it with relative ease, but it really started to get hard. I doubt I could make the full mile at 10mph, but who knows, if I had to, maybe I could. This was done at 1.0 incline.

I left the workout with plenty of energy (something I hadn't been doing the last month), so I think I succeeded. I do have a shin split on my left leg that really hurts and has for about the last three weeks. I went home and took a ice bath (well, not ice ice, but about ~45 degrees) and that seemed to do the trick. I spent 8 minutes in there and feel really good now. I hope tomorrow that I can do a pretty good hard short workout, but I might take it as a rest.

Coke
09-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Certain types of shoes or running styles will cause them shin splits, take it easy dude...real nice workout.

ArchAngel777
09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Certain types of shoes or running styles will cause them shin splits, take it easy dude...real nice workout.

Thanks Coke, for always checking out my journal, means a lot.

Today's workout was light... I did 10 minutes of biking, HIIT style followed by a 10 minute light walk. I think I am going to rest tomorrow and then hit it hard Thursday.

Sidior
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I like the mix of running and weights, keep up the solid efforts in here bro.

ArchAngel777
09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I like the mix of running and weights, keep up the solid efforts in here bro.

Thanks for stopping by... :D

I think Anthony was right... I had been talking to him over some PM's on my training and what not. I think I have not been getting enough sleep lately, which is why I am getting quite sore. I am making it a point to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I used to do that and it worked wonders and slowly but surely I have been trying to get by on less speed because of A) Baby and B) I need time for myself to do things. But, going to set that asside and see if getting some more sleep will cure some of the DOMs I have been having. Also bring the volume down a bit and keeping up intensity. I am a little bit sore today, but I plan to hit the gym anyway.

ArchAngel777
09-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Last nights workout (mildly sore, light).

Did some lights hang cleans and worked on some single power cleans from 185 to 205 for about 10 singles or so. Then I went for a quick hard run. The run went like this...

3.0 Incline

1 minute @ 8mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 8mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 8mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 8mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 9mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 9mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 9mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 10mph
30 seconds walk @ 4mph
1 minute @ 10mph
5 minute walk (warm down).

Pretty easy overall, but I still broke a sweat. Total time was 25 minutes.

Woke up this morning and thought I would be sore, at least a little, but I am hardly sore at all, just very feint traces of soreness... So, I guess I will hit the gym tonight with the same type of workout and try and feel out my recovery abilities. Ate two big bowls of ice cream last night... I did it on purpose, since I havn't had a cheat in a while. So, total calories yesterday was aprox 2,900, right around maintenance...

Weight? No idea... If I had to guess, I would say I am right around 192ish (my sig weight). I havn't been weighing myself lately as it tends to make me diet more hardcore, something I want to avoid at this point.

ArchAngel777
09-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Tonights workout was pretty cool.... I wasn't sore at all except for very very feint traces...

Warmup:

Ran for about 8 minutes... Wanted to get the heart rate up, so I did some 1 minute running with 30 or less seconds rest in between... Did a few runs like that.

Power Cleans

135 X 3
135 X 3
135 X 3
135 X 3
135 X 3

These were done without "catching the weight" so to speak... They were simply racked straight legged.

Dips

BW X 10
BW X 10
BW X 10

I did these in between my cleans... I was attempting to keep my HR up there the entire time. So very little rest.

Cardio

I ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes HIIT... Pretty hardcore, then moved to the bike and did another 8 minutes of HIIT style and went back to do 8 more minutes on the treadmill for a cool down run and walk...

Overall, I felt really good. I gave it max effort, but didn't drain my energy completely. I left feeling I could do more... But that is what I wanted, to get a workout and not be left morbidly tired the rest of the week.

Coke
09-30-2006, 07:27 AM
I agree, it's best at times to forego jumping on the scale, lol...good job supersetting the chins with power cleans.

ArchAngel777
09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I agree, it's best at times to forego jumping on the scale, lol...good job supersetting the chins with power cleans.

Thanks Coke! I am only a tinge sore today... So it looks like I really can keep the intensity up there, I just need to stop before I drain everything out of my system.

I am thinking that I may not get on the scale until November 7th, my one year aniversery from working out! Going to see how accurate I am, but I am shooting for somewhere around 184 by November 7th... Not sure where I am not even, but I know I am right around 190ish.

ArchAngel777
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Last nights workout was pretty good. It started out very crappy...

My power cleans felt soooo heavy... My energy was very low... I ended up doing some singles with 185 every 30 to 45 seconds. Did about 15 - 20 singles or so.

I went some a good HIIT run. Went 15 minutes and kept the recovery time short...

Woke up this morning not sore at all. That is a good sign... Anthony's advice is working spot on. I plan to workout tonight as well.

ArchAngel777
10-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Worked out Tuesday, but didn't log it. It was almost a mirror or Monday's workout. I took a rest Wednesday and Thursday, except for a mild walk. Going to hit it hard tonight and then tomorrow I have to dig some holes for some deck footings... Good thing my brother is coming over to help me dig! Yay!

Yesterday I felt completely out of touch with reality... When I was driving home, I almost fell asleep. I have modified my diet a bit more strict, though certainly not THAT strict. I am trying to eat more frequest smaller meals. Only reason I am doing this is for comfort... Eating more often means less time starving... I lowered calories to around 2,000 instead of 2,250 or so. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I still have plenty of weight to lose (20 pounds of fat). Again, I am shooting for 169ish for weight.

Today feels really good.. I am expect a better than average workout.

Stumprrp
10-06-2006, 11:28 AM
keep it up man u can do it, im cuttin with ya on monday man so i feel your pain, or will

ArchAngel777
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I was upset tonight... I went home planning on going to the Johnson Highschool track close to my house. I went there and they locked it up now... New policy? Well, now I can no longer use their track, because they lock it up now. I was pretty mad over that whole ordeal... Then I went to Arlington Highschool, another local school only a few blocks from me and the same thing! I pay my property taxes like everyone else! I deserve to use that field! Those punks! I am thinking about writing a letter to them. I really wanted to track my 1/4th mile (400meter) times. But, I coudn't... Grrr...

Anyway so I went back to the gym and fought a buttload of traffic getting there (Come on Saint Paul/Minneapolis, get your roads fixed)... Traffic wasn't moving... So, I shot off the first exit when I finally got there and took some back roads, which took nearly as long. I was pretty upset.

Finally get to the gym and am ready for the treadmill. I decided I was at least going to partially try for a 6 minute mile. I had some doubt in my head over it. Before I started the run a lady stopped by that I had not seen a while and talked to her (She is a really good runner) and said I looked like another person because of how good of shape I am in now. She said "You are like a completely different person"... LOL, I felt embarressed at the same time as good... Ya know? It is like, holy crap I was a fat ass! Anyway, she said I looked great! Woohoo! You know people mean it when they offer it to you... It wasn't like I was fishing or even talking about that. Just talking about my son... Anyway, all is good!

So, I warmed up for 10 minutes and started my jaunt at 10mph @ 1.0 incline... I made it to 4 minutes before the pain became a bit much for me. I *could* have went longer, but I didn't. I had enough pain... On a scale of 1 - 20 I made it to 19... I am confident that if I were in a race I would have a 6 minute mile no problem. On a treadmill with a dead gym (no one was there except for like 2 people) I just didn't have the drive to continue. I walked for a minute to catch my breath and did two more intervals of a 1 minute run at 10mph. I was worn out from this workout.

Soon the 6 minute mile will be mine! Then? Then I work towards a 5:30 and then eventually a 5:00 minute mile. Let the games begin... Oh and sorry Sensei, no weights today! :D I have a hole to dig tomorrow, three of them (footings for the deck).

Coke
10-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Sweet compliment from the runner chick, you deserve it from all the work you've done over a time - keep on it!!

Too bad about the tracks being closed up now at the school(s), you were doing good over there...intense stuff on the treadmills, you will kill the 6 minute mile shortly bro.

ArchAngel777
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Sweet compliment from the runner chick, you deserve it from all the work you've done over a time - keep on it!!

