PDA

View Full Version : What Cut of Beef?

Eszekial
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Chicken I love and have, but it's nice to have a steak once in a while.

What cut of steak is recommended for the bodybuilder? Of course, i trim the fat.

Looking for cheap, not too chewy, and good for you!

Tsuki No Neko
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
I would be interested in knowing this as well. I love beef.

ddegroff
05-31-2006, 11:05 PM
New York is my favorite, Round is the healthiest (or least least fat). Tenderloin is even better but I don't have the $$ for that ATM.

Saint Patrick
06-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Not the Healthiest, but I love a good T-Bone.

Flank Steak is good too.

Clifford Gillmore
06-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm butcher so I guess I can feild this to a degree. In my personal preference.

Fillet
Ribeye/Scotch
Porterhouse/Sirloin/T-bone
Rump
Topside (Roast only)
Silverside (Corned only)
Round/knuckle - utter ****.
Girello (average roast)
Mouses ear/gravy beef/osso bucco/chuck (Stews, I like these for variety only)

Mince/ground beef is a gimme. 95vl/cl is AOK.

bigedge
06-01-2006, 12:25 AM
god damn now i want to go to the pub for a counter meal tonight i love steak
i love a thick scotch fillet

HILL
06-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Personally i dont think it matters. as long as you know the micros and it fits into your daily requirements. Ill go with what evers cheapest that tastes nice. usually whats on offer in tesco wether it be frying steak cuts of sirloin steak or beef joints.

drew
06-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Place down the street from me serves a 24oz Porterhouse and it comes with a pint of Guinness. YAR!

SpecialK
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Top or bottom round will be the leanest and cheapest, but also the toughest meat. Sirloin is better and still pretty lean, but costs twice as much as the top or bottom round, at least here in Michigan. Back in Kansas I could get steaks for much cheaper, probably because of all the cattle farms nearby.

bics56
06-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I like to consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to steaks...my fav is Delmonico/ribeye...but are not the most cost effective steak

The best bank for your buch steak is the sirlion...it is somewhat cheap and is somewhat tender. I also hear a flank steak is good too but I have yet to try them. Steaks are pretty much priced where the more tender it is the more $$ you will spend. Just keep in mind if you are going to make a meal with steak in then you can get soemthing cheap and it wont be that bad. But of you are just eating a steak remember to cut against the grain ...it will be more tender.

D Breyer
06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I went for the first time to my local bucher last night and bought a New York Strip... Its a very lean cut and it was delicious.

Ferdo
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
I think im going to get some striploins this week they dont look to fatty. They are the most delicious steak, i like it better then top sirloin.

HahnB
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Fillet or porterhouse hands down. If you have the cash you can't beat a fillet.

dissipate
06-02-2006, 05:44 AM
risk, get me some discounted fillet :p

have only had a piece of rare fillet once in my life i think and it was joy. i usually go for premium healthy heart (whatever they call it) low fat mince beef otherwise... cos it's the cheapest of the healthy range