PDA

View Full Version : Cutting as a vegetarian

ScroogeSF
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi All,
I'm hoping to start cutting soon...and kinda ran into some diet planning problems. My fitday is at fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ScroogeSF

I'm a vegetarian...my general problem is...I dont know how to eat less carbs without losing the protein. My breakfast is oatmeal + yogurt, and a shake of nitrean. Both the oatmeal and yogurt have almost 60g total, with 15g of protein. Any suggestions on what a breakfast should be on a cut?
I'm planning to eat more boca burgers, since they have almost only 4g of carbs, and 18g of protein.

Is there any other vegetarian options that's more protein than carbs?

Thanks

Built
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Do you eat eggs?

You eat dairy - how about cottage cheese?

You don't need to cut carbs to cut bodyfat. It's just easier for a lot of us to control hunger on lower carbs.

getfit
05-31-2006, 06:00 PM
tofu, lentils,beans

ScroogeSF
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Do you eat eggs?

You eat dairy - how about cottage cheese?

You don't need to cut carbs to cut bodyfat. It's just easier for a lot of us to control hunger on lower carbs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't eat eggs directly (just from nitrean, opticen). I eat cottage cheese...I put it in as CC + Whey on fitday (my pre-sleep snack)

I read your cutting guide...so I was looking for some protein+fat meals. So do you think it'll work even if I reduce my carb intake to 1g/lb (I'm at 164 right now).

getfit
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
do you eat soy based foods?

ScroogeSF
05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
do you eat soy based foods?

Yea...I eat boca burgers (just pressed tofu burgers). I guess I'll start eating more tofu from now on.

getfit
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
i cook so much with tofu, veggie chili, burgers, stir fry , everything

ScroogeSF
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
i cook so much with tofu, veggie chili, burgers, stir fry , everything

Great...I'll do that. I'm worried about eating tofu...one of my teammates scared me about eating it. But if it's working...good stuff.

I took at look at your journal...and I was wondering if you had a menu of what you eat?

Thanks for the help!

getfit
05-31-2006, 06:45 PM
what exactly did you say regarding tofu?if you don't mind me asking.I'll pm you

TheGimp
06-01-2006, 01:32 AM
I notice from your fitday that you take Nitrean. At the very least you can up the number of protein shakes you're taking. e.g. for breakfast have a few scoops of Nitrean and a piece of fruit.

What's your friend been saying about soy? I have a few studies that might be relevant.

P.S. I'm a vegetarian also, check out my journal if you're interested in my diet.

Beast
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Boca burgers, tofu, and protein powder are all low-carb protein sources for you.

ScroogeSF
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I notice from your fitday that you take Nitrean. At the very least you can up the number of protein shakes you're taking. e.g. for breakfast have a few scoops of Nitrean and a piece of fruit.

What's your friend been saying about soy? I have a few studies that might be relevant.

P.S. I'm a vegetarian also, check out my journal if you're interested in my diet.

This is the site that scared me off tofu: http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm

I'll go ahead and switch from pasta + beans to tofu and boca burgers.

Thanks for the help.

Built
06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
There's no real need to carb cycle or even drop carbs. It's just a comfortable way diet for some of us.

There's lots of ways to diet. Ultimately, if you reduce calories, you'll lose weight.