PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my diet

Flabs
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
I started training about 3 weeks ago, thinking that it was time to get off of Weight Watchers and back into an excersize routine. I decided to give carb cycling a try so that I wouldn't go hungry after workouts, and was quite pleased for the past while.

But, I think I've been a little too pleased. I weighed myself today, and I'm 196. I gained 11lbs!

I know, I know. The name of the site is 'Wannabe BIG', and judging by my rapidly increasing weight I should be happy. But I'm trying to lose weight while increasing muscle mass. I'd like to think that I put on 11lbs of muscle in 3 weeks, but I'm confident most (if not all) that weight is fat.

When I was on Weight Watchers my Fitday numbers were like this:
Fat: 16 Carbs: 214 Protein: 121, Calories 1411. My average Fitday numbers now look like this: Calories: 2016 Fat: 86 Carbs:102 Protein: 207. This doesn't seem like a lot, but it's waaay too much for my slow metabolism. I even find after a meal of chicken + peanuts with a cap of fish oil, my chest starts to ache. It's almost like my heart is screaming at me to stop eating!

Is it possible I'm eating too much fat? I'm taking creatine as well, but I don't think that's responsible for my belly gains. I hope someone can help me, or I suppose it's back to calorie counting and long stretches of cardio to get rid of the rest of my gut.

Eszekial
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm not saying this to be short, stupid, smartass, anything.....

Forget everything you know and said (except for fitday!)

Start in the diet and nutrtion section stickies (Built's Cutting Diet).

I can't say much for sure because I know very little about your situation. For me, i do cardio for maybe 20 minutes a week, i train near max on weights, low reps, and my macros are daily very similar to yours. I'm still losing weight and i'm as strong as ever.

Congrats very, very much, on getting back into a weight training program.

Ozz
05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm taking creatine as well

Creatine helps retain water weight I believe. You would probably pick up a few pounds with it. (I don't remember and do not have the energy to look it up atm)

Built
05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Fat doesn't make you fat. But you may have tanked your metabolism so bad that you need to work to get it up to snuff.

Now, the calories you're eating are SO low that I would strongly urge you to go get your thyroid checked out.

Doing the math, you've been consuming 600 calories a day more for three weeks.

This is 12,600 extra calories, which, if it ALL turned to fat, would increase your weight by a whopping 3.6 lbs.

Creatine can and does put a little water weight on you - but it's just water, and I'd be shocked if it was more than 3-5 lbs of water at that.

Supposing you're holding 5 lbs of water and you've gained 3.6 lbs of fat, that still only explains 8.6 lbs. The rest, well, hmmm...

Go see a doc. I've lost 7 lbs in a month eating 2000 calories a day, and I'm little. And old. And female.

CaLLmeAhNuLd
07-16-2006, 01:48 PM
correct me if im wrong, but if you lowered the carbs wouldn't it help a little bit?

Built
07-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Help a little bit with what?