Too bad about the tracks being closed up now at the school(s), you were doing good over there...intense stuff on the treadmills, you will kill the 6 minute mile shortly bro.

Thanks Coke! I sure hope I hit the 6 minute mile shortly...

Saturday we used an auger and dug three really deep wholes. The auger was a two man motorized deal... Decent workout for the most part.

Sunday I didn't do anything except eat and perhaps a little too much. Went to my wifes sad of the family and they had birthday party for their little couson. So, I ate lunch there and kept portions just fine, but once the cake came out I think I had too much... But the funny thing is that I was all done by 3:00pm eating and I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day (asside from a very small piece of sliced meat). I just wasn't hungry and ate around 2,000 calories for the day.

Today is another workout, I hope I feel up for it!

Stumprrp
10-09-2006, 07:33 AM
dont those compliments feel awesome man? i thought it was great until people still keep saying it like 6 months after the fact lol, wait until you get a few steriod comments if u plan on gettin big :P

ArchAngel777
10-11-2006, 10:25 AM
dont those compliments feel awesome man? i thought it was great until people still keep saying it like 6 months after the fact lol, wait until you get a few steriod comments if u plan on gettin big :P

Yeah, it does feel good to get the comments. It drives me to never become obese again...

Monday I had a decent workout. It was just under and hour... Did some power cleans and running, typical Monday workout. Today is another workout day.

ArchAngel777
10-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Still alive and still well... Workouts are more of the same ole same ole... Yeah, nothing special here. I am dropping weight still, staying on the diet pretty good. Eating around 2K a day, sometimes a tad more, sometimes a tad less. Love handles shrunk even more, I just noticed that the other day. Hoping for some good results come November 7th. Hoping for ~180 ish weight by then. Looks like some more definition is coming out. Difficult to say what my final weight will be. Thinking around 169 will not be too far off at this point.

Coke
10-18-2006, 05:28 AM
I am dropping weight still, staying on the diet pretty good...Love handles shrunk even more, I just noticed that the other day...Looks like some more definition is coming out...

Nice to hear that you are on track with the plan - maybe we'll see some pics afterwards, lol - :D

ArchAngel777
10-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Nice to hear that you are on track with the plan - maybe we'll see some pics afterwards, lol - :D

Hopefully... Should be only a matter of time. I have lots of time though, unless God plans on calling me home! *please don't!*

Last night I did some running. I only had about 30 minutes last night and had to make the most of it. So I decided to run the tread mill.

1.0 incline

3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 45 seconds
10mph run 75 seconds
3.8mph walk 15 seconds
10mph run 45 seconds

Done! Great workout! Done.

Coke
10-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I suppose God will be calling you home if you keep doing what you did on the treadmill - :D ...killer running cycles!!

ArchAngel777
10-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Did some hang cleans last night and some dips with a nice decent paced walk. Pretty easy day for the most part... Going to run tonight.

Energy has been feeling low lately... I havn't been taking caffeine now for a month because I didn't want to depend on it and make sure I can get through without it. However, I might start taking it with my workouts again.

Little Gabe was taught to growl by my mother and it is pretty cute to see his go "GRRRR" funniest thing... He does it all day now.

Coke
10-26-2006, 04:25 AM
It's none of my business but I'd stay away from the caffeine since it is considered addictive, you can really go about your way and do your thing without it imo...real cute thing about the little man, bet you are the proudest Pop around.

ArchAngel777
10-26-2006, 07:37 AM
It's none of my business but I'd stay away from the caffeine since it is considered addictive, you can really go about your way and do your thing without it imo...real cute thing about the little man, bet you are the proudest Pop around.

Hey Coke, it is your business, especially since you are giving some pretty sound advice. I am pretty much in agreement with you over the caffeine and all addictive substances in general. However, truth be told, I have never been addicted to caffeine -- yet. I have been able to take large doses for months and then stop without any ill effects. This is generally pretty rare from what I understand. But, I figure if I don't need it, why take it? So yeah, I am still thinking in lines with your advice even though I appear to have no signs of addiction to it. So far been off of it for over a month and the workouts are pretty strong all in all.

Last night I did some weighted rows. 135 pounds 3 sets of 8 - 10 reps and then went to do my running.

I did a 5 minute warmup and then went liket his.

1.0 Incline

60 second walk @ 3.6mph
180 second run @ 10mph
120 second walk @ 3.6mph
90 second run @ 10mph
90 second walk @ 3.6mph
90 second run @ 10mph
90 second walk @ 3.6mph
60 second run @ 10mph
60 second walk @ 3.6mph
60 second run @ 10mph
60 second walk @ 3.6mph
60 second run @ 10mph
60 second walk @ 3.6mph
360 second walk @ 3.5mph

Left the workout feeling pretty darn good... Then I went shopping and bought $200+ in groceries...

Coke
10-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Nice stuff getting your rowing in there...super running intervals, feeling the need for speed at 10mph.

Sensei
10-27-2006, 05:56 AM
How much weight have you lost now?

Oh, and uh, I'd like to see more weights in here... ;)

ArchAngel777
10-27-2006, 08:36 AM
How much weight have you lost now?

Oh, and uh, I'd like to see more weights in here... ;)

Total? I was at 260 about 1 year ago and now I am guessing mid 180's so probably about 70 to 75 pounds or so. I know for certain that I am under 190right now and am shooting for 184 on 11/7/07 one year exactly from when I started.

My plan is to drop down to 169 at some point. It might take a seperate cut for that. But I will be breaking 180 before I end my diet and go back to maintenance for sure. The thought of 169 sounded scary to me but then I remember that will be depleted and my actually weight once I resume normal eating would be around 178 - 180.

I'll try and get some more weights in there eventually.

Thanks for dropping by Coke & Sensie.

ArchAngel777
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Nothing special here... Had the family over for the weekend and ate more than I should have, I think... I dunno, both days were around 2,800 calories.

Today is back on track...

ArchAngel777
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Totally feeling sick lately... I think I pulled a stomach muscle on Monday when I did a workout and still felt it there yesterday. So I have been taking it easy on the running for now.

A few days ago I did 20 dips X bw, those felt really good. Did some rows with 135ish X 10 and some 10+ rep power cleans. Those were killers... *yawn*... Again, I feel under the weather at this point.

Coke
11-03-2006, 05:22 AM
We all get that way at times - feeling subpar isn't so great but hang on in there, at least you're working out some.

ArchAngel777
11-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Did a nice run last night... I really gave her hell. Definately a 10/10 for effort last night.

25 minutes total

6 minute warmup 5.0 incline @ 3.6 mph

Workout was 12 minutes @ 5.0 Incline

60 seconds 10mph
60 second 3.5mph
60 seconds 10mph
60 second 3.5mph
60 seconds 10mph
60 second 3.5mph
60 seconds 10mph (4th interval I wanted to quit)
60 second 3.5mph
60 seconds 10mph (at the end of this one, I was ready to end it)
60 second 3.5mph
60 seconds 10mph (Pure hell on this last one, but I stuck with it)
60 second 3.5mph

Cooldown was 7 minutes of 3.6mph slightly lowering the incline over time...

I left there feeling like I could have done no better. Max Effort, max heart rate going on there. Pretty happy to have done that well.

Coke
11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Awesome ordeal on the treadmill guy - :thumbup: ...took it to the max!!

ArchAngel777
11-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks Coke.

Yesterday was my official 1 year aniversary of lifting weights and joining the gym. November 7th, 2005 was the official date that I decided to get my butt back in the gym and chance my diet.

Monday (6th) I did some weight lifting. I did several 8+ reps of 165 hang cleans and also did 25 dips (these are getting easier). Did some rowing and that was about it.

YAWN.... Well, back to work.

ArchAngel777
11-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Well, I did a decent workout Thursday, but when easy on the running (didn't run at all) just did a 12 minute walk in anticepation that I would be running Friday. Well, last night an issue between the wife and mother came up - not good. So... rather than workout when I am a little tense over things, I decided to just relax. Now that it is morning, I feel like I could go running for miles... Of course, maybe this was the two cups of pudding I just had... mmmm.

Well, not much is changing here... My journal is boring, not much is new. Still getting leaner and still have a ways to go (15ish more pounds to lose, maybe more).

mickyjune26
11-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Loads of respect for your cardio work. :strong:

ArchAngel777
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Loads of respect for your cardio work. :strong:

Thanks...

Workouts have been strong the last few and have not logged them (obviously). But so far so good and am still going strong.

I was able to DL 340 pretty easily, Power Clean 205 for a few singles and did 225 BP about 4 times. Worked on some cardio, etc... Hoping to break 180 in weight by Thanksgiving, then get through that day with maintenance calories and continue the cut... Already planned on another 3 months of cutting, which will be another 7 month cut. Should be ace by mid february at a around 165ish pounds - depleted - of course.

ArchAngel777
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Did another great workout. Not much changes in my workouts really... Until I get past this cutting phase (fricking year+!!!) I won't be much for programs.

Once I get down to the 160's, I plan to end the cut and do a very slow bulk and hit a routine and stick to it. I might try westside, or I might just join TCB and work on the olympic lifts. I was talking to some of the guys online about my experience and said I was welcome despite the guy who was an ass to me. They pretty much all agreed he was an ass and I would be welcome to train. That was good to know... But again, I gotta eat to get stronger and right now I am wasting away (that is a good thing though!).

ArchAngel777
11-19-2006, 04:39 PM

Coke
11-20-2006, 03:55 AM
Nice pic Gabe, you all look like a happy bunch.

ArchAngel777
11-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Yep, we are... :D

I did squats for the first time in 4 months Monday. Oh man, my legs are killing me... Just goes to prove that the body should be trained multiple ways. Very sore...

mickyjune26
11-22-2006, 09:00 AM
way to go on the squats. Your baby is really cute! :)

ArchAngel777
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks... I find him adorable...

Ok, bad news... I ate like a pig both Thanksgiving AND the day after... I feel so terrible... I was 181 Thanksgiving morning, and now I am like 185.4. I must have eaten 4,000 calories minimum on thanksgiving and another 4,000 yesterday. I think I gained 1 pound of pure fat :-( Bummer, that means I lost 1 week of progress. Oh well, not the end of the world (but close).

Just wanted to mention that... Later ya'll

TwiloMike
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Major changes... :D
May I suggest another change? Your shirt is too big now. Find some non-fat people clothes! :) Good going, man!

Sensei
11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
May I suggest another change? Your shirt is too big now. Find some non-fat people clothes! :) Good going, man!
I agree!

4lbs? No big deal. You're too skinny already!

Stumprrp
11-25-2006, 04:15 PM
BULK GABE! haha your baby is so cute

ArchAngel777
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys!

Twilo, dude... I know... I am actually going back into my wardrobe from 8 - 9 years ago and finding some of my shirts are fitting pretty nice. Though, since I am still in my transition phase, I don't want to spend much money on new clothes at this point. I still have about 20 pounds and aprox 1 - 3" more inches on my waste to lose. (currently 33").

Today was the second time doing squats and they were a lot better. I still need to work up to them, but I ended up doing 225 X 3 pretty easily. I then BPed 225 X 2, and did weighted seated rows of 135 X 8 (3 sets). Did a nice brisk walk... Oh yeah, did plenty of power cleans. Did 205 X 1 a few singles, did 185 X 5 for some hang cleans, and then 165 X 8 twice. I am beat...

Good enough for me!

ArchAngel777
11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Woke up only slightly sore this morning. Traps and legs feel worked out quite well. So far so good, I feel great for the most part. I will be heading to the gym after work to do some cardio.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but after the 225 lbs ATF Squats, my left knee was killing for about 2 minutes. I thought I seriously injured it, but after a minute or two, it felt fine. I was kind of worried for a minute (two exactly :D). I warmed up properly too, I did 135 X 5, 185 X 5, 205 X 3, 225 X 3, so it wasn't like I was careless. I dunno, but glad I didn't injure it other than for that 1 - 2 minutes.

My BW is about 182 (I really should update my sig, but I am too lazy). I found some older pictures of me back when I was 16... I was certainly more trim then and had a bit more muscle. But that is the good news, if I was there once, I can be there again. 20 more weeks to go (Oh gawd, that sounds like eternity).

ArchAngel777
11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Did some HIIT followed by SS. Total time was 45 minutes, including warmup and cooldown.

Weight = 182.2 lbs

Coke
11-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Wow man, you've really come down in weight just as planned - nice job!!

ArchAngel777
11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks Coke!

45 Minutes of HIIT & SS cardio again... Same as last nights workout more or less.

ArchAngel777
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Tonights workout was a heck of a lot of fun!

I started doing some hang cleans at 165 for 2 sets of 8 reps and then one of the bigger guys points to the iron log press that he made and asked if I wanted to give it a try. At first, I was like, no way man, that is a little to advanced for me, but, I thought, what the hell! It was great fun. Soon almost the entire power lifting crew was over there using this steel log. If you watch WSM, it is a replica of the log press. Without any weights on it, it weighs in at 140. Since I had never done it before, 140 was difficult. After a few tries I was able to do 180, which isn't half bad! Some of the guys were doing 260+ was a great blast. Actually, this really makes me respect 'Matt Wanat' a pro ASC (American Strong Corporation) when he was said to have done 340 log press on his first try! I used to work out with Matt Wanat back when I was 16!!! (7 years ago!) the dude was a giant Jesus looking figure. He was 6'4" 280 back then by far one of the most impressive guys I have ever met! Now the dude is competing in strong mans all over his region.

Anyway, wow, fun workout. I also did some rows and dips and then did a nice bike ride followed by a 5 minute walk. I am going to be sore tomorrow...

Coke
12-01-2006, 11:30 AM
No doubt you're sore as hell today from doing the strongman movements, and it's gonna get even worse - :D

ArchAngel777
12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I was sore alright... But that didn't stop be from breaking another record in terms of HIIT.

Today was an absolutely stellar workout despite being sore.

I did 60 seconds walk @ 1.0 incline 3.6mph, and 60 seconds run @ 1.0 incline and 10mph for 15 intervals! I then took an extra minute rest (2 minutes of walking at 3.6mph) and turned up the HEAT. I moved the incline to 5.0 and did 6 intervals of that! Truly incredable! Woah, I was blasted. The machine said 750 calories for the 45 minutes it took... Yeah, I kicked its ass all the way.

I have a business trip Monday - Friday next week... I will be at Springfield, IL, so I doubt I will get much of a workout in. Those hotels have crappy fitness rooms!

Well, checking out, I feel great!

ArchAngel777
12-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, I fly out tomorrow... I decided to take a break this weekend and didn't lift Saturday or Today... I just hope there is at the very least a treadmill at the hotel. I just installed World of Warcraft again, leveling up a Warlock, L18 already (13 hours played) in hopes of getting him to 50 before the expansion comes out. I want my 'Fel Guard' pet. Also installing Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my laptop and patching it to 1.06 for some online play. I have a pretty decent gaming laptop... That is it for now!

ArchAngel777
12-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Having a blast in Springfield, IL! NOT! Pretty boring here overall... Workout room at the hotel completely sucks, but I am using it a little bit everyday anyway, just to relieve the stress of the job. Two more days and back to Minneapolis! Thank God!

ArchAngel777
12-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Back home in Minneapolis and took my wife out to dinner. We went to Friday's! I had a a chick breast sandwich, fries and a nice large peice of pie. After this relatively large meal, I decided to weigh myself, to see where I sat. I was 179.6 lbs...

Not bad! Have I finally broken into the 170's reliably? Not sure, we will find out...

Tomorrow I am going to give it hell... I have had quite an easy week and it is time to work my ass off again.

ArchAngel777
12-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Did some squats yesterday along with some hang cleans, rows and dips. Gave it my best.

Today I did cardio, HIIT. 10mph @ 6.0 incline... I was tired, total time was 36 minutes today.

Weight = 178.2

Coke
12-11-2006, 04:45 AM
That's the way bro, get right back on it, lol - :D

ArchAngel777
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks Coke!

Going to do some power cleans tonight, actually, I may opt for hang cleans. Hammies are really sore from Saturday...

ArchAngel777
12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Hang Cleans + Dead Lifts today... Felt heavy... Incline fast paced walk for 25 minutes.... Still really sore from Saturday.

Weight in the gym on that scale was 181 lbs.

ArchAngel777
12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Had the last three days off... Picked up an Xbox 360 and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Downloaded most of the demos from live. Looks like some of the games I am considering are

1) Test Drive Unlimited
2) Saints Row
3) Just Cause
4) NHL 07'
5) MK Armegeddon (was just placed on backwards compatibility list)
6) Oblivion (Have it for PC already, but would like the console version)
7) Gears of War (Not big into shooters on consoles, but looks good)

So I have some to chose from... Saints Row demo was really fun and so was Just Cause.

Anyway, I plan to hit the gym really hard today.

Stumprrp
12-15-2006, 11:22 AM
nice to see you still at it Gab, deffinatly get that gears of war game it looks rediculous

ArchAngel777
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
I purchase Mortal Kombat Armageddon for the origonal XBox because I read that just a few days prior, it made it the compatability list! It plays like a charm and is much much better than the fordmer MK: Deception.

I also found NHL 07 for 360 on sale at BB, they were all out from the looks of it on the shelf, but my brother asked one of the guys and he checked it back and found one for us! Woot! 1/2 price!

NHL 07 is pretty cool, but I am having one hell of a time getting used to the new hockey puck controls... Cool feature, but difficult to use at first in my opinion. It is much more difficult to score in 07, then 06 due to this change. Probably makes it more realistic though.

MK: Armageddon freaking rocks... Awesome game. Unlocked all four extra characters and now have 62 fighters to choose from. Also, I created my own fighter (63 then) Chuck Norris! Looks just like him and I configured all his attacks for his signature round house, leg sweep and backhand attacks. Hahaha, it was awesome. I have him looking like he did in "Breaker Breaker" back in 1973... Bell Bottoms, mustache and that 70's hair dew he had! Ha, hilarious!

NeverWinter Nights 2: Boy is that game a bummer. It is so damn buggy... The camera angles suck and the lag is terrible! This is a good game gone wrong... This game had so much hype going it... All D & D fans thought it would be better, but it falls flat on its face. Still somewhat enjoyable... I am playing a Paladin.

Well, anyway, I suppose I should be talking more about my workouts than my video games... Lest I have to change the name of the journal...

Anyway, I had a somewhat lacklustre workout yesterday. I just didn't have much energy. I put in maximum effort, but was just not peforming much. Only 32 minutes of working out that day.

ArchAngel777
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Good workout tonight... I did some strongman log toss stuff, hang cleans and some seated upright rows along with lat pulldowns. Was going to dips, but some tool kept sitting on the thing in between his sets talking to his buddy about how cool they were. Whatever...

All in all pretty good!

ArchAngel777
12-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Three weeks ago I weighed in at 182.2... I will weigh myself tonight to see where I stand. I am guessing I will be around 177 - 178. I seem to be losing about 1 to 1.5 pounds of weight per week (hopefully mostly fat).

ArchAngel777
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Did some light hang cleans and some easy HIIT running. I didn't hit it really hard, but hard enough to break a sweat.

Weight = 177

Coke
12-20-2006, 05:49 AM
Happy to see you meet your weight loss goals in this way, just don't go too far and wither away man, lol.

ArchAngel777
12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Happy to see you meet your weight loss goals in this way, just don't go too far and wither away man, lol.

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, even though I am 177, I am truly not 177 because I am dieting and my water levels are down, severely. I am probably 185 right now if I moved to maintenance for a week. That is why my plan is to cut down to ~160, and then move to slightly above maintenance and shoot back right up to ~169+ within a week of the end of my cut. So, even though it sometimes scares me to think I am dwindling down to nothing, I have to remember that my weight is reporting at least 10 pounds lighter than I really am during this time.

ArchAngel777
12-22-2006, 07:08 AM
ATF Squats

135 X 8
185 X 6
205 X 5
205 X 5
205 X 4

Damn legs...

Hang Cleans

165 X 5
165 X 5
165 X 5
165 X 5

Dips BW X 15
Dips BW X 15

No cardio... Shorter workout. Picked up Medieval II:Total War for the PC and then Viva Pinata for Xbox 360! Woot!

No cardio...

ArchAngel777
12-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Did some HIIT... 32 minutes worth. Felt good.

ArchAngel777
12-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Did some Hang Cleans, 195 X 1, Dead Lifts 305 X 1, Rows 150 X 10, Dips BW X 20 and that is about it... Did several eats of each alternating between them. Total time spend was about 45 minutes.

Stumprrp
12-23-2006, 05:53 PM
strong work

ArchAngel777
12-26-2006, 07:54 AM
It is only Christmas once a year... I pigged out more than I ever thought I would ever do! I willingly jumped off the bandwagen! I ate at the very least, 4,000+ calories for two consecutive days... I have mixed emotions now! I set myself back probably 1 week as a result. I am pretty sure I gained 1 pound of fat (if that is possible) and plenty of pounds of water due to glycogen.

I ate so much food that I became physically ill. I had so many sweets that they no longer tasted sweet, but gross!

Now, back to the grind... I think I am going to use this opportunity to modify the diet a bit. I am planning on raising the calories a bit for at least a week. However, today I am pretty much fasting (not hungry one bit).

ArchAngel777
12-26-2006, 01:38 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~gabegrinstead/Gabe_and_Gabe.jpg

Picture of Gabe & Gabe!

Coke
12-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Little man is coming up nice, sweet pic bro...you have totally slimmed down.

ArchAngel777
12-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks Coke!

Last night I had a pretty good workout...

I did hang cleans, squats, rows, pull downs, dips and alternated between then all for some pretty intense training. Was done in 45 minutes, did about 30 sets total.

ArchAngel777
12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Did some HIIT tonight. 35 minutes and then went home... :D Had a nice protein shake (280 cals).

ArchAngel777
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Just picked up Gears of War! Can't wait to get home and play it with my brother... Invited him over for the evening!

Stumprrp
12-28-2006, 01:15 PM
what a cute kid haha enjoy gears of war

ArchAngel777
12-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rob!

Last night I had a light short workout. Was working with low weight hang cleans, high reps little rest. It wasn't much of a workout, but it did what it was supposed to do. Make me feel less guilty about playing video games all night :P

I played Gears of War with my brother and it is absolutely stunning... Great game.

ArchAngel777
01-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I started UD2.0 today... Spent a long time putting the diet together and am planning on giving it a few cycles. Should be interesting... Basically it is four days of famine (not as bad as PSMF) followed by a carb load for 24 - 30 hours followed by your heavy training day and then repeat... Of course there is a lot more to it than that, but that is the gyst of it. I am going to alter my training for it now. I will have to back off the power cleans for a while and work more isolation exercises. If anything, it is something new to try, getting board here :D

Well, happy new year!

ArchAngel777
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, this is the second day of UD 2.0 and it was difficult psycologically. I cannot explain it, but so far the diet is MORE difficult than PSMF. I think the reason is because of the mind. You see, once I found out I get a huge refeed (Card Load) I simply cannot wait for that time to come. So each day drags on as I look at my mere 1400 calories allotted... Protein is 150+ grams and fat is right around 40-50 grams. The rest are carbs, which doesn't leave much (50 grams or so).

Today was depletion of glycogen. I wasn't able to work out last night so I had to cram in a huge long session of killer lifting. I don't want to log the workout because it is such a high damn volume that I don't care to type it out. Just know this, I was working within 50% - 60% of 1 RM maximum for 15+ rep sets. In some cases towards the end I was simply unable to get more than a few reps out. The burn was intense, the muscles didn't want to go anymore and I hit a brick wall. Tomorrow is rest with another workout after to deplete the rest of my glycogen (if there is any left!) Only 2 more days until my carb up...

ArchAngel777
01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Was very sore today... This a planned day of rest. Eating was right on target and am waiting for tomorrows major carb up! Tomorrow I have to eat 75% of what I ate yesterday before 1:00pm. That is going to be difficult. For those who eat their protein, I have to say, I admire anyone who can eat 250+ grams of protein per day. It is almost getting repulsive, the 175grams I am eating. It is difficult to explain... Like tonight, I had 16oz of chicken breasts which is right around 400 calories and am completely stuffed (I also had plenty of broccolli) but I do not feel "satisfied" I just feel stuffed.

Anyway, enough talk. Tomorrow is TRAIN HARD day.

ArchAngel777
01-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Did 45 minutes of cardio today during my lunch break at work. Walked 3.05 miles at a 6.0 degree incline 4.0mph. This was the "pre-workout"... Lovely... Tonight is balls to the wall (not quite). Then party time! I am going to take a bath in sugar free pudding and will eat it all! Ok, that is sick...

ArchAngel777
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Tonight was HIT, depletion night. Right before the workout I ate 4 smartie packets (26grams of dextrose) and had a teeny bit of whey protein (1/2 scoup. Maybe it was just a placebo effect (pun!) but I tell you, it worked wonders. I had much more energy that I thought I would have. Once I got done with the workout I ate 8 smarties packets (52 grams) and 2 scoups of whey with 1 tea spoon of brown sugar. Once that settled, I had some chcolate pudding (malto) and fat free whip cream. I am pretty full now, so I will have to back off for a few hours before I try and eat more. This is going to be very difficult to eat 5,000 calories over the course of the next 24 - 30 hours.

I am going to focusing on my neck and cavles and traps, which need the most work in my opinion. My neck isn't terrible, however, I have a wider than normal face and it makes my neck look a bit smaller. Also, I have very little to no fat on my neck. I look around at other people and that have gobs of fat around their neck :-( I kinda wish that was one area I did have fat, it makes it look bigger.

I took pictures of my current composition and measurements prior to running UD 2.0. I am going to give UD 2.0 a 6 week trial run. If it fails to deliver, I will be running to Built to build me a diet plan. If I ended up at 169 pretty ripped I would be a happy man... I'd rather not dip below 160.

ArchAngel777
01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Right now I feel like utter crap... This 1000grams of carbohydrates over the course of 24 hours is ridiculous! Not to mention the huge mood swings and tiring etc... Lyle said this would all happen, that is a sign his diet is at least WORKING, since he did predict how I would feel.

Maybe I won't give this a 6 week run, maybe after this week I will just go to built. It all depends on how my workout tomorrow goes. If what Lyle says is true, then tomorrow late afternoon my workout should kick the crap out of anything I have done in the past 5 months, since I have been depletion for a really long time in general and have never done a carb load.

ArchAngel777
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Did a complete power workout today. Been eating about maintenance today so far and plan to keep it that way until Tuesday. It looks like I will move the cycle one day forward, because I don't like having to carb load at work (everyone commends how much food I was eating, it was a see-food diet!). So I think the carb load on Saturday will work better since I like to use that day to putz around and be lazy. Sunday will then be the power workout.

I really liked my workout today. I had plenty of energy and I didn't slow down at all. Did a full body workout which took about 2 hours. Felt great and still do.

ArchAngel777
01-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I am up to 184.8 now! Not bad, just as I thought. I found it odd that after my 30 hour refeed, I only gained 3 pounds, then I gained another 5 over the course of Saturday to Sunday. Of course it is water weight and most likely glycogen. I am thinking that 24 hours to refill glycogen wasn't true for my body. I think it takes about 48 - 72 hours in my case. My breakdown was the following:

Thursday Night to Friday Night = 1000g carbs and 150g of protein and 50grams of fat. Total calories for that day was 5050 and my weight went up 3 pounds. I weighed 179 Saturday morning.

Saturday I ate around 3,000 calories, about 500g were from carbs, 100g of protein and about 60g of fat. I weighed 183 Sunday afternoon.

Sunday I ate around 2,600 calories. 335g of carbs, 150g of protein and 60g of fat. I weighed 184.8 after a light dinner tonight eaten with no carbs.

So, what is the plan? Well, another cycle of UD 2.0 with a slight adjustment.

Monday - Friday afternoon will be 1,400 calories/per day, low carb days (50 - 75g). Two depletion workouts on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday will be a light cardio day, Thursday will be rest. Friday will be cardio on lunch break with a HIT lifting session Friday followed by my carb load over the next 72 hours...

ArchAngel777
01-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Holy Triple Post Batman! Server had some major lag...

Coke
01-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Somewhere along the line you got totally into the dieting aspects - this will really help you know your body.

ArchAngel777
01-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks to you Coke, I had to reconsider my current diet. I was getting lighter and lighter and while I was still getting leaner, I was concerned that I might end up under 160 pounds. That isn't something I wanted... I wanted 169 @ 8% - 10% body fat. So, I did the math and realized I might be headed towards the wrong direction. With UD 2.0 I was able to bulk (slightly) and hopefully rip the fat off of me. Also, after reading more into leptin levels and depletion glycogen information, I found that I need to refeed and overfeed much more often than I was. I still feel like I have a long road to go...

Yesterday was a depletion workout...

Bench Press

155lbs 2 X 15

Incline Benc Press

135lbs 2 X 12

Weighted Rows

110lbs 2 X 15

Lateral Pulldowns

110lbs 2 X 15

Shrugs

135lbs 4 X 15

Tricep Pushdowns

50lbs 2 X 15

Standing Curls

70lbs 2 X 12

ATF Squats

135lbs 2 X 15
135lbs 1 X 8 (very slow reps with pause).

Calve Raises

120lbs+BW 2 X 15

Lyle recomends doing Leg Press, Leg Curls, etc... I guess this is where I am going to dissagree and deviate from his diet outline. I think ATF squats hit more muscle groups and combines many of those exercises into one. Besides, I need to get more comfortable with squats in general. It just makes the most sense to me to deplete my legs using a total leg workout rather than a few machines. Besides, with a bit of running I don't think I will have to worry to much about my legs not being depletion of their glycogen come Friday evening.

Workout was done in about 45 minutes, had less than 45 seconds rest between most of my lifts, tried to superset as much as I could (to save time) was was pretty tired by the time I was done.

Tonight I only have about 1 hour again (bummer, with my busy schedule this week). The plan is to superset everything, then rest 2 - 3 minutes and repeat. Want to make the most of these depletion workouts.

Coke
01-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Good depletion day with the high reps.

ArchAngel777
01-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Last night was more or less the same workout as yesterday with a few more sets added in. Total time in the gym yesterday was 1 hour. Not sore today, thought I would be. Oh well, I feel good.

mickyjune26
01-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Good to hear that you're not sore, unless you're like me and kind of like it when you're sore.

ArchAngel777
01-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Did some mild HIIT yesterday after work and did 4 sets of MP's, used the hammer machine for delts for 4 sets and also hit calves for another 3 sets. I am fairly certain I am 95% depleted as I do not have the will in me to even do that much anymore. I feel slow, out of energy... Yep, all signs I am depleted. Resting today.

ArchAngel777
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeeehah! I cannot wait! Almost time to carb up... Now I have to do a workout at lunch time, fast for 3 hours, work my butt off in the gym for 1 hour and enjoy pudding, fat free cool ship, pretzilz, more pudding (mmm, I love making it thick!) and... uhm... Crap, oatmeal! I cannot wait util tomorrow morning. I will have 6 servings of oatmeal with some splenda and then some bagels with jam and stuff and some pasta... Wow, all these good carbs. Can't wait...

ArchAngel777
01-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Enjoying a little peice of heaven right now (sugar free choco fudge pudding + fat free whip topping)... Mmmm... Yep, this is why I train hard. Tonight was the high tension workout. Most sets were between 6 and 10 reps with 1 - 2 reps before failure.

Incline BP 155lbs - 2 X 8

BP 185lbs - 2 X 8

Weighted Row 150lbs - 2 X 8

Lat pulldowns CG 160lbs - 2 X 8

Shrugs 185lbs 4 X 10?? (I hate shrugs and never count the reps, odd muscle to work for me)

Squats 185lbs 3 X 10

Calf Raises 200lbs - 2 X 12

Curls 85lbs 1 X 8

Tricep Pushdown 70lbs 1 X 8

Hammers (medial delts) err... 25lbs - 2 X 10

Was going to end it with a few sprints, but the treadmill needed to be serviced and the others were in use... No biggie, I didn't want to do anymore anyway! Yay! Got home, ate like 10 packets of smarties (50g Dextrose) and 3 scoups of whey protein... After that I ate the pudding... Mmm, tonight is pasta of some sort... Tomorrow, I absolutely cannot wait until I can eat my 6 servings of oatmeal! I love the stuff!

Coke
01-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Fine effort which pretty much amounts to another full body day, nice work.

ArchAngel777
01-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Power Workout
Weight = 183.5 lbs in shoes, pants and t-shirt. I am up 5.5 pounds since the end of my depletion Friday (I was 178.0 lbs)

Squats

Bar X 10
135 X 5
185 X 5
225 X 8
225 X 8
225 X 8
225 X 8

Absolutely incredible... Just last week I could only get 4 X 4, just barely... Well, today was absolutely fabulous for the workout. I guess that is a sign my carb load went excellent.

Bench Press

Bar X 8
135 X 5
185 X 1
205 X 1
225 X 4
225 X 3
225 X 4

Second set I could have had that fourth rep, but for some reason I didn't go for it. I suppose not having a spotter somewhat gives me some bad second guessing abilities. Overall, not bad.

Strict Standing Military Press

Bar X 5
135 X 6
155 X 3

Bleh, I did them after my bench, so my triceps were tired. Still not bad since I havn't done them in about 6 months.

Weighted Rows

95 X 5
155 X 5
180 X 5
180 X 5
180 X 5

Pretty good overall...

Lat Pulldowns close grip

200 X 7

Shrugs

Bar X 12
135 X 12
185 X 6
225 X 8
225 X 8
225 X 8

Good, much better now that I have some energy... Probably my least favorite excercise.

Calf Raises

BW + 220 X 10
BW + 280 X 10

Again, another exercise I really hate... I suppose I actually don't hate them, but they seem to never do anything. Most difficult muscle to get to grow in my opinion.

Tricep Pushdown

80 X 8
80 X 8

1 Arm Curls

40 X 8
40 X 8

I hardly ever do direct bicep work, but my left bicep is about .5" larger than my right and peaks a lot more. So, I am actually trying to play "catch up" with it. So I am going to near failure on the right arm and stoping plenty short on my left arm. Hoping to even them out strength wise and size wise within the next 6 months.

Log Press

140 X 1 + Strict Press
160 X 1 + Strict Press
190 X 1 - Just Cleaned it

Again, stronger here even though it was at the end of my workout! Way awesome... Well maybe it was just a fluke, but today's workout was absolutely wonderful and concludes my second week of UD2.0.

Comments: I have modified my training a bit. Lifts that I hate the least I have put the most priority on them to become proficient with them. I think Squating four times a week has been very good, because I am really nailing my form down (or so I thinl). So, I really hate Shrugs, Squats (learning to love them), Calf Raises... So, they get extra effort from me... That is it for now.

Thanks Coke!

Coke
01-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Starting to step to it in a different way with the power workouts, this is great Gabe.

TwiloMike
01-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Nice squatting and pressing! Looks like you did have a great workout. :)

ArchAngel777
01-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys... In about 1 hour I get bust my balls. I am going to *attempt* full depletion in one workout. I know that it probably won't be quality towards the end which is why I will followup with some depletion tomorrow. But since my brother is coming over tomorrow to game, I want to free up as much time as possible, thus the bulk of this depletion is going to be done tonight (hopefully). I honestly can say with honesty that I am not looking forward to it... I am going to feel like crap afterward.

ArchAngel777
01-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Lasts nights depletion workout was insane... Was at the gym for 2 hours and 45 minutes (40 was light cardio).

I determined that a full 1 day depletion is simply not even possible. But that is ok, because I am done with 80% of it! That means onlny 20% left to go...

This morning I am a little sore, but overall I feel great.

ArchAngel777
01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Did 45 minutes of SS cardio today at lunch time...

sharkall2003
01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
What's a full depletion?

I saw that last workout. One word: Killer. Great job, man.

ArchAngel777
01-18-2007, 07:16 AM
What's a full depletion?

I saw that last workout. One word: Killer. Great job, man.

A full depletion workouts purpose is to deplete muscle glycogen (use it all up, or most of it). This then prepares the body to supercompensate glycogen storage when you carb up. You can normally store 100% of glycogen, but when you supercompensate, you can get beyond that 100% to 125 - 150%. This means you have more energy available on your power workout. It also means that when you do your refeed, nearly all of the carbs you eat go towards glycogen storage, not to fat. It is a bit more complex than that, but that is the basics of it.

The workout itself, in my case was...

8 sets of BP
4 sets of IBP
2 sets of MP
4 sets of Hammers
6 sets of weighted rows
6 sets of pulldowns
6 sets of ATF squats
4 sets of leg Press
4 sets of leg extensions
4 sets of leg curls
10 sets of shrugs
2 sets of tricept pulldowns
2 sets of one arm curls

Basically it is a 60+ sets designed to work the entire body. Also these sets are done with about 12 - 16 slow tempo reps. I couldn't get all of that done in one workout, but I did manage to get 80% of it down and followed up yesterday with the rest of the 20%. Basically a full depletion workout (if you can maintain the energy) is nearly a three hour balls to the walls workout. You can't lolly dally through it. You need to be supersetting circuit style the whole time or you will not get through it in 3 hours even.

Also did some cardio and what not... Today I am fairly sore, but not terrible. I will take today off and rest!

ArchAngel777
01-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Last night at work I tweaked by back for some reason... All of a sudden had some sharp pains. I took it easy and got plenty of sleep and this morning the pain is gone! Thank goodness! I was a little worried that I wouldn't be ready for the carb load tonight.

Weighed in this morning after my shower at 176.2 lbs... I was pretty well hydrated and have had some large intakes of salt this week. Pretty sure I am holding a bit of water at this point.

Tonight is the high tension workout... So, about 75 - 80% of my 1 RPM. Attempt to get 8 - 10 reps out of each set.

ArchAngel777
01-19-2007, 01:29 PM
44 minutes of cardio at lunch today. One more grueling workout tonight and it is home free for the weekend! Carbohydrates, get in my belly!

ArchAngel777
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
MMMMM... Smarties never tasted so good. Since I can't find dextrose and I refuse to order it online, I got the next best thing - Smarties -. Pure dextrose (almost). So, I get my candy fix.

Workout went pretty decent. This isn't my power workout, so I don't care much about the numbers. I am just there to lift about 70% of my 1 RM and stop short of failure. This is the muscle building phase. I worked the entire body, took 1 hour and I ate a few packs of smarties and a protein shake. Pretty good overall... I am definately getting leaner while maintaining my weight, in fact, even gaining a bit a weight I might add. I am not sure how this is possible, honestly, but hey, I don't argue. Again, I was 178 today depleted, so I expect to be 185/186ish here by tomorrow night.

ArchAngel777
01-21-2007, 10:50 AM
lost my temper last night and punched 4 holes through my door... I effed up my hand really bad... So I probably will be out of comission for a few weeks. Havn't been that angry in about 9 years... Oh well, I guess I am only human.

Stumprrp
01-21-2007, 10:57 AM
exactly man, we are all human and get angry, dont sweat it

ArchAngel777
01-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Hand is still healing, I really can't workout though. I am guessing it will take about 2 more weeks before it is fully healed. However, I am bullheaded and won't let that stop me. I plan to do some lifting Saturday, that will have been one full week off from weights and exercise. Probably did me good... diet is in check, low carb and hopefully I can deplete Saturday, Sunday, Monday and ride on cardio until next Friday.

ArchAngel777
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Did a short depletion workout at Lunch today at work. Managed to get in a solid 45 minutes.

Squats

4 Sets, 135 X 20 reps, TuT = 1 minute

Leg Curls

8 Sets, 80 X 15 reps, TuT = 50 - 55 seconds

Leg Exentions

4 Sets, 100 X 15 reps, TuT = 45 - 50 seconds

Calf Raises

4 Sets, 120 X 15 reps, TuT = 45 - 50 seconds

20 sets total, Legs are 80% depleted. Tonight after work, I will deplete upper body.

Coke
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Good depletion day with the legs, effort keeps you on track after going through than ordeal with your hand.

ArchAngel777
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks Coke, I went back 4 hours later (last night) and finished my entire depletion workout. It was nearly 3 hours long.

Bench Press

6 sets of 15 reps, TuT = 55 seconds

Incline Bench Press

2 sets of 15 reps, TuT = 60 seconds

Machine Bench Press

4 sets of 10 reps, TuT = 55 seconds

Shrugs

6 sets of 10 reps, TuT = 60 seconds

Weighted Rows

Pulldowns

Hammers (machine)

6 sets of 10 reps, TuT = 60 seconds

HIIT Running to finish off the legs 3 intervals, 4 incline, 10 mph followed by 45 minute SS walk.

All in all it was a great depletion workout. I aimed for 60 seconds of TuT rather than 45, which will deplete more glycogen. I lowered the weight slightly, 45% of 1RM generally, except towards the end of each exercise where I had to lower it a bit.

I decided to alter plans... The thought of going no or low carbs the next 7 days didn't sit well with me. So, last night I decided to deplete myself as much as possible and follow through the next day (tonight) with my high tension workout and then carb load. Then I can carb load all Saturday evening and Sunday, and return to no PSMF on Monday and get my cycle started back again.

ArchAngel777
01-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Did my high tension workout tonight... These are around 70-75% 1RM

Bench Press

2 sets of 8 reps

Incline Bench Press

2 sets of 8 reps

Machine Bench Press

1 set of 8 reps

Weighted Rows

2 sets of 8 reps

Pulldowns

2 sets of 8 reps

Shrugs

4 Sets of 8 reps

Hammers

4 sets of 8 reps

Curls

1 set of 8 reps

Pushdowns

1 set of 8 reps

Squats

3 sets of 10 reps

Total Sets = 22

Everything was extremely sore going into the workout and I am amazed I made it through. It isn't ideal to be doing the high tension 20 hours after the depletion, but we have to be flexable... Carb loaded when I got back... 120 grams of dextrose and 72 grams of protein. Can't wait to have some ice cream... Yummy!

Depletion Weight = 178

mickyjune26
01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your hand. Looks like you're recovering just nicely.

ArchAngel777
01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I need to learn to stay away from forums when I am carb loading. I tend to have a short temper, misread things and completely make an ass of myself. Oh well, life goes on... Live and learn.

Coke
01-28-2007, 08:25 AM
No way, am I seeing back-to-back sessions of regular workouts? - lol.

ArchAngel777
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes you sure did Coke and now I have DOMs like I have never felt before... Oh gawd, I woke up sore as hell.

ArchAngel777
01-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Still sore, but the carb load went relatively well. Didn't look like much spillover, if any... Still sore a bit sore... Plan is to do light cardio at lunch and then another session after work. Just a nice decent paced walk at a decent incline. Weight was 186.

ArchAngel777
01-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Wow, still feeling some DOMS this morning.... It is very faint, but this is possibly the longest I have ever had DOMs. No biggy though... Tonight is the power workout (I hope).

ArchAngel777
01-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Did my power workout last night... Wasn't a true power workout in the sense that I was 100%, since I was low carbing it. However, I still had plenty of muscle glycogen.

Squats

4 Sets of 225 X 8 reps

Militar Press

2 Sets of 135 X 6 reps

Bench Press

1 Sets of 225 X 3 reps

Weighted Rows

3 Sets of 160 X 8 reps

Pulldowns

2 Sets of 160 X 10 reps

Shrugs

3 Sets of 245 X 8 reps

Overall was pretty good... Only a little sore today and will be doing a full day depletion tomorrow.

Weight in the gym was 181.

Coke
02-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Nice sets throughout, keep on it dude.

ArchAngel777
02-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks Coke.

Today at lunch time I did a leg depletion workout.

Squats 4 sets 20 reps TuT = 60+ seconds

Leg Extensions 4 sets 15 reps TuT = 60 seconds

Leg Curls 8 sets 15 reps TuT = 60 seconds

Calf Raises 6 sets 15 reps TuT 50 seconds

Legs are fried and 80% depleted. Tonight is 100% upper body depletion following 4 intervals of HIIT to finish the legs off. Tonight is going to make me cry...

Weight = 179

sharkall2003
02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice workout, Arch. What's your bf%? How long you been on the cut for?

Coke
02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Stuff is getting serious when you pull off a lunch time effort...good deal with the depletion man.

ArchAngel777
02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Nice workout, Arch. What's your bf%? How long you been on the cut for?

Overall? I have been cutting for about 15 months. However, I have had many breaks in between in regards to my diet are training. Last summer when my child was born, I took 6-7 weeks off the diet and weight training. Then I have taken 1-2 weeks off diet wise here or there. My BF% I quit guessing that a long time ago at this point. I have no idea on percentage, but I know that I am still shy of a six-pack.

Interestingly, a guy I see at the gym a lot seems very surprised I don't have a six pack because he said my viens are shooting out all out my forearms and have defination everywhere else for the most part.

ArchAngel777
02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Stuff is getting serious when you pull off a lunch time effort...good deal with the depletion man.

Yeah, UD 2.0 has been the best thing for me lately. It has kept me on a schedule and routine. I really enjoy the UD 2.0 because I get to at least let loose (somewhat) 1-2 days a week. By that time I am stuffed and WANT to cut. So the cycle is beautiful, IMO.

ArchAngel777
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Finished my depletion workout.... 2 hours and 45 minutes - including 1 hour incline walk. Tired... Going to eat 16oz of chicken now and some great veggies.

ArchAngel777
02-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Slightly sore, taking it easy today. I plan to get up tomorrow and and kill myself in the gym and then proceed with my carb load. I was soooo tempted to do my tension workout tonight and carbload, but I resisted somehow. I will made it until tomorrow morning!

Going to eat some chicken + veggies plus a low carb power bar. I need the fiber it has anyway and it tastes decent. Going to watch 5 episodes of DS9 Season 1 tonight... Nexflix is great! :D

Coke
02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Awesome stuff Gabe, keeping the pedal to the metal with it all lately - :thumbup:

ArchAngel777
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Coke, as always, thanks

Ok, so I finished my fifth week of UD2.0. I enjoyed it, but am burnt out at this point (not because of UD2.0). As much as I am having a difficult time doing this, I am going to bring myself up to maintenance calories for the rest of the month. I feel that my metabolism has crashed from the prolonged diets. I plan to work out just as hard, but will be consuming around 2,750 calories every day and tracking my weight pretty closely. This will give my body a chance to get used to my current weight of 185 pounds.

I probably will not be checking in much here this month as I really want to take it easy on the diet and just enjoy the month.

Wife is preggers with second child! Woah, daddy X 2. :help: Joking... (about the help part)

That is it for now!

Oh yeah, I did 225 for 10 reps today at lunch time for ATF Squat. Could have went another 2 I think...

ArchAngel777
02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Almost 1 week at near maintenance calories... Weight was 186 at the gym last night. So far so good. Been eating oatmeal for breakfast, lean chicken for lunch, a healthy dinner and of course, some pudding or ice cream for a treat. Still hitting the gym up with maximum effort.

Daily calories are around 2,750 - 3,000. Like I said, I am going to be doing this until March 1st or until I hit 188 pounds. Not sure what the plan is once March 1st comes around though. I am thinking about dropping calories 600 a day for five days and raising them for the other two days at maintenance. Again, not entirely sure. I have more time to think about this.

Coke
02-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Wife is preggers with second child! Woah, daddy X 2...

Congrats...hoping the stork will be delivering you all a girl this time, lol.

You really are into tweaking your diet for the right affects, that is great.

ArchAngel777
02-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks Coke! If we have a girl, I want to name her Ruby... I am hoping for a girl this time and I think it will be a girl, but who knows...

Training has been on... Power workout is tomorrow. I am going to attempt 245 for 5X5 reps I think. Not sure I have it in me, but by golly, gonna go for it.
Diet has been in check at maintenance.

ArchAngel777
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Today was the power workout.

ATF Squats

135 X 10
185 X 5
225 X 1
250 X 5
250 X 5
250 X 5
225 X 6
225 X 6

Weighted Rows

150 X 8
150 X 8
150 X 8

Pulldowns

160 X 8
160 X 8
160 X 8

Shrugs

225 X 10
275 X 5
275 X 5
275 X 5
225 X 10
225 X 10

Bench Press

135 X 10
185 X 1
205 X 6
205 X 6

Machine BP

180 X 10
180 X 10

Machine MP

155 X 7
155 X 7

That was about it...

Weight=183

Coke
02-13-2007, 04:54 AM
Keep on with it dude...likes the look of this power shiat.

ArchAngel777
02-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Did some SS cario yesterday during lunch and then tonight I did a pretty intense upper body workout. Tomorrow is legs...

Weight = 184

dblockspky
02-14-2007, 08:45 PM
nice work in here man keep it up. and at 5'10 186.. you probably arent far at all from that 6 pack

ArchAngel777
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
nice work in here man keep it up. and at 5'10 186.. you probably arent far at all from that 6 pack

Hopefully... My body stores fat differently due to being really fat at one point. Some good examples would be this.

At 18 I was around 10-12% Bodyfat. Absolutely no love handles at all, no chest fat, but the abs were not real present either. Hardly had any viens popping out.

At 25 now, when I was 15% BF, I had viens coming out of my forehead now, my legs, calves, hips, etc... my face is thinner than when I was 18, my upper abs are showing more and I still have a little bit of chest fat... So, in some areas of my body I am much more lean and in other areas I am still holding a decent amount of fat.

I was stronger back then (about 25% in all lifts) and had about 10 more pounds of LBM. Other that that, my physique hasn't changed much in terms of muscle mass once the fat was removed.

So, yeah... That is why I really don't guess BF% anymore, because quite honestly, I just don't know what would be accurate.

So, is that 6 pack almost here? I sure hope so, but who knows at this point.

Hey, thanks for stopping in! :D

Going to be a brutal leg workout tonight. Going to attempt 185x20 for ATF Squats.

ArchAngel777
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM
*YAWN*...

Tired now... Sleepy... Zzzzz

Did a rought leg workout IMO.

185 X 20
185 X 15
185 X 12
185 X 12
185 X 10

Leg Curls

110 X 12
110 X 12
110 X 12

Calf Raises

BW+160 X 10
BW+160 X 10

Incline walk 8 minutes... Almost fell asleep at the tradmill and driving home. This workout killed me.

Coke
02-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Can't beat that, really gave it your all bro.

ArchAngel777
02-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Was in Arizona all last week and just got back last night... Was a work related trip. I was stressed out over this setup, didn't have much time, so I pigged out on terrible, terrible foods in ridiculous quantities. When you don't have a stove, friedge or any of that stuff, you really are limited in what you can do. There was no subway closed by and it was just a pain in the ass.

I estimated my calorie intake from Sunday evening to Friday evening was 25,000 or about 5,000 per day with no exercise. I feel bloated, crappy and just gross all over. I gained about 2 - 3 pounds of actual fat. I am not upset about it, but I am severely lacking in motivation to get back into the swing of things.

ArchAngel777
02-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok, well, I have finally prepared myself for tomorrow, when I return to the diet. I had origonally mentioned that I wouldn't start it until March 1st, however, a few things didn't go as planned. As of tomorrow it will be a full 3 weeks diet break that I took and one of those weeks was more of a bulk (dirty one at that!). I am fairly confident my metabolism has been reset completely.

I weigh 189.6 and the scale says 12.2% body fat. That body fat percentage is complete bull schmidt, I am around 15% at this point. How ironic, I am about the same composition as almost a year ago... Why? Well, I don't know. But I know that effed myself up badly when my Son was born last year. I ate everything in site for 7 weeks and caused me to gain around 15 pounds of fat... Unfortunately, that took me almost 5 months to lose.

Ok, enough talk... What is the plan?

The plan is going to be simple, nothing extreme.

Calories 2,000 - 2,200

Breakfast = Oatmeal - 600 Calories

Lunch = 16oz Chicken Breasts + two slices of bread - 600 calories

Dinner = Burger + Fries, Pasta + Beef, Etc, Normal dinner which will be anywhere from 600 - 1,000 calories.

That is it... I am not restricting carbs, fat or protein. I will do my best to get 150grams of protein, the rest of the calories can be from anything as far as I am concerned. But it will essentially work itself out closely to an isocaloric ratio.

This is my last attempt at getting lean. If by my Birthday (June 27th) I am not under 10% body fat, I will never attempt it again. Just to be safe, I am estimating my body fat higher than I believe it to be. I am estimating it at 18%. Therefore, my starting stats will be the following
Lean Body Mass = 155 lbs
Body Fat = 34 lbs
BF = 18%
Maintenance Calories = 2,800 - 3,000
Diet Calories = 2,000 - 2,200
Deficit Average = 800 calories
Fat Loss per week = 1.6 pounds

My Split will be this:

Day 1 = Lower Body 50% of 1RM
Day 2 = Upper Body 50% of 1RM
Day 3 = Lower Body 50% of 1RM
Day 4 = Upper Body 50% of 1RM
Day 5 = Cardio SS 45 minutes
Day 6 = Full Body 75% of 1RM
Day 7 = Rest

I think I covered everything.. The plan is laid out, I guess I just need to figure out if my body will respond to it or not. Will Gabriel finally hit 10% body fat? Will he? Well, time to find out...

Edit **

I wanted to mention that I am not optimistic about these next four months... It seems my body's set point may very well be around 15%. Of course, set point can be countered, but it is like a teather, it is more difficult the farther you get away from it. A lot of people say that a full diet break can work wonders, I guess I am finally testing that out first hand. But still, I have my doubts.

Edit 2 **

Decided I am going to pick up a pair of calipers tomorrow at work during lunch. I will then take take my measurements and record them.

Coke
02-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Get your mind on right and be positive about the plan, surely you can reach the 10% bodyfat mark.

ArchAngel777
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks Coke.

Damn, I could not find a place that sells calipers. I don't want to order them online, but it looks like I might have too... Well, scrath the calipers for now :-(

Today was good.

AFT Squats

135 X 6
185 X 2
205 X 2
225 X 2
245 X 2
265 X 1
275 X 1
275 X 1
225 X 6
225 X 6

It was not a bad session, I know I could have gotten close to 300 because 275 was going up very fast.

The rest of my workout was more of the same full body routines. Nothing to write home about. I was there about 1 hour and then went grocery shopping.

Coke
02-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Ace concentrated work on the ATF squats.

ArchAngel777
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Legs are very sore...

ArchAngel777
03-02-2007, 07:16 AM
2/28

Upper Body (evening)

3/1

Shoveled 1+ foot of snow (evening) 1 Hour

3/2

Shoveled 1+ foot of snow (morning) 40 Minutes

Nothing special.

ArchAngel777
03-05-2007, 12:09 PM
More snow shoveling for Saturday for my workout... Sunday was rest with light work and today is..... POWER DAY! - I think.